• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the thread that makes France look good

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    https://www.smogon.com/cap/pokemon/strategies/colossoil

Meguroko (メグロコ) is the Desert Crocodile Pokemon, a Ground / Dark type. Its abilities are Intimidate and "Earthquake Spiral," the latter of which raises its Attack stat when it Knocks Out a Pokemon. It is 0.7m tall and weighs 15.2kg.
    Didn't someone said Collosoil is unbalanced? I never played CAP.

Also the pidgeon kinda looks like a Honchkrow fake..

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Croc probably wont be broken. It will probably have like, base 80 attack or something and bad stat up moves if any at all so it cant sweep outright... or at least it SHOULD.

edit: luke i think you meant they were FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS. they are cute, except for that egg thing. it looks like a zit. but with legs. its ew.the fire thing is ugly also.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    It might also just get the boost if it actually kills something with an attack, and not if stuff switches into spikes/sr and just dies, so that might also help with it being not-broken. If not, semistall + croc seems like a decent combo to me :>

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    I really like the cogs/gears. ;D I mean, you can look at the "eyes" any way you want, and it makes 3 unique faces. Pretty interesting. The pink blob thing is floating in the battle screenshots. Wonder what it is...The chinchilla is pretty cute. ^o^ I think the bird looks better than all other birds in previous generations (besides Taillow).

The fire thing is...ermmm...xD Amazingly strange if you ask me. Looks kinda like a baby Heatran. I mean, it has hints of gorilla in it, which I like. ;D The horse...deer thing is odd. Not really sure what to make of it yet. And then the croc is pretty cute. Reminds me of hippopotas, but this thing is cuter. It's ability makes it seem like it might end up being broken for us competitive people though. :(

I like them all though. ;D Not digimon-ish, and all interesting. Now gimme my steel/ghost type! And poor Reshiram is cursed with fire typing. :/ I was getting White anyway. lol

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Rumors are that one of the legendaries will create gravity and the other one will make stuff levitate. That would be cool I guess. idk, I'm getting kinda tired of seeing the same stuff but with worse designs in every game. Also, I hope they undo Physical/Special split. Just sayin..

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    NO. Heavy Offense won't work like that. Also Forretress will be pwnt with payback. Anything with pursuit (how much special pursuit does to lati?) is screwed etc. Don't undo it.

Also that rumor kinda makes it worse. Still the same from R/S. "Some evil maniacs with a stupid leader want to wake a legendary pokemon, they all go "lol" and when they make it come it pisses on the evil group and says he wants to be caught with a plastic ball by a 15 years old guy/girl". Badges aren't really contributing anything to the storyline.

Well who cares about the storyline anyway.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    There's a rumor of "triple battles".

.__________.

.Aero

Years
    I hope they DON'T undo the special/physical split. :/ I mean, sure it was good back then, but the game has evolved to the point where complexity is key. Putting it back to the old days where types decided the attack style could ruin certain pokemon. Now we don't want that now, do we? Maybe you do, because you're just taking any chance you can to crap on Black/White.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I hope they DON'T undo the special/physical split. :/ I mean, sure it was good back then, but the game has evolved to the point where complexity is key. Putting it back to the old days where types decided the attack style could ruin certain pokemon. Now we don't want that now, do we? Maybe you do, because you're just taking any chance you can to crap on Black/White.

I don't know why I'm even bothering to post in this thread, but this seems like a load of crap lol. I don't know how the physical'special split made anything more complex. If something makes contact, it's physical. If not, it's special. What's so complex about that? And yeah, the physical/special split also ruined Pokemon...the truth of the matter is that change will benefit some things and hurt others. Just like how Donphan, Claydol, Raikou, Snorlax, Milotic, Suicune, Weezing, Umbreon, Celebi, and Regice got creamed coming over from RSE and Gyarados, Salamence, etc. got big improvements. You can cite "complexity" as an excuse not to go back but honestly, what's the big deal? Personally, my opposition of a return to the pre-split days is just because Ice Punch being special and Shadow Ball being physical...yeah, how does that make ANY kind of sense? lol

But Straightmer and others are right, the designs, though they certainly outdo Happiny, are nothing to write home about. Basically Pokemon design has degenerated to "well let's give the weak Pokemon beady eyes and make them small and fluffy" which means that the only hope for any good designs is with the fully evolved Pokemon, and in DP and RS those were a bit of a mixed bag. I expect the same from fifth gen since hey, it's pretty hard to not come up with at least some cool new Pokemon.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Except it has the dumbest name and its design rivals Voltorb in uncreativeness. The parasite thing with flowers on it is an equally poor design. However, the new Crocodile is growing on me, and its ability I think will be fun. Especially in Little Cup, assuming it evolves. It will probably be banned from Little Cup actually. :(

Also, posting to say that seeing beachy's name in any color other than BOLD Orange letters is saddening. :(

.Aero

Years
    https://pokebeach.com/2010/06/possible-black-and-white-spoilers-unconfirmed

I really hope this is true (at least the story portion). I love good vs. evil choices, even if they are always just "Oh, this one is obviously good, and this one is obviously evil." Definitely adding to the story bit of the game, which has honestly always been kind of lacking after Kanto.

Green Cobra as the complementary legendary to Zekrom/Reshiram? :( I hope it's not similar to Rayquaza.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back