• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Second Coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sublime

Blimey!
Years
  • Dom

Dom watched the screen flash to Will, as he made his announcement. Shortly thereafter, he was interrupted by Serene.

"Wow, and I thought Norm was embarrasing!" Dom said with a chuckle.

He began to search around for his opponent. He decided it would be good to stay close to her, so they can get their battle going as soon as their names are called.

He soon found her, pampering her pokemon. Six shinies in all, every last one of them sparkling in a golden aura.

He approached Glys and sat down beside her and waited for her to notice him.

She turned to him the scoffed. "Oh,.. it's you.. I suppose you changed your mind and decided to give me that Gengar?"

"No, I just came to chill with you until our battle starts." Dom said simply.

"Well, thats cool; I guess.." Glys said with a dissapointed sigh.

------
    Aaron

By the time Will announced the winners, Aaron had consumed more than his fair share of alcohol. Lets just say he was past drunk.

The bar owner noticed his over-intoxication and ordered him to leave.

"F..fine! I don't..need your cruddy bar anyway!" Aaron said with a slur in his voice.

"But if I'm leavin', I'm leavin' in style! Go, Charizard...!" Aaron said as he slammed a pokeball down. When the pokemon appeared Aaron jumped onto it's back.

"Let's go!" Aaron shouted. They WOULD'VE flown off in a balze of glory, if Aaron hadn't have called out Magmortar by a drunken mistake.

Magmortar simply trotted out of the bar with Aaron on his back. It didn't take Aaron long to realize he called out the wrong pokemon.

"Wha..? When did I catch a Scizor?" Aaron said in the drunken voice. Magmortar simply rolled it's eyes and kept trotting.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • -Rydia-
    *Trainer's Pit*

Rydia watched Aaron walk off on Flade's Magmortar. She had also heard what he said before that, too.

"Geez, I hope I don't get involved in drinking," Rydia said with large eyes. "Urgh. Makes me sick watching drunkards, even if they're people I know..." She looked around, hoping Hans wasn't around. He hadn't tried anything funny on her since an hour or so ago.

-Kit-
    *Trainer's Pit*

Kit had decided that it would be best to talk to Grace about what would happen. She then noticed Grace at the bar, drinking like there was no tomorrow.

"Great. First, my opponent's short-tempered. Now, this one isn't only a shiny perfectionist, she's a drunk. Why me?" Kit sighed, and decided it wasn't worth it to even try and talk to her at this point. For all I know, she could make off with Krystal during her state... Kit thought.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • ((Revival man, to tha rescue!!))

Dom and Glys
    Trainers Pit

Dom stared for a few moments at the six shinies before him. They were all so majestic and beautiful. Even the Pinsir seemed to have a more gentle nature with it's purple pattern.

"So...A shiny hunter eh?" Dom said in a quizzical tone. He had never really heard of anyone "Hunting" shinies before.

"Yup!" Gyls said cheerily. "I got my first shiny when I was 5. It was this Ninetales here, but of course she was a Vulpix then." She said stroking the beautiful white pokemon.

"I fell in love with this pokemon the moment I laid eyes on her. Now I've set out to only train the most beautiful shinies I can" She went on, still stroking the Ninetales.

"So how did you come across that amazing Gengar?" Glys asked politely.

Dom paused for a few moments, recalling faint memories of the origional owner of his pokemon.

"It..was my fathers. He was the greatest Ghost Pokemon trainer in all of Lavender Town.. Until he and my mother got killed." He finished in a dark, depressing tone.

"Oh my God.." Glys said sadly, then her head shot up; as if she remembered something. "Wait..Did you say Lavender Town?"

"Yea,...why?" Dom asked in confusion.

"Because I remember my parents talking about that very same attack! They said it had something to do with an evil orginization. Team....Ta....something.." Glys said.

"Team Talisman?!" Dom said in shock.

"Yes, thats them!" Glys said. "Like, how'd you know?!"

"I just know these things..." Dom said simply, looking down to the ground.

Last edited:

LunarMaddness

King of Night
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2009
    *In Matt's room*

In his room, Matt lounged on the small bed, watching replays of the other tournament battles while his Togekiss lay beside him.
    Matt's expression was stoic, analytical even as he examined his competition, noting their battles styles, and pokemon. He could have got charts and lists from the administration, but he found thats seeing the real thing in action provided for more accurate information.
    "Might actually be a tournament this time huh Glory?" he commented, nudging the Togekiss lightly in its side, as it was dozing. " The last one we were in hardly qualified. No one could even get through Pan. Disappointing..."
    Glory ruffled it's feathers drowzily in it's version of a shrug. "Toge?" It said, looking at Matt quizzically.
    Matt chuckled. "Heh, Dont ask me if it'll be any different this time. That first guy, whats his name, didnt exactly put up a fight."He said, turning back to the screen and staring at it for a few seconds."...But there is a good possibility..."
    Glory cocked it's head and nudged matt with it's nose. Matt patted it on the head, breaking out of his thoughts. " Dont worry about me. I'm just feeling kinda excited. Come on. Let's take a walk down to the Trainer's pit. I'm getting kind of hungry."
    Glory chirruped in agreement as it glided into the air as Matt grabbed his red blazer off a chair, and his portable music player and headphones off a desk before heading out the door.

Before long, Matt And Glory found themselves weaving through the bustling Trainers pit. The other Trainers gave him strange looks as he looked around due to the extremly loud Metal music blaring out of his headphones while his Togekiss did lazy rolls in midair beside him, but Matt neither cared nor paid any attention to them as he tried to find somewhere to get something to eat.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • (Oh, awesome. You're definitely good at RPing~)

-Kit-
    *Trainer's Pit*

Kit waited for Grace to get away from the drinking table. She growled at the fact that Grace was a drunkard. After all, she didn't want to have to face a drunk opponent. You never knew what could happen with those kinds of people.

"Heya, kiddo," Grace gurbled, approaching Kit. "Yew shure yeh dun wanta gimme yer Glaceon?" Kit shook her head.

"Not in a million years. I'm definitely not giving it to a drunk."

"Drunk? Im nawt drunk. Im jest leik dis sumetims..." Grace was really beginning to slur her words, and Kit sighed.

"I'm leaving now. Later, opponent," Kit answered in a somewhat merry voice, walking away to avoid any trouble.

(Sorry if it was kinda short. I'm at school and all, so...)

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
  • Weslyn
    Trainer's Pit

"I wonder who my next opponent will be?" Weslyn asked quietly as she went to retreive her Pokemon.

Upon getting them back, all fully healed, she headed towards the trainer's pit, where she was supposed to wait until her next match. By now all the tension and anxiety had left her system and she was...hyper. Running the rest of the way to the trainer's pit, she tried desperately to stay still.

"Hello there..." A low voice said. She turned quickly, a young man with sleepy, heavily lidded eyes was standing in front of her.

"Umm....hello?" Weslyn responded, feeling a bit unsure of how to respond. Weird looking clothes, she suddenly thought, taking notice of the man's brown bomber jacket, the bright purple shirt visable underneath it, and muddy green trousers.

"1 + 1, yep, those were the good ol' days." He mumbled before wandering off again. She shivered as he turned his back. Creepy...

Ooc:// Okay, this isn't her next opponent, I just thought I'd put someone else in just for fun. Anyways, I'll get her next opponents data up soon.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • -Will-
    *Announcer's Room*

"OK, everyone!" Will's voice boomed from the many speakers set up in the Trainer's Pit, as well as the ones outside the colosseum, and even the hidden ones in the trainers' rooms. "As you know, tomorrow marks the next round of this tourney! The rules are much difficult, and since I'm a nice guy, I'm giving them to you ahead of time.

"FIRST OFF! The same rules from before still apply. And now, the new rules. For every next battle, I'll call out a random number from one to six. That symbolizes how many Pokemon the people are allowed to send out in total. You can have six Pokemon in your party, you just can't use them all.

"SECOND! No items whatsoever this time. This means no healing items, or even held items. This is a true test to see if your Pokemon can hold their own. If any of these rules are broken, I will come into the middle of the field and disqualify the rule breaker. NOW, I hope that's clear with everyone here!" Pleased that he wasn't interrupted by that strange woman from last time, Will sighed as he signed off. "This will turn out to be an interesting round," he said quietly to himself, exiting the building without another word.

Donnie

the popstar that never was
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2013
    (I hope no one minds but Jin isn't participating in the Tournament. He doesnt like to battle, just to watch. If theres a problem I'll edit this post.)
    >Jin
    Drinking a warm and delicous coffee purchased from the one of his favorite coffee shops. Jin thought to himself, Alone at the colorful table decorated with coffee beans and other bright colors surrounding them, Jin thought "I wonder who's gonna win the Tournament." With the last sip of the coffee he stood up, eager to play with his Pokemon. When he got outside he sent all six of his Pokemon. "I saved you guys some snacks!" Jin told his Pokemon. Feeding them some leftover lemon crackers that he had saved so his Pokemon could have some food, he took a moment to rest. "Why do people have to pit their Pokemon against each other to see who is stronger? Whats the point?" He asked himself.

Returning his Pokemon back to their Poke Balls, he returned to the Tournament and noticed all the participants eager for the next round. Of course, Jin just didnt understand why they did it, but if it makes them happy, he was all for it.

Last edited:

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • Dom
    Trainers Pit/ Arena #2

Dom yet again watched Will enter the arena to give an announcement. He watched the screen pan across him, zooming in on his face frequently. Dom listened to the strict new rules and stood up, turning to Glys.

"Well, you ready?" Dom said, holding his hand out to help her up.

"Ready as I'll ever be." Glys said with a smile, grabbing Dom's hand and hoisting herself up.

The two exited the pit and headed out to Arena #2; which is where their battle was to take place.

Glys waved to the crowed and gave an elegant bow while Dom somewhat saluted the crowd. The two took their spots as the screen behind the arena flashed numbers.

After a few seconds of flashing, the number landed on three. Each contestant was only allowed three Pokemon then.

"Lets get started!" The two accidentally chimed in unison. They stared at each other for a moment, kinda suprised at the unison chant. Glys blushed for a moment and called out her pokemon.

"It's your time to shine, Politoed!" She shouted with a sing-song tone. A light-blue pokemon with a pink swirl on it's stomach appeared with golden sparkles surrounding it.

"Let's make this interesting then. Poliwrath, lets do this!" Dom yelled. The other evolved form of a Poliwhirl appeared and found itself face-to-face with it's alter-evolution.

"Well then, this will be interesting!" Glys said cheerily

"A battle of the Poli's!" The two chimed yet again in unison.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • (Um... Will calls out the number, it isn't randomized... ^^')

-Kit-
    *Arena #6*

"Well, I'm ready as ever..." Kit muttered, waiting for her shiny breeder opponent to show up. As soon as she did, she heard Will overhead, shouting out a number. At first, neither could make it out, as the crowd was cheering too loud. So, to make sure they got it straight, Will held up two fingers. Only two Pokemon? Doesn't seem like many... Kit thought to herself. Better think this out...

"OK! First off, I'm sending out my Vaporeon!" Grace annouced. Stars shone around the Vaporeon as she appeared peacefully on the battlefield.

"OK, then. Shiny versus shiny. Go, Krystal!" The Glaceon sparkled as she came out, and at once, the two stared each other down. "Eon" versus "Eon". Shiny versus shiny... The crowd was ecstatic. Kit sighed, and waited for Grace's first move...

(Sorry for shortening this. I can't find Hans or Edmund's updated trainer cards, so...)

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • (Um... Will calls out the number, it isn't randomized... ^^')

-Kit-
    *Arena #6*

"Well, I'm ready as ever..." Kit muttered, waiting for her shiny breeder opponent to show up. As soon as she did, she heard Will overhead, shouting out a number. At first, neither could make it out, as the crowd was cheering too loud. So, to make sure they got it straight, Will held up two fingers. Only two Pokemon? Doesn't seem like many... Kit thought to herself. Better think this out...

"OK! First off, I'm sending out my Vaporeon!" Grace annouced. Stars shone around the Vaporeon as she appeared peacefully on the battlefield.

"OK, then. Shiny versus shiny. Go, Krystal!" The Glaceon sparkled as she came out, and at once, the two stared each other down. "Eon" versus "Eon". Shiny versus shiny... The crowd was ecstatic. Kit sighed, and waited for Grace's first move...

(Sorry for shortening this. I can't find Hans or Edmund's updated trainer cards, so...)

[WHATEVUH! xD]

Dom
    Arena #2

Dom quickly thought mentally of what could come in this battle. With only 3 Pokemon for each of them, this could end quickly for either one. Dom decided he had to take no chances, and go full force. But he had to do a little something before that...

"Poliwrath, Mind Reader." Dom calmy uttered. Poliwrath complied and sat down indian stlye and focused on Politoed. He read the very thoughts of the opponents Pokemon and anticipated it's next-turn move. Poliwrath's next attack was a guaranteed hit.

"I don't know what you're up to.." Glys said skeptically. "Bounce, Politoed!"

Politoed scrunched itself up on the groiund and bounded high into the air, not to come down till next turn.

"And now we play the waiting game.." Dom mumbled to himself. He was watching, and waiting for the Politoed's descent.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
  • Weslyn
    Arena #4

"You can't use all six?" Weslyn echoed, along with several other contestants. Well, she'd have to make a very careful decision then, and she still didn't know who her opponent was. Wasn't she supposed to know by now? Wasn't she? It didn't seem to be the case here, though. Her opponent probably didn't know he or she would be facing her either. Weird how this worked, she was thinking to herself, as she strode into the arena, nervously, her feet seeming to echo several times in the quiet....

Before the crowd burst into applause, as they always did before a battle. Their faces were eager with anticipation for the coming battle, as was Weslyn, though she was shifting anxiously from foot to foot, changing her center of balance constantly. She could swear she had never been quite so nervous in her life, though this was the Grand Tourney, and she did desperately want to win this battle and move on. She could just imagine how disappointing it must be to lose. Must not lose now, must not lose now, meanwhile, though, while she was waiting for her opponent, she might as well try to select her few Pokemon. Lucario, she had a feeling, would be a definite, the second....maybe Quilava, not Torterra in this case, too many weaknesses which may or may not make up for Torterra's large amount of power. She had a feeling that Skarmory might not be the right choice in this battle, though then again...and Luxray....well, Luxray did only have one weakness, Ground, though Luxray also happened to know moves that could counted Ground Types....The rest...well, she would have to wait and see how many she would be allowed, wouldn't she?

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • (Um... The two Pokemon only applies to one of the battles. Will will call out a different number for Weslyn's battle. Hope for the best ^^)

-Will-
    *Outskirts*

Noticing some of the other matchups come onto the field, Will decided it was best to call out the next numbers.

"For Weslyn VS *the mystery trainer*, three Pokemon! For Rydia VS Hans, TWO Pokemon! For Noir VS Edmund, THREE Pokemon! Got it? OK!" The microphone turned off, and Will looked down at the trainers and sighed. I hope these guys give it their all... he thought to himself.

-Rydia-
    *Arena #9*

"Great... As if *I* want to go against this pervy kid..." Rydia muttered.

"OK, sweetie, ready for my first Pokemon? OK, then, come on out, Bibarel!" The large, annoying Beaver-like Pokemon spat onto the ground. Rydia shuddered. Stupid Raticate wannabe, she thought angrily. She took a PokeBall from her pocket.

"Take the arena, Shiruva!" The large, silvery Metagross pounded the ground, making the Bibarel bounce into the air. You're in for a big surprise, Rydia thought with a small giggle. Hans seemed to sigh.

"C'mon, why the tough Pokemon? You know my Bibarel can't take on such a thing," Hans whined.

"Oh, shush. We're battling to win, remember?" Rydia said in an annoyed tone. I hate this kid, I hate this kid, I HATE THIS KID!!!

-Noir-
    *Arena #8*

"So, shall we begin, my boy?" Edmund asked, tipping his hat. Noir let loose a small smile.

"We shall, we shall. Would you be so kind as to send out your first Pokemon, my good sir?" Noir asked in the same tone. Edmund smiled.

"If you wish. Come on out, Murkrow!" The small crow-like Pokemon flew around Edmund's head, and Noir at once thought it to be suspicious. He's got better Pokemon that that, I just know it. Taking out his own PokeBall, he threw it without a sound. The Steelix came onto the ground, twisting and turning as it looked at the Murkrow with great rage (pun NOT intended).

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • (Ohmygod. THANK YOU SLYTHER!)

Dom
    Arena #2

The Politoed was now in the second fase of it's attack. It was speeding toward the ground at frightening speeds; straight for Poliwrath.

"Now, Poliwrath. Dynamic Punch!" Dom commanded.

As the light blue toad sailed down it recived a vicious punch from Dom's pokemon. The Politoed got to it's feet and tried to shake off the attack; but was hoplessly confused.

"Haha, Dynamic Punch always confuses the enemy!" Dom said with a chuckle.

"Erg..Politoed! Double Slap!" Glys commanded in a sudden rage.

The politoed Doubleslapped alright, but it wasn't the right target. Politoed was slapping itself out of sheer confusion.

After a few minutes a self-slapping the helpless pokemon fainted.

Dom ended this portion of the battle with a hearty laugh that taunted his opponent.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
  • Ooc: So sorry 'bout that, will edit.

Weslyn
    Arena #4

"For Weslyn vs. the Mystery Trainer, 3 Pokemon!" Will called out, though Weslyn barely heard over the cries of the crowd. Three Pokemon, that made selection difficult, she couldn't be wrong on this, if she was, well....that's not exactly the best thing to have happen. Choosing the right Pokemon was absolutely crucial to her success in this battle.

All that remained was for the Mystery Trainer to arrive.

"There he is!" The thought flashed through Weslyn's mind as she spotted a trainer approaching. It was a boy, again, or so she thought. Whoever it was walked with a slightly dragging, shuffling gait, and seemed to be slumped over in an almost dejected way, though whoever it was straightened up upon spotting Weslyn, the opponent.

From a closer distance, Weslyn could see that it was actually a girl. A girl that dressed very much like a boy, with baggier clothing and a baseball cap perched backwards upon her head, and she felt a slight tug at her stomach. The thing was, this trainer looked tough, extremely tough.

Someone like her would likely have...fighting and rock, or maybe ground, type Pokemon. If she was right, then everything would work out fine, thoughs she hardly expected someone to come to the Grand Tourney with a team comprised of only fighting, rock, and ground type Pokemon. She would just have to be careful. Maybe Skarmory would be useful...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back