• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Liberating the Katsu Region [OOC Thread]

Tuxedo Clank

So laid back he is horizontal
Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    A few things. Firstly, when will this RP start? Secondly, I would like to reserve a place conditionally. The problem is I am going on holiday tomorrow and I don't know if I can get to a computer there. Can you keep my space for 3 days. If I haven't replied by then you can assume I am computerless. This seems like a great RP and I would be sad to miss it. Anyway, cya around (Hopefully).

King!

better
    Years
  • Meh. I'll try, Mira. xD I haven't called you that in so long. Anyways, little Kingy will think. And yeah, since I leave for camp in about a week.... less than, (I still don't know how), I shouldn't be able to start until the second week of August. Maybe. Depending on what that is. ^_^; But yeah, I'll think...

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Tuxedo Clank: The RP will start whenever, oh, ten people or so get their SUs up (assuming that mine's up as well ^.^'). It'll be relatively easy to jump in later, especially near the beginning, so I wouldn't worry. Anywho, you're reserved :P

Kingo!: Haha, I'll just reserve you for now, then ;3

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • May I place a reserve (permitting they are spots left)? If so, I will attempt to get a SU up by this evening (following my work day).

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Raikiri: You're reserved. Can't wait to see what you come up with :D

EVERYONE: If you have been accepted, you may post your SU on the main thread.

Adâm1

The Lion's Share
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 2, 2013
    Name: Adam Garett de Locke
    Appearance:
    Adam has dark, neat, medium-short brown hair, which is kept in a good condition in most circumstances, but naturally this is not always the case. He has unusually pale skin, and his face is sprinkled with freckles, particularly around the nose and eyes. His lips are a few shades darker than his skin, and they are thin and medium-widthed. His teeth are a natural off-white, and he has a slight overbite, but nothing overly noticable. His eyes are grey towards the outside of the iris, melting into a soft brown towards the pupil. His jaw is thin-ish and his cheekbones are set lower down in his face than normal. He has a gaunt, light set face. When he speaks, it is with clarity and confidence with a soft French accent.

He is medium-tall in height, standing around an inch above other people. He is lean but not thin, and his arms reach down to his waist, with his long, slender, elegant hands going down slightly further. His fingers reflect his overall hand shape, being long, dainty and elegant, and his nails are sharp and pointed while remaining reasonably well trimmed. He has a single cut below the nail on the ring finger. He does not have a noticeable six-pack or anything of that like, but his ribs give a slight bulge through his chest, and his chest is riddled with bullet scars.

A lot of his height comes from his legs, but not so much to make him look gangly. His legs are similiar to his arms; long, elegant and graceful, whilst being thick enough to support the rest of his body. His ankles are relatively thick, and leadd to a wide and long foot, with short toes with normal nails. His legs are somewhat devoid of hair, but ther eis still a small amount.

He usually wears a burgundy trenchcoat, with black, unmarked shoulderpads, which is buttoned up over his torso, with long sleeves that go down to his wist. When he wears this, nothing is seen of the long sleeved shirt, either balck or burgundy in colour, always cotton, and always with white wrists. He wears black denim jeans and white cotton socks, with black-and-orange walking shoes. He carries a lot of his belongings either in his pockets or in a grey zip-up backpack which he carries... On his back. In colder weather, he wears black gloves and a black scarf both made of cotton, and in warmer weather, he removes the trenchcoat.

Personality:

Haughty. Cold. Intelligent. Adam is all of these and more. His years in service to the Secret Flame has left him with a personality adapted to hard times in guerilla fighting and a deep mistrust of strangers. He can seem cruel and extreme to other people, but he would say it is what is necessary. He has lived too long to give other people the benefit of the doubt, and too long to know that people are, in fact good. Or so he believes. He has a love of control over any situation possible- often using fire to get his way over anything.

His intelligence is unusually high, and is in itself unusual. For whilst he is brilliant at mathematics, science, etc. what he truly excels at is no science or practical matter- it is matters of the soul, and electification. For the words from Adam's mouth and mind are enough to inspire or intimidate many men into doing as he says, or to fight for their cause with a ferocity that is matched by few- with a religious fervor and conviction, his tasks will be completed with a force to reckon with.

He seems to emanate fear, with a steely silence and a gaze that strikes fear into the hearts of any man, no matter how strong the willpower of said man. His icy resolve leads many to admire him for what he does- or fear him for what he can do. Indeed, his abilities as a strategist and tactician are good, but not legendary- he is a better solo operator than a team worker, but he can work with others if needs be.

But he is not all the cold individual he seems to be- indeed, the fact he has joined The Uprising at least shows a shred of evidence for this. He does care deeply for his Pokemon, and would do most anything to provide for them, thought he would say that this is because he owes them his life many times over rather than anything else, or the truth- that he does in fact truly love them. Those who he judges worthy of respect have his undying loyalty- after all, what can you give if not your life for another? He can be kind and caring to those he respects as friends, but the fact he meets very few who he deems worthy of his respect leads general consensus to be that he is a dark and silent, shadowy figure. But he rarely has the chance to show a softer side- a side that in reality, just wants to spend time with someone, just to talk, and just to be friends with. He is a passionate and dutiful writer and reader, and this is reflected in his speeches and general charisma.

He loves classical music and timeless, ancient books that others would readily burn. He has thrown himself into literature long since abandoned by mankind, and despises trashy, cheap books. He is known to love beautiful and passionate art, and he respects pieces in which the artist pour their heart and soul into. He is also known to have a sweet tooth and an unusual love of flying types. His ideal evening would be sitting in an armchair next to a roaring fire with a good book and some music softly playing in the backround, surrounded by his beloved Pokemon.

Background:
    Adam was born into a poor and difficult lifestyle- for the first five years of his life, it took all his wits just to survive in the slums of Saffron City's poor district which is generally kept hidden form public view. His parents always thought of him as useless- in the slums, it was better to be strong than smart, and Adam was more agile than aggressive. Eventually, at the age of thriteen, he was illegally sold to the Secret Flame, a secretive group who were known as assassins, thieves and spies. At first, he resented the training they forced upon him, but later accepted the fact- this was his life. This is all it's ever going to be. After this, he excelled, revelling in the use of espionage, stealth and shadow that fitted him just perfectly. He was paired with a Skarmory named Firehawk- as his first partner, his frist true friend, he loved it beyond anything else in the world.

Slowly, he learnt to love murder- the glee he fealt hearing his victims heartbeat quicken as they felt him draw near, the suspense of the chase, and finally, finally, the sweet joy that came from a kill. He was degrading into a primal hunter- and he had no idea. Then Marcia came along.

Marcia was like a sister to Adam. From age eighteen, the pair were inseparable, completing missions together, spending time together, and training with and against each other. Almost never they fought, and when they did, it was over some trivial thing that soon no longer mattered. Eventually, Marcia revealed she had feelings for Adam- feelings he felt he wasn't capable of. Though this drove a wedge between them, eventually Adam seceded and tried a relationship. But as any hunter knows, love is fragile, and love is weak. And in the end... It always burns.

It was on a mission to kill to head of Silph. Co when it happened. Firehawk became jealous of Adam's affections towads Marcia. At the top level of Silph Co, surrounded by guards and the target escaping, Marcia darted after him. Adam dived in the way of a dozen bullets, aimed at her, and ended up crippled on the floor for hours. Marcia stood over him and ordered the guards to take him away. He was betrayed. He was infuriated. With his rage giving him inhuman stamina, he stood, and raised the knife intended for the head of Silph. Co's chest- and plunged it deep into the chest of the woman he had once called his love.

His memory of the next month was hazy- wracked by grief, anger and hatred, he wouldn't surrender to torture, and eventually, the Secret Flame sent a rescue team to deliver him to the nearest safehouse, where he just lay there to die. It was Firehawk who delivered him from death, for at the end, he knew he had to live on- for him, and for no other. And so, after three years of reocvery, at the age of 26, he left the Secret Flame safehouse to look for adventure, excitement, and intrigue. He became a sinewy wanderer- a bard, almost, using poetry and literature sometimes, deadly skills other times. When he heard of the Uprising in the Katsu region, at 27, he felt an odd feeling in his heart he had never felt- he wanted to help the Pokemon and people of Katsu. He found a representative of the Uprising and prepared to help them liberate the Katsu Region.

RP Sample:
    I haven't been in an RP for so long. I'll write about... the incident at Silph.

I step into the office, and look around. Marcia did the same, although not furtively, like me. Almost nervously, like she expected something. I touch her shoulder and she flinches, then smiles. 'Come on, we have to get moving... this place closes in an hour.' She says. I nod, and we walk through the building, searching for the guards who held the key cards we needed. One fights us. He had a gun and a Machoke. I felt a pang of remorse at that moment. This man might have a family. But so insignificant... So weak... So arrogant. I snarled and raised my own gun as he fired. I swiftly sidle out of the way and spin, firing as I do so. Firehawk incapacitates the Machoke, wounding it severely. The man stares in horror at the bullet heading towards his forehead. He is sent flying backwards, and with a sickening crunch crashes into the wall behind him. Blood, black as night and wet as water, pours from his mouth. I nudge his body and check his pulse. He's alive, and suffering. Closing my eyes, and... something else. Tears? I'm... actually fighting back tears. I shake my head and shoot the man in the head twice, killing him instantly and painlessly. We move on.

About half an hour later, we come into the staff room of the Silph corporaton. The head of Silph smiles at me, cooly and collected. I immediately sense a trap, as he stands and walks to an elevator. I notice guards piling into the room. I feel fear in the bottom of my stomach, like a weight upon my entire body. I need to move, or Marcia and I will be killed. Suddenly, stupidly, amazingly, rashly, Marcia leaps towards the manager. I jump out in front of her, in the way of her and the gurads, crying out loudly, 'Marcia, No!' She smiles and laughs. The fear in my stomach turns to ice as I realise what happens. It's a lie. It's all a lie. I feel something smashing into me. I feel like death. I... I've been shot. Suddenly, the pain is replaced by something. An anger I've never felt before. I look at my chest, riddled with bullet marks and bleeding. They have all, miraculously, missed my vital organs. I realise only now that I have collapsed. I think of what happened, and who did this... It wasn't the gunmen. They were only the tools of a skilled operator. The true enemy is Marcia. The anger forces me to my feet, and I glare at Marcia. I can't see Firehawk anywhere- I can only pray he's escaped alive. Until then, if there ever is a then, I have to take revenge. The anger in my heart must make me look like an insane madman- for Marcia is staring at me, wide-eyed and terrified, both by the danger I pose and the impossible strength that lets me stand under wounds that would usually kill a lesser man. Not I, though. Each step impossible, I feel like I'm walking on sand. I truly feel that each step will be my last, and then I remember what they are taking me to- Marcia. She's stopped. I thik she is as powerless as I was on the ground a few moments ago. Finally, I'm standing by her, looming over her. She collapses to the floor, holding her arms up in defense as I rain down blow after blow with my bare hands, and each strike tears my soul in two- the killer within me and lover of Marcia. She's begging me to stop, to forgive her, but the words fall on ears deaf to mercy. Finally, staring into the eyes of a beaten, desperate body, barely clinging on to life, I take out my knife, and stab my enemy in the chest. She takes a single, short, sharp breath in... And breathes no more. Finally, my legs give way and I land on top of her corpse. Too repulsed to just lie anywhere near her, I crawl away from her, leaving a trail of blood as I drag myself along the ground. Finally, as I can go no further, I turn once to see the broken and mangled corpse of a woman I once called my lover. I had no regrets.

Nickname: Purity
    Breed: Ninetales
    Moves: Flamethrower, Nasty Plot, Confuse Ray, Dark Pulse
    Appearance: Purity's eyes are a violet colour rather than red.
    Personality:
    She is her own greatest weapon- She is proud of her skills and strength, and is very loyal and loving towards Adam, her shadowy master. She is gentle with those who are not her enemies, but lord help any who get in her way to oppose him. She is a wise and illustrious Pokemon who is an excellent source of guidance for the rest of Adam's team- almost a maternal figure, and the only thing she insists on is total loyalty to their master, Adam.
    History:
    Given to him by his Assassin's tutor when he was fifteen, Firehawk has been with Adam for fifteen ears, and has loved every moment of it- from the thrill of the hunt to the suspense of the hiding, Firehawk proves useful in near enough any field he is required by Adam, although he has a history of jealousy and guardianship over Adam.

Nickname: Shadow
    Breed: Weavile
    Moves: Slash, Night Slash, Surf,
    Appearance:
    A darker colour overall.
    Personality:
    Shadow is a silent and deadly hunter- whether in the ice or hiding in the grasslands, Shadow is Adam's stealth missile. After all, who needs torpedoes when you can use a living creature, with it's own reflexes and reactions, and it's own intelligence? Adam doesn't just see Shadow as a weapon, though- he is still a member of Adam's team, and a friend to boot. Intelligent, remorseless and loyal- and Adam's third-hand, er, man...
    History:

Nickname: Kodiak
    Breed: Blaziken
    Moves: Sky Uppercut, Blaze Kick, Slash, Brave Bird
    Appearance:
    The only change is that the white parts on Kodiak are darker.
    Personality:
    Fierce, terrifying and great, Kodiak is Adam's heavy hitter- the one to blast through walls when needed, and the ne which he uses in less savoury torture methods. He is a terrifying combatant and his fearsome attitude- Even for a Blaziken- Makes him both a powerful fighter and an explosive personality. He still loves Adam, and it is vice-versa, but he would never admit it in public.
    History:
    Caught as a Torchic in an as of yet undisclosed location, during a conventional capture- seen, battled and caught. Throughout his time with Adam, Kodiak has evolved twice into a powerful and brutal weapon of mass desruction, and has served Adam well, both as a friend and a cannon of unmatched brutality.

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Adâm: Don't worry, you're not too late It looks great so far! :D I can't wait to see the rest of it. You're reserved.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • CHARACTER

Name: Sierra Christina Gray
    Appearance: Standing at five feet five inches with a weight of 118 pounds and an 82 cm bust, Sierra roughly meets the average height/weight/bust measurements for one her age. Her eyes are a dark shade of amber, and have been mistaken as a light brown by many. Her hair is jet-black in color and reaches the bottom of her neck. She has a slim forelock of hair sticking up and pointing to her right, which she made on purpose. The bottom half of this ahoge is dyed a royal purple.

As for attire, Sierra likes to wear dark t-shirts with golden Kanji in the middle. She is careful that she doesn't pick out a shirt with a symbol that means something offensive or vulgar, though. She tends to wear skirts with a flower pattern on the far front left or right, and will wear short shorts beneath said skirts. Her preference in footwear consists mostly of "schoolgirl shoes" (those being flat shoes with a buckle) and ankle or heel-length socks.
    Personality: Take someone who loves all kinds of Pokemon, add in an obsession with the metaphysical world and a taste for adventure, and you've got Sierra. She grew up alongside Pokemon her whole life, so she has come to treat each and every single one equally, despite the fact that people are biased towards certain Pokemon. She also grew up with a psychic for a mother, and thus learned to believe in her inner conscience and the power of positive thinking. She also believed in the existence of spirits and extraterrestrials (Sierra was one of those people who believed that there were aliens in humanoid figures, since Pokemon themselves were believed to come from outer space), and opened up her mind to all the possibilities. Sierra yearns for the chance to travel the entire world, being able to see sights found only in certain places. Keeping her obsession in mind, she'd also like to be able to see if there are others out there who share her beliefs.
    Background: Throughout her whole life, Sierra was your average child. She had a family with normal jobs, and attended school like anyone else. Her mother was a kindergarten teacher, though she could see things hardly anyone else could see, and thus opened Sierra's mind up to the fact that anything was possible. Her father, on the other hand, was a Pokemon breeder, specializing in all sorts of breeding. From Abomasnow to Zubat, Sierra had seen most the Pokemon that were known to exist, and they were pretty much the only companions she ever had.

On her thirteenth birthday, Sierra received two Eevees, each with a personality of its own. It was also that very same year that Sierra came down with a rather unusual case of amnesia. She remembered names, personalities, and appearances, but would forget what she ate for breakfast, or how she came to be in her room, that sort of thing. Since then, she carried a journal around, keeping track of where she went or what she did during the day.

When Sierra's sixteenth birthday came around, two years after the disappearance of "The Uprising", a stranger showed up at her door. She claimed to be a friend of Pokemon, but ended up taking away all the Pokemon living with Sierra, as well as her father, who bred them. Sierra didn't know why this person was doing so, but later read about PXS and their claiming to export Pokemon. A month after her father was taken, another stranger showed up, claiming to be a friend of Sierra's father. She gave Sierra three Poke Balls, each containing Pokemon the friend claimed would be useful in escaping. Her mother, of course, did not understand what her old friend was implying, but before she could ask, her friend was gone.

Then PXS revealed their true intentions.

Because Sierra lived in the northern part of the Katsu region, it was hard for anyone to escape. Her mother, however, asked that Sierra leave on her own, with the Pokemon she had received and kept hidden. Sierra was reluctant to leave her mother with what was going on, and Sierra's mother herself was worried that Sierra would run into trouble because of her odd amnesia, but sure enough, Sierra was able to make it out of the northern part without being sighted.

As soon as she landed in one of the safer towns, she caught wind of The Uprising's supposed revival. Even if the government was still after them, Sierra could not forgive the PXD for taking her father and companions from her. She tracked down where most of The Uprising was, and after persuading them to let her join, became a member herself.
    Additional Information: As mentioned, Sierra has an unusual case of amnesia. She can remember the names of people and Pokemon (Pokemon nickanames included), she can remember anyone's personality (hers included), anyone's appearance, and, oddly enough, musical pieces she's heard. However, without the help of her journal, she cannot remember what she ate, what she did, where she went, etc. after a period of time.
    RP Sample: I just wrote this one-shot yesterday, so yeah: http://suwako.livejournal.com/5254.html

POKEMON

Nickname: Kanon
    Breed: Eevee
    Moves: Last Resort, Curse, Wish, Bite
    Appearance: Sierra gave him a necklace with a crescent moon amulet to wear. It is nothing more than an accessory, though.
    Personality: Out of the two Eevees, Kanon is the braver of the two. He isn't afraid to challenge Pokemon stronger or larger than he is, but because of this has gotten Gardia and himself in trouble. As a result, Sierra keeps a close eye on him.
    History: Kanon was one of the two Eevees Sierra had received on her thirteenth birthday. Her father wanted her to have the finest of all the Eevees he bred, so he kept Kanon and Gardia specifically for her. Kanon's name came from "Canon", a term used in music. It took more time for Kanon to get used to Sierra, but seeing how Gardia warmed up to Sierra rather quickly, he soon learned to trust her.
    Additional information: He has a Brave nature and the Adaptability ability.

Nickname: Gardia
    Breed: Eevee
    Moves: Helping Hand, Fake Tears, Tickle, Trump Card
    Appearance: Sierra gave her a necklace with a sun amulet to wear. It is nothing more than an accessory, though.
    Personality: Out of the two Eevees, Gardia is the most timid. She dislikes fighting, and would rather be at Sierra's side than on the battlefield anyday. However, she works well with Kanon in battle, supporting him as best as she can. Sierra doesn't have to worry about her as much as Kanon.
    History: Like Kanon, Gardia was one of the finest Eevees Sierra's father had bred. Surprisingly enough, both were born around the same time, so they could be considered brother and sister. Gardia's name came from a type of protozoa with a whiplike tail that infected the human intestinal tract and caused giardiasis, although Sierra named her that because it sounded pretty. Unlike Kanon, Gardia warmed up to Sierra just after Sierra got ownership of her.
    Additional information: She has a Timid nature and the Run Away ability.

Nickname: Elena
    Breed: Aggron
    Moves: Iron Defense, Iron Head, Brick Break, Screech
    Appearance: N/A
    Personality: Elena is the most adamant out of all of Sierra's Pokemon. She has been known to sometimes do her own thing in battle, whether Sierra asked her to do it or not. But of all her Pokemon, Sierra doesn't mind, because Elena's high Defense and powerful attacks are enough to keep her going. Elena is also used as a means of traveling on land.
    History: Elena was one of the three Pokemon Sierra received after her father was taken away. Elena started as a Lairon, and didn't like Sierra at first, disobeying her at all costs, but after being saved from having to take a bath (Sierra's mother was not the most knowledgeable about Pokemon), Elena grew to like her trainer and eventually recognized her as someone able to hold her own. "Elena" Sierra's "imaginary friend" (which may have likely been a ghost), hence the name.
    Additional information: She has an Adamant nature and the Sturdy ability.

Nickname: Gajeel
    Breed: Skarmory
    Moves: Roost, Fly, Swords Dance, Agility
    Personality: Gajeel is rather mischievous, and will often pull pranks to Sierra's dismay. He dislikes working with other Pokemon, and will often fly off to do his own thing. Nonetheless, he is very loyal to Sierra and will do as told as long as no other Pokemon are involved. Gajeel also allows Sierra to fly on his back, so she uses him to travel in the sky if she needs to get somewhere quickly.
    History: Gajeel was another one of the three Pokemon Sierra received at once. He trusted Sierra from the very start, though it took Sierra some time to warm up to him because of his demeanor. His name is a corruption of "Gash" and "Steel".
    Additional information: He has an Impish nature and the Keen Eye ability.

Nickname: Tara
    Breed: Lapras
    Moves: Brine, Surf, Ice Beam, Perish Song
    Personality: Tara is the most humble out of all Sierra's Pokemon, and will not take any insults or compliments to mind. She is rather motherly towards the rest of Sierra's Pokemon, Kanon and Gardia especially, and doesn't mind Sierra using her to travel on water.
    History: Tara was the final of the three Pokemon Sierra had received. Despite Sierra's age, Tara considered Sierra to be a young child, and tried nurturing her as best as she could. She was jealous of the attention Sierra's mother gave Sierra, so she tried to be an even better mother towards Sierra and her fellow teammates. When Sierra was young, Tara was one of her favorite names for a girl, which is how the Lapras got her name.
    Additional information: She has a Modest nature and the Water Absorb ability.

---

If anything needs to be edited, just let me know, all right~?

IceFireLighnting

Name: Clyde Levi Winters

Appearance:

Body: Clyde is a taller guy, reaching the height of 5'11". He has a built frame and has skin that's smooth and a light khaki. Clyde has a slightly larger head and hollow cheeks. His eyes are a suspicious crimson, as is his hair. His ears are fitting, his nose is smaller and his eyebrows are thick.

Clothes: Clyde has on a white overcoat, quite like a labcoat. Under this he has on a light blue t-shirt and navy blue jeans. His shoes are yellow with random orange designs, an orange scarf, and a yellow snow cap. He wears a silver wristwatch.

Personality:

Clyde is a strong-willed young man who will stick to any task until he meets his goal. He will toil tirelessly to learn the rules of any game and practice endlessly until it is mastered. He holds a sheepish smile on an earnest face peppered with freckles, his boyish charm. He is meticulous in his efforts and can paint a smooth straight line with seemingly great ease. He can dissect a fly between the head and thorax without a microscope.

This youth is not only quick witted, he can solve any riddle presented with a pinch of his eye, finger to his chin, a slight concentration shown by the side twitch of his lips. He surpasses all in imagination. His stories are written with an author's mastery. He has above-average intellect, yet is modest in his portrayal of such genius. He will seem to hold back in servitude, yet will volunteer as though it is second nature when it is needed.

Clyde loves all things living, and takes great joy in observing the natural world around him. He spends countless hours surrounding himself with the marvels of the world. He can, yet, be stubborn and selfish, but only occasionally. He can be persistent and self-centered, and can be ignorant. Clyde can lose things easily, is overly emotional and, usually, can't see things that are in plain sight.

Background:

Clyde was born in Fuschia City, and was the grandson of the Safari Warden. He lived roughley in the center of the city with his mother, grandfather, older brother Mason, younger sister Gina, and cousins Harold and Leayla. His cousin Harold was the driver of the tram through the safari zone, and his mother was the giude. He usually stayed home to babysit Gina and Leayla while his grandfather went to visit his brother, Boaba, in the Johto region. Mason treated him like a king and brought him souveneirs from wherever he had gone that month for his five-year training program to be a pokemon professor. Despite his brother's efforts to cheer him with attention, he was the least noticed and most deppresed in his house. He was best friends with Harold, four years older, and adored his Lucario as if it were his own. On his eleventh birthday, he received a Sneasel(Naomi), from an anonymous sender. His mother was astounded, as she knew who the pokemon had come from. She herself had gotten Clyde an Croagunk(Eton), whom he had loved dearly since the moment he saw him. He has since caught a Turtwig(Slate), evolved once, and an Aipom(Francine).

He joined the rebellion because he was sick and tired of Team Rocket telling his family what to do. It had already happened once, and he didn't want anyone to do it again. Join age: 15

RP sample(from an RP I wanted to join but had died):

"I just don't think that we should be stealing from these innocent people!"

"Well, if you find a better way to survive, let me know!" screamed Lucius.

"I just wanted to let you know that you were the one to say that we could do anything if we put our minds to it! Where's that Lucius?!" yelled Leigh. They had been pulled into the Aether , and Leigh was taking advantage of it. They had been stealing from resteruants in a nearby town. They had been hiding in a cave on the outskirts of this town, and they had acquired a map of their current region: Hoenn. They were looking for Mirage Island, because they had gotten the call. The call to Mirage Island. It wasn't so much that they wanted to go, it's just that they…were pulled. And now they were in the Aether.

"We were going over a plan to leave, anyway. We were almost done!" Lucius yelled. He felt like no one could understand him! No one could feel the—

"Lucius, don't look now, but there's an Absol right behind you."

Lucius turned anyway.

The Absol tackled him, but Leigh went into a frenzy. She kept using Iron Head, kept hitting the Disaster Pokemon with her giant jaws. She desperately tried to free her trainer, but the Absol just kept staring at Lucius. Then Lucius screamed, "I got the signal! I'm going to Mirage Island! Just please, get off of me!"

The Absol slowly retreated. "Who are you?"

"My name is Lucius Acryl. I'm going to Mirage Island to meet up with another Shifter. Who are you?"

"My name is Amaterasu the Absol, and that Shifter is my trainer. We can travel to Mirage Island together," said the Absol. She then asked, "Where are we, by the way?"

Lucius replied, "We are parallel to Fortree City in our world. We should go back and get our stuff, but… We have no control over when we Shift. It's quite embarrassing, really." He scratched the back of his head. "Is there any way that you could take us to…what should we call it?"

"We call the world we live in the Contemporary Realm, and this disgusting place is called the Aether Realm. It's bad enough that this realm IS, and now there's something here. I hate it. Hate it. H-A-T-E. It ," Amaterasu said. She spat at the dirt and then, by surprise, took them back. It was the first time that they felt or saw anything. It seemed like the Aether was melting, and then the Contemporary was melting atop of it. "This is usually what happens to us, and next is the prickling."

She was right. Lucius's skin was crawling, then his skin was prickling like he was growing needles. "When's this gonna end, anyway?"

"Right n—"

Amaterasu couldn't finish because at that moment, that precise moment, they entered the Contemporary. "Well, thanks." He then packed everything up while the girls talked it up in their foreign tongue. "I never seem to comprehend why girls can talk so much." He heard unisonic growls that meant that he should shut up. "Well, OK, little Misses Bossy."
    They went back to the Aether, the opposite of what went on last time happening. "So we should head directly south…and that'll make us here, and it'll take us there. Pacifidlog Town. The only problem is that I don't know how long it'll take us…or how far we should go. And compasses don't work here, so I don't know where south IS," said Lucius. "Let's go back, use the compass, face south, come back, and go."

They did just that.

"Alright, we'll Shift back periodically and check where we are. Then, when we get to Pacifidlog, we'll go east. We'll have to take a boat for that…" pondered Lucius aloud. "LETTUCE LEAF!" And then they…leaft.

Pokemon:
    Naomi(Weavile)
    Moves: Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Slash

Eton(Toxicroak)
    Moves: Mud Bomb, Sludge Bomb, Poison Jab, Focus Punch

Slate(Grotle)
    Moves: Razor Leaf, Leaf Storm, Crunch, Curse

Francine(Ambipom)
    Moves: Swift, Double Hit, Focus Punch, Iron Tail

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • IceFireLightning: It looks good, except for a few issues. Firstly, no teleporter please :P Secondly, I need the moveset of your Pokemon in here somewhere. And also, based on the age of your character, I think it'd be best if you devolved one of your Pokemon one stage. Until then, you're pending.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • This my sign up. I apologize for any typos and errors within the main body. I am running on empty and may have missed a few in the final edits. If any changes need to be made, please inform and I will change them to the best of my ability. Thank you and have fun reading (if its possible).

Name: Issac Rendell

Appearance: Issac has a standard appearance typical to that of men of his era and region, meaning he doesn't stand out in crowds, a trait he rather enjoys. He stands at about 5"11 with a capable body weighing in at about 185 pounds. Issac has long legs and arms each with their own level of muscle tone, suggesting he is more than skin and bones, but also giving his body odd proportions with his short torso. His skin, while naturally white as a sheet, has light tan due to his love for the outdoors giving him a not so sickly appearance.

Looking at his head and face, Issac carries a young bright expression on his face that can be easily seen due to his unkempt light brown hair, that remains out of his face so he can fully experience the world in front of him. Issac's eyes are an emerald green with a certain shine that reveals a free nature to them however they are far from overbearing, despite the eyes being quite large. His face is fairly youthful and clean with the sole exception being a blonde shadow of facial hair. This is due to Issac's claims that shaving is an unnecessary chore. He sports a single piercing, a sliver loop on his right ear lobe. This was a spur of the moment activity and Issac often forgets it is there.

Issac's wardrobe is fairly unoriginal and does anything but make him stand out. To cover his chest, Issac wears a deep blue T-shirt with abstract white designs to add some character to an otherwise plain shirt. There appears to be no real style or purpose of the designs and are little more than random lines and words to designate the brand of T-shirt. Ever since his experiences with the cold of Johto's northern regions, he has since invested in a black jacket, which is torn and running on its last legs suggesting he takes very poor care of the jacket. Issac's lower body is protected by the same brand of unoriginal glory as a pair of grey jeans have been picked to dress that particular region, and a plain leather belt keeps them embarrassingly crashing to the floor for whatever reason. The belt is also home to his pokeballs, which total 5 in number.

Issac holds himself in high regard, standing tall and holding his head up when he walks. However, he tends to walk casually and calmly sending people mixed messages. He always has a smile on his face and speaks calmly in most situations unless emotionally stirred which with his lax and carefree attitude rarely occurs.

Issac has a single additional accessory in the form of a pair of sunglass built in the sports style with ebony black lenses. He learned to wear them constantly due to the experience of fighting Hoenn's sun.

Personality: Issac considers himself "a man of common sense with a strong desire to live life to the fullest.". He is eccentric yet laid back. Enlightening yet idiotic. Rash yet resourceful. Issac prefers to approach life with an open, optimistic look, seeing negativity as something better wasted on marriage (that being said, Issac is the bit of the ladies man). He is carefree and laid back, taking life as it comes or as some say "go with the flow". Issac typically improvises, making up everything as he goes gone seeing planning as something that wastes time. Issac prefers action over debate and as a result is a bit of anarchist, holding many problems and disagreements with the established systems of government. Issac tries his best to remain calm and collected at all times, only expressing his opinions and desires at best and acting on them in a controlled manner as not upset the status quo.

Issac is considered by many to be a lazy genius. While he is an expert in the world of "street smarts" due to his experience in the real world and down to earth mentality, he fails in the intellectual department having barely passed high school with a C average. He has conveyed the sense that is fairly lazy in all aspects of life, but he considers this a strength in that he knows to relax and doesn't let stress bother him. That being said, Issac is confident in his talents and abilities, always approaching new challenges that intrigue him with enthusiasm and desire to succeed. However, if he is uninterested by something he will immediately turn it down in favor of something more...."out there".

Even though Issac is down to earth, Issac is spiritually inclined. He believes in the forces of karma, believing that those who do good will receive good things in return and vice versa. As a result, Issac has a strong moral desire to be good as a possible and follows what he believes is right at the given moment. By adopting this world philosophy, he has experienced his own share of experiences and considers himself "world weary" knowing how the world operates on some level (but don't ask him about complicated stuff like politics) . He remains optimistic despite that and always believe someone can do good in some way, making him somewhat naive and innocent.

Issac is an expressive, childish individual and his interactions with others reflects that. Issac has be known to say things during the spur of the moment, causing his speech feel ranty and unintelligent, giving the impression that he improvises his speech as much as his own actions. He speaks with a calm, relaxed tone until he feels need to turn up the volume to get a point across, often incorporating body language into the mix. While some consider him immature because of this, he can be serious during times that call for it usually by placing a stern face on and actually thinking about what he is going to say before actually saying it.

Overall, Issac is a man with a good heart that is both adaptable and fun to be around, despite his reckless, childish behavior that leads more harm than good.

Background: Issac came from a run of the mill home in a run of the mill city with run of the mill parents. Born in Pacifidlog Town, Issac spent the earliest years of his life being home-schooled by his mother and father. During these times, Issac learned about the wonders of nature and earned a level of respect for life, law and ethnics and the value of freedom. He became cultured despite the relative lack of mass media and the so called culture of urban life. However, his easy, carefree life was ruined when he was about 12 when his parents believed that moving to a more civilized home would prove vital for their son's future. Their new destination was Slateport City.

At Slateport, Issac attended the public school system starting in middle school. Issac found a hard time adjusting in school due to the culture shock he faced. Even though the move was not radically in distance, the way in which the city life operated was very different to the lifestyle he grew fond of. Suddenly he felt contained and lost so much of the freedom he valued back in the rural area of Pacifidlog Town. Issac frequently got in trouble with his peers and the figures of authority, including law enforcement and teachers. He would cut class, get into fights and publicly express his distaste for the public system of government (in his later years after he gained some wisdom). As a means of attempting to infuse responsibility and maturity in their son, his parents gifted with a Pokemon. His father was gifted a Riolu by his distant cousin who heard of Issac's rebellious nature. At 16, Issac questioned the purpose of the exercise but realized it was cool to have a Pokemon and accepted the gift. Raising the Riolu returned Issac to his calmer state and infused a level of maturity that was lost over the years due to the change in the environment. Issac's behavior was controlled (though still reckless) and he grew up into a fine young man with his Pokemon at his side. By the time he graduated, Riolu evolved into Lucario and Issac grew out his troublemaker fad into more of a punk ass adult that enjoyed an act of mischief here and there. Upon graduation however, Issac felt lost and confused unaware of where to go with his life. His father, wanting the best for his son, suggested wandering the world for several years until something speaks to Issac's heart. Issac pondered the suggestion for a few days before taking his father's advice. Issac saw opportunity in the idea and accepted the invitation.

For the next 7 years, Issac traveled the world with Lucario (now named Luke) being his best friend and brother, guiding him along the more socially acceptable path. Issac first traveled the world of Hoenn which he would spend the next several months of his life, capturing a select few Pokemon and accepting the Gym Leader Challenge. Despite successfully defeating the 8 gyms of Hoenn, Issac failed to get very far in the Pokemon League losing in the second round. Issac then traveled to the land of Johto after hearing on their own Pokemon League system. He would spend an entire year in Johto, training his Pokemon and gathering skills needed for his next career path. In the last few months of Johto tour, Issac collected the 8 badges (with extreme difficulty when facing Clair) and entered the Pokemon league. Here Issac would ascend the semi-finals before ultimately losing to a trainer from Pallet town. Taking the defeat fairly hard, Issac decided that with his current mindset and talent pool that competitive battling was not his cup of tea and needed to gain more experience before reaching paramount success. At the age of 20, Issac resolved that he wander the regions of the Pokemon world with open eyes and seek odd jobs as a means of gaining experience and possibly acquire some new Pokemon along the way. His travels recently brought him to the land of Sinnoh where he met a young trainer who eagerly challenged him to a battle. The battle proved to be challenging but Issac ultimately prevailed. The trainer then introduced himself as a member of 'The Uprising' and attempted to recruit Issac. While hesitant, Issac saw an opportunity to do something with his life. The trainer than disappeared without a trace leaving Isaac in the middle of Sinnoh with little idea of what 'The Uprising' really is. Convinced he signed up for spam mail, Issac continued with his travels in Sinnoh and then returned back home to Slateport, where he was reunited with his family and friends. Since then, he purchased a small apartment, convinced his longtime girlfriend to move with him and has been enjoying a run of the mill life. However, the day he was recruited still bothers him.

RP Sample: This taken from the currently run Pokemon Adventure RP. It is far from my best work as I am still rusty.
    Spoiler:

Pokemon Sign ups
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Raikiri: It looks great to me :D The only problem is... I'm not so sure about the PokeSpeak ^.^' I know that it is easier for some Pokemon to communicate with humans than others, but I don't think, for consistency's sake, that there should be actual conversations held between Pokemon and Trainer. But other than that, you're accepted :P

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Fair enough. I'll edit it that out and live without it. I actually don't like it that much either so in a way I appreciate the fact you don't want it lol. Thank you for your acceptance.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Raikiri: Haha, thanks for changing that for me :P

Everyone: I'm getting really excited about this cast. As soon as a few more people get their SUs in (including myself), we can get this started ^.^

IceFireLighnting

Gave my pokemon movesets
    Devolved a bit
    Got rid of the teleporter.

Hope I'm in! But did Mira forget me? I don't wanna be forgetted... :( Am I off pending? Cuz I did all that junk up there^?

Last edited:
    Back