• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Mhm, when I first saw Mijumaru straight away I thought it was just a copy of Piplup (but it's even better!)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Mhm, when I first saw Mijumaru straight away I thought it was just a copy of Piplup (but it's even better!)
    Really? When I first saw Mijumaru, I thought it was a fusion of Piplup and Bidoof. I even nicknamed it "Biplup" or "Pipdoof" at one point.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Until now I never saw a connection between Mijumaru and Bidoof. But... you're right, something about their faces is similar. Wow. D: Mijumaru is like much better than Bidoof though (and sadly kinda disliked, too...)

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2012
    first time im actually thinking about picking a water type Mijumaru is cute and awesome and the evolutions are epic Tsutaja is a bit boring and Pokabu and its evos are just gay so looks like Mijumaru for me :P

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I rarely ever chose the water starter... but I probably will this time, considering I think the other 2 look incredibly strange. xD; I miss the simplicity and cuteness of Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur, lol.

Mirimaju

Coordinator Extraordinaire
    Years
    I'm going buy both Black and White and choose Mijumaru and Tsuisjta for each one and when I'm done with one game transfer my team to the other restart with Pokabu so eventually I had all three starters =) But, I'll Mijumaru was my first option it reminds me of Piplup... but when I first saw it I was like wait we already have two seel/sea otter water type families

Spheal's and Dewgong's

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Mijumaru will definitely my choice.

Mijumaru is sweet,
    I can't wait 'til we meet,
    It is not to dispute,
    For it is very cute.

...Made it up myself. :cer_wink:

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    Mijumaru will definitely my choice.

Mijumaru is sweet,
    I can't wait 'til we meet,
    It is not to dispute,
    For it is very cute.

...Made it up myself. :cer_wink:

Mijumaru may be cute and all, but I choosed it on my Japanese White and I came to the conclusion it's final evo f*cking sucks. 1st and 2nd evo's are powerful, though. ('til the 4th gym)

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Mijumaru may be cute and all, but I choosed it on my Japanese White and I came to the conclusion it's final evo f*cking sucks. 1st and 2nd evo's are powerful, though. ('til the 4th gym)

And that's just it. My Mijumaru will not evolve.
    A friend of mine gave me a Squirtle, and same thing, he won't evolve either.
    I want Pokémon for who they are, not for their power.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    I hate how the poll uses Tsutarja's fanmade name which isn't even official. >_>

Mijumaru is by far the best out of these three. The whole idea of an otter and a saumrai being put togetehr just amazes me, in a good way.

Tsutarja may be cute too but it's further evolutions just creep me out.

Pokabu seems very plain in it's color choice. And once again, we are left with a Fire?Fighting final evolution for the fire starter. Not too happy about that.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I hate how the poll uses Tsutarja's fanmade name which isn't even official. >_>

You might wanna take a look at B/W's scavenger hunt :)

Just a note too, the poll options will be updated with the official names after thursday.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I like it that Tsutarja is defensive and speed, as I have only picked Attack and slow starters most of the time and I wanted something different this time :)
    Note: I was going to get Tsutarja no matter what.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So, any of you intending to swap your favourites due to the starter names? For me, this just gives me more of a reason not to pick Tsutaaja, lol.

SgtPatches

i has a beard
    Years
    Snivy = poor obvious word combo.
    Tepig = even worse and even more obvious word combo.
    Oshawott = actually well constructed.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'm sticking with my starter choices even with the name changes (Oshawott/Mijumaru in Black and Snivy/Tsutarja or Tepig/Pokabu in White).

yaya0

は真優勝
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    Snivy is a stupid name, "TehPig" is stupider, and Oshawott just sounds like they were on drugs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back