• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2013
    Couldn't hear Chiramii, but Tsutaaja sounds awesome. :) Mijumaru sounds like how I expected too. And don't even get me started on the battle graphics. I think it's awesome how the Pokemon finally move during battle. I was waiting for that installment.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I might just keep battle animation on in B/W. There's a definite improvement with the sprites moving during the battles that I like. It just makes everything look better, and more realistic, with the sprites moving instead of just standing there. The moves look amazing, especially the one Gear used.

Didn't hear Mijumaru's cry, but the other two I heard... Well, they sound like Pokemon.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Someone made a gif of the Wild Battle scene featuring Mijumaru and Munna:

The Starter Discussion Thread

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    i am picking the grass starter even though i will end up trading for all three. for one because i have never used the grass starter my first play through in a game and because i think he looks the coolest. but i do like the otter thing

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
  • So...

I'm definitely choosing Mijumaru. At first, I didn't like him either I also liked Tsutaja more, but now Mijumaru has just...grown on me!!! XD

Can I also post some fan art I saw? There was an awesome final evolution to Mijumaru I saw that for some reason I just thought was cool.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    I'm definitely choosing Mijumaru. At first, I didn't like him either I also liked Tsutaja more, but now Mijumaru has just...grown on me!!! XD

Can I also post some fan art I saw? There was an awesome final evolution to Mijumaru I saw that for some reason I just thought was cool.

Yea go ahead maybe you'll change my mind on Mijumaru.:cool:

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
  • As always i find myself just Falling in Love with all of them!!!
    i've always liked ALL the starters thats why i try to get them all haha
    but it will be no different from what i always do First Playthrough i will chose Grass
    Tsutaaja is just awesomely Snarky >w< then on my other version i'll start with any
    of the other 2 then trade to First Version and start with the Last one =D

Darkmoonazara

Dousuta Sora? Mou Ariga?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2011
    I always pick the fire type, because that's my element. However, if I decide to play as a boy, I pick the grass type.

and what was with that pic that SargeantMajorKururu posted? -_-'

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • that was a pic of fanart of mijimaru's final evolution. sumaru?Say how do you spell the grass one tsutarja or tsutaaja?

Vulpes bicaudata

Charmander Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    I don't like any of them. Well, I'd like Tsutarja if he was a fire type... But I don't like grass types. As it is I have no good options.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    well since this is the starter discussion, i see it fit to post this here
    we now have a way to obtain the starters-
    in the full trailer, it looks like you get a present- when you look inside the present, you get a choice between the 3 starters
    :) :) :) :) :) :D :) smiley overload
    now this isn't confirmed, but it is solid

akaFilanachi

Turtles....
    Years
  • I'm happy with the starters for this gen, but Mijumaru is the only one that I like. Tsutaaja is weird looking and Pokabu is just a pig. Mijumaru is just plain beastly, nuff said.

PrinceBlackheart

Taking Revenge on Dusknior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2010
    the only reason i choose water is because i think that it will have an awesome evo.I mean just look at torchic.Its already cool but blazikeens the best.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Pokabu is my favorite, I've been wanting a cool pig pokemon for a while, and this is it. Tsutaaja and Mijumaru are basically tied. Tsutaaja has an awesome design, and Mijumaru is an otter. I don't know who I will choose, but I think it will be Pokabu (:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back