• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Whole April Fools/Hacking/Mod Forum thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    I'm not quite that desperate, however, something like this was not only innapropriate, but maybe they could try somehting *new* as a joke every now and then? There's just no originality left.

Kurosaki

Honestly, some of you are forgetting that we're actually human. Yes, I know, it's shocking. =o

Anyways, all year round we use our powers to better the community (which is boring! XD), and it's nice to actually have a chance to use our powers for something more random, else we may become all cranky and gang up on you. >o

Honestly, I bet the majority of you would have done it if you were given the chance.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    Kurosaki said:
    Honestly, some of you are forgetting that we're actually human. Yes, I know, it's shocking. =o

Anyways, all year round we use our powers to better the community (which is boring! XD), and it's nice to actually have a chance to use our powers for something more random, else we may become all cranky and gang up on you. >o

Honestly, I bet the majority of you would have done it if you were given the chance.

Maybe, but consider the fact that there's nothing the average member can do in return on that kind of scale, after all, this holiday is supposed to be for everyone. And honestly, I don't mind the hacking jokes all *that* much, it's just that they're *SO* overdone, it's lost any amusement it could have had by now.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Kurosaki said:

They would have done it worse.

An apology from me, too. But I assure you, don't take it upon yourselves to flame the heck out of us, because you will be punished, as demonstrated.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I think there actually ought to be a public apology actually o.o

This whole day did turn out like this because of the prank~ and frankly it's not amusing.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Shiney said:
    Maybe, but consider the fact that there's nothing the average member can do in return on that kind of scale, after all, this holiday is supposed to be for everyone. And honestly, I don't mind the hacking jokes all *that* much, it's just that they're *SO* overdone, it's lost any amusement it could have had by now.

Well, if it makes you feel any better (which it likely doesn't), the hacking was just a prelude to something more elaborate >P

We actually couldn't change forum skins either, so everyone was on equal footing. We were pranking in the dark, which, undeniably, is quite a feat x_x

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    ...a little untrue there, Kaga, AAs+ didn't have the darkness in their normal accounts. o_o; Although when we were in Todoroki we did, so no fun. ;;

Paul, everyone except for banned members can see these posts. They ARE public apologies. Also, it's really not our fault that some people took it too seriously. =/ Most people can laugh off an April Fool's joke.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Kylie-chan said:
    ...a little untrue there, Kaga, AAs+ didn't have the darkness in their normal accounts. o_o; Although when we were in Todoroki we did, so no fun. ;;

Paul, everyone except for banned members can see these posts. They ARE public apologies. Also, it's really not our fault that some people took it too seriously. =/ Most people can laugh off an April Fool's joke.
    They just have to dig through four pages to find them.

And frankly, everyone can take April Fool's jokes besides some of the staff. You're all crabby today, but you can't just blame us =/ This whole thing could've been avoided easily.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Kylie said:

Well...nevermind, then. Eh...staff pranking staff ._.;

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Chairman Kaga said:
    Well...nevermind, then. Eh...staff pranking staff ._.;
    I was stuck in that blue varient, I think we all lost the skin changer.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Jedi_Amara said:
    It's a matter of knowing when to let something go, I think.

I *do* like the blackout theme. :D
    You're the one who wants to leave =[

*clings* DON'T GO! ;________;

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    The only reason the staff appear 'crabby' is because the members' reactions were unexpected, so you can't just blame us...although, I admit, this might've been a bit overboard; I apologize. ;;?

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Paul said:
    And frankly, everyone can take April Fool's jokes besides some of the staff. You're all crabby today, but you can't just blame us =/ This whole thing could've been avoided easily.

You just completely contradicted the argument of all the people whose side you're fighting on; they're trying to convince us that no one was able to take the joke except for the malevolent facist staff, and now you're saying that the staff were the ones who couldn't take their own joke? Stick to something or quit trying to make it sound like you have a valid argument.

We are angry, and we can blame you for not having the pitifully-small amount of sense it took to see that this was all a joke. How many times do we have to reiterate ourselves to the people who feel compelled to beat this dead horse of your long-defeated arguments? If you honestly want us to not be angry, don't provoke us with nonsense.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    Maybe the joke went too far. Maybe it did not. Maybe some people are too easily offended; maybe they are not. Whatever the case, it appears people on both sides of this argument are being hurt without any healing being accomplished.

What happened, happened, whether it was right or wrong. And, while people have the right the voice their grievances, I am rather sure both parties are fully aware of the grievances and arguments of the others.

During my time at the forum, I have still grown to love the PokeCommunity as a second home. And, it hurts to see it in such disarray. Please just let it rest . . .

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back