• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The School Thread!

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
Years
  • well this is like the title says. here you can talk about your school, teachers and classes. thats basically it. oh and the rules:

spamming~ i know people are gonna spam, probly even i will later on, but please, try not to go overboard or else i will have to place duck tape over you mouth.

thats all!^^ so, welcomes to da school thread!!!

Finglonger

Leper messiah
    Years
  • 0_0 school eh. I have a great AP Us history teacher, hes very opiniated and straight forward. Its great to debate him, because he doesn't resort to degrading you or forcing his opinions on you. Hes a really laid back kind of guy, the only work he gives us is what he feels wil prepare us for the AP exam..so no busy work. = )

Years
  • ...My US Studies teacher is like...An evil democrat. You know...The kind that teaches the class in favor of democratic stuff. Like, he tries to make republicans sound like they are immoral, and bad people. I`m not a rebublican, or a democrat...I`m an independant. It just bothers me that he teaches like...Bias`ly and stuff.

Finglonger

Leper messiah
    Years
  • yeah, I hate it when teachers infuse their own beliefs into the curriculum. I had a femiminist english teacher a couple years back. The disdain in which she regarded some beautiful pieces of writing because they were written by men who she perceived as chauvinsts sickened me. Even poor old dickens was not exempt....

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Camp Kill Yourself said:
    ...My US Studies teacher is like...An evil democrat. You know...The kind that teaches the class in favor of democratic stuff. Like, he tries to make republicans sound like they are immoral, and bad people. I`m not a rebublican, or a democrat...I`m an independant. It just bothers me that he teaches like...Bias`ly and stuff.
    Finglonger said:
    yeah, I hate it when teachers infuse their own beliefs into the curriculum. I had a femiminist english teacher a couple years back. The disdain in which she regarded some beautiful pieces of writing because they were written by men who she perceived as chauvinsts sickened me. Even poor old dickens was not exempt....
    Well... women are better XD

Anyways, I hate it when teachers do that too. My AP Calc teacher got really heated about Kerry and stuff. Some kids were talking crap about Bush, and I was the only one resorting to Nader.

Then she said she was gonna fail us if we voted for Kerry XD, but she was just messing around.

Then... we went back to work XD

I think somebody didn't take it as a joke though, because some parents called in, and since then, she's always been really serious about things...

Well, thats watcha get for being a biased teacher lol. I knew that she was just joking though... I think.

Years
  • Lol. Recently, my USS teacher split us up into groups. The Republicans, The Democrats, and the Reformed Party. I was in the Republican party, mostly because I didn`t want to be in a group with a bunch of preps I didn`t know (one of my friends is in the republican group, but, she is actually a real republican...)...Then I noticed, he seems to be helping the Democrats a bit more than he is us...>.> <.< Geh...I think I`m worried.

Finglonger

Leper messiah
    Years
  • lol, I love nater. I really admire his resolute attitude, the guy has run more times than clinton has had bedpartners... And hes still going strong. I, personally, would love to see nader as president, not only because hes an admirable guy, but because hes strong on environmental issues.

Finglonger

Leper messiah
    Years
  • yeah I agree wholeheartedly. American politicas are degarding because of bipartisan politics. In my opinion a strong third party needs to come into the mix, that way politicians will have to work that much harder at either facading as good Americans or daresay actually form their own opinions. Partisan politics are a joke, even when they were initially created they were unpopular. Washington despised partisan politics, saying that they were to be the end of the union, a disintegrating factor. 0_0

Finglonger

Leper messiah
    Years
  • He isn't on the california ballot either. Its unfortunate how these things happen. If you ever go to a debate or public discussion involving third parties you will actually hear real politics being discussed, These guys and gals aren't afraid to say what they believe in, they don't beat around the bush(no pun intended) like the mainstream candidates.

Finglonger

Leper messiah
    Years
  • houndoomofdarkness said:
    Hey! Hey! Hey! peeps aren't you guys going off topic?This isn't the election thread..ok..Anyways i had been absent for a week to my school all my teachers thought i had changed school or something...anyways thats my story for the day enjoy.^^

= / getting off topic is fun.

CKY: yeah it gets pretty freaking redundant doesn't it? x_x

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • houndoomofdarkness said:
    Hey! Hey! Hey! peeps aren't you guys going off topic?This isn't the election thread..ok..Anyways i had been absent for a week to my school all my teachers thought i had changed school or something...anyways thats my story for the day enjoy.^^
    I believe that this thread was started to talk about school issues and get a real conversation started. If we just say how our day was at school, I don't think this will be much of a thread, lol.

Years

• I agree with LFP.

Yes...Very redundent! It seems like the campaign slogans should be:
    Bush...Hey...At least he`s not Kerry...
    Kerry...Hey...At least he`s not Bush...
    Nader...He`s not Bush or Kerry, but nobody will vote for him, anyway!
    >.>
    <.<

Finglonger

Leper messiah
    Years
  • "A vote for Brittany, is like a vote for Nader.
    Although Nader could never win in real life... Brittany has a little chance to win this election.
    But she needs your help...."

lmao, you have my vote = ), I mean if I can't vote for nader I might at well vote as though I were voting nader..right?

KCY: you know it, he almost killed all we have worked so hard for. ;_; its enough to make me cry.

Back