• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "talk in spanish thread!"

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
  • Escuela ;_; Soy perjudicado para vida porque mis profesores son incompetentes. Me relevan que consegu? un 33/36 en mi ACT (un prueba nacional muy dificil) y puedo entrar en cualquier colegio para ning?n coste con esa cuenta ^^;

mvtm

Years
  • jaja por lo menos eso es bueno. A mi me faltan 2 anos mas para teminar bachillerato .. que asco me graduo a los 18, bueno en mi pais es asi.x.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I know you said something about going to the commercial center yesterday and buying lots of clothes, Dizzy. Portuguese and Spanish are similar enough for me to be able to roughly translate x_x

Quiero visitar Brasil alg?n d?a. Mi querido fue all? en un viaje de la misi?n.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Hurray for Iberia!

I don't know how to say this in spanish but here we go:

Portuguese first:

Eu fui ao Brasil um mes e tres semanas passada para visitar minha tia no Sao Paulo. tambem fui ao Rio de Janeiro com o meu primo Alexandre e minha prima Diana e fomos a discoteca. Seja-o optimo.

now let me try in Spanish lol.

Yo fui(?) Brasil uno mes(?) y tres semanas passada para visitar mi tia en Sao Paulo. Tambien fui Rio de Janeiro con mi primo Alexandre y mi prima Diana y fomos para la discoteca. Seja-o optimo (had no clue)

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Translated from portuguese:

"I went to Brazil a month and three weeks ago to visit my aunt in S?o Paulo. I also went to Rio de Janeiro with my cousin Alexandre and my cousin Diana and we went to a discotheque/club. (no clue either) "

So, what does seja-o optimo mean?

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Seja-o Optimo means the trip was awesome, instead of writing "o passeio" which means the trip, i shortened it to "o", which I shouldn't have done because I havent mentioned "o passeio". But yeah that is the translation :)

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Ok, that makes sense now...so O means it, basically? I was guessing optimo meant great/awesome because we have the word optimum in english, so I was at least on the right track in my thinking ^^

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • lol what a great language, huh?

Oh yeah, If i know how your pronouncing "O" your probably wrong, its not "Oh" its "OO" like the letter "U" sounds in any Romance Language.

If it's at the end of a word, 100% "O" is pronounced like "oo" but inside of words such as "Goleiro" its usually "Oh" or "awe" kind of confusing, kind of not lol.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Eh, if I need to learn portuguese, I think I can get the hang of it...I've had to learn a lot of special pronunciations for spanish. It was strange at first working with a language that had 30 letters (counting w, but there is no such thing as a word in spanish that uses w...)

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Portuguese doesn't use K, W, Y. We have good substitutes and combinations though.

Qu, C - K
    O, Oe, U - W
    I - Y

So yeah lol. I need to re-learn spanish from my dad one day.

Back