• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the water closet closet

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Walking is great and I need to get out more and do it. But I don't live in a really walkable location, and sometimes the summer weather does not permit it. :(

On the upside, I hope everyone has a good day today! So far, my Tuesday is off to a great start.

Last edited:

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
    I walked everywhere when I lived in Spain unless I was on a time crunch. But unfortunately the States don't have great systems for walking unless you live in the city which I do not.

Years
    I love walking. I cannot wait for my contract to be over and have no obligations, the thing I'm most looking forward to is just being able to go anywhere and wander without having to plan around my job. I've already planned some trips around Cornwall and the Peak District when I return to England. I was never really interested in seeing much of my country until I left it.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I rarely walk, takes 4x as long to get somewhere and im very lazy

What about cycling? Bikes are pretty inexpensive second hand, and are over 5x faster than walking (based on average walking and cycling speeds). Personally I cycle whenever I find myself actually being ready to leave for work with enough time to do so, which is rarely the case :/ Instead I just take the train like 99% of the time since I always have a monthly ticket anyway.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
    What about cycling? Bikes are pretty inexpensive second hand, and are over 5x faster than walking (based on average walking and cycling speeds). Personally I cycle whenever I find myself actually being ready to leave for work with enough time to do so, which is rarely the case :/ Instead I just take the train like 99% of the time since I always have a monthly ticket anyway.

that would be around a 2 hour cycle trip.

Right now I can safely assure going by train is actually viable, got enough funds on my card to make the trip

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
    My college has bike docking stations and what not so you can rent bikes but they're so heavy and the school is so hilly that I don't use them much anymore.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    That must be one hell of a train journey too then, probably around the hour+ mark right? Seems like a nightmare to me. But then I've worked long enough and in enough places to learn that I'm not a communter type, might be different for you.

Years
    confession: i never learned how to ride a bike,,,,,, im very ashamed to admit this tbh. i did see that they're talking about bringing the "rent-a-bicycle" thing to our downtown area, though!

my city doesn't really have much within walking distance from where i live, and it's much too humid to deal with that anyway.

how's everyone's tuesday?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back