• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'll give emphasis since he got confused :P I WANT Tsutarja to LOOK like a dragon, NOT BE a Dragon-type. I know how game-breaking Tsutarja will be if it was a Dragon-type.
    Oh yeah now that I look back you were talking about looks :P
    Well I can't wait for all the news to break out :)

Years
    • Seen yesterday

Why do you hate him?
    Well I doubt it would be Grass/Dragon as they didn't do that to Septile and seem to like some balance among the starters...
    I just really hate his design. It's an opinion, so I really don't have a reason.

Try to think of a reason why you like a certain brand of cereal over another. Can you think of a reason, other than taste? In the same way that not everyone enjoys the same types of "tastes", aesthetically, to me, Tsutaaja looks awful.

Years
    I just really hate his design. It's an opinion, so I really don't have a reason.

Try to think of a reason why you like a certain brand of cereal over another. Can you think of a reason, other than taste? In the same way that not everyone enjoys the same types of "tastes", aesthetically, to me, Tsutaaja looks awful.
    I was just wondering what do you hate about it's design :P
    Well hate is a strong word, I mean Tsutaja and the other starters don't seem worthy of the word hate, the word dislike yeah but I think hate is too far but that's just me :)

CyberSamurai

Devoted Battler
    Years
    i really just hope that the grass starters 3rd form looks awesome. ive chosen the grass starter in all of the games so far except pearl (i chose chimchar) and btw he'll probably just end up being grass/poison type. i seriously doubt that he will be anything else because hes a snake. and as we all know most snakes are poisonous.

Years
    i really just hope that the grass starters 3rd form looks awesome. ive chosen the grass starter in all of the games so far except pearl (i chose chimchar) and btw he'll probably just end up being grass/poison type. i seriously doubt that he will be anything else because hes a snake. and as we all know most snakes are poisonous.
    Well Onix is also based on a snake and it isn't Rock/Poison...I think it's the same as Onix...

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    Tsutaja will probably be a poison/grass type, cos he had a new poison type attack(coil) and cos its a snake obviously :3 As for appearance I read somewhere, dont remember where, but it said that tsutajas last form will be a large green cobra-like poke.

Btw. Tsutaja rules yaay ^o^

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
    I'm hoping to see a Fire/Dragon, Fire/Dark, or Fire/Steel final evolution for Pokabu. (I'm definitely starting with him regardless.)

As for Tsutaaja, it does seem likely that he'll be a Grass/Poison type.
    But we've had a few too many of those. I'd much rather like a Grass/Ground, Grass/Psychic, Grass/Water, Grass/Fighting, or Grass/Ghost final evo.

Mijumaru.......Eh, Water/Ground, Water/Steel, Water/Ice, Water/Fighting, or maybe just a plain ol' Water type.(Least favorite starter)

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Stupid sinnoh didnt have any fire types which is why everyone hated it. Snakes arent suppose to have arms and legs and the otter is fits the name derpderp. They'll never be as good as the original starters. The pig is okay though, but it could be better,

speak for yourself on hating sinnoh i liked it and ya there could have been moree fire types but get over it like not everyone hated sinnoh so dont say we do

I'm hoping to see a Fire/Dragon, Fire/Dark, or Fire/Steel final evolution for Pokabu. (I'm definitely starting with him regardless.)

As for Tsutaaja, it does seem likely that he'll be a Grass/Poison type.
    But we've had a few too many of those. I'd much rather like a Grass/Ground, Grass/Psychic, Grass/Water, Grass/Fighting, or Grass/Ghost final evo.

Mijumaru.......Eh, Water/Ground, Water/Steel, Water/Ice, Water/Fighting, or maybe just a plain ol' Water type.(Least favorite starter)

my predictions :) :

pokabu: fire/ground fire/psychic

tsutaaja: grass/poison grass/dark

mijumaru: water/ice water/fighting

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Final Form Type Predictions:

Grass / Dark
    Fire / Ground
    Water / Fighting

However, if it was up to me, I would've chosen:

Grass
    Fire / Ground
    Water / Psychic

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    Stupid sinnoh didnt have any fire types which is why everyone hated it. Snakes arent suppose to have arms and legs and the otter is fits the name derpderp. They'll never be as good as the original starters. The pig is okay though, but it could be better,

snakes arent supposed to have wings either...(dunsparce)

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Water will enielate Fire/Ground though Dx

I guess my Fire/Psychic dream is dead. So maybe Fire/Steel?

ATTENTION POKéCOMMUNITY!!!

Place your Predictions NOW! The Master Document will come out soon, even if it doesn't have the Final Forms information, the game comes out Next Month.

So, say your personal final predictions for Tsutarja, Pokabu and Mijumaru final evos Typings. Best the way, you don't have to listen to me, I just want us to have final predictios so when they are known, we can compare to see those who got them spot on. And not fake "I was right!" :P

So, yeah ;)

Me?

• Tsutarja - Grass/Dark
    • Pokabu - Fire/Steel (change from Psychic because of Victini, and that other Pokemon, 3 Fire/Psychic in a National Dex is a bit much?) Hmm, actually, Mijumaru will still own it :|
    • Mijumaru - Water/Fighting

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    snakes arent supposed to have wings either...(dunsparce)

Dunsparce is more based off of the tsuchinoko than the snake. Still though, Smugleaf having arms and legs makes it much more interesting as a snake than if it didn't have them.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I can see Mijumaru being a Water/Fight type, except I'm not sure about Tsutaja being a Grass/Flying.
    It would be odd to see Tsutaja be a Grass/Flying type because it's a snake. To see a snake fly would hit the news. :o

As for Pokabu, I can see it being just a fire type. I wouldn't be surprised if they made it a fire/fighting type if its evolutions are fierce pigs. :P

Years
    I can see Mijumaru being a Water/Fight type, except I'm not sure about Tsutaja being a Grass/Flying.
    It would be odd to see Tsutaja be a Grass/Flying type because it's a snake. To see a snake fly would hit the news. :o

As for Pokabu, I can see it being just a fire type. I wouldn't be surprised if they made it a fire/fighting type if its evolutions are fierce pigs. :P
    Well there are legends of flying serpent maybe it can be based on one of those ;)

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    Dunsparce is more based off of the tsuchinoko than the snake. Still though, Smugleaf having arms and legs makes it much more interesting as a snake than if it didn't have them.

it says dunsparce is a "land snake"....but yea im saying pokemon arent really alwyas what theyre said to be. is totodile an actual pair of snapping "big jaws"?

Years
    it says dunsparce is a "land snake"....but yea im saying pokemon arent really alwyas what theyre said to be. is totodile an actual pair of snapping "big jaws"?
    Isn't it actually the "Big Jaw" Pokemon meaning it has big jaws?
    Back on topic: I hope we get the second evolution of Pokabu in the MD at least :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back