• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Sinnoh Underground

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • What are your thoughts on the Underground - good addition to the game or a waste of time?

I personally rather like it - it was rather addictive for me when I first tried it out. XD The finding-stuff minigame was neat (as well as the things you could find in it) along with the traps as well. The secret bases part could have been a bit better imo comparing to RSE's but they weren't bad either.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I quite liked it. I think it would have been cooler if the ability to bike in the underground had been added, though. Or being able to walk using the stylus. And I didn't much like the bases in comparison to RSE. But overall it was cool and useful.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The Underground was a very good addition because you can get multiple fossils there as opposed to them being Key items. But what's annoying is how often I get spheres.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I love Sinnoh Underground. It extended my play time in Pearl by a significant amount. Like PlatinumDude I love the fossils underground, but it's a bit frustrating for me when I see a fossil that I want and the wall collapses before I get to it. The spheres are annoying, but I've also found shards annoying as well because I seem to get a lot of them when I go underground.

So to wrap it up, what would Sinnoh be without the underground? It's one of my favorite aspects of the game. Yes it's gotten dull at times but overall it's pretty fun.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    That's what I mean. Personally, I find worldwide wifi capabilities to be much more efficient than local wifi, which is why I stated that the Underground would've been best with it. I mean, be honest, that thing is huge enough to at least support a lot of players, right? I mean, all of that empty space could've been utilized at least for some player to player interaction. .__.;
    +1000 to that. I never had anybody to play with in my area, so worldwide wi-fi in sinnoh underground would have really utilized it much better.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • The Underground was a very good addition because you can get multiple fossils there as opposed to them being Key items. But what's annoying is how often I get spheres.
    Same here...then my bag would get full of them and I'll have to empty it out...
    I wish though that they had made the secret bases in the underground more fun like those of Hoenn...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    ^^ I hate how small the underground bases are. I'm not saying they're like miniature but it definitely seemed like secret bases in RSE had more space. My underground base is lined with rocks that really aren't needed and could've been used as extra space for more items to be layed out on.

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
    Years
  • its alright, but i gets boring when your the only one there. But its fun when your versing other people (that flag game) and its also pretty addictive, looking for those things buried in the walls

TehPsychicTypeMaster

"I See Greatness In You..."
    Years
  • The Underground was really fun, especially when you and a group of friends are playing the flag game, and you keep running into traps. That was really fun, and I liked that they brought back the Secret Base idea, from the 3rd gen. If only they kept the idea in 5th gen :/ But overall, it was fun.

Years
  • I'm enjoying the Underground thing... I already got 6 Skull Fossils and I'm working on my Secret Base. Reminds me when I had mine in Ruby. It's cool and I can relief a bit from all those trainers who want to battle. Too bad I can't use my Bicycle.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I enjoyed creating my secret base, but it was off-putting that it wasn't compatible with the global wi-fi and that you couldn't battle other trainers in their secret bases. It's also an excellent source of Heart Scales and Shards that can be in short supply elsewhere.

DarkVhozon

Steel/Dragon Master
    Years
  • I like it, espically after the e4 when you can find the fossils from other regions. I dont know about anyone else, but when I see a sphere, I dont even bother digging the rest out, instead looking for something useful.
    Another thing on fossils, they're rarity is just perfect. They are rare enough so that you actually have to spend a decent amount of time looking, but common enough so that you will probably find one in one sitting, least thats my opinion

Years
  • I love it. Better than using rock smash in hg and ss. On my first dig I found some spheres next I found some goodies like thunder stone and hard stone to power up rock types. I almost found a fossil and a bone, but the tunnel collapse. Not sure what kind of bone it is though. I also ran into some traps too.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I love it. Better than using rock smash in hg and ss. On my first dig I found some spheres next I found some goodies like thunder stone and hard stone to power up rock types. I almost found a fossil and a bone, but the tunnel collapse. Not sure what kind of bone it is though. I also ran into some traps too.

If it literally looked like a bone, i think it would've had to be rare bone. Not particularly useful, except that they sell for a high price.

Back