• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Fighting the Pokémon Extermination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kez_2007

..mmm.... Cookies....
Years
  • Greg tossed the ball in the air before it released a Grovyle with red leaves on it. The pokemon swung it's arm in a slashing motion and grinned.

"Wow, you certainly seem up for it!" he continued, "Could we have a rocky battlefield Kez?" said Greg, who was really just choosing at random.

"Heh No Problem
    "Set Battle Stadium..Execute!" The ground moved and Began to change once again, this time Greg had chosen the Battlefeild "Set Rocky Field ... Execute!"

The 4 machines at the corners of the stadium began to hum and glow and the area around them began to change, The land became brash and rocky, the small cliffs faded away to reveal Sturdy Boulders, the Rocky, dusty landscape came into full view, Surrounding them. "Guys... Meet Rocky!" as the ball was thrown high into the air a red light eminated from it and Rocky appeared amidst the dust.

The Gargantuan Pokemon arose From the Dust, Standing High above them all,Rocky Glanced at Bro, then turned his attention to the grovyle and the Gulpin "So who's first?" Kez asked, fire burning in his eyes.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • Things took an interesting turn. THe battle had evolved into a two-on-two. Matsuko watched closely, eager for the fight to begin.

"Set Rocky Field...Execute!"

Suddenly, Matsuko's attention was drawn to the corners of the room, where four machines began to glow and hum softly. Suddenly, the ground shifted below her; the hill she was sitting on shrank away, and she fell off of a boulder that emerged. She righted herself and took a perch on the rock, watching the field transform.

<Wow...I've never seen a gym that could do that...>

Her tail was twitching, and she caught herself sparking in excitement. THe four trainers were getting ready. She longed to see a battle in a real gym, and waited, sparks flying from her cheeks...
    ---------------------------
    "Come on, pick up! Hello! Anyone? Matsu? Hey! PICK UP!!"

He called frantically into the radio, praying that someone at the Pokemon Center would hear him and pick up the other radio left on the table...or, at least, that Matsuko had taken it with her...

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Beo was sitting outside the pokemon center on the chilly cold morning.. He was once again spinning Blaze's pokeball in between his fingers.

"Ahhh i've been here for two years now, you think the cold wouldn't bother me anymore" Beo said with a somewhat disgruntled look on his face.. It wasn't really the cold that was bothering him at all.. He then got up and walked into the pokemon center and then down to the gym where him and Kez had battled yesterday.

"So who's first?" Kez asked, fire burning in his eyes.

Ahh Kez was at it again, but Beo figured this may be a good time for Wags to learn some battle tactics by watching the fight. So Beo let Wags out and let him sit on his shoulder.

"Good luck Kez" Beo said still spinning the Blaze's pokeball in his hand.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • "GODDAMMIT!!"

Ikiji replaced the radio in his coat. Moved along the snowy cliff, looking for something.

After a few minutes, he found it.

One of the PXS soldiers had wandered off on his own. Ikiji watched his path, and when he vanished around an outcropping, Ikiji made his move.

After a bit of navigating, he managed to get near the soldier. There was a small shack there, but the soldier was walking to the side of it. He was armed, but fortunately didn't seem to have any pokeballs. Ikiji followed. He picked up a rock, got ready, and threw it. It hit the soldier in the head. He turned, and stormed out into the open, aiming his gun. After a few seconds, he lowered his gun.

"Nice try, guys. Can I get a little privacy here, maybe?"

He turned around, and locked eyes with Ikiji, who had hidden in the shed.

"Um..."

Ikiji slammed a heavy wrench into the man's head; he crumpled into a heap. Ikiji dragged him into the shed.

A few minutes later, Ikiji emerged, now clad in the PXS uniform. He picked up the gun that had fallen on the ground.

"Now then, let's see just how much damage we can cause..."

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
  • Sar didn't reply to him, busy thinking to herself. She barely even noticed when he separated himself from her and made his way back to his own room with the help of his Scyther. Tugging thoughtfully on her earring, she looked around. She was in a Pokemon center in the middle of a particularly freezing nowhere, surrounded by people whom she was sure were members of a rebellious group.

Originally, her plan had been to get to the coast and stow away on a ship or something, crossing over to another region and therefore escaping the new law. But what would she do then? She had next to no money, a gun and bullets she had found in her father's room and two Pokemon that weren't all that good at fighting. That future was uncertain at best.

On the other hand, if she joined the Uprising group, she would stay in the country, opposing the government. She like the sound of that. What she didn't like the sound of was getting herself and her Pokemon killed because they were going up against a whole region. And they were certainly going to give her orders as well... Damn.

So, uncertain death in the unknown, or almost certain death in the known. Sar ran a hand through her hair. She had to consult her Pokemon - after all, they were the reason she was going through all this in the first place. Unhooking her Pokeballs from her belt, she pressed the button which caused it to open. A white light erupted from inside, forming into two, small brown shapes. One was a Ratatta named Burr, the other a Hoothoot called Tock. Tock yawned widely - or as widely as she could with a beak as small as she had. Sar smiled slightly, ruffling their respective fur and feathers fondly. Coming from her, this was a 'job well done', a 'thank you' and an 'are you hungry?' all in one.

"Two choices. Go to the coast or join the Uprising. Which one?" She crouched down and murmured to them, holding two fingers up. Both Pokemon considered it for a while. Both Pokemon didn't like the idea of going to another region to slowly die, so both Pokemon picked the second finger. They were perfectly synchronized. Sar sighed, and shrugged her acquiescence. They were in with the Uprising then. Personally, she would've gone to the coast, but her Pokemon hath spoken, and it was two against one. Then Burr spied a boy trudging down the steps with a shockingly gloomy aura. Shockingly, because Sar recognized him as the guy that dragged her around the Pokemon center yesterday and ordered food for her.

She almost expected it when Burr scampered up to the boy and his Houndoom, making himself comfortable on his shoulder without a pause. Tock settled herself on Sar's shoulder as she walked towards him.

"Burr..." she trailed off warningly, casuing the rat to scamper down before climbing up and once again settling on Sar's other shoulder. She rolled her eyes before focussing on the guy again. "What's up? What's your name, anyway?" She asked bluntly, seating herself opposite from him.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Josh almost crapped himself when a Rattata jumped onto his shoulder. He looked up to see the girl that had wandered in yesterday, the one that had snapped at him. The girl said something, like... burn? Josh wasn't really in a caring-sharing mood right now. The Rattata ran off and ran back up the girl's shoulder, settling on the other side of a Hoothoot.

"What's up?" She asked, sitting on the other side of Josh. "What's your name, anyways?"

"Joshua, and my sister's being a bit-," he mumbled softly. He cleared his throat and said a little louder, "Josh. Josh's my name. And yours?"

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
  • Sar stared at the boy, who mumbled something before clearing his throat. "Josh. Josh's my name. And yours?"

Sar kept staring at Josh for a longer time than was comfortable, weighing his stance and expression. He was obviously in a bad mood, and it showed exactly how nice he usually was that he even replied to her question. And that he had asked her name back, although he didn't look all too interested. For a moment, she considered giving him one of her many fake names before deciding against it. She thought he probably deserved more than that.

"Sar," she grunted. Burr looked at her in surprise, waving his cut-off tail. Tock just kept staring at the boy and the Fire Pokemon, giving them a low hoot. Sar rested her elbow in the desk and her head in her hand, staring at him. She was tempted to ask if he was in the Uprising but decided against that as well. He didn't look like he wanted to discuss bloody revolutions at the moment anyhow.

"Lovely waether, isn't it?" She said sarcastically, gesturing at the blizzard blowing outside. Burr gaped at her in even more surprise. His owner was not one for idle chitchat at all, or for being friendly. She was trying really hard - which was another thing she didn't do very often.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2009
    Kensai emerged from his room, fully energized and ready for more training. He trudged past the two pokemon trainers without saying a word, his Scyther and Black Trapinch close behind. He was very grateful for the female trainer helping him out earlier but he had to keep his hard persona on, he would not allow himself to get close to anyone, he already had a little bit of a bond with tabby but he couldnt allow any more exceptions he had to stay a loner.

As he was heading to the door to head outside and train he noticed the weather was too poor for any real training to be done. He sighed and sat down on a near by bench, thinking of what to do next. There was always the option of catching another pokemon, but again the weather would be dreadful to go through to find one. He couldn't train, he couldn't catch a pokemon, He was stuck here, with nothing to do while his enemy could be getting stronger at that very moment. He felt so powerless, so worthless.

Scyther noticed the look on Kensai's face and came over and rested its head on his shoulder. Kensai was grateful for his partner, who had always been by his side through thick and thin. His dad used to call them "the dynamic duo" at the thought of this kensai smiled. He began thinking about old memories he has of him and his dad before he was taken while he lied down on his back on a near by couch.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • He tried the radio one last time. He pratically screamed into it.

"SOMEONE?! ANYONE! ANSWER ME! PLEASE!"

He had to inform the Uprising. If this didn't work, he'd have no choice but to abandon his plan and return.

"COME ON! PLEASE!"

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2009
    While kensai was lying there he heard a voice coming from a nearby radio that was sitting on a table. He went over and picked it up. "Hello? Who is this?"

He asked surprised at this new development.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • "YES! THANK YOU! My name is Ikiji; I was at the base ealier, but I went out to scout out the PXS camp."

He took a deep breath.

"We have a very big problem. I've found the PXS camp. It's not just some small invasion force! There has to be at least a hundred of them! And they're not just grunts either; these guys have guns, and pokeballs, and...and..."

He tried to calm himself.

"They have a tank! A goddamn TANK! As in the big ones with the really big guns on them!"

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2009
    Kensai's eyes widened at the news. "Whats your location? ill head out there immediately!" He was already running back to his room and grabbing supplies. He grabbed his Rather long knife and strapped it to his side. He grabbed a pair of benoculers he had found, and put them in his bag. Grabbing a few more things he put them all in his back pack, dressed warmly and in dark clothing and left his room. "Wait...is this the trainer who owns that pikachu thats around here? Do you want me to bring it with me?" He didn't necessarily trust this trainer but if what he said was true he would need all the help he could find.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • "No! Stay there, tell the others! I think I can slow the tank down, but it's critical that the Uprising find out ASAP! I'm going to stay here and do as much as I can. I'll call back when I'm on my way! Once the rest of the Uprising knows, contact me again. I'm going to watch and wait for now."

He finally understood. He understood why everyone was fighting so hard.

The PXS weren't just satisfied with trying to defeat the Uprising.

They were trying to annihilate them.

He looked at the hulking steel death machine.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2009
    Kensai growled back into the speaker. "Now you listen here! I will tell everyone about what is coming, but after I do im coming to help slow them down, I will show them the meaning of what fear really is!" He stormed off to find any trainers he could.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • The trainer on the other end replied with a snarl, then hung up. He said he would come after he alerted the Uprising.

"Damn..."

He had enough confidence in his abilities that he thought he could cause some damage on his own, but he really didn't want to hold the hand of some inexperienced trainer who thought he could fight them single-handedly.

He looked again out at the soldiers. He was confident he could sneak among them and do some damage himself, but he hoped that the other trainer knew as much. With a force like this, a direct attack was suicide. If he was caught, he was dead. But he wouldn't be caught.

A sudden roar filled the air. Ikiji looked ofr the source, and found several large-bed trucks entering the camp. Several had closed tops, others were open. There were large machines atop some of them. Upon zooming in with his binoculars, he saw several more vehicles, including what looked like mobile artillery, ATV's, and choppers. The PXS were bringing them into the camp via truck due to the blizzard; Ikiji prayed it would remain, and thus leave the vehicles useless during the battle. But before that, he'd have to find a way to slow them down.

He headed into the camp.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2009
    Kensai frantically looked for the fastest way to alert everyone. Then he remembered, pokemon centers had intercoms. He ran to the front desk and found the intercom and clicked the button.

"ATTENTION ATTENTION, THE ENEMY HAS BROUGHT TOGETHER A LARGE FORCE FOR THE PURPOSE OF ELIMINATING THE RESISTANCE! PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR BATTLE! I REPEAT PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR BATTLE!" As soon as he had finished announcing this, He put his two pokemon into their balls and left the pokemon center. He didn't know exactly where the camp was but he did remember the general direction of where that trainer had headed a while back. Kensai then turned and headed off that way hoping to make it in time.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • Matsuko heard the alarm.

A large force?

Then she remembered that Ikiji had gone to scout out the enemy. If the Uprising knew, he'd've been the one to tell them. Which would mean...

<Damn...> She leapt off the rock and hurried out of the gym. She wanted to see that battle, but this was far more important.

<Kij, don't you DARE die on me now...>

She dashed for the entrance, but when she got outside, she saw that other trainer from before, the one with the Trapinch. Figuring he must've been the one to raise the alarm, and guessing he must be on his way to where Ikiji was, she ran after him.
    ------------------
    He had to fight his fear. The soldiers looked at him, but thanks to his uniform, he was spared suspicion. Now he just had to get to the tank, when he heard a loud voice tear through the camp.

"LISTEN UP! THE ATTACK BEGINS TOMORROW AT MIDNIGHT! WE WILL HAVE A BRIEFING FOR THE ASSAULT TOMORROW AT 0700 SHARP! MAKE YOUR FINAL PREPARATIONS! THAT IS ALL!"

Midnight tomorrow. That was when the attack would begin. There wasn't much time.

He quickened his pace.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2009
    As kensai was making his way through the rough weather he noticed something was following him. He quickly grabbed his knife and turned with it ready to strike. He noticed it was the pikachu from before. He put the knife away and looked down at it. "You coming to help to? do you think you could help me find where your trainer is?" He knew some pokemon and trainers had developed a special bond that made it easier for them to find each other, he just hoped it was the same with this one.

(if i get to kill some of these trainers ima take their pokemon >_<)

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • The man turned when she drew close. He held a knife.

<Oh, put that thing away, you imbecile!> Even though she knew he couldn't understand her.

"You coming to help to? do you think you could help me find where your trainer is?"

Oh, I'll find him...but only because I need to tell him what an idiot he is before he gets himself killed.

She recalled the direction Ikiji had gone in. She set off.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2009
    Kensai followed the pikachu as fast as he could. He had to be careful to keep it in sight in this weather. He would have worried about being spotted by the enemy but in this weather it was very unlikely that they would be able to see him until he got close. He would definatly take advantage of that situation. I dont know weather i should be happy or mad that its taking this long to get to their base! He thought to himself as he followed the tiny electric pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back