• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the water closet closet

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    Oh we talking about walking? I learned to walk everywhere since I never learned how to cycle ^^; Which is weird since I am apparently from one of the bicycle capitals of the world, but I do know how to swim. Also yeah trains are super easy to take here too c: Every small town has a train station ^^

And I recently woke up so just doing breakfast stuf, its weird waking up in the afternoon due to free weeks ^^;

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    ah the good old Dutch and their dams, bicycles, tulips, grachten, flevoland, floods, and weird Flemish neighbours :p

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    I had a flemish friend and a Dutch friend, and one of their favourite pastimes was comparing how different the Dutch was that they speak. Like the Flemish have a much more German 'g' while the Dutch just go... chhhh :p

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    Though I must say the Belgians are weird, like I also been to Wallonia. Weirdest time ever, you can go in a mc donalds order a burger in German and they talk to you in German but once I got my burger they said something in French and I was like "wait wha?". I learned a bit of Dutch btw, I know they said like your 'ij' is pronounced like the 'ei' in Mars'ei'lle so I know roughly how to pronounce stuff ^^;

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    Yeah and then the Flemish come around with their Dutch dialect, while Dutch is just a hybrid of English and German, the Benelux are weird and yeah Luxembourg you can just speak German :p but people from Luxembourg I know speak German with some weird French undertone.

Years
    confession: i never learned how to ride a bike,,,,,, im very ashamed to admit this tbh. i did see that they're talking about bringing the "rent-a-bicycle" thing to our downtown area, though!
    please don't feel ashamed because I am in the same boat as you!

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
    Yeah and then the Flemish come around with their Dutch dialect, while Dutch is just a hybrid of English and German, the Benelux are weird and yeah Luxembourg you can just speak German :p but people from Luxembourg I know speak German with some weird French undertone.

pfffff the belgians and luxembourgians are sure weird but the dutch are fine \ :v /

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Walking is the best, except in summer lmao, but I'm months away from it so I can walk all I want

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years

Dutch is pretty accessible to me, since I know both english and german, but I can't speak it. Thankfully everywhere I've been or anyone that comes from somewhere to here can get by with either english or German. Though the dialect for the Swiss German is quite something. Luxembourg is also very interesting to hear for the first time, caught me really off-guard when the guests started telling me about the issue they had in their hotel room and I stood there, trying to figure out what I'm supposed to be fixing like "come again?" XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    Dutch is pretty accessible to me, since I know both english and german, but I can't speak it. Thankfully everywhere I've been or anyone that comes from somewhere to here can get by with either english or German. Though the dialect for the Swiss German is quite something. Luxembourg is also very interesting to hear for the first time, caught me really off-guard when the guests started telling me about the issue they had in their hotel room and I stood there, trying to figure out what I'm supposed to be fixing like "come again?" XD

Oh I just call the Swiss and Austrians the weird Mountain-Germans, since their language is a bit ... strange :p

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Haha, that made me smile :) What a perfect way to describe them haha

Do you speak German by any chance then?

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    I can not tell exactly what it says but I most often understand it given context or just understand it, heh.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back