• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Water Cube: Whirl Cup Tournament

Junoliv

'Luv ur pokemon' how pathetic
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2021
    im ready for the the next too. and i would love to go against my old ffriend and rival muakka in the finals. our fast whirl cup match ended 1-0 to him but that was only beacause my last attack missed which would have made it 1-0 to me. so i cant wait to pay hi back for stealing my last victory, :(

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Did you, Mukka? That'd be awesome. And I have no choice at this point due to reaper's inactivity and due to snowpanther being a tad unreliable with timing (no offense! you've been a great competitor) so you guys can now duke out the finals.

I might put the Whirl Cup #2 on hold for quite some time, since I'm very busy. We'll see..either way I'll locate some prizes for you two. ;)

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I so wanna compete

<------------ Probably needs to look at the rules first BUT I'm there!

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Did you, Mukka? That'd be awesome. And I have no choice at this point due to reaper's inactivity and due to snowpanther being a tad unreliable with timing (no offense! you've been a great competitor) so you guys can now duke out the finals.

I might put the Whirl Cup #2 on hold for quite some time, since I'm very busy. We'll see..either way I'll locate some prizes for you two. ;)

Yeah i think alittle break will help people get ready for WC #2 :P
    but yh ill PM you the banner, and ill get the finals done pretty quick.

Junoliv

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2021
    yh we will dont worry mukka and i got this

Last edited:

Junoliv

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2021
    I am happy to announce that this tournament is over. In the finals JUnoliv vs Mukkamotto i came out victorious beating Mukka 3-0. As far as this tournament is concerned i am the Champion.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I am happy to announce that this tournament is over. In the finals JUnoliv vs Mukkamotto i came out victorious beating Mukka 3-0. As far as this tournament is concerned i am the Champion.

confirming junolivs victory, the match wasnt great seeing how all those plat moves raped me bad :P
    but it wasnt too bad either.
    Congrats Juno :D

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    confirming junolivs victory, the match wasnt great seeing how all those plat moves raped me bad :P
    but it wasnt too bad either.
    Congrats Juno :D

XD Platinum moves strike again, this time to you, Mukka. :P Either way, sounds like it was at least a well played final, and awesome to Junoliv! I do believe that's your first tournament victory of any kind here at PC, and I'll be happy to give you a champions banner and some choices of poke prizes later this week (probably over the weekend since it's my first week back at school.) Let me know what water Pokémon you'd like to appear in the banner via VM and I'll have Aurafire whip one up when he has time. ^_^

Congrats to you of course, Mukka, reaching the finals here, the semi-finals (at least) of the ESO and then quarter-finals (at least) of the PC Wifi Tourney. Not too shabby a resume to start out 2009, eh? Let's hope in the next coming months people still have time to battle and pray that Platinum brings a large group of competitive battlers flocking to PokéCommunity.

As for the Whirl Cup, I think I'll have Color Me Evil or Horizon close this for awhile, at least until I have more time to run things (and it'll give people plenty of time to train some water Pokemon.) Then when April 1st arrives I can reopen the Whirl Cup and hopefully people won't be as busy with school and life by then to join, train, and battle. So yes, I realize that's quite awhile from now, but I'll still be running the ESO and there'll be plenty of other things for people to join up in. Plus the suspense and wait will certainly give you some water-battle lust. ;) Good luck in you're future matches, everyone, and I'll see you back here in April!

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    As per request, the Whirl Cup is being reopened. Good luck with getting the tournament up and running, Volkner's Apprentice. ^^

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    Username: Super Luigi
    Friend Code: 3523 8155 7664 or 4425 0913 1296
    How long have you been battling on PC? About 5 months.
    Time Zone: GMT -7 or -6 aka US Mountain Time
    What's your battling availability like? Usually at night from 8 pm -12 am and 12 pm- to 4 pm in the mornings.
    Why do you want to be apart of the Whirl Cup Championships? Looks fun and I like water typed pokemon.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Thanks, Glaceon_! ^^ Well guys I've reopened the Whirl Cup to get some nicer tournaments back in the Stadium amongst the n00bish ones. XD

You guys can read the rules on the front page and post using the sign-up sheet and once I have 25 entrants, I'll pick 16 to compete! Happy water-fights! ;)

EDIT:
    Username: Super Luigi
    Friend Code: 3523 8155 7664 or 4425 0913 1296
    How long have you been battling on PC? About 5 months.
    Time Zone: GMT -7 or -6 aka US Mountain Time
    What's your battling availability like? Usually at night from 8 pm -12 am and 12 pm- to 4 pm in the mornings.
    Why do you want to be apart of the Whirl Cup Championships? Looks fun and I like water typed pokemon.

Well that was quick XDD I'll put'cha on the list Luigi, check the first post though because while you were just reading this I may have been editing the rules. I just tweaked a few things.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Dude, why not just make a new thread ? :P
    Other than that, i am looking forward for this alot :)

Username: Mukkamoto
    Friend Code: 1418 5218 7909
    How long have you been battling on PC? Approx 1 year.
    Time Zone: GMT +1
    What's your battling availability like? Anytime
    Why do you want to be apart of the Whirl Cup Championships? Since i lost in the last one and want to kick some more ass this time.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Dude, why not just make a new thread ? :P
    Other than that, i am looking forward for this alot :)

Username: Mukkamoto
    Friend Code: 1418 5218 7909
    How long have you been battling on PC? Approx 1 year.
    Time Zone: GMT +1
    Why do you want to be apart of the Whirl Cup Championships? Since i lost in the last one and want to kick some more ass this time.

XD Too much work Mukka, this has the rules/past champions, plus who doesn't love the fantastic water cube? :D Glad to have you aboard.

Detox

Friend code: 1634 0782 6351
    How long have you been battling on PC? 11 months (1 year next month)
    Time Zone: GMT-5
    Whats your battling avalibility like? Anytime
    Why do you want to be a part of the Whirl Cup Championships? I lost in the quaterfinals against Snowpanther last time and I need to redeem myself

Last edited:

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
    Years
    Username:animeFTW
    Friend Code:in sig
    How long have you been battling on PC?not long since i lost my wifi
    Time Zone:Gmt 0
    What's your battling availability like? after friday everyday
    Why do you want to be apart of the Whirl Cup Championships?cuz i want to get more active on wifi

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Great start for the sign-ups, guys. Let's keep it up, shall we? I need at least 16 to start the competition (if we get more though, like I said I'll be choosing 16 to enter based on how active the users are.)

Demonman66

FC: 2750-7380-1369
    Years
    Username: Demonman66
    Friend Code: 2750 7380 1369
    How long have you been battling on PC? Still new so getting it now
    Time Zone: UTC -4
    Why do you want to be apart of the Whirl Cup Championships? To be able to meet other water trainers and see how my water pokemon will fair against others

How long have you been battling on PC? havent battled yet (miss read question sorry)

Last edited:
    Back