• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2010
    I cant seem to know what should i chose a crawdaunt or a sharpedo
    also do you know a better replacement for bannete

I need help please reply
    Both Sharpedo and Crawdaunt are decently even. Crawdaunt has more Defense though, so it all comes down to which one you favor more.
    And if you're wanting a Ghost type, Dusclops can hold it's own in battle for a while with its giant defenses. That, and its ability to learn different move types such as Ice beam and Earhquake, come in handy.

Giratinarules

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Oct 5, 2012
    ok but duscolps are not in my pokemon game(shappire)
    and i will chose sharpedo

PS.is this an awesome sceptile moveset
    Leaf blade
    Earthquake
    Thunderpunch
    Dragon claw

Last edited:
    Years
    Best Pokemon for Hoenn game Speed runs

I have Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald.

**Also have LeafGreen and FireRed. I can get to Mewtwo by 20 hours gameplay, though my personal best for that was a Squirtle run of 12 hours.**

Was wondering what the best Pokemon are for speeding through these games quickly?

I'm torn for the starter point.
    MUDKIP or TORCHIC? Mudkip's later typing is awesome, but Blaziken has that Fighting-type needed for Badge Five. And Norman is just annoying and slows me down. All the time.

I have narrowed it down slightly to what is good for a few choices.
    Is there anything else I should go for?

~Torkoal or Torchic
    ~Tentacruel, Gyarados or Swampert
    ~Swellow
    ~Linoone for HM trashing and PICKUP
    ~Magnemite (evolved)
    ~Jynx, as traded from Kanto's Cerulean City trade

Are any "version exclusives" or Pokemon more common in one version than the other (Koffing vs. Grimer) worth considering?
    Should I trade some other stuff from FR/LG to Ruby/Sapphire ?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    i play emerald and the best team for me is:
    Blazikan (or your other starter pokemon)
    all the 3 legendary pokemons (R K and G)
    Tyranitor (i dont have it but you should put it)
    Flygon
    they should be on lvl 70+-
    and they will have deadly attacks which can win everything :]

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2010
    This should be asked here.
    But Blissey and Skarmory are good defenses.
    Having something with high attack, and somehthing with high Special attack is good too. And maybe something with an even balance of most stats too.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2010
    I have Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald.

**Also have LeafGreen and FireRed. I can get to Mewtwo by 20 hours gameplay, though my personal best for that was a Squirtle run of 12 hours.**

Was wondering what the best Pokemon are for speeding through these games quickly?

I'm torn for the starter point.
    MUDKIP or TORCHIC? Mudkip's later typing is awesome, but Blaziken has that Fighting-type needed for Badge Five. And Norman is just annoying and slows me down. All the time.

I have narrowed it down slightly to what is good for a few choices.
    Is there anything else I should go for?

~Torkoal or Torchic
    ~Tentacruel, Gyarados or Swampert
    ~Swellow
    ~Linoone for HM trashing and PICKUP
    ~Magnemite (evolved)
    ~Jynx, as traded from Kanto's Cerulean City trade

Are any "version exclusives" or Pokemon more common in one version than the other (Koffing vs. Grimer) worth considering?
    Should I trade some other stuff from FR/LG to Ruby/Sapphire ?
    Either starter can go a long way. If you're wanting a SPEED run, go for Torchic, it'll save you the trouble of finding a Torkoal, which are decently hard to find. (Not overwhelmingly hard though.) Gyarados OR Tentecruel are pretty good choices as well. Though Tentecruel can take advantage of both of it's type better than Gyarados can.
    Jynx is a good Pokemon, but has horrific Defense. I took one out with a single Strength from my Raichu once. :/ So its best to stick with a pokemon that can hold its own for a little while. Glalie would be good for that. Not only that, but its stats are always equal, making it very adatable with its movepool.

Hope it helped a LITTLE bit.

proline2011

MookieDaBest ;
    Years
    Need help for elite four ;\

Hey everyone , i hope im doing this forum thing right , ive never been a part of a forum before lol, so bare with me ppl . but anyways , last time i beat Pokemon leaf green i had no problem , i beat it in like 15 hours i believe . but this time going through im having trouble , and i dont wnna use any legendary birds too do it either , so help plz ?

i got a ----------- lvl 56 blastoise , lvl 55 rhydon , lvl 50 Raichu , lvl 46 hitmonlee , lvl 45 flareon , and a lvl 44 pidgeot .

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
    Hey everyone , i hope im doing this forum thing right , ive never been a part of a forum before lol, so bare with me ppl . but anyways , last time i beat Pokemon leaf green i had no problem , i beat it in like 15 hours i believe . but this time going through im having trouble , and i dont wnna use any legendary birds too do it either , so help plz ?

i got a ----------- lvl 56 blastoise , lvl 55 rhydon , lvl 50 Raichu , lvl 46 hitmonlee , lvl 45 flareon , and a lvl 44 pidgeot .
    Hello there! I have beaten LeafGreen as well but had some difficulties. I suggest training team a little bit more. Can you give me Blastoise's moves and how far have you gotten on the Elite 4?

proline2011

MookieDaBest ;
    Years
    Hello, he has surf . hyrdo cannon , skull bash , and bite . and i prolly culd get farther but i dont wnna buy a bunch of revives and stuff . so yeah

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
    Hello, he has surf . hyrdo cannon , skull bash , and bite . and i prolly culd get farther but i dont wnna buy a bunch of revives and stuff . so yeah
    I suggest leveling Blastoise up to Level 60 or higher. Pidgeot should be your 2nd Leader in-command so level him up to a level before Blastoise. What are Flareon's moves? Flareon should be a good offensive use in the first E4 Lorelei (I forgot her name that's all I remember). But if you want everything to go smooth, and easy, I'd suggest buying Revives, about 20 Hyper Potions, about 7 Max Potions, 7 Paralyz Heals, 4 Burn Heals, 3 Ice Heals, and 7 Awakenings. Equip the Proper Berries/Items for your Pokemon (Blastoise=Chesto Berry Pidgeot=Cheri Berry) and everything should turn out great. Hope I helped!

Last edited:

shadow_clone147

Day In, Day Out
    Years

Its a solid team,

Raichu and Flareon should sweep up Lorelei
    Hitmonlee and Pidgeot for Bruno
    Rhydon and Blastoise should take care of agatha no problem
    Blastoise should sweep lance no problem, just use Raichu for Gyarados
    Your rival's pokes should be a hassel either
    Raichu>Pidgeot
    Raichu>Gyarados
    Blastoise>Alakazam
    Pidgeot/Flareon>Venasaur
    Hitmonlee>Rhydon
    Blastoise>Arcanine

Just make sure your pokemon have good movesets and are at least Lv55 or higher

proline2011

MookieDaBest ;
    Years
    My LeafGreen team[:

Hello everyonee , i jus finished beating the elite four and the sevii islands , and this is my completing team , rate and comments plz :D

Blastoise lvl 58

Rhydon lvl 54

Raichu lvl 54

Flareon lvl 56

Hitmonlee lvl 49

Pidgeot lvl 48

Comments guyss ! :DDD

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2009
    Low level Pokemon but they are ok. I recomend swapping Pidgeot for Crobat, which is Flying Poison, that could help.

proline2011

MookieDaBest ;
    Years
    ; Gucci

Low level Pokemon but they are ok. I recomend swapping Pidgeot for Crobat, which is Flying Poison, that could help.

i beat the game though dude so idc right now , lol but ill go back to it once i beat my silver again , which i started todayy

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    I'm surprised you managed to finish the game with level 40s. You do have good taste in POKeMON, however.
    I probably wouldn't be able to finish the game with anything outside the 50's or 60's.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back