• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Charizard : Timid or Modest ( if you wanna use Bellyzard , Adamant or Jolly is a must then )
    Blaziken : Blaziken is offensive on both sides , you can alter it being a Physical sweeper by choosing Adamant / Jolly , or Special Sweeper by choosing Modest / Timid , or Mixed Sweeper by choosing Lonely / Rash / Naughty / Mild / Hasty / Naive .
    Infernape : the forum is for GBA issues so I think I cant answer for this :s

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2010
    good non legendary team for emerald?

i was thinking swampert,breloom,torkoal,flygon and gyarados.

but what about the last one? an eletric type? or should i switch torkoal for camerupt?

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    After a few mins looking at that team I saw a good combanations

Breloom,Flygon,Gyarados,Electrode,Blazekein,Armaldo

Camerupt,Gyarados,Sceptail,Armaldo,Electrode,Absol

Swampert,Breloom,Ninetales,Electrode,Armaldo,Altaria

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Merged yet another emerald thread here, remember to use this thread next go 'round, Mr. No~

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ok, i'm on Leaf Green, and i'm stuck at doing the 4th Gym. I haven't a clue what HM it unlocks, don't really care as long as i can use them all first, but i wanted to build this team:

Pikachu/Raichu
    Bulbasaur (that's right, no evolvey)
    Vaporeon
    Dragonite
    Snorlax
    HM Slave

Now i can't get to Fuchsia for Dratini,(well, i probably can if i go in rocket hidout and then do pokemon tower shizz) and i hate game corner and itemfinder, so what fire types can i get???

Because my current team is:
    Vaporeon lv.25 (default moves, needs exp. share for raising)
    Pikachu lv.35 (T-Bolt, Quick Attack, T-Wave, agility i think)
    Bulbasaur lv.41 (roughly) (Razor Leaf, PoisonPowder, Sleep Powder, ?????)

And, ffs, i decided to go battling in pokemon tower to raise up Vaporeon, came across rival, and he pwnd everything cept Bulbasaur, which was left poisoned with 1hp.
    I t-bolted my way through Celadon gym trainers, but gym leader has beaten me 4 times.

Years
    Alright I'm playing Emerald.

So far my party is

Combusken
    Pidgeotto
    Nuzleaf

What else should I get?

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2010
    Alright I'm playing Emerald.

So far my party is

Combusken
    Pidgeotto
    Nuzleaf

What else should I get?
    id get a water type, maybe gyarados or wailord?
    phsychic type, gardevoir maybe?
    and im not really sure for the last one, you have a flying,fire,fighting,grass and dark types so far and if you go with my suggestions then you'll have a water and phsychic type, so maybe a dragon type, like altaria or flygon or get a bagon and lvl him up into a salamence

Years
    so what fire types can i get???

Growlithe is available on routes 7 & 8 and is probably the best non starter fire pokemon in the first 150. Actually not sure if its available in Leaf Green as I only have Fire Red but it should be.

Other than that you could pick up a flying pokemon short term pick up FLY from that house near the cycling road and it should be able to take out at least one of Erica's Pokemon.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Nope, Growlithe is only in FR. Vulpix is LG exclusive, as well as Magmar. Both are great fire types, though. Then there's always Ponyta and Moltres. Not a bad selection, I must say.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    If you wanna go with starters, I suggest Charmander and Torchic, but if you plan on going with a more difficult challenge, here are some other options:

Note; I'm only listing Pokemon obtainable before the first gym.

LG; Butterfree, Beedrill, Pidgeot, Raticate, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Raichu, Fearow, Primeape
    Emerald; Beautifly, Dustox, Gardevoir, Swellow, Pelipper, Linoone, Mightyena, Exploud, Delcatty, Ludicolo, Nijask, Shedinja, Hariyama, Slaking, Breloom

Might've left some out, but nyeh. Decent selection, I'd say, especially for Emerald.

c3rad

Grass-Type user
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2012
    Help with my leaf green team

I just restarted my Leaf Green version this afternoon and I need help for a good team.

So far I have:

1. Charmeleon lv. 19

2. Pikachu lv. 15

3. Mankey lv. 15

I want to train a drowzee as well, but I can't think of what I should do with the two other spots.

I want a strong water type and as far as the other goes I'm pretty lenient

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I would consider Starmie, but you already have a psychic type. There's always Seadra, Seaking, Vaporeon, Tentacruel, and Gyarados, just to name a few.

For the last slot, I suggest something normal, grass, or rock. Golem, Persian, Lickitung, Exeggutor, Weepinbell, and Onix are all pretty good. If you don't like them, I could always think of some others for you.

c3rad

Grass-Type user
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2012
    I would consider Starmie, but you already have a psychic type. There's always Seadra, Seaking, Vaporeon, Tentacruel, and Gyarados, just to name a few.

For the last slot, I suggest something normal, grass, or rock. Golem, Persian, Lickitung, Exeggutor, Weepinbell, and Onix are all pretty good. If you don't like them, I could always think of some others for you.

I'll have to look into some of those water types. I haven't used a tentacruel in a while.

And I've started training a bellsprout too

Years
    Alright I'm currently playing Ruby.

My team at the moment is:

lvl 33 Breloom
    lvl 29 Marshstomp
    lvl 26 Skarmory
    lvl 24 Numel

and planning on using an Electrike for an electric type. I'm not sure what to use for the last spot, or if my current 4 are even good. I haven't played pokemon in at least 6 years and I don't remember very much about what is needed to get to and beat the Elite 4.

A few pokemon that I have in the storage are:
    Wynaut
    Marill
    Tropius
    Wingull
    Slakoth
    Skitty
    Beautifly
    Tailow
    Spinda
    Sandshrew
    Shedinja
    Torkoal
    Ninjask
    Hariyama
    Trapinch
    Zangoose
    Aron

Any suggestions or tips what to catch/use/evolve is very appreciated.

c3rad

Grass-Type user
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2012
    Looks like I'm starting my leafgreen over again.

This time I only have half a team planned out

1. Venusaur

2. Persian/ Tauros

3. Poliwrath/ Starmie

4.------

5.------

6.------

As for the other half I don't really know what I should get. I do want a fire-type, but the other two spots are open for suggestion

Last edited:

scyfer

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    i think this is the right place to post this so, whats better for my crobat? wing attack or aerial ace? same strength, aerial ace is more useful, but wing attack has a lot of pp, which can also come in handy, seeing as she only has two attack moves, the other only has 15 pp
    im not using for competitive battling, just for my journey

Looks like I'm starting my leafgreen over again.

This time I only have half a team planned out

1. Venusaur

2. Persian/ Tauros

3. Poliwrath/ Starmie

4.------

5.------

6.------

As for the other half I don't really know what I should get. I do want a fire-type, but the other two spots are open for suggestion

for fire you should definitely go for ninetails
    you should also think about getting an electric, it will be really useful later, as for me i always go with pikachu but its up to you
    also a psychic type will come pretty handy, alakazam or hypno, whichever suits your style

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Aerial Ace never misses, so I'd pick that over Wing Attack. Just PP UP it if you're really concerned over PP.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I need some help with a team I'm considering putting together;

The Team Help Thread

The Team Help Thread

The Team Help Thread

The Team Help Thread

I need help with the two last spots, I was thinking of placing Jhoto pokemon but I might need to replace two for the Elite Four.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back