• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ugliest of Them All ☠

Nakala Pri

Who was the ugliest Gym Leader, in your opinion? Who makes you grumble and mutter every time you say him/her?

Is it design in general or their personality in both anime/game? :P

Discuss! :D

(If this is a rule-breaker in some way, please move/delete/don't give me a damn infraction.) C:

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    There's a few I think are not as attractive as the other Gym Leaders. I never cared much for Chuck or Pryce, from Johto. But Crasher Wake, Fantina and Byron from Sinnoh easily make Chuck and Pryce look like eyecandy. A lot of the Unova leaders weren't lookers, but I think Draydon really makes the ugly list for that region. As for Kalos....ehhhhh...no one's really ugly there, but I just kept wondering wtf was up with Cyllage City Gym leader, Grant's, hair. That hair alone tops the ugly list. It doesn't even have to be a gym leader. I kept thinking all those brightly colored things was gum stuck in his hair or something. >_>

Bryony

Oh my, oh my?
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2014
    Gahh my short term memory loss.. Whatever the 7th gym leader is in Pokemon X/Y.. She's all wrinkly and old like ew!

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
    Years
  • Hmm odd topic... I'd say based on personality alone it would have to be Blaine of cinnabar grumpy crazy old dude turned total introvert.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Chili, he's just really irritating for some reason and I literally have no problems with any of the other Gym Leaders from all of the regions.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not such a big fan of Whitney's personality, to be honest. I don't know how to explain it, but... she's a little crybaby-ish, I guess? xD" I've also had quite a hard time battling against her in Pokémon Silver, which made me dislike her even more. Her Milktank was just impossible to go up against. To have it finally defeated, I had to lose to her about five - six times in a row.

Nakala Pri

I dunno about you guys, but Burgh NEEDS to go. xD

He is kinda creepy, luring your character into the woods, deeper and deeper...

Plus dat hair! >:C

Nakala Pri

But I really like Roark's design, that is pretty awesome! ^^

Nakala Pri

Yeah, but his dad looks like he's a psycho on meth who karate chop's steel, probably is Steelix. C:

Years
  • Gahh my short term memory loss.. Whatever the 7th gym leader is in Pokemon X/Y.. She's all wrinkly and old like ew!

What, Olympia? I don't think she looks old and I do love most Psychic Gym Leaders, including her. I love the whole "star" theme she has to her design.

As for who I think is the ugliest-looking Gym Leader, it'd have to be Crasher Wake. Which is kinda sad because he uses my fave type (Water) but there's something about his appearance that irks me compared to the other Water Gym Leaders.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'm not a big fan of Korrina or Clemont in Kalos. Chuck and Wake aren't too pretty either. The main reason I don't like Korrina is because she plays an interesting role in the Mega Evolution story within X/Y, but I just can't take her seriously in roller blades.. It's not like the roller blades even make a ton of sense with her gym's type. As for Clemont, I just don't understand the weird machine things and the child genius inventor and gym leader in the biggest city in Kalos situation. As for Chuck and Wake, I don't mind them as characters, I just want them to put on a shirt and (for Wake) take off his mask. They're supposed to be Gym Leaders that I look up to.. Not shirtless old dudes playing around like wrestlers or something.

Nakala Pri

I reckon Crasher Wake is really annoying, I mean, like, what does wrestling have to do with Water types? He should have been Fighting or Normal or something, not a big, huge, sweaty wrestler who plays around in paddling pools. :C

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I can't really say I find any of them unattractive, appearance-wise, but a lot of them are definitely forgettable.

-Pryce: Most gym leaders have something interesting about them or some secondary occupation. Pryce is just...an old guy. That's it. Though I'll admit they made him look 10 times more epic in HeartGold and SoulSilver, that still wasn't enough to make him terribly memorable.

-Chuck: Not sure why, but I've never really been a fan of Chuck. He's got kind of an over the top "meathead" kind of persona, but somehow still doesn't manage to leave a lasting impression. Even with his creative waterfall gym in HeartGold/SoulSilver he's a pretty forgettable character.

-Grant: Another one who's really forgettable, which is a shame because I really liked his gym. And I can't help but think that he's got candy stuck in his hair.

-Giovanni: I know how everybody raves about how him being the Viridian Gym leader was like, an awesome plot twist. But personally, I thought it was pretty lame as far as plot twists go. And the fact that he's this big tough mob boss who keeps getting spanked by a 10 year old makes him a pretty lame character overall.

And finally...

-Marlon: His slang is pretty entertaining at first, but after a while it gets kinda cheesy. I mean, even people who speak the heaviest slang in real life occasionally pronounce the "g" at the end of an "ing" word. His slang just didn't quite seem natural.

Back