• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE SECRET OF LIFE IS 62!

SECRET OF TEH LIFE?

• Total voters

LayZee_in_charge

Thinker....hmmm
Years
  • the secret of life is enjoying every minute your have on this planet since it can be takin' away in an instant...i have a freind that died and his last words to his family and freinds where "enjoy your time and don't hold back peace people" i'll never forget those words of truth......to this day i beleive he wuz speakin' the truth.....

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • In my opinion it is to experience as much as possible in the minute amount of time we have in this grandiose world. Some say that the Universe is that. One united grand thing, hence UNIverse. But it seems that everybody lives in their own seperate universe. Their are thousands of different universes, each one in a different consciousness, a different being. I would say my answer is inbetween love and living it to the fullest.

Timbjerr, that is one of the best descriptions I ever heard. That almost made me want to cry, because that is the simplest, and most true. Here is the quote:

Life is like an old-school arcade game. You're gonna die eventually, so just focus on getting the high score while you've still got life left. :P

Once you reach whatever afterlife you believe in, you will find your ancestors, compare your scores, and find out that you have just lost the game...to your senile grandmother. :o

Now as for posters #2, #3, #14, and #17, I don't really like your answers. I don't find anything wrong with being faithful (in fact, I sorta envy you for being able to believe in that), but I don't think you should bring that up in a philosophical thread. Then again, there are no wrong answers, but I simply did not like yours.

Here is my view on religion. First let me clear something up. Just because I do not like highly religous peole does NOT mean I am atheist. I am Agnostic, which means that I simply do not know what religion I am. I have 3 different theories in spoilers in case you don't want to see them or might be offended by these topics:
    Spoiler:

Anyways, even though nobody will pay major attention to this, it's nice to get my religous views out. I think that this is a very interesting thread. You see, the only reason there is religion is to answer these questions. Why are we here? What is our purpose? Who created us and the universe? What is beyond what we see? What will happen to this earth when we are all gone? Why do bad people do bad things? So we answer all of them, and slap them in a book. Perhaps we may know the unknowable on day, but perhaps some of the unknowable truly cannot be known. Although the previously unknown became knowable, perhaps there is somethings that are unknowable that can never EVER be known. And until that day, religion and philosophy will exist. I found this thread to be very good. Thank you all for your time, and thank you, the person who took the time to read my views.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Timbjerr, that is one of the best descriptions I ever heard. That almost made me want to cry, because that is the simplest, and most true.

At least someone read my post. XD I was in a weird half-philosophical mood and a half-funny mood when I came up with it. :P

I am a Roman Catholic, but I have a...different...more liberal-minded perception of God, Satan, Heaven, and Hell than most Christians. For now let's just leave it at that. XD

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • ^ ^ ^

Thank you, and it's true. Your way was the best description. As I said in my previous post, the thing is is that Christianity states that if you don't accept Jesus Christ as the Messiah, then you will live in eternal hellfire. That's why it is unflattering to me. If you don't join their religion then after you die you'll be in eternal hell? I don't think it matters if we're Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, or Atheist, as long as you've lived your life a GOOD PERSON you should go to heaven. The thing is is that Murders can go to heaven. Because as long as they were Christian and they prayed for forgiveness of their sins, they can go to heaven. I haven't killed anybody, and I like to think I'm nice, but I go to hell. I just don't like that, it's one of the things that doesn't make me want to be Christian.

Sorry for ranting! ^_^ Anyways, interesting thread. But yes, the whole old video game thing was awesome Timbjerr.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    The secret of life is to waste it all becoming a fan of things on facebook, of course.

Back