• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Pokemon RPG Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Jay

Requiem of Darkness
Years
  • This idea may completely suck, but here goes.

I think there should be a Pokemon RPG game for Wii which includes all four regions from the previous RPGs on the Handhelds. You would start off in Pallet Town, and choose any starter pokemon you wanted. It didn't have to be like Charmander of Squirtle or anything like that, but anything. When you completed Kanto, like in the anime, Team Rocket could relocate to Johto and so on. Your character would move on throughout the regions with Team Rocket in heavy pursuit. Of course, there would be other Teams like Magma and Aqua and Galactic.

Of course, by this time, you would have super pokemon around level 90 - 100. So, they could allow pokemon to exceed level 100, say to even 400. Yes, this would get extreme, but it would be the only way to carry on. Unless when entering every region your Pokemon's level reset to 5. But that would be frustrating, wouldn't it? By the way, there should be like a boat available that takes you to every Region's docking city (Vermillion, Slateport/Lilycove, Canalave. I can't remember the Johto one >_<)

It would also be awesome if you could have more than one character. For example, you could be Ash one time, and say May or someone another. You could train more than one team of pokemon that way, but of course they may not stand a chance against level 100s or so, so you would have to raise them in Kanto first. Or they could make it so that every battle was a double battle with your partner trainer. But that would again be frustrating.

By the time you reach the end of Sinnoh, you would have seen many different pokemon, and hopefully caught many, yes? Well when you finally finish, I think that there should be like a newsflash on TV saying that legendaries have broken out. But again, this would cause frustration for people who depend on Legendaries in gyms and the Pokemon League, but it would make a better storyline. When all is done, Arceus is up for capture, and if you do that, you've achived Pokemon Mastery.

Please tell me I haven't gone insane...I was just thinking up ideas for future games.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • ...well, it IS an idea... and yes, you've gone insane. ;)

It would in theory sound fun, IF done properly and all. But it is a tad unfeasiable...
    But firstly - Pokemon levels will never exceed 100. Otherwise that game wouldn't be compatiable with Diamond, Pearl, and so forth... and would involve different game mechanics. Won't happen methinks.

And secondly - memory. I doubt there would be space for nearly 500 Pokemon and all the data they come with - movesets, experiance, etc - AND have room for four regions. The closest to that was G/S/C, that was two regions with Kanto shrunk down big-time. Diamond and Pearl takes up the vast majority of the memory and only has one region (just look at the longer save times).

Johto port - Olivine City
    Oh, and you forgot to mention Team Snagem, and more importantly, Cipher. Not to mention the entire Orre region. For shame. ;)

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    Oh, and you forgot to mention Team Snagem, and more importantly, Cipher. Not to mention the entire Orre region. For shame. ;)

Exactly with out Orre it would not be the same! But they would have to cut out all the routes so they could fit all the regions into one disk.

Dark Jay

Requiem of Darkness
    Years
  • 1) ...well, it IS an idea... and yes, you've gone insane. ;)

2) It would in theory sound fun, IF done properly and all. But it is a tad unfeasiable...
    But firstly - Pokemon levels will never exceed 100. Otherwise that game wouldn't be compatiable with Diamond, Pearl, and so forth... and would involve different game mechanics. Won't happen methinks.

3) And secondly - memory. I doubt there would be space for nearly 500 Pokemon and all the data they come with - movesets, experiance, etc - AND have room for four regions. The closest to that was G/S/C, that was two regions with Kanto shrunk down big-time. Diamond and Pearl takes up the vast majority of the memory and only has one region (just look at the longer save times).

4) Johto port - Olivine City

1) Oh dear. I'll have to consult my psychaitrist before I completely lose it!
    2) I see, but why would you need to connect with games like Diamond and Pearl if you had all four regions on? If you have rare or excellent pokmon, I guess it wouldn't work :(
    3) But National Dex already allowed you to have almost 500 pokemon didn't it? It would be different in regions for example in Ruby/Sapphire, Machop was available. Machops would only be available in Kanto. Do you see what I'm saying?
    4) Aaagh! Sorry. =P

Leaving Note: I guess when it comes to exceeding level 100, it would be a bad idea because catching pokemon would be difficult unless you had False Swipe or some magical supply of master balls...

-- Dark Jay.

Years
  • While the all regions all pokemon idea is really great it won't happen, see This thread, which you made, incidentaly, and also my reply to it, second page (my first reply).

Also i don't think going past level 100 would work, it would be leveling for leveling's sake. Oce you start training in the 90's it's suicidal. You simply can't get enough experience, it's a crawl. This is because wild pokemon never go past 60 or so right.

If there were wild pokemon and trainers pokemon at much higher levels than past, you would be using the same pokemon all the time, the whole point of there being so many is you 'colelct 'em all'. So, you cold carry on collecting more pokemon and training while going on through the storlyine, instead of past games where you get to the end of the game and have < or = to 6 pokemon at a decent level :).

EDIT: On the regions front, i don't know if i'd want Orre, i've never experienced it and from what i've heard it's not like a proper region, with gyms and everything in, but i'm probably missing the point. I do want the Orange Islands though. This would induce a pet hate though, surfing. It was actively scaled down in Diamond and Pearl, thankfully.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2008
    HELP

wats up people i need so much help in pokemon revalution it hard but wat ev

the good thing is that it has good graphic

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Well some of those ideas are good, I for one thing the game and show should intertwine a bit more than they have in the past. I mean, Ash now on the show, his Pokemon used to know like 10 moves, now technically all his Pokemon only know 4 moves just like the game.

Having a party of characters, maybe each with 3-4 Pokemon, would be awesome. If you're in a tight battle where you go down, your sidekick could jump in to finish them off. They'd have to figure out a sweet system for that to work, though.

The lv.400 thing is kind of extreme, it'd be cool if you're Pokemon caught and raised during the Kanto trip we're set aside until a certain part of your Johto adventure, and so on. That way you're Pokemon wouldn't be insanely different in levels and you could start out fresh in each region.

MAJOR IDEA THOUGH, the Pokemon League needs to stop being the Elite Four. Just like the show, it'd be killer to have a tournament with 256 trainers battling it out for that top spot and trophy. There could also be mini tournaments in towns leading up to each regions Pokemon League, I think that'd be pretty sweet.

starmii3

Pokemon Ranger
    Years
  • Ryan24 has a big point. But id still think they should have more of the show mixed into the games, or at least a similer concept.

Shuriken236

Emerald Master
    Years
  • Sounds a little confusing. But lv400 pokemon?!? lol. Instead having access to all the regions at once why not chooses what region you want to do at the start.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Or, four separate game files for each region... 5 if Orre goes in.

However - as I said, I doubt there would be memory for four-five regions with nearly 500 Pokemon and all the data that comes with them to boot.
    2) I see, but why would you need to connect with games like Diamond and Pearl if you had all four regions on? If you have rare or excellent pokmon, I guess it wouldn't work :(
    Well, look at the R/S problem They were not compatible with Gold Silver or Crystal. The response fromt he fans? Not good. PBR is compatible with Diamond and Pearl - so why make a game which isn't by changing the game mechanics to have over level 100 Pokemon?

Also, look at it this way - would Nintendo make a game with all regions, or make separate games, one region each, higher quality and all, and thus make more profit by selling the games separately from each other (obviously a gap of a few years between each one - such as RBY - GCS - RS - FR/LG - E... etc)? Considering that Nintendo aim is to make money...
    3) But National Dex already allowed you to have almost 500 pokemon didn't it? It would be different in regions for example in Ruby/Sapphire, Machop was available. Machops would only be available in Kanto. Do you see what I'm saying?
    Was talking about memory issues in fitting multiple regions and Pokemon data into one game... and am confused to what you are trying to say.
    If you mean different dex's for the different regions... that would still come under the disc memory and all - and may end up being more if you have 4 or so separate dex's...

EDIT: On the regions front, i don't know if i'd want Orre, i've never experienced it and from what i've heard it's not like a proper region, with gyms and everything in, but i'm probably missing the point.
    Orre - well, it is supposed to be in Colosseum a desert region, with little to no wild Pokemon - hence the lack of routes or wild Pokemon. It is a region, just without Gyms - things called Colosseums are about instead. It's a different aspect or place to the Pokemon world. Although in XD, it's starting to improve, and some wild Pokemon can be encountered. The system for that sucks however...

Ryan24 has a big point. But id still think they should have more of the show mixed into the games, or at least a similer concept.
    That idea doesn't quite appeal to me personally, and IMO is unlikely. The closest was Yellow, which only used the 'starting with yellow-rodent-I-mean-Pikachu' factor, and had James and Jessie in it. The anime =/= to the show mind - in the show, a Pikachu and hurt ground types with electric attacks for starters. They are separate things - can't really see Game Freak going that far...

Scyther X

Shadow Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2008
    It's a nice idea, i would like a Pokemon RPG. The idea of Lv.100-400 pokemon is kinda beastly though but still nice

Scyther X

Shadow Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2008
    It's a nice idea, i would like a Pokemon RPG. The idea of Lv.100-400 pokemon is kinda beastly though but still nice

Dark Jay

Requiem of Darkness
    Years
  • OK, maybe we should scrap the idea of exceeding level 100 after all...

Good ideas coming on people. The idea of this coming a game excites me, but I doubt the Pokemon Company will even consider it. :(

speedhost101

Electric pokemon master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2008
    Urm, level 400? I think it should only stay upto lv.100, considering lv.80 is amazing as it is.. but A pokemons hp can go up to 400 !

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    If something like this is done the only way it could work is as an MMORPG, like GuildWars (Not World of Warcraft) in which you can see other players when in towns,buildings etc..., but when out in fields,forests,caves,etc.. you are on your own (or with other Trainers in your party)
    The features that would be added are:

1)Pokemon Arena's in each town where people can battle each other.

2)Ability to start in any of the 4 regions KANTO, JOHTO, HOENN SINNOH. (Choice of starters will depend on your starting region)

3)Pokemon will only be available in the region that added them to the series. (1-151 Kanto, 152-251 Johto, 252-386 Hoenn, 387-493 Sinnoh) (New Evolutions will not count, You will still be able to evolve Eevee into Umbreon & Espeon while in Kanto, however the two Sinnoh evolutions for Eevee will still only be available in Sinnoh due to needing to visit the Ice and Grass stones)

4)Pokemon Guilds, there will be good and evil guilds (included in the evil guilds are Team Rocket, Team Aqua, Team Magma & Team Galactic, but there will be others aswell)

5)Ability to travel in Party's of 4 to complete side mission or guild quests together, In wild battles each person will fight the same pokemon on there own, in trainer battles the computer sort the players out into teams of two, (if 3 people are in a team each player will take it in turns to battle on there own)

6)All NPC's will have 6 Pokemon, so all gym battles and random trainer battles will be 1-6v6, making for longer more intense battles,

7)All NPC Pokemon's Levels will start at there normal hand held versions levels but will increase to the level of your highest trained Pokemon (for example say Brocks Onix in FR was Lv 12, and your highest Lv Pokemon was Lv 10 Brocks Onix would still be Lv 12, BUT your highest Lv Pokemon was 15 Brock's Onix would be Lv 15)

8) Legendary Pokemon would not be catchable in game, instead they would be winnable in contest and tournaments, except some which will be catchable after getting a requirement (for example Latios and Latias, you will be able to travel to mirage island ONCE ONLY if you can meet the requirement, which would be different to R/S/E, you could go there and one of them would appear randomly, however if you wanted the other one you would have to wait till a Hoenn tournament with them as the prize)

Well those are all i could think off, please don't go stealing my ideas, but feel free to comment on them.

Last edited:

menace64

Lifelong Trainer
    Years
  • This idea isn't feasible as just one game. It would require... an anthology... of epic proportions.

Game One: Pokemon Enemy - Introduces Team Rocket as the story's main protagonist. The game would need to make Rocket out to be more than a minor harasser. They would need to be a serious villain. As you suggest, you get to pick from a wider variety of starters (but some restrictions would need to remain); or perhaps it's completely random from the Kanto Dex of non-legendaries. You begin a journey to confront and eliminate the Rocket threat, using gyms and the Pokemon League to heighten your power. The game ends with a showdown between yourself and Giovanni. After his defeat, Giovanni flees to nearby Johto.

Game Two: Pokemon Escalation - Your character follows Giovanni to Johto, but is taken by surprise at the resistance you face. It seems that Rocket's presence in Johto is greater than what it was in Kanto: a strong underground movement of Team Rocket has broken to the surface. The police are powerless, and all eight gyms on the island are captured. You recruit the help of Euisine - a trainer who recently captured Suicune - and Lance, the only member of the Elite Four to escape from Rocket's tyrannical grip. From there, you and your two allies work to overthrow Rocket and disband them once and for all. The climax of the game is the "real" final showdown between the three trainers and Giovanni, who unleashes his greatest Pokemon, Mewtwo. Defeating Giovanni this time truly splinters Team Rocket, which causes many members to flee to faraway islands Hoenn and Sinnoh. They will eventually create Teams Magma, Aqua, and Galactic.

Game Three: Pokemon Expedition - A few years after the end of Game Two. You've taken up residence in Hoenn, feeling uneasy back in the Kanto/Johto regions. Throughout the course of the previous two games, you've made a full catalog of the Pokemon available there, and the reports of "new" Pokemon at Hoenn has made you restless for adventure. Of course, by now you're a legend, and finding solace at Hoenn is difficult. You are a celebrity.
    To escape from the fanatical trainers who hound you for a battle, you travel to a place called the Sky Pillar, a secret Pokemon sanctuary disclosed to you by Euisine (who actually learned of the place from Suicune). You make it to the top of the Pillar, only to find several strangely-clad people subduing Rayquaza. They spot you, and introduce themselves as Team Magma and Team Aqua. They recognize you as the one who broke apart Team Rocket years before and immediately flee, leaving an unconscious Rayquaza behind. You revive Rayquaza, but it attacks you, then shoots off into the sky. Mounting your flying Pokemon, you follow as best you can. But Rayquaza is soon out of sight.
    You land at Littleroot Town, where you are spotted by Professor Birch who theorizes that Team Magma and Team Aqua are trying to use Rayquaza to locate – and capture – the legendary Pokemon Groudon and Kyogre. Unfortunately, Birch has no idea how or where this plan could be fulfilled.
    You travel from town to town, looking for any information to help you locate the legendary Pokemon. Along the way, you encounter many Magma and Aqua members who – as you beat each in battle – help lead you to each respective headquarters.
    But it's too late to thwart their plans. Team Magma captures Groudon and Team Aqua captures Kyogre. Together, both teams begin working together to overpower Rayquaza, the Pokemon they believe to be the key to obtaining the "God of all Pokemon." Just as you lose all hope of victory, things get even worse. Cyrus appears and introduces himself as the leader of Team Galactic. Cyrus unleashes a volley of attacks from his Pokemon, Dialga and Palkia, and is first to obtain Rayquaza. He escapes before you have a chance to stop him.
    Team Magma and Team Aqua are both stunned at what just happened. Their 'master Pokemon' Groudon and Kyogre were so-easily beaten. Sensing that their morale is shattered, you follow Cyrus to Sinnoh… and the final battle.

Game Four: Pokemon Eclipse – The defeat of Groudon and Kyogre has left the world in ruins. Massive earthquakes and tsunamis are tearing land and sea apart. The absence of Rayquaza has made the winds swift and perilous. You realize that, in order to save the world, you must defeat Cyrus – and Team Galactic – at any cost.
    Finally reaching Sinnoh, you realize that things are even worse. The powers of Dialga and Palkia have been awakened: both space and time are being bent to Team Galactic's will. But you manage to catch up with Cyrus and challenge him to a battle. He laughs. He channel's Dialga's power towards your Pokemon, reverting them to their basic forms and crippling their power. He channel's Palkia's power, whisking you away to Snowpoint City. As you begint he slow, treacherous journey back to southern Sinnoh, you stumble on Snowpoint Temple and its only resident, Regigigas. You befriend the golem, who seems unaffected by the disturbances ravaging the planet. Joining forces, you travel south to overthrow Cyrus.
    Along the way, Regigigas redirects you several times towards other legendary Pokemon: Cresselia, Darkrai, and the three Pixies: Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf. Together, they all agree to do all they can to rid the world of Cyrus' evil.
    You begin a quest of cleansing the land of Team Galactic, moving from town-to-town, taking the organization apart one member at a time. Eventually, you find yourself in Cyrus' presence again. This time, neither Dialga nor Palkia have an affect on your or your Pokemon (the combined might of your six legendaries has protected you). But, once again, Cyrus laughs. He releases Rayquaza from the PokeBall. A blinding light fills the area, as Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, and your six legendaries are levitated into the air. Another blinding light flashes, and then Arceus appears. All nine of the other legendaries are nowhere to be seen.
    As Arceus hovers above, Cyrus explains that he had hoped that you would bring the 'required power' to bring Arceus down from the Hall of Origin. Arceus is bent to Cyrus' will, and as an act of vengeance, Cyrus sends Arceus after you.
    Just then, your six original Pokemon break free from their Pokeballs. With Dialga gone, they are all restored to their former power. You battle Arceus in a fierce 6-on-1 battle. If you win, Arceus will be returned to the Hall of Origin, releasing the missing legendaries to their proper places and returning the world to safety. If you lose, Cyrus will become the world's greatest tyrant.

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    Along the way, Regigigas redirects you several times towards other legendary Pokemon: Cresselia, Darkrai, and the three Pixies: Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf. Together, they all agree to do all they can to rid the world of Cyrus' evil.

Why can't Giratina become involved?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back