• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I think it's just a coincidence. Mostly because all starters are almost always male. But who knows, maybe they'll start something new this generation!

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Well I wouldn't mind having a female Mijumaru ^^. But to me it looks like it would mostly be male, though the chance of getting male or female should be boosted to 50/50 imo. It'd be neat if the opposite sex had some additional ability (not really noticable, but still there) as well.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    They're exactly 88% male and 12% female.
    All starters including the Chikorita line.
    So I highly doubt the fact that this tradition will be ruined...

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
    when i start a pokemon game i used to always pick fire/water, but now i will pick the grass starter, Tsutaja as mine cause Pokabu looks so goofy, and Mijumaru is technically a rearrangment of Piplup

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
    I'm sorry, but I don't see how he's just a rearrangement of Piplup. I am quite fond of the little guy, and I hope his stats are like Blastoise in his final evolution.

SkieTheKitsune

Hi, I'm FoxMan! I physically cannot change my user
    Years
    Out of all 3 of the starters, my favorite has got to be Mijumaru. He looks so adorably derpish that I just get all warm and fuzzy from looking at him.

Of course, I'll be trading to get all 3 starters anyway. :V But if I had to pick, Mijumaru definitely wins it for me.

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
    o_o

I'm pretty sure you can guess which one my favorite is.

But I think it would be cool if Mijumaru's final evolution was Water/Fighting. He would be the first water/fighting if I'm not mistaken. I think it would be cool.

JakeClowd

the Silent Clowd
    Years
    Here's my first choices from previouse games:
    Charmander
    Cintaquil
    Treeko
    Chimchar
    and now Tsutaaja

man, i guess I really hate water. And I only choose Treeko and Tsutaaja because they look like Socs!

SkieTheKitsune

Hi, I'm FoxMan! I physically cannot change my user
    Years
    But I think it would be cool if Mijumaru's final evolution was Water/Fighting. He would be the first water/fighting if I'm not mistaken.

What about Poliwrath? :3

And another Water-Fighting pokemon would be pretty awesome, I will admit. I've also heard thoughts that it's final evo would be something resembling another Snorlax knockoff, but I'm hoping that's not the case.

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
    What about Poliwrath? :3

And another Water-Fighting pokemon would be pretty awesome, I will admit.

Oh yes. Poliwrath...But still he would be like the second. There should be more Water/Fighting!!! At least don't make Mijumaru's evolutions water/ice. They passed up their chance for water/ice when they made Empoleon water/steel.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
    Mijimaru for me, I think he will be the ugly duckling, his first stage is the ugly little otter and his last stage will be epic :D

Also he's so ugly he's cute, and i have always loved water starters best

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back