• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Water Cube: Whirl Cup Tournament

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    ill join ive got a mint team of water pokemon but i never use them and its about time i did

cowan, if you could fill out the entrance form, I can add you.

Everyone else has been put on the list. I'll release the final 12 choices by midnight EST; I might even let 16 in if we have that many..hmm.

Detox

Friend Code:3136-9152-2297
    How long have you been battling on PC? Ever since I joined
    What's your battling availability like? Everyday, after 6:00 central time
    Why do you want to be apart of the Whirl Cup Championships? Im in it to win it

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
    Username:Gars129
    Friend Code:3522 8541 4119
    How long have you been battling on PC? This would be my first time.
    What's your battling availability like? 8:00 to 10:pm (Atlantic Time, the one in Puerto Rico) everyday, maybe morning on Saturday or afternoon saturday sundays and free days.
    Why do you want to be apart of the Whirl Cup Championships? Because water types are my favorite and i like theme teams. Always wanted to do a water team.

Can I still join? I really wanna. I dont have any Pokemon yet. Do i have time?

Detox

Sooooo.....can I join this tourney Volkner? I dont intend on losing....

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Sooooo.....can I join this tourney Volkner? I dont intend on losing....

Sorry about that earlier, -Kairyu, I missed your post. :P I added you and Gars. Now we just need one more person and we'll have the even 18 i suppose, which is good just in case one person in each group decides to not compete.

Detox

b) Dragon and Ice types don't count as water Pokemon, folks. Even if they're based on water animals or whatever, if they aren't actually the water type you can't use them.

so Kingdra, Gyarados, Lapras, Dewgong,and Walrien are the only Ice/Dragon types that can be used,seeing they are part water,correct?

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    so Kingdra, Gyarados, Lapras, Dewgong,and Walrien are the only Ice/Dragon types that can be used,seeing they are part water,correct?

Of course. All Pokemon, as long as they are Water or Water/other type are permitted. Suicune, Manaphy, and Phione are not permitted in your 3v3 battles, but if you reach the Quarter-Finals then they will be, where battles are 5v5.

Gars129

Years
    Gyarados isn't technically a dragon type, but a flying type (being dragon would have probably made him too powerful.

I just have an idea for a team and want to test it on shoddy, but its just 3v3, how can i battle in shoddy 3v3?

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Gyarados isn't technically a dragon type, but a flying type (being dragon would have probably made him too powerful.

I just have an idea for a team and want to test it on shoddy, but its just 3v3, how can i battle in shoddy 3v3?

You'd have to find someone in particular to test it against who would also only bring 3 Pokemon I think. :P

Detox

now I have 1 last question.....what if someone is caught using a non water type poke?

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2014
    im done training my first pokemon
    and im almost done with my second

we still have 2 weeks right

snowpanther

Wow!! I havent been on in 4eva
    Years
    Adam
    0388 1962 8361
    I have never battled on PC.
    I am on and off on the weekends, I am usually on after 7pm central on the weekdays.
    I think that the whirl cup would be fun

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    And with that we're full! 18 entrants, two groups of 9 battlers. The top 4 in each group will move on to the Quarter-Finals. You will battle each member of your group in 3v3 Water Pokemon battles. Please report the winner and the score to this thread!

We won't be officially starting battles until Wednesday, but since we're full I'll announce each of the groups. Feel free, if you know that someone is ready to battle, to contact them and get a match done early. Good luck everybody! Happy Water-duels! :mudkip^_^:

Seaking Group
    Dark RyanYugo
    Crissy
    Gars129
    Mukkamoto
    Blizzard Master
    pokemew
    snowpanther
    -Kairyu
    junoliv

Swampert Group
    reaper121
    superior rhypierior
    Christiansanity
    Dukey
    Yellow!!!!
    Pkmn Trainer Guy
    Master Krillin
    Volkner's Apprentice
    aragornbird

Last edited:

Gars129

Years
    im not sure about what pokemon should i put

Aw man, i wanted to be swampert (for obvious reasons), but thats ok.

Back