• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Turia Region - Science vs Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
    Raikon's Interest in taking notes and researching pokemon was only limited. But with additional help and training it would not only be easier to travel through the region, Raikon would also profit from a sparring partner. "Well, okay. I guess it's a good idea." said he and nodded. Raikon looked to the front of the boat. "Is that Turia over there?" he asked.

The large region Celia spotted earlier was in fact Turia. It had marvelous deserts in the entryway, beautiful forests to the east, a volcano in the center, sticking out like a sore thumb, and a lot of other wonderful things. I need to please the team. I need to find every ounce of info I can. I need to please Raikon as well, Celia thought. So many expectations for her. Not that she hadn't had that many in her life before. She thought she would just be able to stop having to please people out here. But, she still would have to. "Yes, it is Turia. It's a great region. It looks challenging. Are you ready to handle it?" Celia said.

Enilias

Successor to Hokuto Shinken
    Years
    The large region Celia spotted earlier was in fact Turia. It had marvelous deserts in the entryway, beautiful forests to the east, a volcano in the center, sticking out like a sore thumb, and a lot of other wonderful things. I need to please the team. I need to find every ounce of info I can. I need to please Raikon as well, Celia thought. So many expectations for her. Not that she hadn't had that many in her life before. She thought she would just be able to stop having to please people out here. But, she still would have to. "Yes, it is Turia. It's a great region. It looks challenging. Are you ready to handle it?" Celia said.

Raikon smiled. "Well, of course I am." he said, full of himself. The land himself looked very promising. A hot, merciless desert, a mighty volcano to the center, and impenetrable forests to the east. Raikon always followed a rule of thumb for strong pokemon: The harder it is to survive in a region, the stronger the pokemon must be. "What will we do first when we get there?" asked Raikon. It would be logical - at least for him - that the researchers have some kind of base where the expeditions are organized. It would be more like Raikon if they just rushed into the wilderness, without knowing where they would end, just for the sake of exploring. Yes, that dangerous way is a way Raikon likes.

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
    Raikon smiled. "Well, of course I am." he said, full of himself. The land himself looked very promising. A hot, merciless desert, a mighty volcano to the center, and impenetrable forests to the east. Raikon always followed a rule of thumb for strong pokemon: The harder it is to survive in a region, the stronger the pokemon must be. "What will we do first when we get there?" asked Raikon. It would be logical - at least for him - that the researchers have some kind of base where the expeditions are organized. It would be more like Raikon if they just rushed into the wilderness, without knowing where they would end, just for the sake of exploring. Yes, that dangerous way is a way Raikon likes.

Celia had no clue what to do. She hadn't been given any previous information about the journey. She assumed that she would find out on Turia. So, her answer to Raikon was, "We'll see. The leader, Amber or what's-her-name is going to probably give us some information, then we'll be on our merry way into the region. I think," Celia said. As she finished her statement, she felt a sudden shaking movement, and then none at all. The boat had stopped. "All right, let's go into the big sports field," Celia said. She refered to new places as uncharted sports field. You see, Celia played a lot of indoor sports and outdoor sports, but she was restricted by fences, courts, or stadiums. She has never competed in the true competition. In this region, Celia's opponent was nature. And, unbeknownst to her, the Silph Co.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    "But I'm not going down without a fight. We'll make this a battle. Two of mine against two of yours, one at a time. If I lose, you can take me to your sick organization. But if I win," he added quickly before the man could say anything, "you'll run back to your base empty-handed. No Tauros, no researcher."

Theron rolled his eyes. People always put useless rules into things, and Theron tended to break useless rules. But hopefully this nerd didn't know that.
    "I accept your challenge. Two pokemon, and I lose, I leave peacefully and empty-handed."

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
    "Gyuuniku, come back here," Getsumei said, slowly pointing his poke ball towards the large creature, causing it to morph into a mass of light, which quickly shot into the hand held sphere. Then, with a tap on the single button placed on the ball, it shrunk to about a fifth its original size, fitting perfect into the special, magnetic holders within Getsumei's coat.

Then, shortly after, a mass of light appeared just to the right of the young man, causing him to instinctually grab onto the poke ball once more. The blob of light soon took the form of a Feraligatr, which stretched out its arms to catch the second boy to be spawned by the clouds…

However, this one was slightly familiar to the bloke…

"Ronald?" he tried, after the newcomer had addressed him. "No, that's not it. Craig, was it? It's Craig, right?"

While the boy tried to remember the name of the brown haired youth, the ship's horn sounded, signaling their arrival to the Docklands.

"Finally! Look, Eric, I'm sort of busy right now, so if we could meet up later, we could discuss … err … whatever we did in the past then, ok? Good! See ya!" And with that, Getsumei and his Bibarel took off, excited to see this new continent. "Nice Feraligatr by the way~!" he announced as he went.

On the Docks
    Jumping in and out between the mass of people, most of which were hopeful trainers, like some sort of cartoon character, and with the grace of a drunken ballet dancer, Kokushu hanging onto his back for dear life, Getsumei quickly made his way to the docks, which was really just a bunch of unstable looking wooden piers for the passengers to be dropped onto by the occasional ship. Further in on the mainland, a small city could be seen, though from the looks of it, the name "city" was a rather positive way of putting it…

After having freed himself from the crowd, the white haired Sinnoh boy looked around, trying to eye the people he had been asked to meet. Due to his height, he could easily look over the heads of many, and it didn't take long before he had seemingly found his target.

"Yo! Amber, right? Getsumei's the name!" the bloke started out, as he had closed in on two people on the shore, one of which was wearing a black sweater and a horrible pink scarf, which burned the eyes of the poor trainer. She also was rather short, wore glasses and sported wavy black hair. Her body shape somehow reminded Getsumei of a pear, something which he found oddly cute. In her arms was an Eevee, a Pokémon which had always intrigued Getsumei, due to its many possible evolutions, or as it was more popularly called: Eeveelutions.

((Sorry, but my creativity is a bit bleh, so I didn't try and make a description of random NPC #1 XP, also, IceDragon, I didn't include you because it would need me to kinda... control you, even if it was just a little, but you're free to pop up ^^ ))

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    {{ I was going to cuff you for the god-modding, but you did me a favour by mentioning the Eevee - I was probably going to forget the stupid thing. :P }}

Amber spotted him at about the same time that he did. It was kind of hard to miss the white hair bobbing above the crowd. Shifting the helpless Eevee to one arm, she started to wave frantically, hopping up and down as though to make up for her height. Her companion, a black-haired, pale-skinned 20-year-old in a green pullover, was a little slow on the uptake, but eventually gave a lethargic wave.

"Eee! It's really you!" she cried as he approached, bounding forward and enveloping him in a spontaneous hug. The Eevee, thankfully, took no part - it had been dropped on the grass beside Amber's Murkrow. Both Pokemon decided it was safer to stay where they were.

"Getsumei! Welcome to Turia! What do you think? It's a dump, isn't it? After Sinnoh, this must look like the sticks," she chattered. "Don't worry, the excitement's just starting. Oh, meet Tom." She pulled him in by the arm. "Tom's great. He's our weatherwatcher and survival expert. AND he's got Pokemon!"

Tom smiled wryly, shook hands, then excused himself, saying he had some stuff to buy. He ambled off towards the center of the town, a fat Furret in tow.

Amber again demanded his attention, poking him in the ribs. "Didja meet anyone interesting on the ferry? Hm? Come on, you gotta introduce me."

{{ Gotta go for a few hours. Please wait for me. ^^; }}

Last edited:

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
    ((You DID write in your profile that she ALWAYS carried it around with her XD And I'm waiting for Zeo's post before I continue ^^ ))

SonofWiseii

Come on in Heeeeerrrre!
    Years
    "I accept your challenge. Two pokemon, and I lose, I leave peacefully and empty-handed."

Yeah right, Aaron thought, peace definitely isn't this guy's "thing." But there wasn't anything for it. He could always attempt to force him back, but the man still might be stronger. Oh well, he thought.

Aaron just nodded as he released his first pokémon.

"Niiinnnn-ninjasssk!" Velox exclaimed.

"Help me through this, bud." Aaron mumbled under his breath.

Dizzy_Zeo

My Own Secret Weapon
    Years
    Ray raised a brow as the white haired boy couldn't seem to remember the simple three letter name, leading him to believe, perhaps, that the Bibarel latched onto the man's back was a possible indicator of Getsumei's intellectual aptitude. Ray of course, dismissed the thought and was confronted with news that the boat was docking, and with said news, Getsumei was off and away amongst the shuffling crowds. Ray gave off a sigh and grabbed two poke balls from his jacket. He figured Getsumei knew where to go, meaning he was the best bet to follow anyways, which Ray found convenient as he wanted a word with the fellow.

"Razor, I need you to find a tall man with white hair and a Bibarel on his back" he told the Fearow, who was stretching out his wings "This crowd is hell, so I might not see him…" he added, turning to Horatio "That's where you can help too, Horatio" he said, climbing into the blue pokemon's shoulders. Horatio would be able to separate a crowd easily with his size, and the vantage point from the top of his shoulders meant it would be easier to spot Getsumei.

It took some time, but the two had eventually waded through the crowds, Razor overhead had begun to spiral in the air, marking that he had found his target, though by that time, Ray had found him on his own. As he appeared behind Getsumei, possibly without the man noticing, Ray saw that he was talking to a shorter girl, probably around his own height, minus one Feraligatr "You there, white-hair! Don't just run away from me when I'm talking, we're on the same mission after all!" Ray said, still mounted upon Horatio's shoulders.

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
    Years
    As he landed from the upper deck, a loud siren sounded off. He then saw the many passengers began to shuffle off the ship.

"We're here, finally," Oli said to himself.

He then looked around for Getsumei but did not see the white haired guy anywhere amongst the crowd. Oli then decided to at least make it into the so-called city to begin planning his next move. As he made it to the docks, he shakily walked along the wooden platforms. He finally stumpled onto dry land, the rockiness was something he was not use to.

"Definitely different than any other region," he said as he wandered along the mass of travelers from the ships.

Then out of the corner he noticed white hair and a tall frame. He weaved towards Getsumei and noticed he was talking to a young lady and man, both holding a Pokemon in their arms. He was conflicted if to continue and and speak with Getsumei. He finally pushed himself and said," hey Getsumei, I just wanted to apologize for my actions on the ship. I am just a very cautious person and do not come to trusting others very well. I hope we can start anew and get to know one another."

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    Theron cocked an eyebrow quizzically. You didn't often see a greater difference in size between two battling Pokemon, but he did see the reason why a this nerd thought a flying-type would be an advantage- after all, ground type attacks really couldn't hurt flying types. Theron ran his fingers over Vrykolakas' pokeball, contemplating whether or not to just end the battle before it even started, or to just attack the trainer. He decided not to.
    "You've just sealed your fate! Cairn, giga impact!"
    Cairn roared and set his shoulder, sprinting for all he was worth at the Ninjask.

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
    ((The site went down on me >.<!!))

"Uh … Hi," said Getsumei, a bit taken aback by the sudden embrace, yet still gave a gentle squeeze back to the tiny girl. From across his shoulder, Kokushu's head appeared to take part in the action, looking down at the girl with obvious interest.

When the girl finally released her hold on him, Getsumei was bombarded with questions, and was only able to mutter a quick "Getsumei," when the girl made him and some guy, named Tom, was forced to do a hand shake.

He was then poked in-between his rips with a surprisingly sharp finger and asked a question, yet again he was not able to answer, as he was suddenly addressed by a loud voice.

"You there, white-hair! Don't just run away from me when I'm talking, we're on the same mission after all!" the voice yelled, causing Getsumei to jump a little, turn around, and let out a weird sound, possibly a suppressed scream of shock, as he stood face to face with a large Feraligatr.

"Uh… Eh…," the poor bloke tried, before he noticed a person on top of the Pokémon. "Oh! Pete! Hi again! Uh … Say hallo to Amber! Amber, Pete, Pete, Amber! Apparently I know this guy."

After having introduced the two, a third person showed up, causing Getsumei to be trapped in a triangle with points consisting of the little girl, Amber, Gary and his Feraligatr, and the new guy, who seemed to be Olivander, whom Getsumei had talked to briefly on the ship.

"Oh, hi, Oli … Is it ok I call you Oli?" Getsumei responded, before stretching out his hand in greeting, "and sure, apology accepted. May we get along well." With that, Getsumei, as well as the Bibarel who still watched the scene from over his shoulder, gave the boy a large white grin, before he turned back to the girl.

"Uh, anyway. You asked me if I'd met any interesting people? Not really sure. Most of them are probably more troublesome than interesting," he then continued, his eyes showing deep concern for the welfare of said people…

… They'd probably end up getting themselves squished beneath a Snorlax butt by the end of the week…

Last edited:

SonofWiseii

Come on in Heeeeerrrre!
    Years
    "You've just sealed your fate! Cairn, giga impact!" The man bellowed the orders to his large pokémon. The Tyranitar rushed at Velox. Aaron knew that this attack hit hard. If it connected with his Ninjask, it would easily one-hit KO him.

"Think fast Velox!"

The Ninjask focused while the charging pokémon came closer and closer. It seemed like Velox was wasting time now, but Aaron knew better.

"Now!" Aaron shouted, and Velox, now much, much faster than usual, attempted to fly around the angry pokémon. Aaron's plan had worked: Velox used Agility until the last second before it zipped away, just in time.

But something was off. Velox wasn't flying in a perfect curve like he regularly did. No! Aaron realized too late that the Giga Impact did hit Velox, even if it was just a nick. It had enough power to veer Velox off course as he tried to turn around. It was trying to save itself from crashing.

Aaron had to think of something fast before Velox ran into a tree looming in as Velox spun around. "Velox, quick, use an X-Scissor to knock yourself back!" Aaron hoped this worked. If X-Scissor didn't connect, Velox would crash and leave himself vulnerable to a powerful Giga Impact from the Tyrannitar.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    Amber looked at the two newcomers. It seemed her gamble had paid off. Getsumei had somehow, foruitously, become the nucleus of a small group. At the moment, they were all strangers, but she had to keep the momentum going.

She grinned impishly and clapped her hands. "Pete and Oli, is it? Fantastic! Welcome to Turia, guys! You'll love it here. It's chock full of Pokemon. Our research team just can't keep up with classifying and monitoring these beasties, let me tell you. Hey, maybe you can help us out? You're all trainers, aren't you? Yeah, it shows." She picked out Olivander. "That confident stance...that piercing gaze...you've obviously done your share of roughing it in the bush. That's what being a trainer's all about, isn't it? Living off the land. Sleeping under the stars. Catching pneumonia. It's part of the lifestyle. But, when you get tired of it, feel free to drop by our base for a hot meal and a roof over your head. It's not a five-star location, but I bet you'll like our cook. In return, just keep track of the Pokemon you see and send us the data. Sound good?" Amber grinned, watching the faces of her audience for their reactions.

Last edited:

Dizzy_Zeo

My Own Secret Weapon
    Years
    Ray's brow twitched as the name Pete arose once more, instilling a silent fury within the boy, though he didn't let it show other than the small patch of hair above his eye's slight movement. The girl before them had called him by it as well, prompting him to step down off Horatio and let them know that he was not this 'pete' character.

By this time, another trainer had joined them, one whom Ray had seen next to Getsumei on the ship, if he recalled correctly, which was fortunate for he too would know. Cracking his knuckles and running a hand over his hair, Ray looked at all three of the other trainers and crossed his arms, waiting for the girl to finish speaking before he said his piece "If you'll excuse my saying, I am Ray Rowleigh, research team battle analyst…which is a fancy way of saying I like to get into fights with people and pokemon" he said, now directing his eyes to the girl "I am not this 'pete' character you seem to have me confused with…

The promise of a hot meal appealed to Ray, but he would have to hold off on that for later. He wanted to get started with his data collection, though it was much more for personal enjoyment than any research team business. He had a few small items of food packed away in the bag hanging off his shoulder, the single strap going diagonally across his chest. Should he feel the need to eat, those would do for a while. His mind was drawn away from the subject of food when a brown streak flashed in his peripheral vision.

Ray's eyebrows raised once more as Razor perched on Horatio's shoulder, letting out a squawk as if waiting to be introduced as well. The trainer gave off a sigh and slid one hand into his pocket as the other gestured with it's thumb towards the two pokemon
    "Those are Horatio and Razor, my Feraligatr and my Fearow respectively, which reminds me…" he said, as he unclipped their poke balls, adorned with an H and an R "They need to go back inside their capsules" he said, point at both of them, turning them into beams of red light before disappearing completely. Ray placed the balls back in his jacket and turned towards the others again.

"So, what is it exactly we're standing around here for? We've got a nice group of four….why not adventure a bit" he proposed "Maybe get a little better acquainted through some action….though I should learn your names, as you all know mine…at least, by now I hope you do" he said, glancing over at Getsumei accusingly.

Last edited:

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    {{ Dizzy, I'm a little confused about what your character just did. Is he interrupting AMBER'S AWESOME SPEECH? Before it even starts? Rendering it null? You can't just do that, man. It's not cool.

How about Ray interjects just before Amber gets going, setting his name straight once and for all, and skips the rest of what you just wrote? I've edited my post to show it. }}

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
    ((It was most likely meant to be set after... Or happen before your speech, yet not annulling it... Except maybe the part where you use the wrong name))

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    {{ Fine, then...it's just that he doesn't seem to be responding to anything she's said. It's as though he wasn't listening at all, just waiting for her to shut her mouth so he could point out that his name ISN'T PETE. }}

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back