• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Fighting the Pokémon Extermination (OOC Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
Years
I'll just play as a normal pokemon, is that ok?

Nickname: Gallade

Breed: Gallade

Moves: Shadow Force (the reason for this move is that he was alone for most of his life, and lived in solitude. Then, an evil team found him, and raised him. After all the hardships, he learned this move and managed to escape the team.), Swords Dance, Psycho Cut, and Stone Edge.

Appearance: In the areas where he'd be green, he's black.

Personality: Sarcastic, works for both sides, and trusts no one.

History: When he was a Ralts, he was called Ephraim. He was happy-go-lucky with his trainer supporting him all the way.. He evolved into a Kirlia when his trainer and he were in the Hoenn League. Then, during the trainer's most important battle against his rival in the finals, his trainer's sudden change in tactics (he went from defense to all out offense, and the pressure made Ephraim weaker) made him fall down out of fatigue. Then, his trainer abandoned him, and since then, Ephraim went under the name Kage (meaning Shadow), and a team under the name of Rocket kidnapped him and forced him into experimental training. He was forced to drink potions (which corrupted his body even more), they tested needles on him, which transformed his body (making his green parts black), and forced Kage to fight in colliseum-like battles. Finally, Kage learned a forbidden move (Shadow Force), used it (sending the grunts flying), and then teleported to the region of Katsu. He no longer trusts anyone, and hunts down his old trainer to this very day.

Additional information: He can talk, and jump very high.

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
Years
Rentorar: Please put an extra paragraph break between your paragraphs. It makes it look tons neater. Also, I need to know if he is already with them or not. I suggest him joining them soon and maybe having watched them for a while before revealing himself, but it's up to you.

When you add the paragraph breaks, you may post it under the main thread, but please just edit and put it under your accidental post.

Charky-101

The Unlucky One
Years
iLike2EatPiez and Charky-101: Also, I am beginning to write the starting post for the RP and I want to know if it is okay for me to bunny your characters a bit (movement and expressions, not dialogue), and it would only be for the first one or two in order to help get it moving. It's find if I'm not allowed, I'll find a different way ^.^

Yes you can bunny my character ^_^.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
Years
Rentorar: Please put an extra paragraph break between your paragraphs. It makes it look tons neater. Also, I need to know if he is already with them or not. I suggest him joining them soon and maybe having watched them for a while before revealing himself, but it's up to you.

When you add the paragraph breaks, you may post it under the main thread, but please just edit and put it under your accidental post.

Sorry, I forgot to space >_<

Basically, Kage antagonizes the group (appearing out of nowhere, maybe hurting one of the members and quickly vanishing), and then, later, he could kidnap one of the members and take them to a secret place, and then after talking with the member, Kage decides to join the group

Mira

restless spirit
Years
I have an idea. If he can talk to other Pokemon (can he...?) he could kidnap one of my character's Pokemon. Most likely Fay because she wouldn't try and kill him ;)
Which character would he kidnap otherwise...?

Charky-101: Okay, that makes one...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Mira, couldn't you just E-Mail iLike2EatPiez? That way you could get the answer without waiting for her to come online and notice the question?

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
Years
I have an idea. If he can talk to other Pokemon (can he...?) he could kidnap one of my character's Pokemon. Most likely Fay because she wouldn't try and kill him ;)
Which character would he kidnap otherwise...?

Charky-101: Okay, that makes one...

He'll either kidnap Maud or Dan, since Dan's like him, Cold and unreserved.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
He'll either kidnap Maud or Dan, since Dan's like him, Cold and unreserved.

Well, I think you should ask iLike2EatPies before you kidnap her characters. Better yet, we could make a small subplot about you kidnapping Dan, and getting caught. Then, we must rescue you before you're both 'disposed' of.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
Years
Well, I think you should ask iLike2EatPies before you kidnap her characters. Better yet, we could make a small subplot about you kidnapping Dan, and getting caught. Then, we must rescue you before you're both 'disposed' of.

Wait...whoops! I was looking at the wrong entry, I looked at the first sign up, thinking it was Mira's -_-' Not to mention they both have Umbreons

Sorry, Isabel or Umi (or Fay, you decide)

If Kage and (person) were kidnapped, it'd ruin the plot a little. Plus, the irony of a kidnapper getting kidnapped seems too ironic.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
Rentorar: Okay. The only thing is that Umi wouldn't allow herself to be captured... she would die trying to stay free (and she's not the best at convincing). Both Isabel and Fay have good and bad things for getting captured, and they both would be good at convincing him to join in different ways. If Fay is captured, Isabel would pretty much go on a rave searching for her, while if Isabel was captured and Fay and Umi were out for some reason (maybe all of them...?), they would hunt her down... and hunt him down. That would be interesting, but a bit complicated maybe?

iLike2EatPiez: Thanks :) I'll start working on the opening now.

wolfsrain23: Sorry, but I'm going to have to go ahead. Your character is still going to be in it, they will just automatically be a late arrival.

Mika: Sorry, but your character is going to have to be a late arrival as well.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
So, are we actually going to start as soon as you finish the starting post, or are you going to wait on more people?

Mira

restless spirit
Years
Well, people can join at any time, so I'm going to go ahead. Or do you have another suggestion?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I'm assuming that wasn't sarcasm / a rhetorical question, so I'll answer...

No, I can't see a better suggestion.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Oh, sorry. That wasn't sarcastic, but it kind of seems like it, doesn't it >.<
What's the region like? Mountainous? What are the towns called? What's Oran Valley like? I'll probably just start there and be one of the recruits, but, to do so, I need to know what it's like.

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
Years
Yay Done! Hope Im not too late SU took forever...

Name: Chris "Koji" Eaton
History:Originally born and raised in his hometown of Sootopolis, Chris's father was a respected Pokemon Referee and his mother was a Referee school teacher. To follow in their footsteps, Chris was sent daily by boat to Ever Grande City to study in a private school to be a Pokemon Referee Official. However, after witnessing Steven, a local hero, battle and win against the Elite Four, Chris developed a love for battling.

Like most of his friends who left a year before to become trainers, Chris wanted to depart to Littleroot Town to receive a Pokemon from Professor Birch. Chris's parents weren't fond of the idea of him giving up referee's school, and forbid him to travel to Littleroot.
One night, at the age of 14, Chris ran away from his house in Sootopolis and took a ship headed to a port just outside of Pallet Town.

During this time, Chris went by his middle name, Koji, as he traveled around the Kanto region, collecting the 8 badges of Kanto and catching many Pokemon along the way.After passing the qualifying round for the Kanto Pokemon League Tortament, Chris began using his real name throughout the tornament, and came in the Top 16, loosing to the soon would be champion. However, this move to use his real name came back to bite him, and as soon as the tournament was over, police officials attempted to capture Chris. But with the help of a few other trainers, Chris managed to escape.

After fleeing the Kanto region to Johto, Chris decided to enter the Jhoto league leaving all of his Pokemon except for his Totodile, due to the fear that they would identify him due to his team. He then traveled through the Johto region, and was able to collect all seven badges of Johto. Later, Chris was able to enter the Jhoto League Championship with his new team and, this time, under his allibi. Chris overcame many tough battles and came in the Top 4, loosing to a trainer named Maud. After learning she was traveling to the Katsu region, Chris followed, again switching up his team.

Chris soon started traveling through the Katsu region, collecting 3 badges. However, on the day the law was passed, Chris was caught in the middle of it. As soon as he had walked out of the gym, men in uniforms stormed into the base and seized the gym leader, as well as her Pokemon. Chris had no idea what was happening, and he soon was captured. However, since his Totodile was out of the ball, it used it's Ice Beam and Aqua Tail to break the chains. Chris quickly released his Pigeot, Silver, and flew out of the town.

A while later, he looked down and saw a group of trainers fighting some of the men in uniform. Deciding to help, Chris quickly leaped off of Silver and released his Pokemon, helping to fight off the men in uniform. After the battle was won, the trainers had informed Chris they were members of a group called "the Uprising." Chris had though about fleeing the Katsu region but after hearing the motives of the group and the details of the new law, Chris decided to put his quest on hold and help in "the Uprising's" cause

Personality:Although Chris can be rash in some situations, when Chris calms down and thinks things through. he is a brilliant tactician, most likely form his years spent at Referee's school (see history). But, If someone is able to get his too mad, he may loose his head.

Most of the time he switches between phases of extremely good luck and extremely bad luck, making him a firm believer in superstition. Sometimes, streaks of bad luck can make Chris seem like a bit of a klutz and may put him in some awkward situations, especially when it matters the most. Nevertheless, things seem, for the most part, to always work out.

Chris thinks that Pokeballs are more like "jail"(s) for Pokemon and tries to keep them out of their balls as much as possible. However, since the incident, he has kept them in more often for their own safety.

Even though Chris has captured many Pokemon, he is close to each one, knowing their strengths and weaknesses. His main reason to go to the Katsu region was not to start anew like in Johto, it was for the opportunity to become closer to his Pokemon.

Appearance: Chris mostly introduces himself by his middle name "Koji" (by fear of being found out by his parents), but his close friends and family calls him Chris.

Chris is approximately 5'11, an average size for his age. He is not skinny, but not very muscular as well. He has medium-long, light brown hair that spikes up in the front, flat on the top, and with smaller spikes on the back. His eyes are always a dark shade of blue.

Chris cannot be caught dead without a long sleeve shirt or his lucky red sleeved and black hooded sweatshirt with a red pokeball design on the front. He also owns a green backpack with a pokeball on the back.

Pokemon: (I may write some chapters/posts from the Pokemon's POV but I haven't decided yet)

Spoiler:

----

Pokemon at Pro. Elm's

---

Spoiler:

RP Sample: From Melancholy of the World: MD RP
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
Years
What's the region like? Mountainous? What are the towns called? What's Oran Valley like? I'll probably just start there and be one of the recruits, but, to do so, I need to know what it's like.

Okay. It isn't a very big place, even with all the farmland. It is completely surrounded by a forest except for one side which has a lake off it. It is very cut off from the rest of the region, so they are still in the process of responding to the new law. The town is called Oran Valley. The town is incredibly small. It has one general store, Pokemon Center (has not been torn down yet) and probably has only about a dozen families living there. They grow an assortment of berries there and that is what their economy is based off of because the soil there is incredibly fertile.

Anything else you specifically want to know?

wolfsrain23: I suppose I will edit the first entry to incorporate your character, but I have to let you know that most of the time you will not be able to get at the Pokemon at Pro. Elm's because in many places they no longer have PCs. Please post your character profile under the main thread now :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Okay. It isn't a very big place, even with all the farmland. It is completely surrounded by a forest except for one side which has a lake off it. It is very cut off from the rest of the region, so they are still in the process of responding to the new law. The town is called Oran Valley. The town is incredibly small. It has one general store, Pokemon Center (has not been torn down yet) and probably has only about a dozen families living there. They grow an assortment of berries there and that is what their economy is based off of because the soil there is incredibly fertile.

Anything else you specifically want to know?

Is the Center still in use? I hope yes and no. I'm typing my first post, and it takes place in the center. But it's more like an Inn or something; the Pokémon use of it has been abandoned. If you don't say that, I'll have to change my post around some. Not majorly, but some.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
The center is currently still in use, but there are people fighting to shut it down and there is not very good care in there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back