• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The things that makes you flip a table

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
  • I don't know why, but i was doing a lot of challanges at the same time, which made me extremly frustrated in real life. In challanges,what are the incidents that make you wanna flip the table,throw your PC\Handheld outta the window and stuff like that?

For me, it's doing a Nuzlocke and the first encounter gets out of the pokeball every single time. I mean you can use 5,10,15 pokeballs and he'll still won't get caught! So you kill hoim in an act of pure rage, go to battle,and LOSE. This has happened to me a few times.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    voltorb flip makes me flip tables. It's so flippin' frustrating when you do the math and weed out all the dead spaces and potential bomb areas, get almost all the 2's and 3's, and then you hit a Arceus-damned voltorb! D:<

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2016
    Having to worry about losing your Pokemon due to the 'if it faints it's dead' rule.

I tried something similar to the Nuzlocke challenge once which involved that kind of rule; I was playing with a randomized team and only caught two of them so far. And what ended up being my first gym? One which had types that completely obliterated my team. I couldn't even get past the first gym before I lost the challenge. Dx

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Roar, Whirlwind, Attract, confusion, poison, paralysis, and sleep make me feel like flipping tables.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • Catching Legendaries. In the new games, it's okay because their catch rate is higher, but the old legendaries like Mewtwo and Raikou are incredibly frustrating. It's even worse in Gen 1. Every time I see 'You missed the Pokemon!', I want to scream.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The Battle Maison/Battle Subway. Whenever you think you're finally gonna get that 50 or 100 or whatever win streak you've been working on, the game thinks its funny to throw a team at you that totally counters yours, or even worse, wins because of hax.

Kokocat

Burning Young Heart
    Years
  • Choice Scarf Lapras with Sheer Cold in the Battle Frontier that hits every damn time.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I was trying the E4 in my pichu solo, beat the first two (one was ground BTW), only to find out the infernape was faster and would OHKO me with flare blitz at full HP. I only had one turn, and I needed x defend + hyper potion to survive so... I'm back to grinding!

EDIT: tentacruel nearly fainted, damaging moved ran out of PP x.x and it KO'd me before it took confusion damage, on top of that X.X

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Recently it's been critical hits. On my third Nuzlocke in the past week, and crits are killing me. Literally. Mechanics are also pissing me off, that crits are unaffected by stat changes.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    Playing Black/Black 2, seeing shaking grass, and accidentally encountering another Pokemon before I can get to the shaking grass. >_>
    C'mon, I wanted to battle that Audino. . .

Crzyphl

The Crazy Phil
    Years
  • When you find a shiny makuhita and it uses whirlwind on you.
    Still mad about it.

Years
  • Any opponents that spam status conditions, they just love to troll the heck out of me. Oh, and Double Team/Minimize spammers, I just want to ban those moves from existence!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Any opponents that spam status conditions, they just love to troll the heck out of me. Oh, and Double Team/Minimize spammers, I just want to ban those moves from existence!

Funny thing is that all evasion boosting moves and abilities are banned on Showdown.

I've never been fond of status spammers either *cough*PranksterSableye*cough*, espeically since my teams never have a cleric on them.

Years
  • you know makes me flip tables, Chain fishing.
    Everyone goes on about how easy it is to chain fish shinies, But no! I can't even get past two successful encounters before something breaks the chain.
    (>`-`)> argh!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • In XY, I go to heal my Pokemon in the middle of a battle and if I accidentally click on one that's fainted, it actually lets me use it, only to waste my turn and tell me that it had no effect on my Pokemon. This has cost me a battle or two before, plus you lose that item. Why did they even change that? Who was sadistic enough to change it so that that happens? In previous gens, it would just say that it wouldn't effect the Pokemon, but it didn't take your turn for it.

Ponyta

Diamond Hooves
    Years
  • In XY, I go to heal my Pokemon in the middle of a battle and if I accidentally click on one that's fainted, it actually lets me use it, only to waste my turn and tell me that it had no effect on my Pokemon. This has cost me a battle or two before, plus you lose that item. Why did they even change that? Who was sadistic enough to change it so that that happens? In previous gens, it would just say that it wouldn't effect the Pokemon, but it didn't take your turn for it.

^^This sooooo much. I absolutely hate this feature, such a pain and at times a drastic accidental mistake that can make you lose.

Years

That was also the case in Generation V. If you needed to give a free turn for whatever reason, I guess. Doesn't really make much sense, but whatever.

Speaking of Generation V, i'm gonna come out and say it: People who think BW(2) are so hand-holding happy. I never thought it was that bad, although always running into Cheren and Bianca for battles was quite annoying. And they think in B2/W2 it's even worse. NO IT F***ING ISN'T. On the contrary, I think the opening in BW2 is the most bearable of any main series game except maybe the Hoenn games and it moves very fluidly. If nothing else, it's better than the opening in the Sinnoh games at least. The musical bit in BW I thought can be funny on occasion. And please, actually try to enjoy Pokéstar Studios for a change, because I actually like it. The only talking part that bothers me is in Lacunosa Town, mainly because when my team is all worn out by then I just want to at least get to the darn Pokémon Center and heal up before Bianca and Juniper tell me their story. Other than that, I think it's pretty bearable.

I will get so much hate for that. No s***s given.

Back