• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Triple Threat Challenge!

The Doctor

What!?
Years
  • The Triple Threat Challenge!

Welcome to the Triple Threat Challenge! In this challenge you use not One, not Two but Three Pokemon! Sound simple enough? That's because it is!

Okay here are the rules/conditions:

• Must use 3 Pokemon, that's the point.
    • These Pokemon cannot be from the same evolutionary line ( Eg. Pichu, Pikachu & Raichu )
    • HM Slaves are allowed ( 3 at max obviously. )
    • Hacking is also in two instances, if you are using an Emulator and can't get your first pokemon till late in the game, and if you want to force evolve a pokemon that CAN'T NORMALLY evolve unless by trade.
    • You can switch to an HM Slave in a battle but ONLY TO HEAL (etc), They cannot attack.
    • If you want to evolve a pokemon for HM slave purposes ( Eg. Catch a Zigzagoon then evolve it to a Linoone ) then that's fine by me, just don't use it in any form of trainer battle, only on wild pokemon.
    • This challenge must be completed in 2 hours, nah just kidding :) Take as long as you want.

Spoiler:

Challengers:
    Spoiler:

Champions:
    Spoiler:

Userbars:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Example Sign Up ( My Sign-Up )
    Spoiler:

Get Started :D

Last edited:

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Name: bctincher15
    Ingame Name: Brandon
    Game: Black
    Chosen Team: Scrafty, Gothitelle, Hydreigon

Also, I will put screenshots before each Gym showing my team.
    One question: can we trade in HM slaves and Pokemon because Deino is not available until Victory Road?

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
  • Name: bctincher15
    Ingame Name: Brandon
    Chosen Team: Scrafty, Gothitelle, Hydreigon

Also, I will put screenshots before each Gym showing my team.
    One question: can we trade in HM slaves and Pokemon because Deino is not available until Victory Road?

Our first challenger! Welcome! Um, I don't know exactly what you mean by trade in HM Slaves?

If you're asking to trade in a Deino since you don't get it till later. Then yes you can, trade it in in an egg if possible and get it and use it as soon as possible.

bctincher15

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Okay that's great because I have a Deino egg in my White Version. What I mean is that I have a Charmander with Cut and Strength, a Squirtle with Surf, Dive, and Waterfall, and a Pidove with Fly. I want to trade them from White as HM slaves. I will not trade them over until I need to.

Last edited:

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
  • Okay that's great because I have a Deino egg in my White Version. What I mean is that I have a Charmander with Cut and Strength, a Squirtle with Surf, Dive, and Waterfall, and a Pidove with Fly. I want to trade them from White as HM slaves. I will not trade them over until I need to.

You're meant to catch your HM slaves not trade over an already used set, an egg for your team is fine though.

bctincher15

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Okay thanks, so I know I can trade my Deino egg over in Accumula Town before the fight with N.
    I will update with screenies at the beginning of each Gym battle.

IceCreamzy

Ice Cream Lover
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    Name: IceCremzy
    Ingame Name: IceC
    Game: RUBY
    Chosen Team:
    1: Gardevoir (starts with Ralts)
    2: Pelipper (starts with WingulL)
    3: Walrein or Glalie

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2012
    Name: Chirp
    In-game Name: Brandon
    Game: Pearl
    Chosen Team:
    Sudowoodo (Starts as Bonsly)
    Rapidash (Starts as Ponyta
    Whiscash (Starts as Barboach)

Last edited:

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
  • OK, Since I'm the leader of this thread.

I'm doing another Triple Threat but it's actually The Mystery Dungeon Challenge, but since I'm only using three pokemon in it I'm pretty sure it would be ok to use in this too so I'll post the updates in here too.

Name: The Opera Ghost
    Ingame Name: Maxie
    Chosen Team:
    Samurott, Excadrill, Carracosta.

When I post the video, ignore the fact that I'm reading the Mystery Dungeon Challenge rules.

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2013
    Name
    PokeLordAndrew

Ingame Name
    Andrew

Game
    Emerald

Chosen Team
    Blaziken, Flygon, Walrein

I'll be hacking in the starter evolutions for flygon and walrein via a modifier on the first route. So they'll be Lv 2-5.
    I will be posting screens before entering a gym and upon exiting a gym. (May be no changes except for hp loss? :D)

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
  • Name
    PokeLordAndrew

Ingame Name
    Andrew

Game
    Emerald

Chosen Team
    Blaziken, Flygon, Walrein

I'll be hacking in the starter evolutions for flygon and walrein via a modifier on the first route. So they'll be Lv 2-5.
    I will be posting screens before entering a gym and upon exiting a gym. (May be no changes except for hp loss? :D)

Sorry but that isn't allowed. You will have to wait to catch your trapinch for flygon and your spheal for walrein, you can't hack them in.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I'll sign up.

Name: Jellicent♀
    In-game Name: Durtie
    Game: Emerald
    Chosen Team: Linoone, Armaldo, Crawdaunt

I'll be posting screen caps of my progress and whatnot.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2012
    Wait, since the earliest Pokemon I can get (Ponyta)is not available until after the second gym, can I bring in an egg of it?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Ok, so finally an update:
    Started with mudkip, searched an caught a Zigzagoon, and named her Covington, a city here in Louisiana. I plan to do this with all my Pokemon. So she and I met Wally, Scott, and of course, Team Aqua. Then I grinded for HOURS getting her to level 20 so that she could evolve into a Linoone, and then semi-swept Roxanne, which is where I saved and turned off.

weavile96

Just Your Neighborhood Creeper
    Years
  • This looks like fun, so I'll sign up.

Name: weavile96
    In-game Name: Taylor
    Game: Emerald
    Chosen Team: Swampert (Starting as Mudkip), Manectric (Starting as Elektrike), Ninetales (Starting as Vulpix)

Back