• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    Alright ...this just happened recently...i was trying to catch ho-oh in heartgold...it had 3-4 hp left and was paralyzed ,,,so i decided to throw a duskball as it was night...i accidently threw heavy ball...now ho-oh is less than 455.5 lbs so that reduces it's catch rate by 20...NOW IT's -17 !!! and guess what ..it shook three times !!! WTF !!!! Is it supposed to even move once with a negative catch rate ???...and then i threw a dusk ball and it broke on the first turn ....WTF !!!!

humanguy2000

NSMBW hacker
    Years
    I think my eyes need testing.... I was in the first town on my english HG and I saw lyra so I went to say hi but then I noticed that her pokemon... uh... her pokemon was... shiny. And lyra was... uh... she was shiny too.... and when her pokemon walked left it randomly turned into archer and when it went right it transformed into.... ARCEUS!!!

The Who?

What is THIS doing in my hat?!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    I had a Rattata (In training) at cerulean cave and all my pokemon were KO'D, I had just captured mewtwo, and i foolishly forgot to save. What happend next ruined everything. The other pokemon i encountered kept using stat reducing moves, and my only move that wasnt out of pp was scratch, which didnt affect them. Soooo I had to reset.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    ^Trying to get your rattata in the Top Percentage of Rattatas? I'm afraid only Joey has that privilege. Hahahaha

Most recent WTF, well just the Red Battle. Sometimes I have a winning shot, other times I'm hopeless! This battle is a horrid rollercoaster ride.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Not for me. I won without getting KOd, but I transferred my Cresselia over to HGSS.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Not for me. I won without getting KOd, but I transferred my Cresselia over to HGSS.

Yeah I'm not using any legendaries and my team is like 29-31 levels below Red.

Just the fact that I brought him down to one pokemon is amazing.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
    When I first got my PokeWalker, I was shaking it around/walking when shaking didn't work, trying to level up my Pokemon, only to realize that you could only gain one level per walk.

Another PokeWalker moment, is when I was trying to get a Kangaskhan, but all I kept getting were Doduos. Now this was before Serebii updated their site with more information, so I had no idea that only one of the Group A Pokemon would show up and not both of them.

An in-game moment was that I thought my Pokemon were seriously under-leveled, but I had gotten tired of training them in Victory Road, so I decided to fight the Elite Four so I could get more experience. I managed to beat them all with most of my team in the low 40's...

Also, when I went to capture Lugia, I didn't have Flash or an Escape Rope, so after I caught it, I had to wander around in the dark to get back to the way I entered, only to realize I was on the wrong side of a ledge, so I had to wander around even more until I found an Escape Rope.

Also, this is just something dumb. The sign for Mahogany Town says: "Home of the Ninja." I find that a fail, since you're not supposed to know where the ninjas are! Ninjas don't just reveal their location for all to see, they are masters of stealth and secrecy. *rants*

vobgro

Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2012
    When I battle this team rocket grunt, I threw a poke ball at his rattata and guess what? "The trainer block the poke ball" and the rocket grunt is like *Don't be a thief* LOL

Maxite

Ideas and Insanity
    Years
    When I was training my Pokemon before battling the Elite Four, I came across a shiny Doduo. My jaw dropped a bit. I managed to catch it by bringing out my Heracross who knew False Swipe.

Another WTF moment is when I started breeding trying to get a Pokemon of a certain nature and ability, along with an egg move. However, when the Pokemon with the right nature and ability came along, it didn't have the egg move. The father had forgotten the move.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    When I first got my PokeWalker, I was shaking it around/walking when shaking didn't work, trying to level up my Pokemon, only to realize that you could only gain one level per walk.

That disappointed me so much... I was hoping that, the longer the walk, the more levels it gained. It's kind of disappointing that I go out for a walk, and my Pokemon only gains one level when I'm so tired. *does not like to cheat it, LOL*

Also, I remembered a WTF moment I had in the game. After I beat Morty, I went to Mahogany Town to catch the red Gyarados and beat Pryce. I was wondering why the Gyarados was a higher level than my other ones, and why Pryce's Pokemon were, like, ten levels above mine. I managed to win, thanks to Haunter and its epic Curse attack, and then when I looked at my trainer card I realized that I was supposed to beat Jasmine and Chuck first. Whoops.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    LOL I love this thread!
    Not really a WTF moment but I was facing BF TT Palmer he used Milotic and my Gengar used Subsitute and Milotic kept repeating Hypnosis LOL WTF!

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Also, I remembered a WTF moment I had in the game. After I beat Morty, I went to Mahogany Town to catch the red Gyarados and beat Pryce. I was wondering why the Gyarados was a higher level than my other ones, and why Pryce's Pokemon were, like, ten levels above mine. I managed to win, thanks to Haunter and its epic Curse attack, and then when I looked at my trainer card I realized that I was supposed to beat Jasmine and Chuck first. Whoops.

I guess that could be rather infuriating; when I got to Olivine, I neglected to remember that Jasmine was the sixth Gym Leader, not to mrntion that I couldn't find the damn door to the area of the Lighthouse that she was in. A friend who had played the originals told me to face Chuck. Then, I didn't remember that I had Surf, so there was more confusion than there needed to be. Then, when I got back to Olivine, I still couldn't find the damn door to Jasmine! When I finally found it, I did an epic facepalm.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Went to catch kyogre at level 50. had my level 54 ampharos in lead and Kyogre down to 1hp however it still had aqual ring.
    *throws net ball*
    *twitches once.........twitches twice..........twitches three times*
    *Kyogre was caught* - on my first ball too!
    OMFG, WTF, yay.

chezhead

Thirty characters is not enoug
    Years
    I guess that could be rather infuriating; when I got to Olivine, I neglected to remember that Jasmine was the sixth Gym Leader, not to mrntion that I couldn't find the damn door to the area of the Lighthouse that she was in. A friend who had played the originals told me to face Chuck. Then, I didn't remember that I had Surf, so there was more confusion than there needed to be. Then, when I got back to Olivine, I still couldn't find the damn door to Jasmine! When I finally found it, I did an epic facepalm.
    EXACT same thing that happened to me, same order.

Oh, I got a great one.
    I was ready to just check out the battle area, so I tried out the Battle Arcade. I entered a 44 Pidgiot, 43 Garydos, and 39 Dragonair, and beat 7 trainers in a row without even knowing what the board did.
    Wow.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    If you reverse WTF you get FTW. Which is what I yelled when I beat Red for the first time with 3 hp left.

And then I suppose my actual WTF moment would be the 8 hour stretch of time it took for me to catch Raikou and Entei. It took over 70 Ultra Balls. Needless to say, I'm poor in HG right now.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    i was battling bugsy's vespiqueen with my crobat and we both used confuse ray on each other. my confuse raydid nothing and her's did damage to me for 6 turns. aaarrggggghhh!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back