• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Villa in Pokemon Platinum

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2012
    For those of you that have Platinum, what do you think of the villa in the resort area that that guy just hands you the key to and says "take it away!" I thought for sure it was haunted or something, the way he insisted you take it. XD

I thought it was a good addition. I love how you can decorate it with all the different things (even if they are super expensive) and random people come to hang out in it. It gives me a good save spot in my game as well (I'm OCD, if i turn my game off for the night I have to save at home or in a pokecenter, lol).

I don't like how you can't sleep in the bed though. You can do it in all the other ones, what makes the canopy bed so different?

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    I thought it's a complete wasteful addition.

Though I got some visitors who dont really do anything for you except talk about stuff you won't ever care about...

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
    Ya I thought it was the coolest thing when I first saw it but now I realize it's a complete waste of money. I wasted A TON of money and only got a few items. I prefer my secret base in the underground.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I actually liked it. Its easy access to some cool music, a save spot and an extra task to complete. I have all the items except for three I saw on Serebii.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2012
    Seems like most people don't like it XD

So would you guys like it more if it was customizable, like the base in RSE?

Years
    I honestly think it's a waste of time and money.

Well, yeah, it is in the Resort Area, and we all know about the Ribbon Syndicate's money-making. The point of the villa is in itself to be a display of wealth, like everything in the Resort Area, so, based on that, it's filled its role exactly. *shrugs*

Xous

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2011
    I'm a little 50/50 on the Villa. For starters, it keeps me busy with unlocking the hidden decorations, which is good. Anything to keep the game from getting stale is good to me. In addition, the fact that some items have effects (like playing music) is nice. However, there are some changes I would have loved to see with the items. I saw someone mention sleeping in the bed. I totally agree. Sure, there's a Pokémon Center a few steps outside, but it's your Villa, and it's your bed, so why not be able to sleep on it? I don't like that pressing "A" on everything just brings up a description about how it looks in the Villa. The bookshelf should actually have books you can read (like they did in Canalave) instead of saying something along the lines of "Rowan brought you all these books". It really leaves nothing to do other than say "oh, that's nice. I'd like to read one, but I can't..." Perhaps the books would mention methods that certain Pokémon need to evolve? Perhaps helpful tips with items? ANYTHING to make it more interesting. And with the items that play music, I think you should be able to activate them and have whatever song they play become the background music to the Villa until you either use another music item, save the game and turn it off, or exit the Villa. Instead, you can only listen when you press "A" and the song plays until you stop "talking" to the item. (Now, I've only done this with the Music Box. If the piano does what I said before, then awesome.)

As for the people that come in and out of the Villa, I'd agree that they needed some work. They normally just talk about something you could care less about. Maybe some interesting hints or tips would have been nice. Again, ANYTHING to keep the game from getting old.

I also would have liked it if the items were movable, but that's mostly a minor detail. The reason they didn't make them movable makes sense, so I guess I can't complain.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    :(

In my opinion I think it was very wasteful. You can't go in the freaking BED what is up with that? The items are like a mega expense, and all you get is people coming by to say hi?! If I'm going to waste my money at least make it worth my wild, please.

So personally, I'm not using it. And I've only been to the thing twice.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    It's a RESORT AREA, so relax. It's not meant to make you stress over
    the prices, it's meant to form another challenge so Plat. will last.
    it's meant to be a villa which you suspiciously got from a kid who said
    it was Steven's (did anyone else notice that?). The whole idea is meant
    to be high-class. The high-prices are just paramount challenges, themselves,
    let alone doing all these things to unlock the furniture. I love the music box
    and the stereo-system. I just love the idea. Who cares if the NPCs don't
    tell you/give you anything valuable (some visits unlock furniture, actually).
    It's meant to be a relaxing place.

So tell me. Why in the hell would a Gym Leader visit the RESORT AREA
    in your VILLA to talk about EV training or pokemon statistics or how their
    gym is running, if the whole idea was to take a break from all that. As you
    may have noticed, most of the NPCs talk about how your villa is dreamy
    and how they'd love to live here, etc. That's exactly the point of the villa.
    It's just a relaxing save point. It is what it is, your home. People just
    love to pick at the finest details in Platinum, like the "Culture Building".

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    The villa is cool and all, but it could have been better. The main thing I want to see is cheaper furniture and a feature that lets you battle any trainer that comes into your house, sort-of like the top-trainer cafe, but stronger, I want to fight more traienrs like my rival when his pokes get in the 80's...

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I'm sure I'm biased in my opinion, but how could I not like having a spiffy little home that is so enticingly awesome that a certain Gym Leader would travel all the way from Oreburgh just to visit and talk about fossils? <3

The music thingies are neat, too, though I do wish the bed and the PC could be used and stuff could be arranged, but whatever. I'm happy~ |D

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I love my "somewhat-impressive" villa! ^^ although it could have more function to it, it is a very nice place, good music, good spot to save, etc. It's kind of an upscale RSE-type secret base, except you can't move stuff. But the things are so big, you probably couldn't do much more than what's already there... In any case it's better than your old room!

@ pink- yes, all important NPCs visit it, excepting the Galactics and perhaps your rival.

fisheydude

Pokemon addict
    Years
    I wouldn't say it is a waste. It wasn't there before so why not. I run through the E4 so much I end up with maxed money quick so it is a fun thing to spend money on. Can't say I will hang out there or anything but it will be one more thing to work towards completing (getting all the stuff that is).

Back