• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tangvor

Pokemon FTW
Years
  • Just by what the first stages it look like I HATE the fire pig's look.
    I like the other two, but I think I like the water type the most.
    At first I didn't really like it either, but it's grown on me.
    Now as far as which one I end up choosing depends on whether or not there is another good fire type in the game as it is hard to come by most of the time where as it is really easy to get a good water type.
    I never use grass types, but like this one's look! (Especially the final in the chain of that guys fan art!)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Pokabu. I choose mostly the fire types because they are my favorite and they sometimes evolve into different types. (Ex: Charizard, Infernape, Blaziken)

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2012
    pokabu =:o

so cute. this is the cutest pig pokemon I've ever seen.

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
  • Shell Blade

I found something out that makes Mijumaru 1000 times cooler: Shell Blade. Apparently it's a new attack that Mijumaru learns. I mean come on, SHELL BLADE??? He uses the SHELL. As a BLADE.

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    ^ I wonder if that means Mijumaru and its evolutions will be more physical attackers. It would be epic if it evolved into a water/fighting type. Mijumaru was already my favorite, but the thought of this makes me like it even more.

.:FreshX:.

Captian Obvious...
    Years
  • Im going with Pokabu (Fire Starters forever!!!!)
    Anyways, A water/ Fightning final-evo would be epic!! I might have to consider mijumaru >.>

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    I'm going with the Mijumaru because I always go with the water type first time through... Although I really like Pokabu's design.

JustinDestruction

Rockin' Trainer
    Years
  • I always take the fire type. Fire is my favorite type of Pokémon. HOWEVER, unless Pokabu's evolutions are awesome, I am going with the grass guy. He's so sly lookin'.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Starter Final Evo Second Types

A lot of the time, the final evolution of the starters get a second type that makes them more uber/suckish (in some cases).

Finals With Second Type:
    Venasaur-Grass/Poison
    Charizard-Fire/Flying
    Blaziken-Fire/Fighting
    Swampert-Water/Ground
    Torterra-Grass/Ground
    Infernape-Fire/Fighting
    EmpoleoN-Water/Steel

Finals With One Type
    Meganium-Grass
    Typloshion-Fire
    Feralgatr-Water
    Sceptile-Grass
    Blastoise-Water

So what do yu think will happen to Tsuutaja, Pokabu, and Mijumaru

I think there is about a 90% percent chance Tsuutaja's final evo will get either Posion or Dragon as its second type.

There's probably a 50% chance that Pokabu's Stage 3 will be Fire/Rock, Fire/Ground or Fire/Steel, otherwise it will probably be only Fire

Mijumaru probably won't gain a type when it evolves, unless its Ice, otherwise, it will probably stay Water.

What do you guys think?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    I'd like to see Smugleaf get Dark as a second type. I don't really care about the others. The fire pig would be decent if it got steel.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Pokabu will be Fire/Steel. He'll also get a signature move called "Barbecue" which works exactly like Explosion or SelfDestruct, but all Pokémon in the trainer's party and the opponents party will be holding bacon when the battle is over.

In all seriousness, I see Pokabu getting something like Fire/Ground or Fire/Rock. Tsutaja might get Bug/Grass or Grass/Poison ("Grass Snake Pokémon", snake venom, etc.). Mijumaru might just stay pure Water-type, the only possible combination I can think of would be Water/Ice.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I also think that Pokabu will get a Fire/Rock, but I'm not really sure about the others.

ThePoketrix

real-life pikachu
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    I see Misumaru as getting a Water/Ice or Water/Ground, like Piplup or Mudkip, respectively

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
  • Smugleaf is someone I wanna see as Grass/Electric because of his coloring (yellow and green) and characteristics (snakes are speedy, right?). If not that, then Grass/Poison, as typical as that is. Grass/Dragon is ridiculous since he is a starter and dragon types are supposed to be rare and all.

Seeing as there's a shell on Misumaru's stomach, he might be Water/Rock. Now that'd be cool if his shell became some sort of armor.

Pokabu is a pig and pigs like mud so I guess Fire/Ground because that would be so cool. But then that would give a 4x weakness to the water starter and 4x advantage over the grass starter...

Furanty

神の右手
    Years
  • I guess Tsutarja's final evolution will be part Dragon- or Flying-Type. I can't imagine another combination. Pokabu could become part Ground. I hope it won't become Fighting. With Blaziken and Infernape, we have to Fire/Fighting-Starters. Too much in my opinion. I don't know what Mijumaru will become.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I'm guessin Tsutarja might be either Grass/flying Grass/Dragon or Grass/Poison
    Pokabu better not be another damn Fire/Fighting type (although I can see him being a cool one) maybe rock or ground?
    I can only see Mijumaru being a Pure water or part ice

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Doesn't really matter, but I suppose other peole that have been posting have pretty good idea! Maybe tsutaja will be partly fighting type, we'll know when we see final evolution!

Pokabu will be Fire/Steel. He'll also get a signature move called "Barbecue" which works exactly like Explosion or SelfDestruct, but all Pokémon in the trainer's party and the opponents party will be holding bacon when the battle is over.

Funniest thing I've read in a long time! Nice one!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back