• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saladfork

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    My WTF moment has more to do with my friend than the game itself, but...

He caught a caterpie, evolved it into a metapod, and named it "Penis."
    "Penis used harden!"
    "Penis used String Shot"
    ... It also, by complete coincidence, had a "hardy" nature.

Aaaaaanyway... He was up against Whitney. I hadn't had much trouble with her, but he was and so against her miltank he was left only with this metapod.
    "Go, Penis!"
    "Miltank used Stomp!"
    "..."
    "You whited out!"
    Damn straight.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I've got a couple I can remember off-hand. The first is really 'WTF' and the second isn't so much, but it's funny.

First was when I went to Mt. Silver the first time just to explore (still not high enough to challenge Red yet, but meh, I'm lazy). I found Moltres and ended up deciding to go ahead and capture it right then. Like all legend-catching battles I started by false swiping the thing to 1HP, but since I think I was multitasking something else at the time I forgot to put it to sleep before chucking balls. Here's the WTF part: I caught it with the first toss (a Dusk Ball)!

The second story was earlier this afternoon when I was in the Safari Zone mass-catching Vibrava. I was laying on my couch at the time and my cat was laying on me. I'd run into a Sandshrew, but as I went to tap 'Run', the cat headbutted my arm causing me to tap 'Ball' instead, and thus she 'caught' a Sandshrew X3

Edit: Oh wow! X3 Lol @ Minun's post. What a coincidence!

Edit 2: Just thought of another one. I think a week ago or so I was trying to catch Raikou and Entei. Once I'd chased 'em around with false swipes I was ready to mean look on the next encounter. I can't recall which one it was but I'd mean look'd it first thing, then switched out to Ninetales for some hypnosis action, but I missed, and after a couple turns it ran away D:< Does mean look really just give you a couple of turns to work with or are these things just that skittish?

Also related to the roaming fellas, my boyfriend was quite shocked when he ran into Entei in the water once X3

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I can't recall which one it was but I'd mean look'd it first thing, then switched out to Ninetales for some hypnosis action, but I missed, and after a couple turns it ran away D:< Does mean look really just give you a couple of turns to work with or are these things just that skittish
    I believe Mean Look's effect runs out once you switch to a different Pokemon (but not if you baton pass)?

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    i pretty much found this out rite before red...
    gliscor used swords dance 3 times
    baton pass to dragonite
    dragonite swept entire team with etremespeed
    charmillionare uses his black glasses EPIC WIN

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    *That one stupid kid calls*

"Hello? Blah blah blah I just beat a Rattata! :D"

Me: "I don't care! After the 500th freakin time I don't care to hear every time you and your weak little pokemon beat a Rattata!!!!!" *click* *Tries to find the delete number button*

>_<

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    My WTF moment has more to do with my friend than the game itself, but...

He caught a caterpie, evolved it into a metapod, and named it "Penis."
    "Penis used harden!"
    "Penis used String Shot"
    ... It also, by complete coincidence, had a "hardy" nature.

Aaaaaanyway... He was up against Whitney. I hadn't had much trouble with her, but he was and so against her miltank he was left only with this metapod.
    "Go, Penis!"
    "Miltank used Stomp!"
    "..."
    "You whited out!"
    Damn straight.

O_O... that's just plain wrong.

Data

Crystal Chocobo
    Years
    This was my first time battling Red on the retail cart.

Ok, so I fly to Mt Silver base, all loaded with Repels, healed my pokemon, and I'm psyched to finally battle red. I climb all the way to Red and I press A while saying "BRING IT!!!" The battle starts. He sends out pikachu. I send out... OMG WTF?! I forgot to switch all of my HM slaves with my actual team?! Pikachu sweeps, I'm sent back down, I get my actual team, climb all the way up while repeating "wtf wtf wtf..." I get up, press A, I sweep with Porygon Z, I feel better. :3

THIS was my 2nd time battling Lance on the ROM.

Ok. I'm standing at the bottom of the steps. I get to my menu and select the full restore. It goes to the pokemon menu and- WTF?! I forgot taht my level 34 Togepi (could NEVER get it happy enough. T.T) was still in the party. I'm like "Crap..." So I put a focus sash on it. After healing my pokemon with full restores and max elixers, I challenge Lance. It was good at first, only lost 3 pokemon before the final Dragonite. But somehow, I miss with my Ninetails hypnosis 3 TIMES in a row while the dragonite kept DDing. So it sweeped my ninetails AND my Mamoswine, so I'm like "... wait, what the heck just happened?" I send out Togepi and use Metrenome. Of course lance strikes first with draco meteor (or something, I can't remember), and focus sash activated. My turn, metrenome is used... OMG AVALANCHE FTW!!! I kill off the rest of that dragonite's HP and beat the champion again! After that, it turned into togetic... TRIPLE WTF!!!

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I believe Mean Look's effect runs out once you switch to a different Pokemon (but not if you baton pass)?

You're right. A baton pass will transfer the Mean Look therefore the foe cannot escape.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 29, 2010
    Having a battle with trainer red... i think i just crapped my pants.

Some of the phone calls I get on the Pokegear are just downright ridiculous... XD

For example:
    *Pokegear rings*
    Bug catcher noob: HEY MY BUG POKEMON LIKE TO LICK PEANUT BUTTER OF MY BA....
    You: *Hangs up* Why did i add him...

Last edited:

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Just this very morn, I decided to attempt rematching the Elite Four with underlevelled Pokémon in an attempt to gain some levels.

I was struggling against Bruno, having used all my Pokés as sacrifices in order to keep using Pidgeot, who is supereffective against Fighting types. Well, I was on my second SR of the battle, and attempting to just take down that damn Hariyama of his, and my Feraligatr managed to get a couple of Surfs in before being KO'd. Now my Pidgeot was my last remaining Pokémon, he was at half-health after reviving and it was now or never.

I sent my Pidgeot out. I used Fly. His Low Kick missed. Fly hit. The Hariyama had two pixels of HP left. This is what happened in my first battle (before I SR'd). I knew he would be able to KO Pidge with Low Kick. It was his attack.

He used Bulk Up.

O.O
    WTF?

That was his chance to kill me and defeat me. He could have used Low Kick and defeated me. Instead he used Bulk Up! I laughed aloud, selected Fly and defeated him on the next turn. Victory was mine! ~♪

Years
    I healed Amphy at the Lighthouse. Jasmine unlocked the door, but she got down using the stairs, not the elevator. I though, "hey, I will follow her". But then I discovered that there is no way to get out of the Lighthouse using the stairs. So, Jasmine can fly or something?

Pokégear rang. Professor Oak. It was his first call, i though "it's going to be something important". Oak: "Hello! Keep working on your Pokedex!"... WHAT? And Lyra's Marril evolved a lot of times. And it is still a Marril. I think she forgot her Marril and Ditto at the Day Care. Result, lots of Marril. And the Day-Care Man still doesn't know where they come from.

I battled Misty at a rematch, then I left the Dojo and called her for another rematch. She said: "I heard a lot of things from you since our last battle". Ok, I'm the most famous trainer of all.

Route 1. It looked like I was playing Pokémon Yellow with Pikachu following me. I beated a trainer, and he said: "When two trainers meet each other, the first thing they do is battle. I was doing that since the start of the game. I REALLY DIDN'T KNOW THAT.

Rematch against Falkner. He is the first one, so he shoud be the easiest. He sent Swellow. Flame Orb put a burn on it. I though "why to burn his Swellow?" Then he used facade. Knocked out my pokemon, then it got to red HP, and knocked out more 2 using Facade. WHAAAAAAT? Then I finally beated it. Pidgot. Used double team. And I just couldn't hit it. If it wasn't for my Togekiss and Aura Sphere, I would lost the battle.

Arceus event, when it creates Dialga/Palkia/Giratina . Just the most weird thing. In Pokémon. Ever. Really.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    One of the times I tried to catch Ho-oh, the battle lasted so long that it killed itself with Struggle o_o

ichuesther

The girl with the Charizard.
    Years
    The voltorb flip is easy, it just requires brains. Calculate the rows and columns with the number of voltorbs and the ones that tell you the number of points that add up from each card :)

My wtf moment (I can't really blame the game for this, but I can blame my ds :@)
    I was battling blackthorn city's gym leader, i was on the LAST pokemon and then my game froze on me :@
    and i forgot to save before the battle and didn't save until before entering the ice path so I had to go through ice path all over again and do everything -_-

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2010
    Today I bred my Blaziken and my ditto and got a torchic. Hatched it and decided to breed my Blaziken and its offspring together. Well What do you know, they mate and now the egg has a Father and a brother at the same time!

monkeylampshade

the secret character of Brawl
    Years
    Here's mine...

I'm in the Battle Hall with my beast Electivire named Overkill, and I'm on my 10th challenge meaning I had a 90 win streak.
    I pick Dragon to sweep through, knocking everything down to the count with Ice Punch, until I get to the 98th battle.
    I was so very confident that I would be able to get to Argenta again that night, ecstatic even.
    So I pick Dragon again, all's good.
    Now I assure you that my DSi was completely safe within the palms of my hands, but when the type select screen disappeared...
    THE GAME FREAKIN FREEZES!! FOR NO REASON!!

W...T...F...

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Missing an attack with 95% accuracy three times in a row...seriously!!??!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back