• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Smaller It Is, The More You And I Can Do

Years
  • I know, weird title! o.O (i will explain it later)

So, there had been talk about wheter or not the GSDS should/should not/has/doesnt have DSi features. Personally, even though i dont own a DSi (yet), I would definatly not mind. I could definatly imgaine them letting you take your picture and then putting it onyou rtrainer card, right? I would be glad to see that, and i wouldnt mind at all. Add something to DSi users, if they added small, negligible stuff like that, and wont take anything away to old DS users =]

Title: The Smaller It Is (meaning like the less a new DSi feature matters, like my trainer card example, the better it would be to pass and forget)

The More You And I Can Do
    1. What Will You And I Do is the DSi slogan.
    2. It doesnt matter if they add small features, as long as we can play the game normally, then you and i can do it and not worry.

So what do you think? Adding small DSi features okay? Maybe what small things would they have, that would not affect the gameplay for non-DSi users? DISCUSS!

=]

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • It could be like Xbox Live's downloadable content. You don't have to, and if you don't it won't mess up your game. But if you do, you get exciting new features.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
  • Yeah, they may just forget the whole "be at a special place to get a item to get a rare Pokemon" thing, and just post it online. (Or do thay already do that, hint: no DS or DSI, still stuck in Gen III)

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • Sure, give the DSI guys a lil extra. As long as I can play the game at all I think I'll be happy.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they choose to add in DSi features then all the better. I know I won't be getting a DSi until December, so I really wouldn't mind. It'll give more to the game and a lot more fun for the players who have the DSi. Of course, you cannot forget those who don't have a DSi as yet though, so maybe not too much should be extended to it either.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Having the events online wouldn't matter because the people with a regular DS can get it from WiFi as well. They also have the option of making the event through Toys 'R Us if so.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I wouldn't mind having DSI features in the game. Although I don't have a DSI yet, it would be pretty cool to still have it for the other people who do have it.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I think it's perfectly fine. It's just like the gameboy printer. They didn't come with all gameboy colors, so it was just a perk if you happened to have one. I didn't kill myself just cause I couldn't print out Pokedex pages, seemed pointless to me. The fact that I can't have my picture on my trainer card doesn't phase me at all, I hardly look at that thing anyway.. XD

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I wouldn't really mind it being in the game for several reasons. There could be fun features for the ones who have the DSi and other things that could be useful. I wouldn't want it to be too, too useful because then the people without the DSi's will be missing out on some of the things that they would need.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The DSi camera, I can see usable, though I too might not find myself using it excessively as there wouldn't be much I might want to use it for.

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
  • I'm thinking... Camera Phone ;D -shot- Idk, it's supposed to be a remake, isn't it? DSI exclusive stuff would sort of detract from that.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I am fine with it cause I know Nintendo/Gamefreak will find a way to milk their money out of it. I mean they would be crazy to go oh gee we got a new handheld so many gimmicks lets pass. And mostly cause I will get a DSi sooner or later as the lite is rapidly becoming rare her how the phat became rapidly rare when the lite came along.

jackowacko876

Pokemon Expert
    Years
  • Correct me if I'm wrong (have no DS) but I think the DSi has a download shop where you can buy new games. This isn't directly about HG/SS but possibly they could make a DSi game centered around some Hoenn legendaries (like they did with XD/Colloseum with Lugia and Ho-oh), that way people wouldn't need Pal Park to get them. Just a way they could promote the DSi.

Years
  • Correct me if I'm wrong (have no DS) but I think the DSi has a download shop where you can buy new games. This isn't directly about HG/SS but possibly they could make a DSi game centered around some Hoenn legendaries (like they did with XD/Colloseum with Lugia and Ho-oh), that way people wouldn't need Pal Park to get them. Just a way they could promote the DSi.

well...maybe not that big, but i can see maybe a Pokemon Fishing Game or a mini Hey You Pikachu on the DSiWare.

@Fantomix: ;D

Back