• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
    I was trying to catch um.... Moltres i think it was.

I killed it a few times then i finally got it down to red health and used ALL MY POKEBALLS* ON IT! So i SR'ed and started battling it again.

Got it down to red health and threw a POKE BALL** at it and it caught it.

I was really pissed at it yet happy kinda that i didnt waste my poke balls

( * = Ultra Balls, Friend , Fast, Heavy, Great - The Works
    ( ** = A Regular Poke Ball

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    What in the world is donpham's catch rate ??..*searches bulbapedia*
    60 !!!????

U gotta be kidding me !!
    well i was looking for one in my HG..i surfed it and brought it to 4-5 HP,paralyzed it and threw ultra ball...it broke without shaking !!..OK ..i threw another and another and another and another and another (believe me i can write that 4 more times) till i got frustrated and killed it..seriously ..it was harder than catching dialga/palkia ...when it appeared again i again brought it to 4-5 hp and threw a pokeball
    *gotcha wild donpham was caught* WTF !!!!!!!!!

RocketAdmin.

Custom User Title. :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2011
    My WTF moment was also an Elite Four moment.
    I got to the Elite Four with a pretty sucky team of level 40s and had decided I needed to trade my team over to my Diamong and level them up a good 5-10 levels each.
    Instead I thought, I might as well give it a go.
    Much to my amazement, I walked it. I did it first go! :)

Rileyslucario

Brownie lover
    Years
    I was fighting the EF with 4 pokemon only, Feraligatr lv 54, Magmar lv 45, Togetic lv 23, and Bayleef lv 29. (Forgot to take teh level twenties out of my team.)
    I made it to Koga's Muk and got it down to about 50 HP with Magmar, it used Gunk Shot and OHKOed it. I then sent out feraligatr. IT WENT FIRST AND ONE SHOTTED IT. WTF. Then I sent out togetic, using metronome and using Belly Drum. Then he toxiced me and started using a stat move over and over again while my Metronomes ended up being ember, scratch, zap cannon (which missed, WTF) and Splash (WTF!) Then I died from toxic, sent out bayleef, he did the same thing and it took forever for me to die(WTF.) In the middle of that, I got him down to about 1HP and he used a Full Restore! WTF!
    That was WTF day. (Wow, I've never typed WTF so many times in one post before.

Another wtf moment was when I battled the Kimono girl with jolteon. She kept using double team and my team kepted missing EVERY TURN. It took my Ampharos to defeat it with all ELECTRIC type moves.
    This is impossible. Jolteon has Volt Absorb. An ampharos could not possibly hit it with an electric type move and do damage. Instead, it would heal Jolteon.

Last edited:

M@sterV@der

Rookie Breeder
    Years
    My WTF?! Moment happened when I let my sister trade her pokemon into my game for some quick leveling. She battles wild pokemon and Entei and Raikou decide to hunt her down and appear every five minutes. Then when i try to find them, they hide. She starts training again and ,lo and behold, they decide to hunt her down again -_-

Sealia

Dark Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    This is impossible. Jolteon has Volt Absorb. An ampharos could not possibly hit it with an electric type move and do damage. Instead, it would heal Jolteon.

It didn't for this Jolteon apparently. I kept using thunder and discharge and it eventually fainted. -shrugs- Thus, a wtf moment because my jolteon has volt absorb and I guess other jolteons should too.

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    It didn't for this Jolteon apparently. I kept using thunder and discharge and it eventually fainted. -shrugs- Thus, a wtf moment because my jolteon has volt absorb and I guess other jolteons should too.

Considering my Jolteon recently got paralyzed by an Electric type move and had his health knocked down some, I have to say that where he does have Volt Absorb, somehow it didn't work or it missed or... something.

And no, all of my Pokemon are legit and so is my game.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years

A quick piece of research would suggest that Jolteon cannot have any ability other than Volt Absorb. Dunno what happened.

Anyway, I have one: Getting a Pokemon in the Walker down to 2 pieces of health, then critical hitting it to death >:/ I've since learned that leaving it at 2 health still leaves you with a good chance of catching it. I thought I had another, possibly involving a Geodude, but I can't remember.

EDIT:
    Considering my Jolteon recently got paralyzed by an Electric type move and had his health knocked down some, I have to say that where he does have Volt Absorb, somehow it didn't work or it missed or... something.
    Bulbapedia says that "before the 4th generation Thunder Wave can paralyze a Pokémon with Volt Absorb without setting off the effect". Was it Thunder Wave, in a pre-Gen IV game?

Hahlin

The USN Soldier
    Years
    My WTF moment came from a fight with my friend. 3-6, my 3, a Riolu, Eevee, and Shaymin, against his team on the 50 Wifi. He KO'd 2 of my 3 and I KO'd 3 of his 5. His last Poke was a Gyrados against my Eevee. Eevee got poisoned the start of her shot thanks to toxic spikes, but managed to take the power back with a maxed out Return. I lost the fight because Return didnt OHKO the Gyrados and left it alive by 4 HP. Eevee fainted shortly after.

T_T I raged, lol.

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    @ JakeyBoy:

It was in Soul Silver that it happened, upon my word, and it was from, I am almost positive, an Electrode or a Magnemite. And when I think about it, I think it might have happened with a Mareep as well. I will go and check later tonight and see if it happens again. :?

No poisoning or other status ailment had happened before it. No weather changes either. It was also an in-the-wild encounter.

Years
    Getting to face a Shedinja as my 11th opponent on the Battle Hall with a Specs Vaporeon lacking Shadow Ball. Ghost types were at a mere Rank 2, I wasn't expecting a Shedinja so early...

So fun getting obliterated while unable to do anything. >__< I still tried to Struggle by abusing Hydro Pump, but Shedinja took me down just before I could attack myself.

Last edited:

Jack Kentnon

Derp Trainer
    Years
    My wtf Moment will hant me forever:

It was a lovley mid-March afternoon on Route 45. I had just gotten my Lapras, and I was eager to train it. The Geodudes/Gravelers in the aera were priticulary ripe, and I Surf'ed on them to the best of my advantage. I figured the extra defense would help soften the blow form Dragonite's Outrage. It was almost the perfect day, untill somehting happened: A Gravler apperared. This was no rare occurance, as Gravelers have been showing up all day. But this one was diffenernt, It sparkeled in the devine glow of pure gold. My mind was set, I had to have it, no matter the cost! I prepared my self mentally, everything checked out, Ultraballs: Check! A pokemon that wasent weak to Rock or ground: Check! Timer Ball (just in case): Checkeroo! The stage was set for an extravaganza that I could brag to all my friends with, for all time. I switchd out my Lapras for Umbreon, as I didn't want to K.O. the Gravler. Then, it selfdestructed.
    All hope was lost. The battle was decided before it even started: Gravler had Selfdestruct in his move set, and now there was notheing I could do about it. With the chanses as they are, I will likely never see one agin.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go cry in the corner...

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    Haha, i'm playing SoulSilver (on my DS :D) right now, and i'm in the Rocket Hideout. I talked to this one grunt and he said:

"Feeling lucky, kid? You shouldn't, we have put explosives in the floor! You can blow up any second!"
    or something like that. XD

Hahaha, I was like "LOLWTF" and then I started wondering how they allowed THAT when they've taken out the pervy old men. XD

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    When using the Pokewalker to catch pokemon:

*Uses evade as first move*

*Wild pokemon runs away*

Repeat that many times..... >_<

*Changes up strategy by first using attack then evade. Lowers wild pokemon to 2 HP things. Decides to attack once more to make catching easier. Pokemon deals critical hit, and wild pokemon flees.* :'(

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    Thus far probably the entire Whitney battle. I am so used to the original games where she effing spams damn rollout. I remember my beloved Silver it took me several tries to beat that damn miltank. They totally eased her up in these ones to my shock. She didn't use it once on me nor did she ever milk drink. She was actually fairly easy with a combo of my bayleef poisoning Miltank and my impish(extra defense) Quagsire mud bombing it, it(miltank) has crappy special defense as opposed to it's massive physical defense.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    Okay, ive posted a lot here, but I havent ran out of WTF moments. :D
    Lv. 26 Pikachu against Lv. 20 Meditite
    Pikachu uses Thunder Wave!
    Meditite is paralyzed!
    Me: Ah, this should be really easy!
    Meditite used Facade!
    Pikachu is dead!

blocked my friend from MSN. LOL

SkyShaymin98

Never Underestimate Me...
    Years
    My WTF moment was when I was only using my Fuoco (My Nicknamed Typhlosion) on some 1 pokemon training, and I battled this trainer with a Rapidash, who has the ability to nullify any fire type moves. My Typhlosion only knew fire type moves, and I had to just sit there and wait to die.

Years
    My Big WTF moment is when i caught mewtwo on HG.
    So i went through the cave and everything and got mewtwo with 1 hp. Then I kept using like 53 ultra balls 9 dark balls and 2 great balls...I ran out of balls and the only ones i had left were quick balls so i used one and caught it XD and it was like on the 65th try...Same rate as a pokeball

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back