• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Writer's Club

Sankari

...gone.
    Years
    Yeah, that's a great idea! I'm not a mod, though. I guess we need one of their permission.
    Maybe we could share bits and pieces of the stories we make. Is it okay with you?

Last edited:

Mystical Mewtwo

Or MM2 for lazy typers
    Years
    hah

Well, even though im not an offical part of this club *ahem* i will tell you about a story i wrote. Thirty pages of fantasy and old school swords, arrows, and of course, a sprinkle of magic. Although the story isnt that good, it gave me a chance to exspress myself on the paper. I learned how to develop characters, and how to make plot and theme. As of now, i am reading the ingerneus work of Shakspear as well as Tolken to try and find how they use the literary elements to make there works such masterpeaces. I am working on a novel as we speak (or type...erm) which is about the life of a soldger: starting from boot camp, and ending in Iraq. Of course, i am still in the reaserch phase, and have not started writting past the first chapter, i belive that my deeper sence of books since my first Novel will help me to write it.

Wow, guys, that was deep.

Sankari

...gone.
    Years
    Oops :X I'm Soo sorry, MM! I didn't know you wanted to join! Alright, you're in! I'll say my bit of story, and I thought it was sort of anime-ish.
    A-hem.
    My story is about this star that is inhabited by humans and mythical creatures. A boy named Juan keeps waking up in the dead of night with this weird nightmares that make him nearly sweat to death. One day, oddly, they get the newspaper which says that the Elemental Crystals, which are the sources of life, and the Princess of the Star have been stolen! Without them, the magic that is keeping the star alive will die within 3 months or so. Juan decides to set off on a journey, going through many obstacles, and meeting new friends.
    I think I'm going to put the story in Other Fan Fiction, so I hope you read it!

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
    I didn't know there was a writer's club 0o0

Well, my story is in my sig *click*. It's drama/action... has Pokemon abuse. It's loosely based on the ep, "The Punchy Pokemon". It's about the Hitmonchan in it *duh*

Favorite books: Watership Down, Wizard of Oz, Was, Star Wars: Tales of the Bounty Hunters

Sankari

...gone.
    Years
    Sounds interesting...
    I'm reading the Hobbit right now and I read something that's really true. Stories that just have only good things happen and no action or violence are boring, but the opposite of that is great! Don't you agree?
    You know, a story is always like everything is fine, then something leads to a problem, they have to fix it, then everyone's happy. Something some writer's have to notice ;)
    You can join, Iveechan. Wow! I guess I'm not the only one that is obsessed with writing fantasies and reading them.
    I'm a dork :B (and yipee! I just created the first buck-toothed smiley)
    *hits self with computer moniter

Yamichu

o.O;
    Years
    • Age 119
    • Seen May 21, 2004
    I've never written my stories out to the puplic before so I don't know if I'm any good but I do love writing! My fave typs of books are sorta sad books and fantasy. That's what I usually write...
    I'll make up some stories later...
    My fave books are Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit.
    So, can I be in? :nervous:

~HORN?

Sankari

...gone.
    Years
    Yeah, sure. Don't worry about showing your stories to the public because that's how every writer feels at first. I wouldn't let anyone read my stories until my mom and sister started cleaning my room and getting their hands on my stories. They said they're really good.
    Now, we need a new topic. How about this: try to name the first story you made. It doesn't matter if it's a picture book, because that's mine. My story was about an arrow that showed you the way. I made it when I was 3. It showed me following an arrow out of bed and down the stairs and all of that nonsense.

I like your signature!

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
    I made up picture stories a lot when I was young since I was always better at drawing than writing, but my first attempt at a book of sorts was 2nd grade. It was about a mouse who ate a lot and grew really really huge. It was drawn in a sillouette style. Never named it.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen May 27, 2011
    um... is this club all about fanfiction or general writing since... I can write but only essays and articles...some... :)

Blaine

Mon chere...
    Years
    Dude... Ya'll, SPon11 'specially, shouldn't judge whether or not people are good authors whether or not they have stories up on PC. I mean, I posted a fic on here before and nobody ever looked at it!

So, yeah, I write, and I write pretty well too. Y'know? I'm on a timed writing team, my essay one of three sent into a city-wide competition from my school, my poetry published, and I've been invited to workshops for high schoolers and eighth graders and I'm a seventh grader. I mean, I'm not bragging but just cos I don't have stuff here doesn't mean I'm no good or just suck in general.

My favorite book would have to be between Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (either summer) and so many others... Tamora Pierce Tortall series, A Walk to Remember, The Great Gatsby, Warriors Don't Cry, and my list goes on. I love to read.

Years
    SPon11 said:
    Anything about writing, but you have to like it! Otherwise, you're not in the club.

hmmm... that doesn't sound like club spirit. SOmeone can be in the club even though they don't write stories... Flames over here writes articles and stuff... ^_^

Sankari

...gone.
    Years
    No, I meant you can be good at writing or bad at it, but you still have to love/like writing to be in the club. If you hate writing and you just want to post in here just to make us feel bad...well, that's just plain dumb. That's like joining PC and hating pokemon!

Yamichu

o.O;
    Years
    • Age 119
    • Seen May 21, 2004
    Thanks for the advice SPon11... I'm working on a story about Ash, Misty(she comes back) and Brock finding a new island and new pok?mon but it'll be slightly more better then the tv version of what happens when ever a new place is found...
    And the first story I ever made was about a rainbow lorikeet that was born without colors... I think I was 3 or 4...it was wierd...

~HORN!

Back