• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    On HG, I was walking with my Poliwag in Olivine City, at the beach near Route 40, when I turned around to talk to it. Then, next thing I know, a box of text at the bottom of my screen reads: "Poliwag Roared Loudly." :cer_disbelief: WTF? I didn't know Poliwag could roar! :cer_confused:

LOL, my Chikorita roared loudly once. :P

Also, I was fighting Whitney, I sent out Gengar and her Miltank's stomp hit. I never knew Miltank had the scrappy ability. After Focus Blast finally hit I OHKO'd Miltank :D

Another story is I was fighting Jasmine, and I sent out my Meganium against Steelix. I use Magical Leaf and it OHKO's it.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Trying to catch Zapdos this afternoon. Used a lvl 45 Aggron, because he's a ground/rock type. I figured using him would make him immune to Zapdos electric attacks....apparently not. He was 1 hit KO'd by Zapdos's discharge. I was like WTF? I guess there must be some sort of explanation or exception that I do not know about. I still can't figure out how that was possible...

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
    Years
    Trying to catch Zapdos this afternoon. Used a lvl 45 Aggron, because he's a ground/rock type. I figured using him would make him immune to Zapdos electric attacks....apparently not. He was 1 hit KO'd by Zapdos's discharge. I was like WTF? I guess there must be some sort of explanation or exception that I do not know about. I still can't figure out how that was possible...
    Thats because Aggron is Steel/Rock type.

My wtf moment was where i was playing the battle Tower in HG, and i won 5 battles straight without damage, then i went up against a Dugtrio, and it fissured my 3 pokemon (Starmie, Sizor, and Salamence)...¬¬

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Thats because Aggron is Steel/Rock type.

My wtf moment was where i was playing the battle Tower in HG, and i won 5 battles straight without damage, then i went up against a Dugtrio, and it fissured my 3 pokemon (Starmie, Sizor, and Salamence)...¬¬

Ohh I see...

I had a similar WTF moment this morning. I battled at the Battle Factory. Beat the first 7 easily, then I did it a second tim, and when I got to the 7th person, I beat their first two Pokemon and then the last one just completely defeated me. Don't remember which Pokemon, I was tired when I played it. Wasn't happy about that. I'm desperately trying to get BP.

Years
    having my pokemon at lv. 35 and above and still getting smashed by milktank.

being able to run through the entire e4 with a lv.61 dragonite an two full restores.

winning all the events in a pokelathon event only to lose to the person that always came in second just because he got points for having the "pokemon that failed the most."

when a lv. 10 ditto wiped out my whole team.

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    Trying to catch entei today. Used false swipe and got it down to one hp and it fled. Tracked it down again used spore and put it to sleep. I was going to throw a ball at it when the screen says that entei fled. WTF?! Entei just sleep ran away.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Trying to catch entei today. Used false swipe and got it down to one hp and it fled. Tracked it down again used spore and put it to sleep. I was going to throw a ball at it when the screen says that entei fled. WTF?! Entei just sleep ran away.

it was sleep walkin XD thats too cool XD

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    Oh… when I had Lugia on like 15 HP and tried to get it to 1 HP with Lv. 1 Togepi… it used something stupid like tackle and it killed Ho-oH… >_<

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    Oh… when I had Lugia on like 15 HP and tried to get it to 1 HP with Lv. 1 Togepi… it used something stupid like tackle and it killed Ho-oH… >_<

Er... did Lugia just transform into Ho-Oh or did you mean to say Lugia?

My WTF moment today was when I found out Fire wasn't super-effective on Flying. I played Pokemon for 5 years and never knew that.

Ronin

Lazlo Woodbine’s apprentice
    Years
    I have quite a few "WTF?" moments. For example, when I try to use a move like Psychic and it doesn't affect the foe's Pokémon, ending up in a horribly corrupted plan.

That has happened to me more than a few times against Stunky, It always seems to go:

Oh Stunky he's a poison type I'll KO him with psychic
    *psychic had no effect*
    oh yeah... poison *and* dark... blast
    *stunky used Night Slash*
    and I just have to hope my pokemon doesn't faint

You'd think I'd learn.

Years
    Finding out that a repel does'nt work on a tentacool
    me:i don't want to run into wild pokemon on the water route so I'll use a repel
    tentacool: lets attack this trainer
    me: AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ps: is this a special ability of tentacool or was that just a glitch?

If Tentacool was at a higher level than the first Pokemon in your party, then that's why you ran into it.

My moment:

Caught Latias with a Fast Ball the first encounter and try. Saved the game right after.

Last edited:

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
    LOL, my Chikorita roared loudly once. :P

Also, I was fighting Whitney, I sent out Gengar and her Miltank's stomp hit. I never knew Miltank had the scrappy ability. After Focus Blast finally hit I OHKO'd Miltank :D

Another story is I was fighting Jasmine, and I sent out my Meganium against Steelix. I use Magical Leaf and it OHKO's it.

The same thing with Whitney happened to me. The Scrappy ability makes sense though.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    My most WTF moment?

I was training my Yanma, so I decided to check how it was doing. Apparently, "Yanma nearly fell over" or something like that. How on Earth can a Yanma fall over? >_<

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    My most WTF moment?

I was training my Yanma, so I decided to check how it was doing. Apparently, "Yanma nearly fell over" or something like that. How on Earth can a Yanma fall over? >_<

it landed, and tripped :P lol

TehYoshiNinja

Back, again.
    Years
    I was using my Pidgeot in battle when I was against some Hiker who had a Graveler. Anyway, I used fly and my Pidgeot went up into the air waiting to attack next turn but then the Hiker got his Graveler to use self-destruct and my Pidgeot went unharmed because Pidgeot was still in the air. It was weird the Hiker decided to do that, it was the easiest win ever.

Haha, I did exactly that the other day, (yeah, I just got SS a few days ago) but with my Togetic. Pretty much:

Hiker Whatever sent out GRAVELER!
    TOGETIC flew up into the air!
    The foe's GRAVELER used Self-Destruct!
    The foe's GRAVELER's attack missed!
    The foe's GRAVELER fainted!
    Hiker Whatever sent out RATTATA!
    TOGETIC used FLY!
    The foe's RATTATA fainted!

So, pretty much, I beat him with one move XD

Oh, and I get the old 'Ultra Ball doesn't work, let's spam crappy balls, HOLY IT WORKED' a lot... I caught my Red Gyarados with a Heal Ball XD

nm legend

Years
    my first moment was probaly when i was fighting whitneys miltank...i guess i was lil behind on my pokemons levels and it took me FOREVER to beat it,(used a hella lot of potions), cathing ho-oh with only 4 ultra balls(in leafgreen went threw 75 ultra balls in three trys to get zapdos) and so far just me owning everything that crosses my path...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back