• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Water Cube: Whirl Cup Tournament

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
Years
  • user name- crimsonstorm
    fiend code - 2063 6919 3894
    How long have you been battling on PC? almost 2 months
    Time Zone: eastern u.s time
    What's your battling availability like? I'm free mostly all day expect for 8-9pm.
    Why do you want to be apart of the Whirl Cup Championships? I want to gain more battling experience.

Wooohoooo! We can get this started!

We sure can! crimsonstorm you've been added, also reminding you since you seem to be decently new, keep checking in the thread.

I'll send out a mass PM now to reminder all the battlers. We'll get started this Sunday, July 19th.

Remember, you guys only need three water Pokémon for the first round!

Here's how the format works:

16 battlers will be divided into four groups of four.

Example: Starmie Group
    -Player A
    -Player B
    -Player C
    -Player D

You face off in a 3v3 water types ONLY single battle against each of the people in your group once. Once each player has faced each group member, the TWO with the best records move onto the Elite Eight. With such a small group, that means I need you guys to report the scores of matches when you finish them (ex: A def. B 2-0)

Once you reach the Quarter-Finals, you can use 5 Water Pokémon on your team, and at this stage Suicune is permitted (NOTE: You CANNOT use Suicune in the 3v3s.)

I'll post the match-ups ASAP. They will be here and on the front page/first post.

EDIT: And here's the groups! Like I said, you battle each of the people in your group once in a 3v3 water battle (singles, obviously.) If there's any disconnections, you rematch, no exceptions, complaints, etc. It's 3v3 so it should go quickly. Expect to win easy or lose hard.

Feel free to start matches early! Our actual start date will be Sunday and you guys will have two weeks to battle each person in your group, so make sure to use VM/PM to contact them! The groups have been completely randomized, but it looks like Relicanth Group is packed with the big guns. Good luck, everyone!

Starmie Group
    Volkner's Apprentice
    Ratchet5
    Demonman66
    AnimeFTW

Ludicolo Group
    POKEMASTERALEX
    n64benowitz177
    Death & Strawberry
    Aro-kun

Relicanth Group
    Super Luigi
    Mukkamoto
    Jake™
    natedogg

Wartortle Group
    crimsonstorm
    Syndrome
    Nilojan
    rando serian

Last edited:

Pokehead

Pokedex 50% complete. 246 left
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    Username: Pokehead
    Friend Code:0344-6007-7669
    How long have you been battling on PC? First time
    Time Zone:GMT -6, i.e US central time or Mexico City time
    What's your battling availability like?: I'm usually free all day, but I'll always be free after 8pm more or less.
    Why do you want to be apart of the Whirl Cup Championships?: It sounds like fun, only water pokemon. I want to try it.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Username: Pokehead
    Friend Code:0344-6007-7669
    How long have you been battling on PC? First time
    Time Zone:GMT -6, i.e US central time or Mexico City time
    What's your battling availability like?: I'm usually free all day, but I'll always be free after 8pm more or less.
    Why do you want to be apart of the Whirl Cup Championships?: It sounds like fun, only water pokemon. I want to try it.

Pokehead, you'll be our first substitute in case someone drops out. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2012
    OK, I Will Confirm Here too. Cant wait.
    I swear I bet The most obvious pokemons will be things like Ludicolo, Lanturn, swampert, Kingra and starmie.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Group Relicanth has Big Guns :/
    Starmie group on the other hand seems to be the easiest.

But to the point, if anyone from another wishes to have apractice match just to test you teams then let me know :) and those in my group if you wish to have a battle also contact me to set a possiible time

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Group Relicanth has Big Guns :/
    Starmie group on the other hand seems to be the easiest.

But to the point, if anyone from another wishes to have apractice match just to test you teams then let me know :) and those in my group if you wish to have a battle also contact me to set a possiible time

Who ya calling easy, Megan Fox? ;) Idk, I'd say all 3 groups besides Relicanth are anyone's game. You guys in there will have a tight tussle to see who gets through.

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
  • OK, I Will Confirm Here too. Cant wait.
    I swear I bet The most obvious pokemons will be things like Ludicolo, Lanturn, swampert, Kingra and starmie.

o.O Crap! they're on to us!! lol jk. good luck everyone. hmmm what pokemon should i use.....? T.T
    XD i'm probably gonna lose.......Oh, and is there a rule for using the same status on more than one of your opponents pokemon (please say no....not that i'm gonna use any status moves :P)?

Last edited:

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • o.O Crap! they're on to us!! lol jk. good luck everyone. hmmm what pokemon should i use.....? T.T
    XD i'm probably gonna lose.......Oh, and is there a rule for using the same status on more than one of your opponents pokemon (please say no....not that i'm gonna use any status moves :P)?

Sleep Clause is a standard clause so yes, that is still in effect. You cannot put more than one of your opponent's Pokemon to sleep at a time. However, paralyzing, burning, etc. are all fine.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Alright, guys, feel free to start messaging your opponents and get to it! Today is the starting day. Now, we only have a simple 16 battlers and each of you only needs to get 3 mini-matches finished, so I'm going to give everyone two weeks. On Sunday, August 2nd I want the round robin group to be finished! Let's make that happen, folks!

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    I'll get started on my matches now, because as we speak type, I'm finishing training my last pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2012
    What do you mean by "score"? Oh and since your in my group, you wanna battle?

Back