• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floette

Fairy Trainer
Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    I've had mixed luck - I got a Froakie on one trade, and a Bunnelby on the next .__. I try and give away pokémon who evolve through trade, rarer pokémon or freshly hatched pokémon, so someone will really enjoy them!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I think I'm gonna start evolving the Bunnelby I keep getting. Send out that big macho rabbit instead and see if it's more appreciated, lol.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    My more recent endeavors yielded my first Protean Froakie. A little sad its Male but I can attempt to breed a female Protean so I can test Egg Moves. The other was a fully trained Tyrantrum. I was shocked when I got this bad boy. Maxed Attack and HP EVs with some in speed it seemed. May not be the best choice, but I can reset if I need to...though its only bad quality is it has a Special Attack boosting nature that lowers Attack.

Years
  • I've been in a holiday spirit or something the past couple of days because I put together a full box of various pokémon that are Halloween themed and nicknamed (favorite being the Lanturn named Jack-O') and I have wonder traded half of them so far. I decided to be even nicer and made them all catch Pokérus and gave them slightly rarer berries. So far I have received some nice pokémon such as Chansey and others with good natures and hidden abilities. I love wonder trade. It's so addictive and lately I rarely get a terrible trade.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • No, Bunnelby is. I seem to get loads of Charmander as well, probably those "breeding rejects." Some are useful, though.
    So lucky! I've been hoping someone would be generous enough to trade me a Charmander over Wonder Trade, but no dice yet. I did happen to receive a Super Large Pumpkaboo today though. It's now a very large Gourgeist that I plan on EV training and leveling up.

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
    Years
  • I mostly trade Gibles because I have hundreds of them, and I personally think I've received decent Pokémon from Wonder Trades.

Heatmor(lvl 45), Froakie, Dwebble, Caterpie, Electrike and Cubone.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Someone traded me a gengar for my shroomish. I feel kinda bad....

On the plus side my shroomish had pokerus and the gengar looks like it was caught as a haunter and evolved straight away. I guess it evens out.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm trading Ghost Pokemon with various held items (ranging from berries to evolution stones) for Halloween tonight, and I've gotten some good stuff in return!

Fennekin w/ Pokerus
    Adamant Technician Scyther
    Ninjask
    Modest Solar Power Charmeleon
    Cubone
    Poliwag
    Adaptability Eevee x2
    Drapion
    Jolly Japanese Gible
    Timid Moody Snorunt

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • I've been wonder trading left and right throughout the game, and I've gotten all three Kalos starters, two Johto starters (Squirtle with aurasphere :O and an ivysaur), several nice pokes left and right (including a ghastly i wanted to get a gengar) and I've been trying to send off ok pokemon. I try not to send useless ones like oddish and whatnot, but I generally wonder trade again any useless pokes i get :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2014
    Traded a few Eevee's and a couple Doublade's and got another Froakie, Torchic, Squirtle, Charmander and a Fennekin.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    Hey everyone. I'm new to the forums, but I wanted to drop in here and say that I've been naming my wonder trades (at)NomadRT in the hopes that someone out there would figure out that this was really @NomadRT and then contact me via Twitter.

Not all of them... (would be too time consuming when I'm trying to breed a shiny), but at least a healthy number of them were named this way.

Ribbon

The Queen of Shinx
    Years
  • I love Wonder Trade. I try to only send out interesting things over it, so the fossil Pokemon, starters, Pokemon with Hidden abilities, hard to find Pokemon (Carbink, Noibat), foreign Pokemon (that I received but don't need), and trade evolutions...that's what I'm always sending out. I don't mind getting lame stuff if I don't already have it (got a Zigzagoon yesterday and jumped around cause I didn't have it and I really like Zigzagoon lol).

I've gotten some good stuff through it though! Adamant Mawile, Gengar, Pumpkaboo, Trevenant, Protean Froakie, Zigzagoon...probably other stuff, I just can't think, lol.

Yes, wonder trade is pretty awesome. I also enjoy sending out rare/interesting pokemon. I've been breeding for a shiny eevee and all the babies go into wonder trade. They all have Wish so it's a pretty cool giveaway. I don't mind whatever I get, since I usually keep all the pokemon traded to me until I play lottery that day, and then I keep the ones that are actually useful to me (rare abilities, good IVs/Nature, Move breeders and foreign pokemon).

I'm addicted to Wonder Trade... o:

Years
  • I was able to get some stuff I hadn't come across yet at the point of the game I was in. Got a noibat fairly early on which was nice since I wanted to play through with a noivern. I've now got that noivern to level 99 thanks to extra exp from trading plus pokemon-amie and a lucky egg.
    Plus I got a adamant tyrunt with the elemental fangs.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • My friend threw a bunch of scatterbugs like a douchebag and got the monkey trio pretty high-leveled (in the 40's).

Shattered

Sableye
    Years
  • So far my best gems from WT are Shiny Poliwhirl with an attached King's Rock, Shiny Qwilfish, Shiny Magikarp, perfect IV Protean Froakie with a Timid Nature.

Also managed to receive all of the version exclusive fossils, which I'm happy about.. That being said I've had 300-ish trades so far, it's so addictive! (Apart from the Bidoof and Fletchling)

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2014
    The best pokemon I got from wounder trade are the gen 1 starters and gen 6 starters :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back