• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Vassa Region

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I'll reserve it for you, but I can't guarantee a spot. It depends on if Eliminator Jr. finishes his SU and such.

Last edited:
    Years
    Eliminator Jr.: Nice last sentence XD But I have to say, that was a great SU. You're accepted

Note to Everyone: RP Will Be Starting TODAY! (Probably in about five minutes, actually)

Chapter 1: Pokemon Galore
    Number of Posts: 1
    Today's the day! You will all head over to Professor Elm's laboratory to receive your very first Pokemon. As you head through the recently built town, you might begin to realize just how much Vassa has changed if you've lived here your entire life. The streets are cleanly paved now. Fences are beautifully painted. Houses and shops look brilliant and new. The thing that sticks out most to you, the lab, is the best feature in the entire town. The lab looks like it has several stories to it. It's made from white brick and has white fences heading out and all around the property. You cannot see the end of these fences, but you can see the numerous Pokemon that are playing in this area. As you knock on the door, you may begin to wonder what Pokemon is in store for you. Some of you may hope for a choice, while others don't really care.

Professor Elm opens the door. He's grown older now, and has a few light strands of gray in his hair. He looks a bit rumpled and scraggly as if he stayed up all night. Some of you might ask him about this. If you do, he'll simply explain that some of the new Pokemon have been quite a hand full. Then he will lead you past the main room and into a back room. There he will show you inside a new door, and then you'll be able to see them. There are six Pokeballs here. They each have the name of a Pokemon on a strip of paper next to their balls. Professor Elm will happily declare that you can have whichever you chose. Now you pick.

Luigi-a:
    The Vassa Region

Houndour
    Level: 5
    Nature: Jolly
    Moves: Leer, Ember, Howl, Dark Pulse* (Cannot Use Yet)

Broadway:
    The Vassa Region

Teddiursa
    Nature: Naughty
    Moves: Scratch, Leer, Fake Tears, Close Combat* (Cannot Use Yet)

Umbreon*:
    The Vassa Region

Gible
    Nature: Lonely
    Moves: Tackle, Sand Attack, Outrage* (Cannot Use Yet)

Sandeon:
    The Vassa Region

Gastly
    Nature: Brave
    Moves: Hypnosis, Lick, Spite, Psychic* (Cannot Use Yet)
    **Evolves into Genger at level 35

Daydreambeliever:
    The Vassa Region

Poliwag
    Nature: Gentle
    Moves: Water Sport, Bubble, Endeavor* (Cannot Use Yet)

Eliminator Jr.:
    The Vassa Region

Natu
    Nature: Serious
    Moves: Leer, Peck, Zen Headbutt* (Cannot Use Yet)

Once you have picked your Pokemon, Professor Elm might chose to say a few words about the one you picked. He will then hand you a Pokedex, some Pokeballs, and a map. He then explains that this map might be the one thing that will help you through the region, and tells you not to lose it. He also explains a little about the new enhanced Pokedex. The main thing is that it can now calculate how much your Pokemon likes you. Elm will tell you to be very careful with the Pokedex as well, seeing as it's the only one you'll get. He'll then dismiss you, wish you luck, and send you on your way. Your next destination is Route 301.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Chuck glanced out of the window next to this seat on the airplane to the Vassa Region, and he quickly saw the extremely varied terrain throughout the region as he soared high above it: A large volcano, a icy forest, rocky hills, and some grassy plains. It was going to be a challenge for anyone who dared venture out into the region, but it was certainly a risk that Chuck was willing to take to help suppress, and maybe even eliminate, the thoughts of his past.

An hour later, Chuck landed outside of Amber Town in a small airfield, conveniently placed for travelers or new trainers to start out at the seemingly easiest part of the region. It would only take a short walk to reach Amber Town, and within twenty minutes, Chuck was standing in the beautiful Amber Town.

It wasn't what Chuck expected at all: He thought that it wouldn't be updated, have many people, or really look much like a town, even with all the time that had passed. Thankfully, Chuck was pleasantly surprised: The new buildings, cleanly paved roadways, and the highlight of the town – the Pokemon Lab – were all looking fantastic, modern, and had the appearance that the region had been there as long as Kanto.

This is it. It's time to start afresh, and the dark side of my past behind. I'll keep the memories of my adoptive family, as it would be stupid to suppress the ones that cared about me, otherwise it will all seem like a bad dream.

Chuck thought that it would turn into a free-for-all over the choice of Pokemon, as it was quite clear that it was first-come, first-serve. It didn't even appear as if any of the other trainers were ready to start their journeys: There wasn't a person in sight heading to the laboratory, and from judging by the shadows through the windows, the appearance of lab coats and people at computers said that only the employees were there. Knowing this, Chuck swiftly headed inside of the building: He didn't care that no one else was there, he just wanted to assure his position of getting the first choice of Pokemon, especially since he already knew what he was choosing.

Chuck walked up to the door, and it swung open by a familiar man that Chuck knew, not personally, just from television and magazines.

"Hello there, I'm Professor Elm. I'm assuming you are here to partake in the Pokemon journey?"

Chuck's face lit up with an inexplicable grin: He wasn't too sure why he was so happy, but he was. It might have been the fact of seeing Professor Elm in person, or just sheer excitement of starting afresh.

Chuck was tongue-tied for a few seconds, but when he finally regained control of his motor skills, he replied, "I know who you are Professor Elm, I'm from Blackthorn City! And yes, I'm here to start my journey."

Elm invited Chuck in, and Chuck decided to take a look at his surroundings. He noticed that Elm was certainly older: He had gray streaks going through his hair. He noticed that he was a little messy in appearance and looked quite tired, and Chuck was a little curious of the reasoning behind that when it was expected for trainers to come the next day.

Ehh, I think I'll keep to myself. I'd rather not invade his privacy, especially for the man who would be giving me my first Pokemon!

Chuck followed each and every step of Elm, until they walked into a large, main room. On a table, there were six Pokeballs sitting on it, each with a piece of paper taped to the ball with the Pokemon's name on it.

"Today is your lucky day," Elm started. "You are the first trainer to come by me today to start their journey, which means you get first choice in Pokemon!"

Chuck smiled. "That's why I made sure I took an early flight to get here."

"Well, you may take your time choos-" Elm started, but was cut off by Chuck running to the table and grabbing a Pokeball.

"Don't worry Professor," Chuck started. "I already know exactly which Pokemon I'm choosing. I have known for awhile."

Chuck decided to throw the Pokeball in the air, which would allow his new Pokemon to come out of its Pokeball. In a bright white flash, a little Dragon Pokemon appeared on the floor.

"Gible, I see. Fitting for you I must say. After all, you were raised in a town based upon the Dragon type!" Elm said with a smile. "But let's continue on. I have some things to give you: A Pokedex, some Pokeballs, and a map. Most importantly, DO NOT lose this map. It will your most useful tool for navigating the Vassa Region, which means guard it with your life. The new enhanced Pokedex functions the same as previous Pokedexes, but now it will allow you to see how much your Pokemon likes you. Lastly, use these Pokeballs to capture other Pokemon, but be sure to weaken them in a battle first!"

Chuck listened to each and every word without missing a letter: He knew that all the information that Elm had provided him would be key for his survival in the Vassa Region.

"Thank you Professor, and I'll be on my way!"

"Good luck to you child, and start by heading out to Route 301, which will allow you to start your adventure!"

Chuck said thank you once more, said goodbye to Elm and the researchers within the lab, and headed out the door. It wasn't long until he reached a full sprint, dashing towards Route 301. He saw a few trainers heading into the direction he had left, and wished them luck in his mind.

It was quick that a large opening in the grassland appeared, with tall grass all around, and beautiful green nature ahead of him.

Time to leave the past behind.

Years
    Umbreon*: Way to go, you first poster you XD I really like how you did your first post though =3 Describing the region and such perfectly. Anyway...
    Chuck received a Gible, Unlimited Pokeballs, a Pokedex, and a map of the Vassa Region!

(Yes, unlimited Pokeballs. I really don't like dealing with keeping count XD)

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
    "Wow, sir, you climb trees or something, too?" Carol hadn't expected the professor to look like she did after a really good day. Grown-ups seemed to think looking like this was a bad thing, but his hair was messy, he had a smudge on one cheek, and his lab coat wasn't quite on straight, which meant he'd probably been doing something fun.

"Ahaha, not exactly," Elm replied, looking her up and down, "but I'm glad to see that you enjoy that sort of thing, some of these pokemon have a great deal of energy."

Carol hopped from one foot to the other and leaned over a little bit to look past him into the lab. "Well, I definitely don't want a lazy one."

"Well, you get to choose," he told her, seeming like he approved of what she'd said, and she trotted after him, her hands gripping at the edge of her tee-shirt as if that would help hold her back from running ahead of him.

The pokeballs were all laid out in a row, with the names written down and everything. Some she knew pretty well, some she had only just heard of. "Oh... only one," she said, and shot a look at the professor, who nodded firmly.

"There will be many more to see along the way," he reminded her.

"I know, I know," she said, and stared a little more, fidgeting. That one... or that one? She definitely thought she liked those two the best. "Okay!" She grabbed the Houndour ball. Then she stared at it. "Argh, I don't..." she put it down again and chose the Teddiursa instead. "This one. Okay, for sure. Yes." She turned to the professor, who was looking at her like he was trying not to laugh.

"It's hard to pick," she told him defensively, and looked down at this final choice, holding the ball with both hands.

"Over the years, I've seen that many trainers come in with a favourite type, you see," he explained, and she shuffled a little and shrugged.

"I don't know. All of them seemed good."

"Hm. Well, that's a fine way to feel about them. They all do have great potential. The one you have there, Teddiursa, starts out small, as many of them do, but can evolve into a large and powerful Ursaring."

"Ursaring," Carol repeated. She liked the sound of it.

"This one is a young female, and like most Teddiursa, you'll find she has a large appetite, and ah, as I said before, plenty of energy."

Carol tightened her hands around the ball, and smiled at that. "Can I let her out now?"

"Ah! No! I mean, I'd prefer you wait until you get outside," he said hurriedly, and looked relieved when she nodded. She gave the ball a speculative look, thinking she would probably like the pokemon inside. "Now, a few more things to get you started..." he said, and she tucked the pokeball into her shorts pocket so she could open her bag to make room for the empty pokeballs he gave her, along with the map. "And here is your pokedex," he said at last. "It looks essentially like the standard one that's been around for some time, but the interface has been improved somewhat, and it can now gather data on how much your pokemon like you—this has been found to be instrumental to some evolutions, you see, but aside from that is still a good thing to know on its own."

"Cool," she said, and Elm chuckled a little.

"Indeed," he said, then turned serious. "Now, this is a sturdy device—it has to be, as you'll find out as you travel—but these are new. This is the only one I have to give to you, do you understand? And that map will be very important as you travel. You must not lose them."

"I understand, sir," she confirmed solemnly. "Thanks," she added, and he smiled again.

"Very good. Now along with you—I'm sure you want to meet your first partner."

She adjusted her bag, and dug the pokeball out of her pocket. "Yep," she grinned. "Bye, professor."

"Good luck!" he called after her. "Remember, you can reach me by email! Check in from time to time!"

"Okay!"

Carol ran home. It wasn't too far, and she hadn't wanted to be weighed down with all her traveling stuff at the professor's lab. She cut through the neighbor's backyard and jumped the fence into her own yard, picking her way through Dad's garden so she didn't step on anything before she sat down on the lawn. She pressed the button on the pokeball and laughed as the red light flashed out and coalesced around the shape of a Teddiursa. She'd seen pokeballs work before, on TV and from a few people she knew who had their own... but this one was hers.

The Teddiursa blinked a couple of times and stared at her.

She stared back, leaning forward to put her elbows on her knees and her chin on her hands.

The Teddiursa put one paw in her mouth and sucked on it, like a baby sucking on its thumb. Carol laughed. The Teddiursa seemed to be regarding her curiously, but warily.

"I know, the last guy you saw was the professor, right? I'm Carol, and we're gonna go off and beat all the gyms in Vassa. Lots of battles coming up."

At the word "battles" the Teddiursa's ears pricked up with definite interest.

"Aha—good!" Carol sat up straight and nodded. "You like that, huh?" The Teddiursa pulled her paw out of her mouth, and swiped emphatically at the air with both arms. Carol grinned. "I know you don't me or anything, but I promise you'll get to battle a whole lot. So gimme a chance, okay?" She paused, and then added, "and I promise to get you lots of yummy stuff to eat, too."

The Teddiursa's ears pricked up again. "Teddi!!" she enthused, and Carol giggled.

"Oh, I see what your real priority is," she reached out, slowly, in case the Teddiursa didn't want to be touched yet, and gently poked her in the forehead. Her fur was soft and smooth, and she didn't seem to mind at all. "That's what Mom says to me whenever I say I'll do something extra so I can leave work early," she told the Teddiursa, daring to reach a little farther and ruffle her gently between the ears. "'Cause we have a restaurant, you know, and I worked a bit there until Professor Elm chose me. You should try the berry tarts, I bet you'd love those," she said. The Teddiursa tilted her head curiously. "Well, it's on the way when I go out to Route 301. I'll get you some. Now.. I gotta get my stuff," she said, "c'mon, you can see my room."

She hadn't forgotten how Professor Elm had reacted to her letting the Teddiursa out indoors, but the little bear pokemon seemed pretty quiet to Carol. And indeed, she followed Carol through the back door and up the stairs to her room without rampaging or anything. "Last time I'll be in here for a while," Carol said, mostly to herself, when she pushed open the door with the CAROL sign on it, decorated with pressed leaves and silver buttons.

Everything inside was put away, all tidied up before she left. Her backpack, a cool one with one main pocket and few removable extra ones—Dad called it "modular"—was full of clothing and supplies, and her tablet computer, the biggest thing she'd bought with her savings when she'd found out she'd been picked. The Teddiursa seemed interested in everything in here, suddenly, sniffing around and poking her head under the bed. "Don't get too comfortable," Carol told her.

"Ted ted ted," the Teddiursa answered, a distracted murmur as she changed her mind and investigated underneath Carol's desk.

Carol re-checked her bags again, just because, and was glad she had, because she realized she hadn't put in that new windbreaker Lowry had gotten her for her birthday a few months ago. She found it stuffed into its zipper pack already, and she'd missed it because it had fallen behind the shoe rack in her closet. A little maneuvering and she rescued it, snapping it around her waist like the fanny pack it was supposed to resemble. It looked kind of stupid, but it was light, and it would keep the rain off, so she didn't care.

When she turned around, the Teddiursa was nowhere to be seen, but the biggest pocket of her bag was open, with the much of the contents scattered around it. A half-unfolded shirt popped out of it as she watched, and she came over to peer inside. The Teddiursa looked up at her innocently, sucking on her paw again, like she'd always been in the bag, and belonged there, and she didn't know a single thing about all the displaced clothing.

Carol stared down at her She'd barely turned her back for a second. "Hmm. All my stuff seems to have fallen out of my bag by itself," she said. The Teddiursa batted her eyes at her. "Well, I guess I better pack it up again." She picked up a few items that were still mostly folded, and replaced them in the bag, on top of the Teddiursa.

"Teddi!! Teddiursa!" came a piping protest that sounded a lot like a giggle, and Carol pulled the stuff out again, and peered down.

"Oh well, hello!" Carol said, as if in surprise, and the Teddiursa was smiling around its paw.

"Don't get lost, little sister, you're the only one I've got, and you'd be expensive to replace," Lowry said, and his voice was teasing, but she could feel the worry in his hug. She stood back and looked up at him. No one would likely guess they were family, not with her freckly light skin and his the colour of coffee with just a little milk in it, but even though their parents had only been together for four years, she felt like she couldn't remember a time without him around, or Andy either, or Dad.

"I won't," she wrinkled her nose at him, and he poked it. She'd come by the restaurant, Amber Town's own Slice of Life, to see Lowry, who was working front of house, because he'd crashed at the Slice the night before and hadn't been there this morning. Dad was in the kitchen now, and Mom was probably in her office. Andy was in the middle of waiting tables during the lunch rush. She'd said goodbye to the three of them already, though, and she didn't want to do it all over again.

"Dad made these for you," Lowry told her, and ducked behind his counter to pull out a cardboard box in a plastic bag. Dad specialized in quiches and pies, of the meal and dessert varieties—that's what the restaurant was known for—and so she knew what would be in there. A mini-quiche or a pot pie, and a couple of dessert tarts.

"Oooh," she said, and parted the bag handles to smell the scents rising from the box. The food would probably be good for making friends with the Teddiursa, too, who was currently back her pokeball. Carol had only barely realized that she didn't want the pokemon taking apart the reception area while she had her back turned.

A group of people came in the front door, ending the momentary lull in the rush, and Carol backed up to let Lowry greet them, slipping out with a last little wave.

She moved back out to the street, and moved onward. The town was so new-looking and pretty, they hadn't been here long, but it was home to her. They were still improving it though, thing had changed even in that one year they'd been here. She wondered how much would be different when she got back.

Forget that for now though. It was the whole of Vassa that was new to her, and she was gonna see it all.

Years
    Broadway: Wow! That was a great post =D I'm diggin' Teddiursa already XD
    Carol received a Teddiursa, Unlimited Pokeballs, a Pokedex, and a map of the Vassa Region!

daydreambeliever

Awkwardturtleshipping (L)
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    No matter how hard it gets, you can get through it. No matter how hopeless it feels, you will live through it. No matter how much you just want it all to end, tomorrow is a brand new day. No matter how much you think it is all over, remember that I believe in you and that I love you always.

She waved goodbye to her parents, who were holding back tears. She gave each brother a kiss on the top of their heads, said her final goodbyes and started to walk into town, her bag on one shoulder. It took Nevada five minutes to walk into the town square and suddenly, she was noticing things about Amber Town that she had never seen before. For one, the road was no longer old cobble stones but clean white pavers. The houses and the shops had been either renovated or decorated to make them look modern and for the first time since she had moved to the area, appealing and attractive to customers. There were even people eating in some of these restaurants! Normally they would be empty at this time of year.

The Nevada saw it! The Professor's lab, a tall white building that seemed to go up to three or four stories high. As she got closer, she noticed that the building was surrounded by a white picket fence that seemed to go on for ages, but it was the creatures inside the fencing that caught her eye. There had to be at least thirty different kinds of Pokemon in there. Pidgey, Squirtle, Bidoof, Geodude, Bonsly, Cleffa and Wooper, just to name a few. Nevada walked up to the picket fence and watched the Pokemon play.

'Squirtle, Squirtle,' cried the little blue Pokemon, who had just noticed Nevada. It was smiling widely at her and started to jump around with excitement.

'Why hello there, you little cutie,' said Nevada, waving at the Pokemon. Suddenly, the smile was wiped off Squirtle's face when it saw Geodude running at it and BAM! Squirtle was lying unconscious on the ground, with Geodude celebrating an easy victory. Nevada run to the Professor door and knocked loudly. A man answered the door and Nevada knew this man as Professor Elm, she had seen his photo on posters that had been plastered around Amber Town welcoming his arrival. Yet the man standing in front of her didn't have the broad grin that was showed on the poster, instead this man had dark bags underneath his eyes and his hair was all messy. He looked like he hadn't got any sleep in some time.

'Welcome my child to my la-'

'Sorry to interrupt you Professor, but one of your Pokemon is unconscious and I think it may need some medical help,' exclaimed Nevada, worried for the Squirtle's sake. Instead of rushing off to assist the Pokemon, Professer Elm just laughed and gave a weak smile.

'Oh, don't worry about them. They are just playing around. I'm sure the Pokemon you speak of is now running about happily and playing with the others.' Sure enough, Squirtle was off the ground and playing with his friends, acting like before didn't even happen.

'Oh.'

'Come in, come in.' Nevada's jaw dropped at the sight of the laboratory filled gizmos and machines that she had never even dreamt about.

'Your name?' asked the Professor, who was now on the other side of the room.

'Nevada,' she said as she walked over to the Professor. 'Nevada Wheeler.'

'Ah, yes,' said the Professor, holding a clip board as he checked something off a list. 'How you thought about what Pokemon you would like?' This question stumped Nevada. She had thought long and hard about the journey ahead of her and she knew she would do it along side a Pokemon, but she has never thought about which one.

'To tell you the truth, I haven't.' Mental head slap, what kind of idiot was she not to have thought about which Pokemon she wanted!

'Well, you will just have to pick and hope for the best.' The Professor walked over to a table and placed 4 Pokeballs on the table, each with a label. 'These are the four Pokemon you have to choose out of.' Nevada walked closer to the table and had a look at the names. Gastly, which was a ghost Pokemon. Not for her. Houndoor. She had no clue what that Pokemon was, so she decided to skip it. It was the next Pokeball that caught her attention. The label was 'Poliwag' and Nevada knew about this one. It was Ben's favourite Pokemon.

'Look over there, Nevada,' Ben had told her as he pointed to the stream. 'See that Pokemon over there?' She looked and saw a little round blue Pokemon bobbing it's head in and out of the water. 'That is a Poliwag, and one day I'm going to catch one.'

Sadly, that day would never come. Tears started to well up in her eyes as she remembered her love.

'Are you alright?' asked the Professor concerned, who had never seen a child cry when they were receiving their first Pokemon!

'Sorry Professor,' she said wiping the tears away. 'I'm fine.' The Professor had that look on his face that he didn't know if she was telling the truth or not. She decided she needed to change the subject before he asked more questions and she got even sadder. 'I would like this one,' Nevada said, pointing at the third Pokeball.

'Ah, Poliwag. A water type Pokemon for the crying girl,' he laughed, assumed by his joke. Nevada just smiled and picked up the Pokeball. 'Now, for the rest of your gear. A Pokedex, some Pokeballs and a map of the Vassa region. Now, don't lose this, it might be the only thing that will help you complete your journey. And as for the Pokedex, there is now a new function on it to determine how much a Pokemon likes you. You may want to use it when you first met your Pokemon.' Professor Elm smiled at Nevada, who was trying to process the large amount of information that was being thrown at her. 'Now, start your adventure at Route 301 and don't forget you can email me at any Pokemon Center. Please do check in once and a while.'

---

Route 301, read the sign and shivers went down Nevada's spine. She was actually doing this! She didn't know whether it was excitement or fear that was pulsating through her veins.

'Okay, time to let you out and say hello.' Nevada pushed the button on the front of the Pokeball and suddenly it opened up to reveal her first Pokemon, a Poliwag. She opened up her Pokedex and pointed it at the Pokemon.

'Poliwag, the Tadpole Pokemon. Its skin is so thin, its internal organs are visible. It has trouble walking on its newly grown feet.'

Nevada closed her Pokedex and walked towards her new Pokemon, who seemed scared of her.

'No need to be afraid, darling. I'm Nevada and I'm your trainer!' Not only did the Poliwag not warm up to her but it even moved away from Nevada. 'Oh dear me, you are a shy one.' She moved closer to the Pokemon, trying to show it that she was nothing be scared of, but instead Poliwag turned around and ran from Nevada, only to fall flat on its face. 'You can't walk too well on your feet, can you?' Slowly, she creped up behind the Poliwag and softly picked it up into her arms. The Poliwag had been crying. 'No need to cry. Everything will be alright.' Then Nevada had an idea! 'This always works with my brothers.' She started to rock the Poliwag gently in her arms, singing a soft lullaby to calm her new friend down. And it worked! The Poliwag soon became calm and relaxed, sending Nevada a big smile. 'That is what I have been waiting to see all day!' exclaimed Nevada, proud with herself. 'Now, just to make sure you don't fall over, how about I carry you some of the way?' Poliwag jumped with excitement.

'Poli Poli!'

'Okay then, let's get started!' Nevada starred out at Route 301 with its tall grass an wide open plains. Oh boy, she thought, am I even up to this?

No matter how hard it gets, you can get through it. No matter how hopeless it feels, you will live through it. No matter how much you just want it all to end, tomorrow is a brand new day. No matter how much you think it is all over, remember that I believe in you and that I love you always.

Ben's final words popped into her head and the tears started to return.

'Poli Poli?' cried Poliwag, worried.

'If he thinks I can do, then I can do it! Right, Poliwag?'

'Poliwag!' exclaimed the tiny Pokemon, and with that they took their first step onto Route 301.

Years
    Daydreambeliever: Very good post =) Ben's final words are rather touching.
    Nevada received a Poliwag, Unlimited Pokeballs, a Pokedex, and a map of the Vassa Region!

sandeon

My Brand!
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2022
    I woke up and whipped my eyes and sat up. "Today's the day!" I exclaimed, happy to have gotten the goodbyes out of the way last night before his parents left for Topaz town. They where moving because of financial reasons and I would be able to see them during the time I will spend there on my journey. I was left to lock up the house and go get my first Pokémon. I put a shirt on and slipped on my hoodie, then put my pants socks and shoes on till I finally got to the last action of putting my what I call "Mail Man Bag" on, because I didn't want to spend too much money on the bag, it was a "used" item, although it looked fine. It was purple with a pokeball print on it except the top half of the ball looking like a skull.

I picked a comb out of my bag of supplies and thoroughly combed my hair. I headed for the door and when I was out, I locked it. I could see the lab, it wasn't too far away, It was tall and I wondered how many stories it held. It was surrounded by the shiny new pokemart and pokecenter; also it was surrounded by a white fence that was so long I couldn't see the ends. The fence was white, the same shade of the lab. Within the gate there where many Pokémon, a poocheana ran up to me and reminded me of my dads mighteana. I crouched down to pet the Pokémon and fed it a pokeblock I had packed, it seemed to like it.

Then the door swung open, and standing in the doorway was Professor Elm, looking tired. "Hello, looks like you already made a Pokémon friend." he said. I jolted up. "Oh, y-y-yeah I g-guess." I stuttered nervously. He was slightly embarrassed, although he didn't get quiet why.
    "Come inside with me and you'll have your own." Elm said with a smile. I walked in with him. We walked down a hallway, turned down another and kept going till we were in a large room with a table in the center. On the table there were three poke balls on the table. Each had a piece of paper with a Pokémon's name written on it, immediately my caught his eye, "Gastly". I knew that it was a ghost Pokémon, I'd never really seen one except in books, but they're my favorite. Then it hit me, he never said I had a choice. I looked at Elm, "Made your choice yet?" Elm asked. My mood brightened "Yes sir, I'll take Gastly please!" I exclaimed. "Ok, she's yours!" he replied. I grabbed the ball and sent out my new Pokémon. She looked relieved to be out of the ball. She looked at Elm and then at me. "Yes" Elm said and Gastly came over and examined me then smiled and said, "Gastly Gast!" "She seems to like you." Elm said. "Yes" I said. "I've got some things to prove useful to you" Elm said as he handed me a pokedex, pokeballs, and a map. "Head to route 301 to start on the road to Carnelian City." "Thanks Elm!" I said running down the hall with Gastly following close behind.

I made it to the route, filled with trees and grass, I remembered Hitmonlee and wondered if he was there. Then after taking a lunch break with Gastly we ran toward Carnelian City.

Years
    Sandeon: A bit short, but it's a first post so I'm not gonna expect a long one anyway XD
    Kitora received a Gastly, Unlimited Pokeballs, a Pokedex, and a map of the Vassa Region!

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    As far as alarm clocks go in the Chauncé residence, this one must be the most hated. The oh so annoying beep rang throught the room, the occupant of which pressed her pillow over her head. Too bad for her that the constant beeping penetrated even pillows on its way to its owner's ears. A dark arm came from underneath the sheets and wildly punched the air, trying to find the alarm clock. She hit its side. Causing it to fall off the nightstand. And still it beeped.

A grunt came from the bed as the girl pulled her sheet over her head along with her pillow. That kind of dulled the beeping and within minutes she was half-asleep and in her dreams again. Until her door swung open, hitting the wall with a bang, causing the girl to sit upright, eyes as open as was physically possible.

"Please shut off that ungodly alarm, just because you can sleep through it doesn't mean the rest of the house can!"

A grunt came from Jane as she let herself fall into the bed again, alarm still attacking her eardrums. The boy that had entered her room, Ty, yanked the plug from the wall and instantly the noise stopped. "Jane! Get your lazy ass out of bed, you have to be at the lab in an hour!"

"I could be a bit late, they wouldn't care…" Came a voice from the very undead person in the bed.

Ty yanked the sheets from her bed, almost causing Jane to fall off of it on the other side. "Jane, get op, now!" A mumbled 'fine' and a few seconds later and the still groggy Jane was sitting on the edge of her bed, rubbing sleep out of her eyes.

"You know what, Ty? You're a pain in the ass. I don't get why Dean didn't drop you off at the pound when he had the chance."

Jane glared at Ty, who in turn smacked her upside the head. "I'm gonna make a cup of coffee and you look like you could use one. Get dressed, and go inhale some caffeine, you look like you need it." He shut the door behind him, but immediately opened it again, catching Jane in her act of falling back into her bed. "I mean it, don't fall asleep again! My waking methods will not be as nice the next time!"

Pfft, like his waking methods had ever been nice! Jane thought, as she yanked some clothed from her drawer and disappeared into her bathroom. Because Dean was so rich that she had her own bathroom. She would miss Bert, because that was her shower's name. Don't even ask. 20 minutes later Jane emerged again, her black hair wet and wrapped into a towel, the rest of her fully clothed and ready to go.

"Took you long enough," was the commentary from a certain white boy with a coffee mug. She glared at him before accepting the coffee readily. This sixteen-year-old practically breathed caffeine.

"Shut up, Ty," Jane snapped, in between sips of her coffee. Ty and her might act like siblings, but they weren't blood related at all. That was quite visible, since it was rather hard to have both a completely chocolate girl with a seriously height problem and an overly tall white guy with a serious… well… Ty problem. The only thing they had in common was that they both had straight, black hair. Jane's being neatly combed and quite short, Ty's being longish and wild, like it always was.

"Anyway, hurry up with your breakfast, there's only half an hour left for you to get your ass up there and leave the house, finally!" Ty was baiting her. Lucky for him, Jane rarely left bait alone.

"Stop being such an *******, Ty! Plus, you didn't seem so eager to see me leave when you bought be a laptop and told me to email you at least twice a day!" She countered, and Ty just laughed.

"And you had better, or else! And you don't want to know what 'or else' means, little stepsis." He threw her bag at her, which she caught expertly. Years of Ty's throwing made her quite a good catcher. "There's some food in that, you'd better be off or you'll be late!"

Jane pulled the messenger bag's strap over her head and quickly hugged Ty, coming only to about his shoulder, and he hugged her back. "I don't know how you'll survive without me, Ty, who else is going to provide comic relief, it's not like Dean's such a funny guy." Dean always tried making jokes, too bad that they weren't always the best jokes. But he made an effort. "Talking about that, aren't you supposed to be at the lab right now?

"Me? Nah. Elm said that he didn't need me there until after he gave away the Pokémon. There's a sick Piloswine that won't let anyone come near." Typical Ty, he's like the Pokémon Whisperer or something.

With that she left, laptop securely in her bag along with some other things. The air was still rather cold with the night's air, even though the sun had been up for a while. Jane remembered when she first moved here from the tropical Hoenn, she had hated the cold air. But now she was so used to it that she didn't even need a jacket anymore, not until the real cold part showed their face.

The Chauncé house was quite close to the Lab, Dean had to be able to get there whenever he was called in, which was quite often. One, the cold nights often ensured that the machinery malfunctions often, and two, Dean always had some samples under analysation that were ready at any minute, even two in the morning. It was no doubt where he was now. She heard something about a dating test on a Marowak's bone, to estimate how old the bone exactly was… Carbon dating or something silly like that.

Despite having two family members that worked in the Lab, well, step-family members, she had never actually been inside the building. It had to be said, it was impressive. Coming in, a warm smile coming, no doubt, from Professor Elm himself greeted her. He looked a bit older than in pictures, with little shimmers of gray in his hair and dark circles under his eyes. Must be because of the Piloswine, thought Jane as she walked forward eagerly.

"And who might you be?" He asked kindly, the wrinkles in the corners of his eyes stood out, he was a man that laughed a lot.

"Jane Chauncé, sir."

"Oh," his face showed surprise. It was natural, she looked nothing like the blonde Dean or even Ty. Obviously the two had forgotten to mention the difference in appearance. This man had better not be racist or she would kick him in the shins with all of her black woman superpowers. But the Professor quickly recovered. "There is, in fact, only three Poké Balls left. Good thing the one that I had intended to give you still remains, although it was almost picked up by someone else!" He closed his hand over a shiny Poké Ball just like the others, and handed it to Jane. There was a label attached which read 'Houndour'.

Jane's spirits dropped. She had been sure that Dean would have told Professor Elm about her love for Steelix. Apparently not. And what the hell was a Houndour anyway? It sounded weird. It was probably some kind of weak rat-critter-thinger. Just her luck too.

Oblivious to Jane's doubts, Professor Elm proceeded in handing her the rest of the necessities. "Here's the Pokéballs, you know what to do with them right?" Jane nodded and he continued. "And this little thing is a Pokédex, you see the-"

"I know, I know. That one's the latest tech and yadda, yadda. Dean and Ty already couldn't stop talking about it." She accepted the device and put it in the front pocket of her bag, then took the Pokéballs and stuffed them in a zipper pocket on the side of the bag. "I already got the map, so don't worry about it."

"Don't lose the map, or the Pokédex. The map will be the only reason you don't get lost and die. The Pokédex is an prototype of the new friendship technology, you're not getting another one."Elm snapped at her, which was understandable, for Jane hadn't really been respectful to him. Elm quickly adjusted his glasses and coughed. "Ehm, well, if that's it, then I guess you can go now."

"Thanks, and say hi to Dean for me!" With that, she was out of the building, onto the street, and off with her journey. Naturally, curiosity got her, and she had to take a look at the Houndour, or whatever. The moment she released it, she was sorry. Out of the Ball came a black dog, with red snout and belly and bone-like growths on his body. The picture on the Pokédex showed the dog-like Pokémon snarling dangerously . The real thing, however, was wagging it's tail like a maniac with a long pink tongue coming out of its mouth from the side.

"Eeehm, Houndour?" An excited bark escaped from the dog when its name was called. Not just his tail was wagging, he entire behind was wagging with it. Then it suddenly started to excitedly jump around, leaning close to the ground with its front, bum stuck in the air and small stump of a tail wagging so fast that it was just a blur. What the hell?!

Jane quickly called the Pokémon back, and ran back to the lab. "Professor Elm! I-I changed my mind! I'll even take the Spheal if you let me!"

An almost devilish grin spread on Professor Elm's face. "I'm sorry, no exchanges."

Years
    Luigi-a: That was hilarious XD The fact she doesn't like her possible "weak rat-critter-thinger" is funny. Houndour is also rather comical as well =3 No exchanges though XD
    Jane received a hyper Houndour, Unlimited Pokeballs, a Pokedex, and a map of the Vassa Region!

Chapter 2: Route 301 Part 1
    Number of Posts: 1
    If you look at your maps, you'd realize that Route 301 is most likely the largest route in the Vassa Region. However, there is a small rest area available when you look closer. It goes south from Amber Town at first, and then juts over to the west, where the rest area is. The route, as you can see which you approach the edge of Amber Town, is made up of very tall grasses. It looks to be like a giant grassland. There are few trees in sight. There is a patch where the grass grows so dense (this is just before the Rest Area) that you cannot even see over it. Good luck navigating through it. Best to keep on the trail and not stray, otherwise you might get lost in the grasses. Just keep your eyes peeled for Pokemon along the way!

Rattata (Common):
    The Vassa Region

Level: 2-4
    Nature: Varies
    Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack*
    *Level 4 Only

Poochyena (Common):
    The Vassa Region

Level: 2-4
    Moves: Tackle

Mareep (Uncommon):
    The Vassa Region

Level: 2-5
    Moves: Tackle, Growl*
    *Level 5 Only

Doduo (Rare):
    The Vassa Region

Level: 3-5
    Moves: Growl, Peck, Quick Attack*
    *Level 5 Only

If you say your wild Pokemon you battle knows quick attack or some other move with a * to where it's a higher level, then I will grade harder, fyi. Anyway, end your post with you arriving through the tall grass and seeing a log cabin in the distance. Good luck with your catches, and happy traveling! And remember kids, ALWAYS leave your Pokemon capturing posts with the Pokeballs shaking at the end. Why? Because I decide if you get it. Don't worry though, I'm not too much of a hard butt on if you catch the Pokemon or not. Probably about 1/50 times you'll lose the Pokemon XD (That was a random number, so don't take it to heart). Also, remember that common Pokemon are obviously going to be much easier to capture than rare Pokemon. Any questions? Go ahead and VM me or post in the OOC ^^

Last edited:
    Years
    The phone went off with a sharp, single ring. Enough to be noticeable but passing so quickly that it would be impossible for anybody to be bothered by it. Tyron was already awake on the floor of his rented room, exercising. He didn't end up checking his phone for another seventeen minutes. It could wait. Nothing was so important that he would risk giving up a routine he had been building over the course of almost ten years. Aside from the year when he broke his leg, he hadn't missed a single day and never once did he start something and then not finish it. He was a man of his word. He kept his promises to everyone, but especially to himself. For a moment he was excited about the possibility that the text message could have come from the professor, but he purged the thought from his mind. He needed to concentrate on what he was doing. Focus was the key to perfection. When he finished his exercises he stood up and walked over to the desk. His phone was a flip phone - even though phones could be locked temporarily so buttons weren't pressed by mistake, he still couldn't stand the thought of things being out of his control.

Sure enough, the message was from Professor Elm. Tyron had the professor's number stored in his phone for later use. His eyes swept over the message briefly and his hopes were confirmed. He had been chosen to be one of the six trainers to receive a rare Pokémon from the professor and be the first to undertake the Vassa region's gym challenge. His nervous system told him to smile but he didn't. Too much excitement could lead to him not being cautious, to making a mistake. He couldn't let his guard down. Not now, not ever. In the message Elm explained that he had a busy day and so he had made time for Tyron at eight. Tyron looked at his watch. He had an hour and a half to reach the Pokémon laboratory. That was plenty of time. He knew his way around this town well by now. After applying for the Vassa challenge, he had left the Dojo in Saffron City and boarded a plane to Carnelian City. He easily had enough money to pay for the plane flight - he hadn't bought anything apart from food, clothing and accommodation for the two years that he had been working at the dojo. Money wasn't a problem, but he made sure he didn't squander it. He didn't know how long it would have to last.

He entered the shower and turned the water on. Stripping down, he stepped in and like usual the water had already heated up. It was nothing like the old buildings in Saffron. Amber Town was still relatively new, and the building he was renting for the time being was only five years old. Everything worked perfectly. It was a lifestyle he decided not to get use to. He would go out and train constantly during the night, even in winter, and then return and have a cold shower after exercising. He was relentless and wouldn't give in to luxury. He had been in this apartment for about a month. He arrived after hiking through Route 301 from Carnelian City alone as a test. Along the way he had run from a couple of Pokémon which he knew he wouldn't be able to tackle, and he had defeated a number of creatures which had decided to pick a fight with him along the way. Either way, he was perfectly fine by himself on a route like this. He wasn't obnoxious about this, however. He realised that he would have to get a Pokémon if he wished to travel on more difficult routes. He had decided that he would remain in Amber Town until the time came that he received a message or call from the professor that explained that he either had or hadn't been chosen to receive a Pokémon.

Tyron had been waiting for this day for the past month, but he hadn't been relying on this outcome. If he hadn't have been picked to undertake this journey officially he would have purchased a few Poké Balls and caught his own Pokémon in the wild. He would explore the region and challenge gym leaders just the same, however he just wouldn't have the professor and the media behind him the entire way. He was a secretive sort of person, so he didn't warm to the idea that newspapers and other forms of media would be checking in on his journey often to report how Professor Elm's amazing six trainers were coping with the difficult journey. It made Tyron wonder why he was picked out of all the wannabe trainers, and heavens knew there were dozens of them waiting in Amber Town, all hoping for the same opportunity. Was he picked randomly? Had they been watching him? Had they spoken to the karate masters back at the Dojo about him? He put the thought aside and just remained satisfied that he had been given the privilege. He turned the shower off and stepped out, drying himself. He checked the time. He still had an hour left to go. The laboratory was a good half an hour walk from where he was staying, so that gave him time to stop in at a cafe and get breakfast along the way.

His room was on the ground floor of the house. He had been staying with a nice family who had decided to give him accommodation until he was ready to begin his journey. They were tolerant, he thought, because they weren't bothered by his lack of speaking. He said what was important and that was that. They wouldn't question him at dinner or wherever else they saw him, but they would have let him speak during dinner-table discussions if he had wanted to. He kept to himself most of the time and apart from dinner and breakfast he was rarely seen in the house unless he was in his bedroom. He collected all of his belongings from his room and placed them into a regular-sized bag. Tyron didn't bother with sleeping bags and the like. It was weak. It also saved a lot of room - two birds with one stone. He went to the printer and took out a piece of paper and wrote on it "Thank you", leaving it on the kitchen bench with the week's rent and extra on top of it to be nice. He left the house for what would be the last time in a long time, and possibly forever, closing the door behind him softly so he wouldn't wake up anybody else. His watch read 7.10am, so everybody else in the household would still be sleeping. He reached over his neck and pulled the hood of his jumper over his head and began walking in the direction of the lab.

He stopped in at a cafe along the way. He had been a regular there for the entire time he had been in Amber Town, though nobody working there even knew his name yet. He kept to himself unless he was ordering something. After a week he didn't even have to speak - he had the same meal every time he went there so when the girl at the counter asked him if he wanted his regular meal all he had to do was nod. It was two eggs, toast, bacon and spinach. He didn't like the taste of spinach but he forced himself to eat it. Over the years he had gotten somewhat used to the taste and the texture of it in his mouth and so consuming it was bearable. The bacon and eggs were a nice meal, he liked them, and he didn't have to worry about it being unhealthy because he would have burned off all the bad stuff within the next couple of hours and used it as energy. When he was finished, he bought a bottle of water and drank some of it on the way to the laboratory. The white picket fence was a familiar sight; he ran past it every afternoon as he went for a long distance run. It was sunny outside, and the laboratory shone even brighter than usual. Outside the grass was green and well tended to by gardeners. Numerous Pokémon played around on the grass outside, but none of them took notice of him as he walked up the path to the laboratory door. The doors were automatic and he stepped in. It was exactly eight o'clock. He walked up to the reception desk.

"Oh, you must be Tyron!" said the woman behind the counter. She was a thin, casually dressed lady of about forty who wore a wide smile on her face and shortish brown hair on her head. She had instantly recognised him. He figured that the professor must have a busy and well planned schedule and so her reaction wasn't surprising. He sat down on one of the six or so chairs in the waiting room, ignoring the magazines to his side. He was waiting about four minutes before Professor Elm came bursting out through a nearby door. He was sweating and his hair was messed up.

"Ah, Tyron!" Elm said cheerfully. He forced a smile that almost hid whatever had happened to him, but it was obvious that he hadn't slept well the previous night. Or even slept at all. Either way, the professor was determined not to let it show. "Nice to meet you, I'm Professor Elm," he said, and held out his hand. Tyron stood up and gripped the professor's hand. He didn't speak, but the professor didn't seem bothered by it. Almost as if he was expecting it. Tyron ignored the paranoia and looked at the professor. "Come, follow me," Elm grinned, and motioned with his hands to follow him through the door.

The inside of the laboratory, or at least this room, was messy. Papers were everywhere and he could swear he could see little shocks of electricity escaping from some of the machines. Elm seemed used to it and continued walking, leading Tyron to a desk with a few Poké Balls on it, presumably the ones that contained the starter Pokémon. "I suppose you've got a Pokémon in mind?" Elm asked. Tyron didn't have to think twice about it.

"I'd like the Natu," he said. His face remained unchanged, but inside his body adrenaline flowed through his veins at the speed of light. It was finally happening. He was going to begin a journey across a new land, some of it never before seen by human eyes. He was ready. Natu was the natural choice for him. He had read much about its evolution, Xatu, and the role it played in many old fables. Xatu was a wise bird, mysterious and knowing far more than people would expect of it. It was also psychic, which would definitely come in handy along the way. The bird was like him in a way, however where the need of physical strength ended and supernatural strength was needed a Xatu would be there.

"O-oh. Okay," Elm said after a long pause. He had probably expected Tyron to say more, but he didn't let it bother him. He picked up one of the Poké Balls and a few other things off the table and handed them to the new trainer. "There you have a Natu, a Pokédex, which I will explain in a minute, some empty Poké Balls to catch other Pokémon with, a map of the Vassa Region." The professor took the Pokédex back out of Tyron's hands and flipped open the screen cover. The colour screen inside had a menu opened. "Now I'm sure you know the basic mechanics of a Pokédex - they'll provide you with data on wild Pokémon and berries and whatever. It's a compact encyclopedia. It also contains a map of the region, should your physical map get lost, and trainer identification, which saves you from having to carry a trainer card around with you as well." Elm pulled out a stylus from the side of the Pokédex and pressed the screen where it said "Instructions". He then shut the Pokédex and put the stylus back in and handed it back to Tyron. "That'll show you how to operate it. If you ever get stuck, just press this button on the side," Elm pointed towards a button on the side of the Pokédex, "and you'll be brought back to the menu. From there, just select the instructions like I did before and hey presto, you've got the instructions again."

Tyron nodded. It was a lot simpler than he had expected. He placed all the items in his backpack except for the Poké Ball, which he kept in his pocket. The professor smiled and began walking back to the entrance of the laboratory. Tyron followed. The professor smiled as one of his six new trainers stepped towards the front door. "You have my number. Just give me a call if you need any help. Any help at all." He smiled again. Tyron turned around and said "thank you". His voice was deep and low, almost unemotional. The professor smiled and waved as a new trainer set out to embark on an epic quest that had been done a million times before in other regions but this one is special okay so shut up XD

***​
    A dollar for every time I said "he had been" XD

Sorry for the wait, I like just woke up and then I'm like "oh god how am I going to write about this guy he seems pretty boring, there's like zero chance for character development the way he carries on" and then I had an idea and it kept coming and it ended up being longer than what I wanted it to be. Don't expect this length every post XD

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    ((Don't have time to pretty it!))

Jane had been on Route 301 countless times. She's played there when she was little, played hide and seek in the tall grass with Ty , went with Dean on excursion all the way up to the rest area and had had picnics with her mom in the sun. But it was different now, as she trudged through the landscape, all alone. She'd never actually been alone on the route.

The strange hyperactive dog was secured in his Pokéball, and Jane preferred it to stay that way. She still couldn't believe how mean Professor Elm had been. No exchanges?! Seriously, though. That was just harsh.

She'd been walking for about an hour now, and still the landmark that she knew was half-way hadn't passed yet. Was time just being cruel to her, or was she actually that slow? The grass was starting to make her feel claustrophobic, is was coming up to her waist now, and rather difficult to move through. More than once Jane had been startled by rustling bushed close to her, but the wild ones had left her alone for now.

She found a fallen tree somewhere. It looked a bit burnt, as if stricken by lightening once, but it was dry, and Jane found herself almost dropping herself on it. Sitting, after an hour of walking, was quite a nice thing.

A flashing light and her Houndour was in front of her, apparently it thought it was time for some fresh air. Right then, it sat down and stared up at Jane. "What do you want?!" She snapped, but the dog just cocked its head to the side, perking its pointy ears up, tip of the tongue already poking out of the mouth. " I suppose you don't really want anything, do you?" A short bark after which the Houndour started panting, still staring at Jane.

"I guess I can't just go on calling you Houndour, can I?" Another bark, he seemed to agree. "Hm, names, names. I could call you Lupine… Nah, doesn't suit you. Lupines are supposed to me smart!" With this Houndour let out an excited kind of howl, it seemed oblivious to the fact it had just been called an idiot. It then jumped up and proceeded in chasing the little stump of a tail, causing Jane to roll her eyes. "Nope, definitely not intelligent."

She went through a lot of names in her head, but nothing quite fit. Then something happened, call it a burst of inspiration, or just a stupid coincidence, but at that same moment Houndour decided that trying to bite his tail wasn't going to work, he opened his mouth, shooting out small, glowing flames, and scorching his own behind. He yelped in pain and pretty much fell on his bum, front paws gliding forward and ended up in a slightly sprawled position, looking dumbfounded with what had just happened.

Jane giggled despite herself. Yes, her Pokémon wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but he was adorable nevertheless. "Pyro, you're Pyro. Because you're such a pyromaniac it's not even funny!" Pyro looked up, blinking once, before reading Jane's expression and barking excitedly while he righted himself in a more ordinary sitting position.

Not knowing what else to do, Jane took her laptop, affectionately named Moon because of its yellowish-white colour, from the bag and opened it. She opened the email program, typed in Ty's email address, and started typing.

Dear Ty,

Dear Ty, what? Who the hell wrote Dear anymore? Right, no one. She quickly backspaced it and started again.

Ola Ty-Bear,

Now what? She used the nickname that she had given him when she first met him as a little kid. Ty had sounded like a weird name, too short. So she had taken it upon herself to lengthen it into Ty-Bear. He hadn't liked it.

Ola Ty-Bear,

Guess what my Pokémon is? A Houndour, which turned out to be a strange dog-like thing. Professor Elm mentioned that he intended it to go to me, and somehow I doubt that was actually his work. Why the hell did you tell him to give me a retarded dog?! You'r seriously such an assface!
    Just a few moments ago the thing scorched his own butt… Seriously Ty, I hate you right now. I could have had a perfectly plausible creature, something that might even be able to kick some serious butt. Instead, I'm saddled with the care for a mentally handicapped. Geez, Ty, how courteous of you.
    Anyway, I'm about half-way into the Route, sitting on a fallen tree, and my feet are sore. Part of me wants to just go home and forget all about this. But I guess I'm not stubborn for nothing…
    I just realized that I never said goodbye to mom, could you tell her I love her? Thanks. And include Dean if you must, God knows he'll pry it out of me anyway. He's just like that. Even from far away he's still entering my brain, I just can't seem to get rid of his stupid jokes! You take after him in that department, Ty.
    Well, I guess I should start walking again before the blisters on my feet heal. God knows we don't want that to happen!

Tschüs!

Ps. I called the idiot Pyro, in case you are interested. Because he's so obviously a pyromaniac. I was thinking of calling him Maso, for masochist, but it just didn't have the same ring to it.

Jane pushed send and waited for the computer to bleep, indicating the message was sent. Well, it was more of a pling. Within seconds the pling sounded, and she closed Moon and stuffed it in her bag.

"Well, Pyro, let's get going shall we? Right, we shall." Writing all of her feelings toward Ty's 'guidance' over her story really lifted up her spirits now it was off her chest a bit. As if the positive energy was attracting the negative, she hadn't taken 10 steps before an angry voice befell her.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" She turned, her mouth in an 'o' shape as she watched someone only a little younger than she was striding toward her. "I just had the thing cornered before you drove it away! Do you know how long I've been hunting for that Doduo?! I'll tell you, forever! Great, thanks. It's appreciated. Why don't you go on and stomp on my feet too, kick my Pokémon why don't you? Ruin my life why don't you?!

"Woah, dude, calm down!" Jane raised her hands in the universal 'woaaaah there' gesture, but it seemed to make him even madder.

"Don't you talk to me like that! I challenge you. To a battle. I will pulverize you with everything I've got?! You will remember John Stewart!"

Jane shrugged. "Sure, why not? But wouldn't the smartest thing be is chase the Doduo before it's gone entirely?"

The guy, John, snorted a laugh. "You're such an amateur. Of course I can't simply chase the Doduo, do you know how fast those things are? It's gone now, loooong gone!" He gestured and out of nowhere a Shinx appeared from out of the tall grass, hissing at Jane. From beside her, Pyro growled back threateningly, tail about half-way up, not wagging anymore.

"Shinx, go and pulverize that runt with a tackle!" Just at that moment another ping-sound came from Jane's laptop. I'm sorry Ty, but you'll have to wait a little.[/]

"Pyro…eeehm… eeeh… dodge!" Too late, Pyro got rammed hard by the Shinx and yipped in pain, but the thick grass cushioned his fall. Jane had to get herself together before it happened again.

"Seriously? Is that how it is? Is that really how it is?" Came the sneer from the opposite side, but Jane simply ignored him. She quickly took out her Pokédex and scanned Pyro's moves.

"Alright, Pyro, let us start with an ember attack, but please watch out with the grass, aim for the ground!" The roots of the grass by the ground was still wet with the morning dew, and therefore not as flammable as the dry tops. Pyro breathed out the flames at Shinx, who didn't dodge in time and got the whole lot of it. It shrieked but quickly got it together again.

Pyro was now excited jumping around, being the excited little puppy that he was. She was never going to win this way, the guy was already laughing at her. "Shinx, use leer!"

"We can do that too Pyro, use leer!" The Houndour used leer, and for a few seconds the two stared at each other, but then one of the reeds to Pyro's right moved, and he looked excitedly at whatever was there, breaking his concentration. When he looked back at Shinx, the creature had him in its gaze immediately. Pyro flinched away from the stare as if it had burnt him.

"Pyro, concentrate, come on!" But the dog just couldn't concentrate at all, he was all over the place. One minute he was serious, the other he was jumping around Shinx as if it were his playmate. John only had to fire the command and Shinx rammed its body into Pyro again. Another yelp as Pyro landed hard on his back, but rolled back up, huffing a bit.

"Pyro, come on, hit it with another ember. No, better idea, why don't you jump around like you did before, but then launch embers with it!" Pyro barked excitedly and jumped in front of Shinx and fire a few embers, before jumping somewhere else and doing the same thing. Pyro was too quick for the Shinx, and it couldn't keep up with the constant line of fire that was being sent at it. It didn't took long for the Shinx to drop its attempts of dodging and fall down, exhausted.

"Pyro, great job! Who remembers whose name now? Huh?!" Jane taunted, and the guy, John, huffed angrily while called back his Shinx. All the while that he was walking away Jane was mocking him, calling after him and feeling very victorious. Pyro barked at him too and Jane jubbed him on his head. "Hm, I guess you're not that bad after all, but you have a long way to go."

then she remembered the email. She quickly sat down in the grass and opened her laptop.

Konnichiwa Janey,

I swear I had nothing to do with that! Well, maybe I should swear things that aren't true *grin*. Come on, you two are perfect for each other!
    Seriously though, give him a chance, and I swear he won't let you down. He's a good Pokémon, strong too, he just has the attention problem. And the energy problem. You'll love him. And you've already named him, that's a proof that you're bonding!
    Dad says that he wouldn't be in your brain all the time if your psychic defenses weren't so low, by the way. I think he might have made a funny! But maybe it was someone else talking in his voice, and with his face. I guess that's a more acceptable explanation than dad actually making a good joke. Or good-ish at least.

Au 'Voir!

PS: You should be glad that you didn't get the Spheal. At least there's hope for the Houndour, the Spheal, however, is beyond any of that.

Last edited:

daydreambeliever

Awkwardturtleshipping (L)
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Nevada had been walking for some time when she decided it was hopeless. How was she meant to go on a grand adventure if she couldn't even get passed the first route?! She sat down on the green grass that covered the surface of the route and opened her bag to look for her map.

'Oh great!' she yelled out aloud. 'Route 301 has to be the longest route in Vassa! And I'm stuck somewhere in the grass. I knew I should have never followed that Rattata off the path!' Poliwag had sat down next to Nevada, looking at it's Trainer with wide open eyes. 'I'm sorry, Poliwag! I didn't mean to yell. It's just...' Poliwag jumped into Nevada's lap and snuggled up against her, as if she was trying to suggest that everything will be okay, or at least that is what Nevada thought Poliwag was doing. 'You have really warmed to me, haven't you?' Poliwag smiled, as if to say yes. 'You know what, I should give you a nickname. I could call you after one of my brothers... Wait!' Nevada dug back into her back pack and pulled out her Pokedex. 'I don't even know what gender you are,' she said, blushing slightly at her idiocy. After pressing as few buttons, the Pokedex told her Poliwag was a female. 'You are a girl! I shouldn't name you after my brothers then...'

Suddenly, Nevada heard a muffled sound in the distance. She stayed silent, hoping to hear it again, and there it was again! It sounded like a cry, a cry of a Pokemon!

'C'mon, Poliwag! I'll name you later, but right now it's time to catch a Pokemon.' Poliwag cried with excitement and jumped into Nevada's arms, and they were off! Nevada was sure she had heard the cry coming from the south of her so she run in that direction, moving her way through the tall grass. The grass soon stopped at a clearing, where the route turned west. Nevada looked out beyond the path and saw a log cabin.

Zap! Something had hit Nevada on the arm and she looked around for the culprit. There in front of them was a yellow fluffly Pokemon.

'Ma reeep!' cried the Pokemon with anger, little shots of electricity shotting out of it's fur. Nevada quietly fished her Pokedex out of her backpack and pointed it at the wild Pokemon.

'Mareep, the Wool Pokemon. Its fluffy coat swells to double when static electricity builds up. Touching it can be shocking.'

Nevada closed the Pokedex and thought of what to do next. 'Electric type, huh?' She looked over at the Mareep whose fur had swelled. 'What type is Poliwag again? Water, yes. Water and Electric are a bad mix, right?' She looked at Poliwag, who looked afraid. 'So we just won't use direct attacks, it can't be that hard, can it?' Nevada placed Poliwag down on the ground.

'Poli!' cried Poliwag, who was becoming more afraid by the second.

'Nothing to fear, Poliwag! Just give it your best. Okay?' Poliwag nodded and smiled, getting ready for her first battle.

'Okay, Pokedex. Work your magic and tell me what moves Poliwag has.' Water Sport and Bubble. Both water moves. Greaaat. 'Um, okay... Poliwag, use Bubble on Mareep.' A series of bubbles came out of Poliwag's mouth and surrounded Mareep, then suddenly the bubbles were gone and Mareep looked virtually untouched.

'Ma reeep!' cried the wile Pokemon, as it run head on into Poliwag, knocking her out of it's path.

'Poliwag!' yelled Nevada, worried for her Pokemon's sake. It took some time for Poliwag to get off the ground, and when she did, Nevada could see she had taken some damage.

'Poliwag!' It looked like Poliwag wasn't going down without a fight, which gave Nevada some hope. The wild Mareep had now turned around and was headed directly towards Poliwag again.

'Okay, Poliwag! We can do this. On my command... Now! Dodge!' Poliwag removed out of the line of attack. Next thing Nevada knew, the Mareep had run into the rock that was directly behind Poliwag and was dazed! 'This is our chance Poliwag! Now, use all your energy on a Bubble attack! Directly at Mareep!' For a slight second, everything was silent and then Poliwag released her attack, sending hundreds of bubbles towards Mareep. Here goes nothing! When the bubbles dissappeared, Nevada quickly fished out a Pokeball and threw it at the dazed wild Pokemon. The Pokeball opened over the Mareep and it was sucked into the capsule, which was shaking on the ground.

Years
    Eliminator Jr.: No worries about the wait, I just wanted the chapter up before I went to bed XD Very good post, loved the description!
    Tyron received a Natu, Unlimited Pokeballs, a Pokedex, and a map of the Vassa Region!

Luigi-a: Jane just enjoys naming things doesn't she? XD
    Jane nicknamed Houndour Pyro! Pyro grew to level 8!

Daydreambeliever: Never follow stray Rattatas off the path X3
    Congratulations, Nevada captured a level 3 female Mareep!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back