• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Oshawott is still going to be my choice in the end.
    The names just need to time to get used to.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
    I will be picking Tsutaaja/Snivy! SO STOKED! I always choose the grass-types! :) Plus I like it because it's not the Turtwig/Bulbasaur look! It will be fun to start with a snake!^^

Years
    Oh god. I dislike all of the english names. Snivy is quite unoriginal and I can cope with that easily. I just can't get use to Oshawatt. :/

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    I really like the names Snivy and Oshawott, but I am not a fan of Tepig (that doesn't mean I hate it, I'm just neutral on it).

Years
    I have a feeling most people will nickname their start Pokémon this generation. And another feeling that Smugleaf will be used a lot as a nickname.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Honestly I think most of you are pronouncing Snivy wrong, sn(ake)Ivy(Ivy, the type of leaf) I think it's kinda cool pronouncing it, Snnivvvyyyy~

Other then Snivy, I don't like any of the other names, what the heck is a Oshawott? And Tepig O.o?

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Ditto, some people are saying sniv-ee, which I'm 95% sure is wrong.

If it were pronounced like that then I am sure it would be double v like skivvy. But you are right about most people would pronounce it like that. It is easier on the tongue.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    That's so weird, I'm saying it as the way you guys mentioned and... most pronounce it the other way? XD;; Strange. I mean, I don't pronounce it out loud, but how I say it in my head? That way. :(

The other way of saying "Snivy" sounds awkward imo, lol.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Snivy, Ottawott & Tepig

Not what I expected, but I like them :)

Wonder what the evolutions will be named, probally find out not long from now.

DeeJay

Mr. Excitement
    Years
    I'm still going with a Pokab- er, Tepig...and I think I'm bound by law to name him after something bacon-related.

Tepig, though? Really? Sounds like "tepid" or "Da-Pig"...Poop on those translators!
    They recover some points for Snivy, however...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back