• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The user should have a certain # of posts to enter the Wireless Trading forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
Years
  • Well, I've been seeing alot of new members who's first posts/threads are in the Wireless Trading thread, and usually have/want illegit pokemon. I think there should be some sort of restriction that you must have made like 25 posts or something before you can enter it, so they would recognize the community rules better before they enter. For some reason I have a feeling alot of people just joined to trade lol.

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    Knowing the majority of noobs, they'd spam to get 25 posts, and then ask "OK I HAEV 25 POTS NAOW!!!!1!11 TARDE WITH ME!!1!11ONE"

I think it would be better with that rule, but I don't want to see spam in other forums either.

(I do think there should be a grammar rule, though. Everytime I browse through the D/P sections, my IQ drops by 10.)

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Your IQ isn't the only one that's dropping.

But like Yutss said, noobs will do anything to get what they want. They'd spam to get 25 posts every day of the week or whenever.

The solution to this? Decrease their postcount by deleting their spam posts. Just a tiny addition. Not really has to be considered.
    Oooh! I have an Idea!
    Every time a noob spams too much reduce their postcount to 1 XD
    That way if they are a spammer it'll take them ages to get the 25 posts needed to go into the trade area. Heh.

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    Oooh! I have an Idea!
    That way if they are a spammer it'll take them ages to get the 25 posts needed to go into the trade area. Heh.

I could imagine that. Being here over a year, being intenseley active, 3 posts.

If that rule did work, though, many noobs would get all pissy and spam more.

Remeber, if PC get's as many noobs as SPPforums, we can assure this:

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • If they do get mad and spam too much the admins can always ban them.
    Another Idea I had was hackers that are reported should be banned from the Wireless Trade Corner/Battle Colleseum for a set amount of time. The admins can put them in a usergroup that cant post in there. And mark them with a usertitle that says "Wireless Hacker" or something like that until the ban expires.

Andrea-chan

~In the shadows~
    Years
  • Oooh! I have an Idea!
    And there's something wrong with doing that to older members or ones with higher post count? If you made a spam post wouldn't it be fair to lower your post count to 1 as well? How about this, I'll put that rule into play and go back and look at your old posts Poketrainer2004, and I'm sure I'll find some spam posts. And I'll lower your post count. Does that sound fair to you?

Just because you have a post count limit or rules doesn't mean they'll go by them. N00bs gets warnings, and so do older members, same goes for bans. Don't you think older members should know better? You can have a member that's been here for 2 years and still have hacked Pokemon.
    And yeah, a post count limit would likely mean spam. You will have people randomly posting around PC just to get the 25 posts, and what does that mean? The Mods will have to work harder to clean up that mess. And when posts do get deleted the count will be lowered, the n00b will start a thread in CQ&F and then this forum will be filled up with pointless "Why am I missing ... off my post count?".
    Sounds fun.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • And there's something wrong with doing that to older members or ones with higher post count? If you made a spam post wouldn't it be fair to lower your post count to 1 as well? How about this, I'll put that rule into play and go back and look at your old posts Poketrainer2004, and I'm sure I'll find some spam posts. And I'll lower your post count. Does that sound fair to you?

Just because you have a post count limit or rules doesn't mean they'll go by them. N00bs gets warnings, and so do older members, same goes for bans. Don't you think older members should know better? You can have a member that's been here for 2 years and still have hacked Pokemon.
    And yeah, a post count limit would likely mean spam. You will have people randomly posting around PC just to get the 25 posts, and what does that mean? The Mods will have to work harder to clean up that mess. And when posts do get deleted the count will be lowered, the n00b will start a thread in CQ&F and then this forum will be filled up with pointless "Why am I missing ... off my post count?".
    Sounds fun.
    True. Which is why I moved on to my next Idea. It's the post above ya
    If they do get mad and spam too much the admins can always ban them.
    Another Idea I had was hackers that are reported should be banned from the Wireless Trade Corner/Battle Colleseum for a set amount of time. The admins can put them in a usergroup that cant post in there. And mark them with a usertitle that says "Wireless Hacker" or something like that until the ban expires.

Andrea-chan

~In the shadows~
    Years
  • It wouldn't be fair to older members, I agree. I've seen members that've been here for 4 years or so(or even longer) and have extremely low postcount(Kwesi, mewthree etc).

So that wouldn't be fair to the older members who do have lower post count.

Though, the concern shifts to when someone actually gets ripped off of their pokemon. The people complain to the mods when they're nothing they can do. Not like they can pop out the computer screen and force the noob to give back the pokemon anyhow.

Hm..this may still be going on...
    Why wouldn't it be fair? That's no different than saying "It's not fair to ban an older member because that member has been here a long time.". Dakota was one of the best Staff and one of the oldest PC members. He got banned, he didn't get treated better by saying "Ok, you've been here for so long, you're not going to get a warning". So again, why wouldn't it be fair? It's just a number.

True. Which is why I moved on to my next Idea. It's the post above ya
    Lovely, yet another ban usergroup. But the idea of kicking them from the WTC isn't half bad. They are banned from Gym battles (or something) if they use hacked Pokemon, it really shouldn't be any different than that.

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    We already have the hacker reporting threads in both the WTC and WBS. I was under the assumption that anyone caught using/trading hacked Pokémon were to be temp banned from those areas already. I know I reported a hacker and he was banned for a month. So really, this problem already has an active solution.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
  • We already have the hacker reporting threads in both the WTC and WBS. I was under the assumption that anyone caught using/trading hacked Pokémon were to be temp banned from those areas already. I know I reported a hacker and he was banned for a month. So really, this problem already has an active solution.

Yes but the point of this is to reduce even more hackers.

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    Yes but the point of this is to reduce even more hackers.
    But what about all the people that do just join to battle or trade? They have to go and make a bunch of tedious posts just to be able to do get into those areas, and that'll put a lot of potential members off, who are then likely to go and join some other forum.

And how will making a certain amount of posts mean that people understand the rules? If you can't grasp a forum's rules upon joining, you aren't going to be learn them after being forced to post a certain amount of times just to get into one area.

You aren't going to stop hackers getting in, but you can help to kick them out.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Your problem of people asking for illegit Pokémon is simply because they don't read the rules; that's their responsibility. Like many said, simply imposing a post limit wouldn't help in any way, and would in fact make the situation worse because it'd motivate them to spam to get 10/25/whatever# of posts.

I don't agree. Whole situation goes downhill. Kthxbai. :<

~Mithos~

- Three Days Grace -
    Years
  • or maybe you should have to ask a mod or something before being able to post, he would look at your posts and see if your not a complete idiot then let you on, or not

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • or maybe you should have to ask a mod or something before being able to post, he would look at your posts and see if your not a complete idiot then let you on, or not

Thats a pretty good idea. It would stop them from spamming. But then it would be to much of a workload for mods. Unless the admins hire a lot more mods. (Hint hint)

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Thats a pretty good idea. It would stop them from spamming. But then it would be to much of a workload for mods. Unless the admins hire a lot more mods. (Hint hint)
    Yeah, and I'm talking to the very last person that we'd ever even think of modding. Asking/insinuating kills your chances. Hint hint. :x

And no, we're not gonna go with that idea. Having to approve every member that wants to trade...nah.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • Anyway I only said the (hint hint) as a joke. Being a mod would have to many responsabilities.

Anyway the idea that people need a certain amount of posts would filter out a lot of newbies. But then it would take longer for actual people who want to be members.

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    I just love how everyone seems to hate all "hackers", yet:

Just because there are some "hackers" out there that churn out Arceuses, Darkrais, and Shaymins like factories, doesn't mean that ALL of them do. In fact, when I've made "hacked" Pokemon for my friend, it was just the Pokemon she wanted, with the moves she wanted. No heightened EVs, and randomized IVs, with only one stat near 31. I do not hack "event" legendaries (however, I do limit the number of, say, Kanto Legendary Birds, Johto Legendary "Gerbils", Hoenn Regi-trio, and Sinnoh Psychic Trio Pokemon that I hack for others. Mewtwo/Ho-oh and Lugia/Kyogre-Groudon-Rayquaza/Dialga-Palkia-Giratina/etc. are never hacked by me. In short: I aim to aid, rather than to swindle or place false hope in others.

I just wanted to provide a, maybe not "good hacker", but perhaps a "somewhat less malicious hacker"'s view of things. Before you all continue saying "OMGWUT HAXR!!?!?!", think about it.

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
  • Like Heatran said, Some people that don't have much experence with the web will just spam until they get 15 posts.
    And people would still post threads about illegal 'hacked' pokemon even if they do get enough posts.
    Yeah, pretty much useless.

*puts up flame shield*

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back