• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Unknown Dungeon Section Of PC Suggestions

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    I have a few suggestions about The Unknown Dungeon section on here.

Good Topics Section:
    If a good topic is finished, or an RPG, it should go in a "Good Topics" section so that members can use it as reference. I was pretty steamed when I couldn't find the first two RPGs of "Misadventures At Hogwarts" in the Other RP section because they were deleted (I couldn't find it anywhere).

Non-Spam Locked Topics Section:
    For topics that are locked but aren't considered spammy.

Anyone agree?

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    I suggested something like this a while back, that would be...

~ Sanctuary [For memorable threads that have died.]
    ~ The Trashcan [Where all locked rule-abiding threads go to.]
    ~ Isle of Stupidity [Where all idiotic threads go to showcase the spammer's stupidity.]

But yeah, good suggestion. =P

Jesus Freak Josh

Years
    Digital Phoenix said:

~ Isle of Stupidity [Where all idiotic threads go to showcase the spammer's stupidity.]

Lol. Funny.
    So is this gonna happen?

Trent

TrentTech Founder
    Years
    Those are some pretty good ideas

Non-Spam Locked Topics Section: For topics that are locked but aren't considered spammy. said:
    I asked Steve that and he said no...

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    The memorable threads idea is quite nice, but i worry that people will have a difficult time deciding which threads are considered memorable, and people will start PMing saying "that's not fair, my thread's more memorable than theirs!" ^^;
    If it's purely for great long-lasting well-written rp threads, then one idea could be a sticky showing clips from it, or a subsection with the old best rps in it to show people who want to start rping, or for those who purely want to read a (what you could call) collective story (i like to read some of the rps ^^)

Batesy, if you do a search in Other Roleplay for "misadventures", the two threads come up. Old threads aren't deleted here ^^;

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    No offence, but I find the section kinda stupid.

Why emphasize some of our stupider threads? Just let them die...

Years
    Digital Phoenix said:

i agree with DP!

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    JKaizer said:
    No offence, but I find the section kinda stupid.

Why emphasize some of our stupider threads? Just let them die...
    I agree. If a thread is that bad, don't bring attention to it by moving it into a forum with little threads. -.-

And semi off-topic: Are we poking fun at Kwesi with this forum? XD

Jesus Freak Josh

Years
    DF dadragonz said:
    The memorable threads idea is quite nice, but i worry that people will have a difficult time deciding which threads are considered memorable, and people will start PMing saying "that's not fair, my thread's more memorable than theirs!" ^^;
    If it's purely for great long-lasting well-written rp threads, then one idea could be a sticky showing clips from it, or a subsection with the old best rps in it to show people who want to start rping, or for those who purely want to read a (what you could call) collective story (i like to read some of the rps ^^)

Batesy, if you do a search in Other Roleplay for "misadventures", the two threads come up. Old threads aren't deleted here ^^;
    Last time I checked I couldn't find it... Meh...

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    Shadow said:
    I agree. If a thread is that bad, don't bring attention to it by moving it into a forum with little threads. -.-

And semi off-topic: Are we poking fun at Kwesi with this forum? XD
    mostly it's a place for our mods to put bad posts as an example of what not to do.. sorta the hall of shame or whatever.. (and gets those bad posts out of the main area)

no, we're not poking fun at Kwesi or his TheUD site.. it's just that the name sounded good...

*hides*

Jesus Freak Josh

Years
    PPNSteve said:
    mostly it's a place for our mods to put bad posts as an example of what not to do.. sorta the hall of shame or whatever.. (and gets those bad posts out of the main area)

no, we're not poking fun at Kwesi or his TheUD site.. it's just that the name sounded good...

*hides*
    lol. Ph33r Kwesi, Steve! XD

On the topic of memorable, if they were important, or just RPGs that had finished, they could go in there...
    Or if the RPG has finished, you could have a finished section for them so people can use it as reference.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    PPNSteve said:
    It puts emphasis on them...

And if it's a newbie... would they really want their bad post to be shown off like that? If it's just locked and stuff, it can disappear from everyone's memory, but if it's on page one of that forum... it won't vanish so quickly.

*shrugs*

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
    I tried moving a thread there, although i think I moved it back to anotehr forum of mines. I know it serves as the PC bad zone, but wouldn't the posts just be edited and put invisible rather than been moved and showcase them?

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    na the seeability of them helps to show others what NOT to do..
    it's not for locked threads persay but more for spam or flaming type posts or u know, stuff like that... come on, it's not that hard a concept to understand.. in fact i've seen this type of section on many forums and it does help.

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
    I know other fourms have like places for spam and all, but I guess if we all give it a try it may turn out like a cool feature for PC.

Cool Cr@cker

I am now Chrono Cr@cker
    Years
    Err..What a Stupid Idea. I gotta Admit this is one of PC's Un-Original Ideas..We really Dont need the UD Do we~~ I mean is Anybody Going to go all the way to look at Spam Threads Seriously NO.
    Ofcourse if is an Interesting Good Thread that has been closed after Umpteen Discussions, it could go here~
    Sorry but Bad Move Guys.

Last edited:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    Cool [email said:
    Cr@cker]Err..What[/email] a Stupid Idea. I gotta Admit this is one of PC's Un-Original Ideas..We really Dont need the UD Do we~~ I mean is Anybody Going to go all the way to look at Spam Threads Seriously NO.
    Ofcourse if is an Interesting Good Thread that has been closed after Umpteen Discussions, it could go here~
    Sorry but Bad Move Guys.
    Actually, a lot of members have been looking at it, CC. If it's for reference on what not to do, or just solely for enjoyment, members are still making use of it. Just because you won't use it, doesnt mean nobody else will.

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    Cool [email said:
    Cr@cker]Err..What[/email] a Stupid Idea. I gotta Admit this is one of PC's Un-Original Ideas..We really Dont need the UD Do we~~ I mean is Anybody Going to go all the way to look at Spam Threads Seriously NO.
    Sorry but Bad Move Guys.
    I don't know if its because I'm insane, but I enjoy going there xD! It's fun sometimes to see those spammy or flame threads o.O'
    It's just like when you see monkeys playing around! it's fun! xD! *drops*

Back