• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The SOS Brigade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Grovyle

Charity-horse

Okay. What now?
... This is just evil. xD The idea of requesting missions isn't to make them as hard as possible to think of lmao. Okay well we'll take 'charity' to mean someone needs help and we'll take 'horse' to be, well, a horse xD So that means your mission is to help a horse! go find some new members to the forum and help them out with getting to know the forum whilst pretending to be a horse! :D You can do this however you'd like, but I suggest neigh-ing a lot and posting horse pictures of yourself :D Do this to one new member and post your progress here c: And make sure to be exciting!

(Sorry for a sucky-ish mission but you didn't exactly give much to work with! xD)

Name: Olli97
Are you exciting?: PSSH, of course! What's not exciting about me ;D
Do you swear your devotion to the brigade?: In fear of getting some kind of punishment for saying no, I'm gonna say yeah.
Do you have any ideas for exciting new goals?: Nope :D

For the second mission, Pokémon!
YAAAAY hi Olli! Welcome welcome welcome! You'd best be in an exciting mood or you're taking us all out for ice cream! :D Stick around or die c: As for your mission, Pokemon is a lovely and broad topic so its an easy one to think of! Your mission is to choose the first Pokemon you think of and draw it in an exciting pose (preferably saying something witty!) and then post it in this thread, making sure that people know why the picture is so exciting in your description! :D It doesn't have to be good or detailed, even a quick sketch on paint or something will do as long as its not too bad, but if you can make people happy or make someone laugh by posting it then you've done a superb job, don'tcha think? :D Oh, and give us the link to your post in here when you're done of course! :D

By the way guys, if you don't like the mission you've been given then feel free to ask to change it, but the idea is to do things you haven't done before so please at least try them before backing out :D

Okay so I'm requesting a mission now! The word to base it around is rocket please c:

And yes Ruby, Haruhi's energetic nature is what makes me adore her so much and gives me the passion to find excitement in life, so I whole-heartedly agree with you! :D

Last edited:

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
Name: ~Pokemoll~
Are you exciting?: ***** PLZ. OF COURSE.
Do you swear your devotion to the brigade?: Aye-aye, ma'am.
Do you have any ideas for exciting new goals?: Dress up as Santa to confuse everybody?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 30, 2016
I just wanted to take this time to, say Howdy and Welcome to all new members of the SOS Brigade!
Hope ya'll have a good time and don't have to deal with an Ozzy penalty =D

Okay, erm let's see. My word is...
Chinchou

Don't ask me why, it was the first word that popped into my head :D

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Name: Psyanic
Are you exciting?: I'm absolutely THRILLING
Do you swear your devotion to the brigade?: Forever and always. Indivisible and justice for all.
Do you have any ideas for exciting new goals?: I'm drawing a blank here D: How about watch every Edward Norton film? Or lucid dreaming? Learn to say hello in 50 languages? Have a happiness project? I'm just throwing random ideas out.

Oh, and second mission... Hero :D

AlexOzzyCake said:
Okay so I'm requesting a mission now! The word to base it around is rocket please c:
MAKE A BOTTLE ROCKET! This website has some instructions and be sure to launch it! Oh, and be sure to post a video!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Thinking of this at the top of my head: drink.

I should get a crazy one. lol
Oo interesting! Okay, your mission is to post a drunken blog post and link it here :D Obviously you don't need to be drunk, but post drunken ramblings and make it super exciting so people read it and come away thrilled! :D

Mah timezone is be GMT/UTC - 5h I think.

And for my random word:
Kageroza <3
... Ummm wat xD All I know is that that's your husbando, so your mission is to organise a wedding! Weddings are super exciting and cake is great, so what could be better? :D To do this, you need to find two members of your choice and arrange a wedding for them! c: The wedding obviously does not have to actually take place, but we need to see details about what would happen and hopefully the members you choose won't be too freaked out! :D Of course if they are uncomfortable with the idea, stop and move on to new members. We don't want to annoy people! x]

Name: ~Pokemoll~
Are you exciting?: ***** PLZ. OF COURSE.
Do you swear your devotion to the brigade?: Aye-aye, ma'am.
Do you have any ideas for exciting new goals?: Dress up as Santa to confuse everybody?
HEY THERE :D Welcome to the brigade! Dressing up as Santa certainly would be a tonne of fun and if you can do that then we'd love to see it! :D Make sure you get back to us with your mission word and you'll get something super fun to do ;D

I just wanted to take this time to, say Howdy and Welcome to all new members of the SOS Brigade!
Hope ya'll have a good time and don't have to deal with an Ozzy penalty =D

Okay, erm let's see. My word is...
Chinchou

Don't ask me why, it was the first word that popped into my head :D
You're buying me lunch. Chinchou hmm? Okay well that's an easy one; you need to choose a random member and convince them how awesome the Pokemon Chinchou is! Write a story or a poem or something similar and tell it to them so they realize how exciting and wonderful this cute little Pokemon is, then post the conversation here for us all to see! Make sure you really sell the Pokemon's charm and uniqueness :D

Name: Psyanic
Are you exciting?: I'm absolutely THRILLING
Do you swear your devotion to the brigade?: Forever and always. Indivisible and justice for all.
Do you have any ideas for exciting new goals?: I'm drawing a blank here D: How about watch every Edward Norton film? Or lucid dreaming? Learn to say hello in 50 languages? Have a happiness project? I'm just throwing random ideas out.

Oh, and second mission... Hero :D

MAKE A BOTTLE ROCKET! This website has some instructions and be sure to launch it! Oh, and be sure to post a video!
YOU SEEM SUPER EXCITING YAYAYAY <3 Welcome welcome a thousand times welcome! :D I absolutely love your goal ideas so I think we will indeed do the 'hello' idea! We can add them to the end of our posts :D As for your mission, Hero, hmm... Your mission is to write a heroic theme song for Haruhi Suzumiya! Make it as long or short as you want and if you can sing it that's an extra bonus! But for now lyrics will do :D And if it's good we'll get it recorded and add it to the front page! :D And the bottle rocket idea is amazing; I certainly shall do this when I get a chance to go to the shop! x]

@Alex Dammit I knew I should have gone with Grovyle. Oh well I'm helping this dude: 325121

Yaaaay
Ahah your conversation so far is looking wonderful! Keep up the good work and remember to be passionate and exciting ;D

My word Anime
What do I do?
Your mission is to find some great pictures or gifs from the Haruhi Suzumiya anime and make a collage out of them that we can use for future endeavors :D Try to find the most exciting pictures possible and good luck! :D Also try not to make it too big so that we can fit in in the front page c:

I can start!

1. English Hello, Hi, GURL!!!.
  2. German Hallo...
  3. Swedish Hallå, Hej...
  4. French Bonjour...
  5. Spanish Hola...
  6. Chinese 你好,味!,则么搞得,你为什么不做作业呀?
Brilliant! From now on feel free to add to this list in the end of your posts (that applies to everyone!) and we'll get as many as possible! :D

Okay so most of us have missions now but once again if you aren't happy with your mission, feel free to ask for it to be changed! But we do request you try it before saying no as you never know, it could be a lot of fun! :D Also I'll be looking for some people to help give out missions and help out with the brigade and such soon so keep posting and we'll see what happens! c: Now I'm off to go work out how to make this bottle rocket... xD

7. Japanese: Konnichiwa!

droomph

weeb
Years
Yesssssss

I will prove to you that Haruhi has Aspegers

I don't know what to say! ~

So...I'll just add to the list!

9. Hawai'ian Aloha!...
10. Korean An'nyeong-haseyo, An'nyeong-hasmunika

Lucky Star is boring.

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Welcome to all the new brigade members!@!@!@!

TO make things easier on me for figuring out a decent time thatll suit most of us hows about you all just tell me what time it is for you at
both

5am and 5pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (Sydney) and then maybe if enough people help us out by Wednesday we can have the first anime/movie night!@!@!

Ma Word Is:
Frozen
(cause thats how I feel atm.)

EVERYONE CONTINUE TO BE EXCITED AND GET EXCITED FOR OUR FIRST GET TOGETHER FOR ANIME NIGHT!@!@! (We will be watching episodes 1-3 of Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.)

droomph

weeb
Years
TO make things easier on me for figuring out a decent time thatll suit most of us hows about you all just tell me what time it is for you at
both

5am and 5pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (Sydney) and then maybe if enough people help us out by Wednesday we can have the first anime/movie night!@!@!

EVERYONE CONTINUE TO BE EXCITED AND GET EXCITED FOR OUR FIRST GET TOGETHER FOR ANIME NIGHT!@!@! (We will be watching episodes 1-3 of Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.)
How can we "help" with this thing?

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
By help I meant help me figure out everyones time zones by telling me what time in their country it is at 5 am and 5 pm Australia Eastern Standard Time. When doing that I'd also find it really helpful if you could say what Times would be good for you in the same post! You should all be getting SUPER excited for it though!! I know I am PUMPED to watch it with all of you guys!!

droomph

weeb
Years
0500 - 1700 Sydney (base UTC +10)
-----
AlexOzzyCake: 1200 - 0200 UTC +0 (2200 - 1200 +10, 0/+1 date; 1400 - 0200 -24 hrs)
droomph: 0700 - 2300 UTC -7 (0000 - 2000 +10, +1 date; 0700 - 1900 -24 hrs)
Meganium90: UTC -7, time unknown (0700 - 1900 -24 hrs)
gunnerpow7: UTC +8, time unknown (0300 - 1500)
Kurui: UTC -5, time unkown (0900 - 2100 -24 hrs)

From what information we have, the most convenient time for most is from 0500 - 1200 (5 AM - 12 PM); some will be on Tuesday, some will be on Wednesday, so make sure to check!

As of now we have 7 hours of absolute fun! This is most likely going to shrink, but we only need 1 hour to show all 3 episodes! But probably 1.5 to account for the intermissions, and for extra fun and chatter afterwards!

If it turns out that we have much more time to work with, we will probably include more episodes. But that's up to him to decide! So stay tuned!

Likely Tuesday instead of Wednsday for most up to GMT ~0,-1; doesn't matter but helps to know.

Also don't forget to tell us about the 1/2 hour zones! Of course you won't, and 80% of them are decommissioned, but if you did...that would be bad :(\

EDIT: Check with the bottom row of your page! Daylight savings is a *****

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
UTC+8 (5PM UTC+10 is 3PM UTC+8 iirc, likewise with 5AM)

If you're gonna have this 5PM Sydney time then I'll probably be there. :D
Not sure if I can make it on Wednesday though, it's my brother's birthday. EXCITING ISN'T IT? GIVE ME CAKE!!

Also, BACKSTAB cause I feel like doing it rn. Hehehe.

11. Filipino Hello

that's right we say hello here! >:3

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
UTC-4 (5 AM UTC+10 is 7PM or 1900, 5 PM UTC+10 is 700)

So I'll make it if we're doing it 5 AM Sydney time, the exact opposite of Zeffy xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back