• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Turnoff - What You Don't Want to See in a Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchsageX

The greatest sage.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2013
    I hate unoriginal hacks, I play hacks for a fresh experienced, not a knock-off of a game I've already played.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    hacks with shadow lugia. he is so overused...

iRawr-x

Water PokEmon LOvver
    Years
    Well for me would be tile errors, and abit of scripting errors as well, Like some could stuff up the game,

jakerman999

looking for spriters
    Years
    poor script design. like having people walk through you, or talk to you while facing the other way, or stand a couple tiles away, things like that.

it's okay if it happens once or twice, but if the hack is full of them, it just doesn't work.

Lucario'sShadow

Master of the ShadowAura
    Years
    i hate hacks that are seem like everything has been changed and then once you get to a certain part of the game everything onwards is just stuff that hasnt been changed from the original rom
    e.g. you start off with different starters and then up until lets say cerulean city everything else will not have changed from the original game becuz the hackers are too lazy..
    whats the point of making a hack when you only change part of it and then get lazy??

RedOneH28

RED
    Years
    Gah i really hate when HMs are used to frequently. I usually don't teach my pokemon HMs except the really good ones (not rock smash or cut). Constantly going back to get my HM pokemon takes away the experience and the reality of the game.

Also on Fakemon. I do not like them unless they are extremely well done. I'm talking about they have the same colors as normal pokemon and they have the same looks. You know the ones that come out and claim to be part of the next generation but you can't tell because it's so good?

Yeah those are ok.

Rob-120

~Revived~
    Years
    a turn off huh...welll I guess my ultamite turnoffs are random violence, swears, random item handouts, and crazy hard and or just random ultimate pokemon in the wild...

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    - Bad Grammar (also swearing and internet slang)
    - Legendary pokemon easy to catch
    - dumb story
    - Mapping (huge maps with not much detail)

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
    I agree with most of this...but....WINDWAKER OVER OCARINA?!?! went...you cut me deep
    [/offtopic]
    Another pet peeve of mine is games with bad starters. Ya know, when people make the starters something like Groudon, Charizard, and Haunter. wtf? why would you do that

I hate hacks that use too many of the original game's events. The only game that did that but had enough new stuff to kinda even it out was ruby destiny

And I agree Wind Waker over Ocarina? The only zelda game that was better than Ocarina was Majora's Mask

ultimoechidna

Hacker in training
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2008
    I don't like use of characters from the original game. I've completed THREE GAMES with Brendan! I DON'T WANT TO DO IT AGAIN! I don't mind fakemons, so long as they aren't crappy. Finally: Death. Some promising looking hacks are ruined by dark storylines where the main characters brother/sister/father/mother/best mate dies. It's a kids game, that's not a good idea, it's just plain depressing.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2009
    I absolutely HATE fakemon! They ruin the whole pokemon experience in my opinion. I do like the dark storylines, though. It's something that makes it different from the normal pokemon games. So, hackers, a good dark game without fakemon WILL get my attention.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2016
    I defiantly do not like Fakemon. It does not feel like a pokemon game with them. I also do not like when they take all the challenge away from the game. They give you too awesome starters or make all original starters catchable in the beginning of the game. I don't like having Master Balls and Rare Candies for $1 at the mart. I am proud to say I have never used a rare candie in any pokemon game after Pokemon Blue. (Glitch ^_^ Come on I was like 8). I like it when a pokemon hack is like the real thing with new maps/story change/wide range of pokemon from many different games. I am going to try to work on my ideal game when I get the chance.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    i hate hacks that are seem like everything has been changed and then once you get to a certain part of the game everything onwards is just stuff that hasnt been changed from the original rom
    e.g. you start off with different starters and then up until lets say cerulean city everything else will not have changed from the original game becuz the hackers are too lazy..
    whats the point of making a hack when you only change part of it and then get lazy??
    Oh, so you think every godarn hack here is finished???? It's called a BETA. It means they've edited that much for you to play!

I dislike Fakemon (except obviously-typed ones and ones that are reeeaaaally well made). I absolutely hate bad grammar and tile errors. Script errors are alright, although too many spoils a game...
    Oh, also, DP starters are WAAAAY overused. They're just like FR or Emerald starters, why not use them?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2016
    I dislike Fakemon (except obviously-typed ones and ones that are relly well made). I absolutely hate bad grammar and tile errors. Script errors are alright, although too many spoils a game...
    Oh, also, DP starters are WAAAAY overused.

I also hate grammar errors and tile errors. I hate the D/p starters. Script errors could get annoying when they force you to restart your game

robie392

Pokemon Prof.
    Years
    Tile errors, realy bad grammar, stupid looking or Fakemon that dont even seem like pokemon, stupid story lines, and people who say theres going to be things in the games but it never happens.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I hate to see a hack thread where the hacker only wishes to be popular, well-known or to be respected as a great hacker.
    I also hate it when a hacker competes with another hacker.

Why can't everyone just hack for fun and for bringing a new game for everyone to enjoy?

Now, towards hacks, I don't like boring scripts.
    I hate to see misused tiles.
    I dislike to see promises got broken.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    What bothers me is when somone takes a good hack and tweaks it a little bit to make it super easy.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
    For me, the hack's plot loses MUCHO originality points when it's centered around Ash/Gary/May/Brendan etc.
    Fakemon are generally crap. There ARE some pretty kick-awesome fakemon however.
    it's just that sometimes I think they just wanted to say "i have (X amount) new Poke's" but screwed up the individual quality.

AnimalCrossingX

Pokémon Olive Creator
    Years
    I hate terrible grammar/spelling, bad storylines, and crappy Fakemon. Also, maps the are bare/similar to the real map are a major turnoff.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back