• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Trainer Path-Scarlet's Journey

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
    Kay, next part up!:)
    ---
    "Sooo?. Scarlet and Kerri? Who are you guys going to travel with, on your journey? Me, I?m 'swimming alone' for now."
    David replied as I had finished introducing us.

A streak of panic surged through me as he said that.
    I hate being alone.
    Absolutely.
    Let alone, traveling by myself.
    It creeps me out, major.
    It?s like, some creepy little spinach colored aliens with purple antennae will leap out from their flying saucer thing, and abduct you any minute, while you?re just laying on your bed, staring at the ceiling.
    Yeah right.
    But still, I don?t like it very much.
    This is odd for me to say, since Mom always tagged onto me, every single minute of my eleven year old life.

"Uh...well?"
    I glanced at Kerri, hoping that she would be willing to travel with me.
    Duh, she?s my best friend, but still, you never know.

She paused, a look of thought passed across her face, then she nodded her head yes.
    I pushed a stray strand of hair back and looked at David once more, Kerri the same.
    Bolt interestedly jumped down from Kerri?s head with a thump onto a nearby counter, and looked down at the Magikarp that were swimming in the tank nearby.

"I?m going with her."
    We both quickly replied at the same time.
    David, on his part, stretched his mouth into a 'U' again.
    "Cool. Are you guys sisters or somethin'?"
    Kerri tapped her foot on the floor (it?s a bad habit of hers, so people usually think she?s annoyed, or impatient. But she can be really impatient...) , then the red head answered:
    "We are B Fs -best friends- but Scar here, is the sister I never had."
    She looked at me, and at David.

A miserable look crossed his own face for a second, making those merry, twinking with excitement, blue eyes seem sad, like eyes of a hurt Pok?mon.
    Kerri and I both shot puzzled looks at him.
    Trying to cheer him up, I scooted next to him, and questioned;
    "What?s the matter?"
    "Nothing. It?s??it?s something personal, I don?t want talk about it."
    "Oh?"
    Then, his face brightened up again.
    "Say?"
    He stuttered, apparently getting both nervous and shy.
    "I-is it okay if I , you know, err, g-"
    Kerri grinned, and bounced up and down, her own green eyes practically jumping, too.
    "YES, YES, you can! Sure, you can come with us!!!!"
    At the sight of his new mistress leaping up and down, Bolt gave a little Pok?mon sigh of relief.
    Guess he was glad he wasn?t perched upon her head now.
    I gave out a little giggle.
    "Cool. Thanks a lot you guys."
    David said with the calm returned to his voice.
    "Lucky, that I got my backpack right here in the lab. Lemme go ask Mom to get it out of the closet for me.I do NOT know were it is."
    He chuckled back.
    Then, the guy yelled to an open closet nearby:
    "Moooom! Can you get my backpack for me??!?!"
    A muffled voice was heard from inside the tiny room.
    "Yes dear! Let me find it first!"
    David sighed.
    "My mom-or Professor Blossom to you- always keeps important stuff in her lab. The problem is, even though she?s a well known Pok? professor, she just doesn?t always remember stuff, and isn?t too organized?....LOOK OUT!"
    A purple backpack came hurtling through the air towards us.
    Kerri and I ducked, David as well, but he was too late. It hit him squarely on the head.
    "OUCH! Moooom!"
    The boy cried out, as he rubbed his head, and picked the purple object up.
    A sheepish looking P.B. was looking at us apologetically, dusting herself off.
    "Sorry about that kids. Anyways, you see, I was looking in the closet for six certain things..."

emeraldslay

Obsessed with Mew/writing
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    Its a really cool story, but I think it would help if the action was speeded up. I want the first Poke fight real soon!!!

emeraldslay

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    Oh yeah, could you please read my story? I have read yours and took the time to comment on it.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
    As promised!:D
    ---
    "Here." Mrs. Blossom gently dropped six mechanical devices onto a nearby whicker chair.
    David?s eyes bulged as he saw them.
    "Pok?navs! And Pok?dexes! Cool-ieo, mom!" he exclaimed, pumping a fist up into the air, excitedly.
    Kerri and I exchanged confused glances.
    Pok?navs... Pok?dexes? HUH?
    "Yes, yes, David?now, girls, I noticed that you look a bit confused?.well?.let me explain?." She said, tenderly placing a hand on Kerri?s shoulders.
    She looked at us carefully, blinked, and cleared her throat as she stepped away, so that all of us could see her.
    "These, as David said are Pok?navs, and Pok?dexes." The professor stooped down, and picked one up.

The item had a little blue light at one end that was currently dim, was mainly a deep red, and looked like one of those schedule thingies Mom always used.
    And it looked kind of like a book, with the cover thing.
    Only books don?t have really hard, mechanical covers.
    "This here, is a Pok?dex." The lab-coated woman said calmly, and held it up.
    She flipped open the small cover and held up the Pok?dex, revealing a small screen, a couple of flat buttons and some little sound hole things.

"I will turn it on now."
    Kerri gawked, so did I.
    "But, Professor Blossom, um, can you, um, you know, explain how it works?"
    "No need for that."
    The lab worker pressed a small button on the side of the small, flat machine.
    The blue button on the end beeped, and sparked to life.

?We-? A small voice was just barely heard, and, seeing that it was too quiet, the Pok? proffesor smiled sheepishly, tossed her hair back, and pressed a small grey button. The tiny sound instantly became louder, this time a woman?s voice was heard. ?-elcome. Young trainer, I see you wish to learn how to operate this machine, or, how it works. I will give you a small tutorial.?.

Kerri and I both widened our eyes, giggled, and came closer, with both our Pok?mon watching interestedly.
    In turn, David rolled his eyes and sighed, grinning a bit though. His Mudkip yawned and sat down next to his feet.
    ?You need not to know much. This machine voice activates when, or, you are on your travels. It activates when you point it at a certain Pok?mon, and instantly records it, and gives you data about it as well. It should never, ever be put into-?
    My best friend and I stifled laughs.
    "-chemicals."

The machine rambled on for what seemed like an hour (the Prof assured us it was only 10 minutes) giving the? necessary (yeah, right) info about how to use it.

"And so, in conclusion, thank, you, and have a nice day."

The voice stopped, and the button blinked again.
    David, Ker, and I all sighed in relief as it stopped.
    P.B. now looked up at the ceiling.
    "Kids these days?" she muttered. Then her stare flew back, and locked onto us.
    "Now, these are Pok?navs." The irritated Professor said, placing the Pok?dex back onto the wooden chair and picking up the other object.
    This one, wasn?t as flat though.
    "The explanation for what these are is simple. Turn them on-" she punched a button, and, another screen appeared.
    "?.And here is a menu. These will help you find your way to various towns and places, much better than maps.Just click on 'Map', and scan the area. I?m afraid though, that, you'll have to see what the other options do."
    I leaned closer in interest.
    Some more options were 'Trainer Eyes,' ?'Contests' and some other stuff?.
    Before I could see anymore, P.B. pushed the button once more, and the screen faded.
    She put that down as well, and walked over to a desk, opened a drawer, and pulled out a brown, tattered bag.

Breathing heavily from all the talk and work, Mrs. Blossom made her way over to us.
    She opened the bag. "Take one Pok?nav, one Pok?dex, and five Pok?balls?yes, now, the last question is: Were will you put your Pok?balls? You have two options.1-carry them around in your backpacks, or 2, on your belts.-"
    "Backpacks!" we said in unison.
    "Aah?.very well."
    We all unzipped our backpacks, hurled the trainer stuff in, and zipped them again.
    "Now, call back your Pok?mon, dears."
    At that, I placed my Eevee onto the ground, Kerri doing the same.

"C?mon back, Bolt!"
    A streak of light and a squeak.
    "Come, Slash."
    Oh, so that was his Mudkip's name...
    Another flash of light.

I rubbed my eyes.
    The light was kinda INTENSE.
    No joke.

Now, everyone looked at me, all: Why aren?t you doing it?.
    Feeling squeamish I muttered "Um, okay?"
    I knelt down onto the tiled floor and said softly: "Come on back, Serene."
    A flash of light came, and enveloped the Pok?mon.
    Then, it faded a couple seconds later.
    WHAT?
    Looking stubborn, Serene hadn?t moved or disappeared! Wondering why she hadn?t gone back into her Pok?ball, I looked at her.
    "Vee, vee!"
    I sat down, and called her name. Serene came bounding over happily, then pounced onto me, toppling me over, and started gently licking my forehead like a Growlithe a person in my neighborhood had.
    As she licked me face, I sighed, looked up at the cleary astonished faces, and said "I guess that? I?m gonna keep my Eevee out, if it?s?.um, okay, Proffesor that is."
    P.B. sighed, then nodded her approval.
    "I guess so, some trainers do that if their Pok?mon are stubborn. Now?"
    Walking briskly toward us, Professor B. gestured for us to follow her, Kerri and David up ahead with the prof, me, at the end, tailing them with Serene right at my heels.

She led us out of the front door, into the warm sunshine.
    As we stood there, the Prof beamed at us, and began to finish her sentence.
    "It is time for you?to go on your Pok?mon journey." stated the strict, but kind woman.Prof turned to David ."As your mother, I will miss you, David. Did you pack EVERYTHING? "with that, she kissed him on the cheek. A look of sheer look of embarrassment came over David?s face. To not make him more embarrassed by watching the big scolding/goodbyes scene, I bent down again, took off my back pack, unzipped a bit and whispered "Serene, come." Strangely, as if she had understood, she leaped into my backpack. I zipped it up a little more, so Serene wouldn?t fall out, hoisted the pack onto my shoulders, and stood up.

We started off, Professor Blossom shouting goodbye every few minutes, waving, my Eevee happily trotting after us.

Looking at my best friend -and my new one- as we headed over to the woods at the end of the city, I grinned. Kerri and David grinned back.'So this is what it?s like?' I thought to myself as we stopped in front of the opening of the cluster of trees and flowers, each of us eying the sign that said Welcome to ? Woods!...I thought, as we slowly strode in, Kerri chatting with David about his Mudkip- '?to be on the path of a trainer.'What could I say? "WHOOOT!"-the chatting boy and girl noticed, understood at once, and also yelled ?OH YEAH!".I smiled as we continued into the leafy forest.
    ---
    A battle in the next part!Whee!

emeraldslay

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    I love it! I can't wait for the battle! It will be great!

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
    Wah!
    Do to several stupid school related things, I cannot work on my story until May.
    Or the end of May.
    Things i have to do:
    -Finish a Science project
    -Finish a French class project
    I'm really sorry you guys.:( I havn't any time at all.Just enough to post.But not enough to work on the story.:'(

Back