• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011

Idk it seems too much like Treecko for me, sorry. XD;;

And although Mijumaru and Pokabu reflect patterns of other previous Pokemon, those were the ones I liked so...yeah.

@ above, tmi for a Pokemon forum. >>;

Still think its funny that his name matches up with the first thing I thought of when I looked at the ugly clown...

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I just saw the video of the starters revealed in the anime, and my decision to start with Mijumaru is further sealed. It's so adorable, especially the little fangs.

Pokabu kind of is just "meh" for me. Nothing really grabs me about it. Smugleaf (the only starter who I can't remember how to spell the original name of) is starting to grow on me. I think its evolution helped that, but then again, its supposed attitude is great.

Years
  • i am most likely gonna pick tsutaja, but i think all three cave the potential to look really cool at thier final evolution

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    pokabu, definitely. fire-type pokemon are my absolute favourite, and not to mention it's cute as f**k.
    the grass-type reminds me too much of treecko; and i hate treecko.
    and that otter thing kind of reminds me of piplup. which isn't a bad thing, but i don't really like water-types all too much.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    Should we pull a Johto or a Sinnoh?

For the starters. Johto was final evolution starters all pure grass, water, and fire types...while Sinnoh were alll dual-types. Which do you prefer?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2012
    I'm either going with the water starter or the grass starter. I'm leaning towards the water one since I always pick the water one but I don't like the way it looks so I'm hoping for a monster evolution chain.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2010
    Well, I usually always pick the water type as my starter, but I think I'm going to choose Tsutaaja this time around. I think it looks the coolest in my opinion.

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
  • I'm probably going to go with Pokabu. It's the only design I really like, and the idea of a fire pig just sounds awesome. I really hate the look of Tsutaja, it looks like something I'd want to punch in the face. Like a poodle. xD

However, whatever starter I pick, will just be filler til I can get my hands on Chillarmy and Wooguru(I'm in love with this pokemon just looking at it <3).

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
  • As long as none of the starters are as crappy as Meganium was I'll be fine.

That saddens me my Meganium is pretty strong thank you very much
    and i'd prefer it over Feraligatr anyday so boo on you xP
    it'll be pretty strong if you teach it Earthquake and Outrage like i did

anyyway i would also like to see a Straight Type set
    but Dual Types are greatly appreciated As long as i don't see ANY Fire/Fight Pkmn at all until maybe the 7th Gen XDDD

and i didn't think of Treecko when i first saw Tsutaaja heehee i thought it looked better
    but as Twilight Sky stated.. it might be my love for grass types as well xP

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    really says who? your brain? why do people want everything to be dark type..
    .....no, i read it here, hence why i said the word "apparently". i could care less if it was a dark-type pokemon; i rarely use them, anyways.
    lol calm the f**k down, it's only pokemon lmfao.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • That saddens me my Meganium is pretty strong thank you very much
    and i'd prefer it over Feraligatr anyday so boo on you xP
    it'll be pretty strong if you teach it Earthquake and Outrage like i did

anyyway i would also like to see a Straight Type set
    but Dual Types are greatly appreciated As long as i don't see ANY Fire/Fight Pkmn at all until maybe the 7th Gen XDDD

and i didn't think of Treecko when i first saw Tsutaaja heehee i thought it looked better
    but as Twilight Sky stated.. it might be my love for grass types as well xP
    Physical moves on Meganium lol.

On-Topic :Treecko confused everyone bout typing. IDK if Tsutaaja broke it's record though.

MasterSceptile

Pokémon Master/Glitch Hunter
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 9, 2019
    Ever since Blue, I've chosen the grass-type (except for Johto in which I chose grass first, than restarted before the 1st gym and changed to fire) so this will be no different.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back