• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Wolves' Hideout [A Canine Pokémon Group]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    What do you think of the new battle scene in the 5th gen games?
    Like it.. Like everything except the pokemon, so I'm thinking of just using the older gen's in my team..
    Well then unless you can transfer pokemon or access the dream world early on you're kinda out of luck since you'll only be able to find gen 5 pokemon until much later in the game.

Years
    • he/him
    • Online now
    The Create-a-Wolf-Pokémon event has started, have fun!

New Side-Topic: What is your favorite new B/W item?
    Evolution Stone is the most unique in my opinion, and I like the fact that it makes non-evolved Pokémon like Porygon2 or Shelgon more useful.

killet513

Death the Kid
    Years
    What is your favorite new B/W item?
    I like the cassettes for the new legendary who's name I can't remember. He is like a mix between Mewtwo and Arceus.(I can't spell so don't hate me for misspelling everything.)

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    What is your favorite new B/W item?
    I like the Evolution Stone too.. The name, what it does, everything about it

Yes. Awesome, I actually love it.

uskelly

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • MN
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    I think some new things are pretty cool :) Like the gym leaders and new land... I think the Pokemon look a bit off though. They don't seem as realistic as they should be. I remember seeing a pokemon that looked lik icecream and another that looked like a gear with a face on it...

Years
    • he/him
    • Online now
    I think some new things are pretty cool :) Like the gym leaders and new land... I think the Pokemon look a bit off though. They don't seem as realistic as they should be. I remember seeing a pokemon that looked lik icecream and another that looked like a gear with a face on it...
    I assume you want to join since you replied to a topic?

Well, the CAWP has pretty much ended, which was a huge success (sarcasm)!

Vote: Do you believe that Raikou should be a wolf?
    Remember to look over its sprites, movesets, and so on to be sure that you don't see any canine attributes.

I'll state my opinion later, too tired to do so.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    It's debatable... Though it does seem to resemble a feline more so than a canine... kind of in the same way that the shinx line does.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years

Honestly, I want Raikou to be a Wolf Pokemon, but it doesn't look like a Wolf Pokemon at all. It has a more feline look than a wolf. The only moves that Raikou can learn naturally that is wolf-like are Bite and Crunch. That's not much, but then again there's not a lot of moves are considered "wolf-like."

killet513

Death the Kid
    Years
    Yes. I love Raikou. I think he should since the other two are, and that he can learn bite and crunch like BHwolfgang said.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Despite how awesome it is, no. It's more of a feline. But it would be nice if it stays.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    In all fairness, it really shouldn't, I like it but it has way more Feline attributes, and, as stated, the only two remotley "wolf-like" moves it learns are Bite and Crunch..

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    Even if Raikou appears much more feline than canine, it still has canine features and therefore should be included. Though the trio is mainly cat-based, there's a reason they're referred to as "The Legendary Dogs" and I think we need to acknowledge that. And TBH, if Zigzagoon can be called a "wolf," then Raikou is even more entitled.

Years
    • he/him
    • Online now
    No, because Bark Out (a move that it learns) is the only somewhat canine attribute I can find. Still, lions and most likely other wild cats are able to bark-like growl, which is probably why it can learn the move. That also could be the reason why Lepardas learns Bark Out. The origin of Raikou has no canines (other than Raijū sometimes being in a shape of a wolf) involved as well:
    Bulbapedia said:
    Raikou is based on the 雷獣 raijū, a thunder demon of Japanese lore. In regards to physical build, it is based on the Smilodon fatalis, a well-known but extinct species of wildcat often referred to as a saber-toothed tiger. Its color and pattern scheme are reminiscent to that of a Tiger. In the anime, Raikou is shown to be very agile, swift, stealthy, and a powerful attacker, just like a tiger. It has sharp claws in addition to it's long fangs, and its roar, which sounds like thunder, is so loud it can be heard miles away. The stripes that decorate Raikou's body also can be compared to zigzagging thunderbolts and perhaps even scars from claws. The white ruff around Raikou's face is akin to the Siberian Tiger 's thick fur around its neck. The grey "plate" atop its head may be similar to Entei's head ornament, being either a helmet or crown that signifies courage and power. Raikou is particularly based on the Thunder and Lightning gods of most cultures surrounding the world. The flowing purple mane on its back is likely meant to invoke the image of a cumulonimbus cloud, the cloud type most often associated with thunderstorms.
    Bulbapedia may not be very accurate, but this seems correct.

Even if Raikou appears much more feline than canine, it still has canine features and therefore should be included.
    This.

And TBH, if Zigzagoon can be called a "wolf," then Raikou is even more entitled.
    Zigzagoon is based on a raccoon dog, which is a canine.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    Zigzagoon is based on a raccoon dog, which is a canine.
    Oooh, sorry about that. Should've done my research before picking on Zigzagoon.
    In any case, I stand by my vote. He's a legendary beast just like Entei and Suicune, so I believe he is a canine through association. But there's little to no solid evidence to back it up, so I'd understand if he was removed.

Years
    Do you believe that Raikou should be a wolf?
    I'm not really sure... It is one of the Legendary Dogs, but I still think it's more of a feline, like everyone else.

Years
    • he/him
    • Online now
    Say goodbye to Raikou, it's no longer a wolf due to the votes!

New Side-Topic: Do you like to nickname Pokémon?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    New Side-Topic: Do you like to nickname Pokémon?

It depends on what kind of Pokémon it is. I certainly don't like nicknaming my rarest catches or for that matter, certain Pokémon that have something special for me. It is pretty fun to think of random names (especially sometimes when you include your friend or foe's name) for your Pokémon depending on what they are. Once in a while if I'm serious about the nickname I'll think about something that will fit the Pokémon's nature and style.

Years
    • he/him
    • Online now
    Oh, and for Kaori's recent suggestion on MSN: does anyone want to make a Pokémon (if possible, wolf Pokémon) trivia crossword puzzle, or do I have to do it?

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    Do you like to nickname Pokémon?
    I rarely nickname my Pokemon, I've only done it like... twice I think.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Seeing as we're trying to raise activity for our Hideout as well as have our members more involved and interested in this place, I've decided to create this topic as well for you to put your thoughts and ideas in. Please take the time to think about what you would like to see happen in our group as it'll help out a lot.

What ideas or suggestions do you have in mind for future events in the Wolves' Hideout? How do you think this will help raise activity for our group?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back