• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
  • Gonna merge this into the Starter Discussion thread since I think it would fit in there.
    *Merged*

Humph...

Ice-Dragon DESTROYER
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    i actually prefer fire type starters (I have all lv 100 ecxept Typhlosion), so pokabu is the one i will probabbly choose. I think it will evolve into something like a boar with really big fangs. Sorry for my bad english.

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Mijuramu needs more love!

I going to start with Mijuramu. Then maybe Pokabu to get an edge on all you Tsutaaja users :P

JakeG

Pokemon Awakening-Coming Soon!
    Years
  • Im stuck between the fire and grass starter, I like the fire one's look more but I feel like the grass's one's evos are gonna be a lot better, the water one is interesting too when it comes to evo ideas...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Since I don't like the way Tsutaaja's evolved form looks I won't be choosing it. I'll just stick with my traditional Fire Starter.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    Since I don't like the way Tsutaaja's evolved form looks I won't be choosing it. I'll just stick with my traditional Fire Starter.

wait, when did it evolve? lol. i checked but nothing official, you proabably saw this

looks like grass/dragon to me (1st 3 pics)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    wait, when did it evolve? lol. i checked but nothing official
    Haza's probably talking about the picture in this post, which used to be considered a rumour but is now true.

Miju's evolution definitely sealed my decision to chose him. He looks really awesome, both strong and quick. Even if those aren't his stats (he might be slow), I'm still going to chose him.

Pokabu's evolution would be made of win if it actually is that adult male character.

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
  • Hmmm.... I can see me quickly substituting my starter for something else =/ None of them stand out at me right now, maybe once their whole evolution chain has been revealed I'll feel different.

tangvor

Pokemon FTW
    Years
  • I can't believe people are actually thinking the grass type is going to have dragon as it's secondary.
    The developers would definitely not do that UNLESS ALL of them had that as their secondary so that the rock-paper-scissors would still apply as dragon is super effective against dragon.
    I don't believe that concept art is really the final evolution and if it is well then cool I'll probably pick a grass type for once.
    But I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that the secondary type will be dragon.
    Also I don't know if any of you saw this!
    http://pokebeach.com/#preview-of-black-and-white-anime-new-pokemon-revealed
    It shows a girl's sillouhette and the same girl is on the character sheet.
    If you look you also see the starters of Tsutaaja and Mijumaru and their evolutions.
    Now in the character sheet tsutaaja's secondary evo looks similar to the concept art but is not the SAME.
    I think that this is more reliable than the concept art you have been finding.

Last edited:

coolfarhan11

Blissey's Manly!
    Years
  • Tsutaaja looks epic. Mijumaru looks too much like Piplup, and I don't like Piplup. Pokabu isn't in the question, unless it has a super-epic-awesome-praiseworthy final stage. Plus Tsutaja looks like Sceptile which is good. So, I think I know who I'm getting.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • No one ever reads posts in this forum. It's so sad.

Anyway, based on the evolution concept art for Mijumaru and Tsutaaja, I feel like Mijumaru is going to be Water / Fighting (based on the stance and demeanor), while Tsutaaja is going to be Grass / Dark (he seems rather swarthy from the beginning anyway). Based on that, I'd like to see Pokabu be Fire / Psychic.

That way, we'll have a double type triangle

Fire > Grass > Water > Fire
    Psychic < Dark < Fighting < Psychic

and the Pokemon who is supposed to be "weaker" based on its type in the beginning of the game gets access to moves that can beat its rival; Pokabu as Psychic would mean it could beat Mijumaru as Fighting, etc.

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
    Years
  • I can't believe people are actually thinking the grass type is going to have dragon as it's secondary.
    The developers would definitely not do that UNLESS ALL of them had that as their secondary so that the rock-paper-scissors would still apply as dragon is super effective against dragon.
    I don't believe that concept art is really the final evolution and if it is well then cool I'll probably pick a grass type for once.
    But I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that the secondary type will be dragon.
    Also I don't know if any of you saw this!
    http://pokebeach.com/#preview-of-black-and-white-anime-new-pokemon-revealed
    It shows a girl's sillouhette and the same girl is on the character sheet.
    If you look you also see the starters of Tsutaaja and Mijumaru and their evolutions.
    Now in the character sheet tsutaaja's secondary evo looks similar to the concept art but is not the SAME.
    I think that this is more reliable than the concept art you have been finding.
    I would take the evolutions as true. As this is beta art for the anime. Anime people don't create the Pokemon. So those should be the right evolutions.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2013
    It's an otter? I thought it was a bear... I also thought the snake was a dinosaur. The pig is the only thing I got right...
    Yeah it's pretty obvious when you first see them. But I can understand that you think of them as something different than they really are. Nice guess though.

Years
  • Torn between Tsutaja because he looks like a chillaxed stoner and Mijumaru just because he's mad cute. Judging from the leaked concept art for the new anime series, it looks like Mijumaru is gonna' be a water/fighting type which will be freaking AWESOME if he has good stats.

I think I'll wait to see all their evolved forms before making my final decision.

bat003

Pokemon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2019
    I'll pick Tsutaaja just fore the point i never pick the grass type this should give the game some point to me, if its there i have to beat it ^^
    So i mite as well make it work some kind exp on my part and hope it's fun and not some kind of way to make money off the old players.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    No one ever reads posts in this forum. It's so sad.

Anyway, based on the evolution concept art for Mijumaru and Tsutaaja, I feel like Mijumaru is going to be Water / Fighting (based on the stance and demeanor), while Tsutaaja is going to be Grass / Dark (he seems rather swarthy from the beginning anyway). Based on that, I'd like to see Pokabu be Fire / Psychic.

That way, we'll have a double type triangle

Fire > Grass > Water > Fire
    Psychic < Dark < Fighting < Psychic

and the Pokemon who is supposed to be "weaker" based on its type in the beginning of the game gets access to moves that can beat its rival; Pokabu as Psychic would mean it could beat Mijumaru as Fighting, etc.

I agree with this, although I think having Pokabu as part-psychic in its final stage would do nothing to allay the concerns of those who are already complaining that he's too much like Grumpig...

I don't care, Pokabu's my favourite and I'm picking him. Plus I've wanted a Fire/Psychic beast of a Pokemon since I first started playing, pretty much.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2012
    the art for the tsutaja evo reminds me of Godzilla. I could picture a Typhlosion like final form but with grass, looking like Godzilla.

Pignite-->Charhog-->Boarlaze
    Wotter-->???-->???

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back