• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Fighting the Pokémon Extermination

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
  • He predicted my move! He's...reading my mind....ha....hahaha....hahahaha.....HAHAHAHA!

She stopped her attack, and looked up at the Psychic pokemon. She had an evil grin. <You want something to read? How about this...>

And she forced herself to remember. She remembered the screaming...she remembered the flash and boom of the gunshots...the blood, everywhere.....the fire, burning, intense, trying to cleanse her of life....most of all, she remembered the fear, the overwhelming fear...she was going to die...she knew it...the men were going to kill her....fear....fear....overwhelming, all-encompassing fear...

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2009
    The thoughts Pikachu were remembering would have effected Meditite but about that time vulpix slammed into it knocking it out of the way and stopping it right before it reached those memories. A grin crossed its face. Its hand began to glow as it thrust its palm forward. As it did a large palm made of energy shot towards the pikachu who was busy thinking about its past. Even if Meditite didn't use mind reader to predict how pikachu would dodge, it was so preoccupied by those terrible memories there was no way it could dodge.
    (OOC: mind reader made the attack undodgable, meditate made its attack power rise and its special ability doubles its attack power during battles so this is one undodgable beast of an attack)

Vibrava turned its attention back to the vulpix who had just attacked. "Fine, Vibrava use Sand tomb!" Its eyes began to glow as a large rotating sand pit appeared under the vulpix who must have stopped its movement when it hit the meditite.

Years
  • Kyndle saw the pit open up underneath her and used what little momentum she had to grab the edge of it.

<I. Am. Not. Going. To. Lose. Again.> she ground out as she climbed out of the sand tomb.

She ran towards the vibrava. While she was running, she used her anger to heat her up enough to produce a ring of fire spinning around her. She jumped as high as she could in order to be level with the vibrava, then shot the ring at him. Just as it came into contact with the flying pokemon the fire blast exploded.

Yes!

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • The Vulpix slammed into the Meditite, breaking it's mind-read and stopping the memories rom reaching it. She felt the force of the attack, and knew she couldn't dodge it. She made one last act. She channeled what was left of her power into a single bolt, and sent a massive wall of electricity roaring outwards.

THe surge flew outwards at an alarming rate...the Vibrava would almost certainly be hit, even if it retreated using dig...she focused the attack to clear a gap for the Vulpix, but sealed it at the last minute...Vibrava had sand-trapped the Vulpix, grounding it and protecting it from the charge...and the Meditite...she knew he would dodge it, but she had one last surprise for him...she'd saved a bit of her power and launched a Thunder...as soon as the Meditite reappeared, she'd nail it with her Thunder, the instant before it's attack landed...

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2009
    (OOC: lolz vulpix got out of the trap so it got hit too >_< )

The fire exploded around Vibrava. The blast sent it flying into the ground. It started to stand up, using every bit of will power it had to do so. But as it did a wave of electricity shot towards it, hitting it hard, knocking it out.

Meditite didn't have enough energy for another detect AND an attack. As the thunder was shooting down, It reared its arm back and shot another force palm towards the pikachu. Right after it released its attack the thunder hit knocking it out. The energy palm rushed towards the pikachu.

(http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/307.shtml lol i just noticed, force palm has 100% accuracy >_< )

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • That was it. Meditite was down. Vibrava was down. Vulpix had freed itself from the pit, and in moments, it would be down, too.

The force roared towards her. There was nothing she could do to stop or avoid it. She laughed maniacally, as she stood tall. She raised her head to the sky and extended her arms, as though welcoming the attack...

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • (it means taking temporary control of someone else's chara. and it WAS epic...total draw lol. It's late as dirt, so we'll deal with the aftermath tomorrow, okay?)

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
  • ((Ooc: As a fellow rper, I have to say: please stop posting pure ooc posts on this thread. Or try to tone it down.))

"Wow, five of you," she commented, she grinned awkwardly at the Pokemon. She wasn't all too good with people. And she was already being too nice for her own good. Burr read the thought on her face, and chuckled quietly, shaking his head. She shot him an exasperated look. Oh, be quiet. This caused him to laugh at her even more, so Sar just huffed and looked back at Josh. He seemed to feel a bit better - at least he was smiling. But she was beginning to feel especially uncomfortable after calling him a 'good guy', even though she could tell he was. She had better get out of there before she turned into one of those sappy, comforting and pathetic girls in the movies.

"You, Josh, are a nice guy," She looked into his eyes. Damn, this is already so sappy. But it is true. I should be mortified about saying this to a complete stranger. And I am. But not as much as I should be. Her thoughts were making her nervous. She plowed on ahead anyhow, dropping her voice slightly out of embarrassment. "Listen, the world would be a better place if there were more people like you," God, I hope it doesn't sound as lame to him as it does to me... But anybody who really knew her - which consisted of a small group made of two Pokemon; Tock and Burr - would know that she never wasted words, and never lied if she could help it.

She was suddenly feeling very hot under the collar. The boy better have appreciated her company, because she was getting really embarrassed about being this cheesy. She couldn't even look him in the eye anymore, and if she couldn't do that, what was the point of even talking? Sar coughed to clear her throat.

"So, I gotta go. I'm starving like hell," she said by way of explanation. Getting up, she dusted herself off. Of course, Tock stayed where she was, and Burr was busy getting himself acquainted with Josh's Pokemon, so she let them be. They deserved it after all their hard work.

"By the way," she started, her back turned, "if you ever tell anybody about this conversation, I will cheerfully beat you to a pulp," She turned around to give him a lopsided smile to soften the words before walking off towards Nurse Joy.

Tock's attention had immediately shifted when the Houndoom had evaded her question. She stared unblinkingly into his owner's eyes, willing him to understand her.
    <You got paint?> She hooted in a low monotone.

Burr sniffed the other Pokemon, noticing a small Raichu next to the table. But it wasn't one of Josh's, so he ignored it. <Hey-ho, Sar's just embarrassed. She's really a gentle soul - if not usually a gentle person.> He acknowledged. <What about you?>

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    "Well, four plus a new one, and, thank you," Josh laughed. Sar looked a little uncomfortable, but Josh didn't really care. She was being nice, and that was all that mattered. Her Pokémon seemed to be enjoying the show though, and were laughing in their own Pokémon-y way. Sar turned red, looked down and coughed. Josh smiled and bowed his head as well as he felt his cheeks grow hot.

"So, I gotta go. I'm starving like hell," she said hastily, standing up and dusting herself off. She left her Pokémon where they were, they didn't really look interested in following her anyways.

"Oh, okay, sure," Josh nodded. He looked over at his own Pokémon, smiling. They were discussing something. Hopefully not the awkward situation Josh and Sar just went through.

"By the way," she continued. Josh looked back up at her, "if you ever tell anybody about this conversation, I will cheerfully beat you to a pulp," She finished with a funny smile and walked off.

"I'll try to remember that," Josh laughed again. He felt his stomach rumble a little, he hadn't eaten before when Ashi told him the first time to go downstairs, just stood by the door and listened. I'll get something later, he decided.

<Why paint?> Bon asked again, but the Hoothoot ignored her, repeating her <You got paint?> over and over again. The Leafeon rolled his eyes, yawning.

<This avian is an artist, no doubt,> Knight said, <and probably needs to release the creative impulse inside her.>

<Whatever,> Stone yawned. <The only thing creative I've got it some rocks and some water from Water Pulse. And maybe my steel plate needs some spiffy up if you want. But you have to come over here, I'm not moving.> The Lairon grinned stupidly.

<Feathers, that's all I have,> Alex nodded in agreement. <Probably longer than yours, and you can make more stuff with it. Oh, and Toxic, but you'd need to be careful playing with that.>

<Well, I have some fire I could try to mould to lava and cool that?> Bon suggested, shrugging.

<... Grasswhistle, synthesis, energy ball and magical leaf,> the Leafeon yawned again.

<Add the Water and the Toxic sludge and the Lava, and we could make some paste,> Knight said. <Then using leaves from my Leaf Blade, make the colour a green colour. And then use dear Alex's feather's to do some kind of design? And with Mr. Lee's Synthesis, we could make it clearer, and Magical Leaf could always make beautiful colours. Also, soldifing Energy Balls can make beautiful effects. Does that seem efficient?>

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • Ikiji was the first one to come to his senses. He climbed dizzily to his feet and looked around.

The gym was in shambles. Everyone, trainer and pokemon alike, was out cold. Matsu had been knocked out by the Meditite's last Force Palm, and everyone else had been fried by her last-ditch electric attack.

His body still ached from the shock. He managed to make his way over to Kensai, then the other trainer. They were breathing, fortunately.

He went to the bathroom and got two buckets of icy water. He returned to the gym and dumped one on Kensai, the other on the female trainer. While they recovered, he repeated the process with Kensai's Meditie and Vibrava (but taking care to skip Matsu and the Vulpix.)

He shook the Vulpix gently, and she opened her eyes. He went over and knelt by Matsu, and tapped her. She didn't stir. He shook her, and she still didn't stir.

With no other choice, he retrieved one more bucket of water, but made sure to stand well back before tossing it on her. On contact, a massive discharge of electricity burst from her, and electricity surged around her. After a few moments, the energy dissipated, and she started to wake up.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2009
    Kensai Jumped up as the Cold water hit him. As he looked around it seemed as though everyone else was about in the same state he was. He looked down as he was standing up and noticed that the mudkip and treeko that were pestering him earlier were still knocked out. They looked pretty injured. Kensai sighed as he pulled out pokeballs and returned all his pokemon to their balls. He then reached down and picked up the mudkip and Treeko and began heading to the door. "Good battle guys, im going to get these two some medical treatment." With that he went upstairs and Found Nurse Joy and handed the pokemon to her and explained what had happened.

"You guys need to be more careful! these two here are still VERY young and cant handle all the attacks your other pokemon can!" Her and her chansey rushed them to the emergency room. Kensai found a seat outside the emergency room and sat down and began to wait to make sure the two pokemon were alright. This is why I told them they shouldnt be following me! if they do they are just going to get hurt...

Sweet Dreams

Years
  • ((OOC:Wolfsrain: I'm just randomly guessing Dile is a Pokemon, and a Totodile. If that's wrong, completely ignore that part of my post))

Just after Sar ordered enough food to feed the PXS army, she heard a loud bang from the basement. She decided that it was probably the Uprising, and since her Pokemon wanted her to join their 'cause', she went towards the source after she finished wolfing down the meal. At this rate, her bony stature would never change.

The gym looked as if somebody had dropped a large bomb in the center of the floor. She arrived in time to see an unfamiliar guy throw clod water over the other unconscious bodies. There had obviously been a battle, but Sar couldn't see a victor. Perhaps it was a tie?

She kept watching as he finally threw water over a burnt-looking Pikachu, making sure to stand well back. Idiots. Why on earth would you fight just to wear yourself out and injure yourself? She sighed before wlaking towards the first guy. She should probably make her decision official. Part of her hoped that they would reject her and let her continue on with her original plan, as naive and impossible as it was.

"You're part of the Uprising," she stated. It wasn't a question, it was a fact. "How do I sign up?"

Then she felt something tugging at her pants, causing her to look down. A Raichu looked back up at her, hope shining in its eyes.

"Rai," it cried out happily.

After a while of persistent badgering, Tock decided that the owner probably wouldn't understand her anytime soon. She just hopped, twisting her head in time to the seconds passing by before she tuned in to the other owner's Pokemon's conversation.

<Solidifing Energy Balls can make beautiful effects. Does that seem efficient?> Knight asked her. She stared at him unblinkingly.

<What are you talking about? Weirdos.> She commented distantly before looking away and staring at a chair for a while. Burr shrugged apologetically at the other Pokemon.

<That's Tock - she's really strange. Don't mind her.> He said before a Totodile randomly jumped in, yelling.

<Yo! What's happening here?>

<Yo? Who're you?> Burr asked him in reply.

The Raichu just turned to leave, following the path of the girl he had seen. When she went up to the guy who he had battled before and asked him to join the group, Raichu made up his mind that he would join the girl. She had been awkwardly comforting the guy before, and that had sparked respect from the Electric Pokemon. He padded up to her and yanked on her pants a few times.

<Can I join you? Fight with you? Please?> He asked.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • As Ikiji watched Matsuko awaken, he heard a voice behind him.

"You're part of the Uprising. How do I sign up?"

Ikiji turned; it was a woman. He noticed the Raichu he'd freed following her. He smiled at Ikiji and looked up at the woman, and said something. After a moment, Ikiji answered the girl.

"Good question. Technically, I am not yet a member of the Uprising, though with everything I have done, I might as well be."

He stretched. "I believe we must ask the leader, Isabel I think her name was; however, I do not think she is here at the moment. She left some time ago, and I have not seen her since."

He looked at her curiously. "Why do you want to join- nevermind, it's none of my business, I suppose. There is not much you can do at the moment, unfortunately." He pointed towards the other two trainers, who were just waking up. "They are both members, though I do not know if the have the authority to admit new members."

He looked at the Raichu, who was gazing at the woman longingly. "I see the Raichu we freed has decided who he wants to fight with." He said with a smirk.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2009
    The light on the door to the emergency room went off. Kensai jumped up and ran in. Why am i so concerned about these two? THEY were the ones that wouldn't leave ME alone!

He went in and found the two lying in beds side by side with their eyes closed. "I am sorry you two, I should have thought to make sure you were a safe distance away..." He said to the two young pokemon. Suddenly their eyes shot open and they jumped on to Kensai, Treeko climbing onto his head, and mudkip some how managed to get onto his shoulder. "Hahaha woah haha take it easy!" He was surprisingly thankful they were ok.

About that moment a thought crossed his mind, These two are so young and weak right now that there is no way they would be able to survive on their own in the wild...oye i guess this means i should prepair them for that...

Kensai walked outside, the storm had calmed down. He released all his pokemon who stared at him trying not to laugh at the site of the two young pokemon climbing all over him.

"Okay guys, for now these two are going to be joining our team. I need your help training them and prepairing them for battles!" He grabbed the two pokemon and set them on the ground.

"Hmm I have an idea... Treeko, you and Scyther are going to play a game of tag!" Scythers expression after hearing this made it very obvious what it was thinking. "Tag??? You want us to play...TAG?!?" Kensai laughed at his partners expression.
    "This won't be normal tag, Treeko, Scyther, both of you will be playing tag while using quick attack, Treeko you will be chasing after Scyther using quick attack, Trying to tag him. Scyther, Do not go easy on her, this is for training, you should show her the kinds of speeds she can reach!" The bug pokemon nodded and motioned for the Treeko to follow it.

"Hmm...Mudkip...I have an idea! Vibrava, you will fly around above Mudkip, while you are doing that, she will begin trying to hit you with her watergun attack!" Vibrava didn't like the idea of being a target for another pokemon but it decided to go along with it. It flew high into the air and called down to the mudkip that it was ready.

Scyther shot forward, momentarily stunning the tiny treeko with its speed. A few moments later, Treeko began chasing after the Scyther, coming no where close to catching it.

Mudkip wasn't doing much better, Its watergun attacks were always shot where Vibrava was not where it was going to be.

Meditite had already decided to do some of its own training. It found a large rock and began focusing its mind on it. It seemed as though it was trying to learn a new move.

Kensai sat down on a near by bench, content with the site of his team training hard.

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • <Yo? Who're you?> One of the Pokemon asked him in reply.

<What you don't know me!?> Dile exclaimed with a slight hint of disappointment in his voice, perhaps from a blow to his ego. A Raichu turned and left during Dile's entrance, driving the stake in deeper. Shrugging it off, he quickly turned to see a Raticate standing in front of him whom had adressed the question. The Pokemon must of been one of the new trainer's Pokemon because Dile hadn't seen him around anywhere before. <I'm Dile,> Dile replied, bringing a claw up to his chest. <I'm the best battler here and top->

<-Idiot.> Sakura, Chris' Pikachu, interrupted, finishing the sentence and pushing Dile away before he could protest. <Sorry about that> Sakura said to the Raticate in a sincere voice and with a smile. <I'm Sakura.> She cocked her head to the side. <I haven't seen you around here before, you new to the Uprising?>

(OOC: Short but sweet)

(SweetD: Burr's the Raticate, right? :))

Sweet Dreams

Years
  • ((OOC: Yep, Burr's the Raticate.))

Sar just grunted and shrugged to the new information. She was proud of her grunts - they could mean anything at all. Her Pokemon had somehow managed to decipher all of her grunts in the time they'd known her, however, which she found odd. So the Uprising did not accept anybody who would join them, apparently. Which probably meant that they would either have some weird loyalty test or time period of probation - or they actually did just let in anybody who decided to fight. Sar really hoped that they weren't that stupid; if she were part of an organization facing the government and another, larger and better supplied organization, she wouldn't trust outsiders too much.

Also, the leader was female. She had mixed feelings about that - women could be very cold and cruel beings, or warm and passionate. Both types didn't quite sit well with Sar. The term "leader" didn't sit well with Sar either, but she could stifle the flare of resentment at the mere thought of orders... probably.

"Why do you want to join- never mind, it's none of my business, I suppose. There is not much you can do at the moment, unfortunately. They are both members, though I do not know if the have the authority to admit new members." He pointed to the others who were knocked out before. Sar raised an eyebrow. A natural busybody, she couldn't help thinking. She overruled herself even while the thought occurred. His eyes had a slightly haunted look, and seemed older than his years. A person with a past. Great; just what we need.

He had also battled fiercely with the members, although he said that he didn't know if they could admit new members. Which also meant that he didn't think to ask before or during their little exercise.

He looked down at the Raichu which had suddenly yanked on her long-shorts. "I see the Raichu we freed has decided who he wants to fight with," he smirked. Sar squatted until she could look into the Pokemon's eyes without craning her neck.

"You know this guy?" She asked, mumbling a little and jerking her head in his direction. The Raichu nodded, giving an affirmative cry. She stood up again - the guy couldn't be too bad, she decided. I'll keep an eye on him. Guys with pasts are usually easy to manipulate.

"My name's Sar. Yours?" She asked, staring back into his eyes.

Burr gaped at him bemusedly as the Water Pokemon was shocked at first before he started a extraordinarily arrogant speech when the Pikachu interrupted him. How many of the Electric Mouse Pokemon here were there?

<Sorry about that. I haven't seen you around here before. You new to the Uprising?> She asked, smiling. Burr's half-tail twitched nervously.

<Not exactly. We want to join up. Do we have to do something, like a test or do we just get to join?> He asked anxiously. Obviously, he and Sar were on the same wavelength. <Well, when I say "we", I mean me and Tock over there,> he pointed to the Hoothoot who was having fun staring at the chair, <so we convinced Sar to join us up. Sar's our trainer - she's really nice, although you wouldn't know it at first.> He explained.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back