• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    I really needed some Super Potions and I have no money, and my Mum said that she bought something. So I go to the Deliveryman and I get from my mom...Coba Berries!? OMGWTF?

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Numel's can be found in Ilex Forest? lol

Thats because DJ Ben plays the Hoenn sound today since it's wednesday.

Every. Single. Call. From. Lyra.

Oh. And every single call from a certain Juggler. What the heck do you people want with me?! D:

OMG that juggler calls me at least once a day. DX Oh yeah, he's famous for his line "dropped my balls!" in Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Last edited:

xforeverxmetalx

<insert clever title here>
    Years
    Trying to catch legendaries in general. Got a Pokemon with hypnosis/other status move and 30 ultra balls. First time I accidentally killed it, second time I weakened it and got it on my first ball.

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Lvl 45 glaceon vs lvl 45 ho-oh

He did sunny day and used sacred fire. Glaceon survived the attack.

WTF :O

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I caught both Ho-oh and Lugia in Ultra Balls. While that isn't impressive in itself, both were at full HP and I caught Ho-oh in 2 balls and Lugia in 6. How are those thing's catch rates so high?

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    That's just pure luck bro. I froze ho-oh, threw a dusk ball at night! It only shook twice and it got out. I had to sr it, try it again without a status and I did it =/

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Will's LV40 Xatu V. my LV. 44 Gyarados.

Gyarados used Dragon Dance!
    Xatu used Confuse Ray!
    Gyarados is confused!
    Xatu used Psychic!
    Gyarados used Bite!
    It's super effective!
    Xatu used Psychic!
    Gyarados fainted...

WTF HOW DID IT SURVIVE THE BITE WAT.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Will's LV40 Xatu V. my LV. 44 Gyarados.

Xatu used Confuse Ray!
    Gyarados is confused!
    Xatu used Psychic!
    Gyarados used Bite!
    It's super effective!
    Xatu used Psychic!
    Gyarados fainted...

WTF HOW DID IT SURVIVE THE BITE WAT.

This reminds me of that AI luck thread. I guess we can see it in full effet here, damn WTF indeed.

A very recent one, Im fighting an exeggcute with my piloswine. All is well except that he's confused and paralyzed. I'm one ice shard from defeating it but he keeps either hitting himself or not moving from paralysis for 3 turns straight. I'm getting smacked by confusions while this happens. I finally get an ice shard off but it didn't kill it....and then exeggcute lands a critical and pilo fainted.

Curse you AI luck!!!!!

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    This reminds me of that AI luck thread. I guess we can see it in full effet here, damn WTF indeed.

A very recent one, Im fighting an exeggcute with my piloswine. All is well except that he's confused and paralyzed. I'm one ice shard from defeating it but he keeps either hitting himself or not moving from paralysis for 3 turns straight. I'm getting smacked by confusions while this happens. I finally get an ice shard off but it didn't kill it....and then exeggcute lands a critical and pilo fainted.

Curse you AI luck!!!!!

That's not LUCK though! Damage has a set formula and it survived cleanly. The damage range isn't big enough for it to have been KO at any rate.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    That AI luck thing reminds me of something lol.

When i was versing Lance, my Salamence used Dragon Claw on his Salamence, the HP gauge kept going down, and the HP gauge looked like Salamence died. But SALAMENCE DIDNT DIE! WTF?? Then he used Dragon Claw and it killed my Salamence.

EDIT: oh w8 it was a Salamence lol

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    That's not LUCK though! Damage has a set formula and it survived cleanly. The damage range isn't big enough for it to have been KO at any rate.

You haven't noticed that sometimes a move will fluctuate on damage? Try fighting an opponent and just keep taking a hit from a move....sometimes it will do more than usual, or lower than usual....and I'm not referring to critical hits either.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    You haven't noticed that sometimes a move will fluctuate on damage? Try fighting an opponent and just keep taking a hit from a move....sometimes it will do more than usual, or lower than usual....and I'm not referring to critical hits either.

I know that. It's not a very big difference though, and Xatu was still in the orange.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I know that. It's not a very big difference though, and Xatu was still in the orange.

Well then, maybe it was Xatu's nature =p

Biggest WTF moment so far, aside from my entire team losing to Red's pikachu.

I was battling red, it turned really epic. It was my final pokemon, Fiery the typhlosion up against red's pikachu and venusaur. My typhlosion has choice specs so I made sure to use flamethrower. Pikachu was gonna go first but red utilized a full restore...I critical hit pikachu and finished it. I was then up against venusaur who I feared would OHKO me with sludge bomb....I was thinking correctly, it brought me down to 4 hp and I brought it down to the yellow. However the poison killed me before I could do anything.

whaaaaaaaa teeeeeehhh Fufufufufufufuuuu

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    My WTF moment was when I first used my evolved Typhlosion?

What happened to Typhlosion's back sprite? It's colored differently than it used to be and it looks like an alien Typhlosion or something.

Mayfan24

Pokemon Trader
    Years
    my "WTF" moment, actually I have a few.

1. Catching the Red Gyarados with a Pokeball, I couldn't do that at all in the original games!
    2. training my togepi and randomly coming across Raikou, throwing a Heavy Ball and almost catching it (3 Shakes)
    3. Catching Zapdos after two Ultra Balls, and then trying to catch Moltres and needing to reset 5 times before catching it
    4. Using a Lv8 Clefairy to catch a Lv70 Mewtwo, I used Sing and caught Mewtwo in an Ultra Ball, second time I have done that :)
    5. Downloading the Yellow Forest Pokewalker course and shaking the Pokewalker 10000 steps to find the Flying Pikachu and getting 15 regular Pikachu, while I had a Pikachu on the Pokewalker

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
    This was actually more from yesterday when I was going through the Radio Tower. Lets just say it wasn't fun. So I'm to the final boss my team is in good shape and a few levels above of Archer's so I am feeling fairly confident. I knock out his first two Pokemon with ease and then he sends out his Houndoom. I now hate his Houndoom. I thought the battles with Morty and Chuck were a pain the you know what but nothing compared to this Houndoom. In order to finally beat it I had to use all my hyper potions, my one super potion, and a max potion. Why? Because my Dragonair kept flinching. Note if this were any other Pokemon this might not be so bad if it weren't for the fact that my Dragonair has become a real powerhouse lately. Literally I think for three or four turns straight it flinched and then when I finally got a hit in it didn't help a lot. I was so happy when the thing finally fainted.

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
    Um..

I can't remember which trainer/Pokemon it was exactly, but a male Pokemon used Attract on my male Typhlosion. o0

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back