• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifloon

I can't remember what I traded, but yesterday I got a level 46 Stunfisk ._. I think most of the time you get something pointless but every so often you get...a level 46 Stunfisk...

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • Wonder Trading Danger!

Recently people have been sending virus pokemon over Wonder Trade.
    These Pokemon are listed as Mystery Gift Eggs that will replace all the pokemon in your boxes with bad eggs as time passes.
    In order to protect your pokemon you will have to transfer them to another cartridge and better dont transfer the pokemon that were in the same box as the egg to avoid infection risk.
    Then wipe your save clean.Thats the only way.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    My most recent acquisition was a baby Noibat (Lv.1). While I typically will not play with Pokémon that are not encountered yet by me in the game, in terms of their location, I will make exceptions for babies that I acquire like this and train them personally.

I ought to breed some others that I caught in evolved form while filling the Pokédex and see what I can get from the GTS for them.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    If this is true thanks a lot for telling me this, I will be sure to avoid Wonder Trade now.

Emerald_Fire

(Insert Espurr meme here)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    Yeesh. And I thought people sending Level 3 Bug-types across the WT interface was bad.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    No offense but i don't believe this. Only one person has hacked the game so far. I did around 30 trades yesterday and got no virus(if true then thankfully), do you have proof? Anyway if this is real thanks, I'll avoid it for now. I am doing shiny hunting anyway.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2014
    Gonna put a buncha Spheal on there later. After that, GOOMY. WITH CREEPY NICKNAMES.

iicraft505

A Magikarp ate your pie.
    Years
  • I think I am going to send some squirtles through Wonder Trade once the rumored Egg problem is fixed or proved to not exist. Either way...

Moist

other in a month When you,
    Years
  • If that's the case, what was the point in picking specific Pokemon at specific level holding evolutionary stones? Was it just out of consideration for people who were going to receive your Pokemon? (I might have answered myself there)

Well, originally I was just trying to fill the wonder trade with good things but after breeding + buying I thought of posting what I get back.

Years
  • I sent out 4 boxes of leftover ralts from breeding last night, and got no "mystery egg". I've deemed it a scare tactic to get people to stop using it. :P

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Perhaps someone tried trading a hacked Hoopa? {XD}

In my view, we have Pokémon Bank in a month. I figure even if the bad omelettes do exist (be careful about that gas, it's stinky), we can for $5 a year move all our Pokémon there and restart the game quickly. In my case, I am debating getting Y and then one game can be my Wonder Trade and breeding station. Bam, easy.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I've used it twice, I traded a Scraggy and received a Magby.
    I then traded a Binacle and obtained Nosepass.

Magby was unexpected though! I don't plan to use the feature as often...

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Recently people have been sending virus pokemon over Wonder Trade.
    These Pokemon are listed as Mystery Gift Eggs that will replace all the pokemon in your boxes with bad eggs as time passes.
    In order to protect your pokemon you will have to transfer them to another cartridge and better dont transfer the pokemon that were in the same box as the egg to avoid infection risk.
    Then wipe your save clean.Thats the only way.

The internet is so stupid sometimes. The Original video the RUMOR is based on says NO TRADING was involved.

The glitch presents itself after the first gym consistently, even when reset. That is assuming it was even real in the first place, which is still in the realm of RUMORS. This glitch also presented itself ON RELEASE DAY meaning NO HACKING involved.

From what I have read since then, the story has been half told and made to sound worse than it is.

If You have not encountered a Bad Egg after 10+ hours, your cart is clean.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back