• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    The time I tried to catch Ho-Oh. 1 HP. Asleep. 8 Ultra Balls! AAARRRRGH!! RRAAAAGE! I ended up having to use my one Master Ball...

Then recently I tried to see the medals won by my Pikachu when I couldn't find them. For a minute I thought my game glitched up but then I realized I was just looking at it wrong! Eh-heh...

nidorina

Ash Ketchum groupie~1998♥
    Years
    I forget who I was battling (a tough trainer though), but they had a Bellossom. And the Bellossom was using Solar Beam. You know, that move my Chikorita has to waste a turn charging to use? Yeah well, there was something special about this trainer's Bellossom, OF COURSE, and it didn't have to charge. COOL.

I'm thinking theres probably a reason for this (other than the game being rigged) but i can't think of any.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2011
    Well...I was trying to catch the legendary Entei...and then finnaly I found it:

A WILD ENTEI APPEARED!
    GO! SNORLAX!
    SNORLAX USED BLOCK!
    WILD ENTEI USED ROAR.....
    XDDDD

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    I forget who I was battling (a tough trainer though), but they had a Bellossom. And the Bellossom was using Solar Beam. You know, that move my Chikorita has to waste a turn charging to use? Yeah well, there was something special about this trainer's Bellossom, OF COURSE, and it didn't have to charge. COOL.

I'm thinking theres probably a reason for this (other than the game being rigged) but i can't think of any.

Ah... Was the weather sunny day? If that's there, Solar Beam takes one turn.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Charizard used Air slash, kingdra flinched.
    Charizard used Air slash, Kingdra flinched.
    Charizard used Air slash, Kingdra flinched.

Screw you Lance and all you hacking and crap.

wobbuffett

USELESS Pokemon
    Years
    When Lance used Perish Song on his last Pokemon. What an idiot xD

Also, when I beat all of the Elite Four first time with no items and basically two Pokemon (the rest were level 35 or lower). Obviously I didn't beat Lance. But still, WTF?

EDIT; Oh yeah, there was also the time I caught a Magikarp that knew a move other than Splash. And the time that my friend Ash caught my Rayquaza with one Ultra Ball without attacking it. I was like... :|. Must be something in the name.

Last edited:

Tatsuo-san

<[Aye, aye, dood!]>
    Years
    Yeah, the first time was, when i just walked at some route. I've not looked at the Pokegear map and... when i got to the tall grass the wild pokemon has appeared. And... when i saw Entei i've screamed something like "What the f****** f***?!"...
    That was funny, yeah.

FizzleBizzle666

Resurgam--> i shall rise again
    Years
    after many attempts at the pokemon league i got to lance all the way down to his last dragonite then battery ran out and i forgot to save before facing him... >:( and i also once cracked my ds screen when i tried over 10 times to beat a gym leader and i couldnt do it and i got p***ed off and i slammed down the screen which cracked it.

gw

Years
    How unlucky can u get!?

OK this is something I wanted to share with u guys, I might wrote a 'book' here but l hope I can gain ur time 2 read it. u may say this is a wtf moment like the previous post put I feel this is more than a WTF for me, this is something that I felt like taking my Heat Gold and smash it to pieces. Ok here goes.
    The only game I play for the DS is super MarioDs and Heart Gold. (not much of a gamer anymore.) When comes to the subject in playing super Mario and always dying I'm like "Screw you Mario." And when comes to playing HG and losing by the biggest atomic unfair thing, I'm like "F*** this game, im reading a book!" OK… u know the battle tower right? After defeating Palmer u get a ribbon, defeat him again 49th strike, you get another 'gorgeous ribbon.'…… I wanted those ribbons, so I beat Palmer quick and easy in strike 21. Then I was doing pretty well like in strike 40 something, and I was like "Yes, yes! Just a few more and can reach Palmer " until the rich Boy comes.
    This is what happened:
    Computer (rich boy) uses electabuzz.
    Me: uh~ electabuzz.. that is easy . I'll used , my absol's god- like sucker Puck and the sucker will be dead.
    Player sends out absol.
    Absol used sucker punch….it missed
    Me: agrrrrr….ok ok it's cool- it's cool it rarely happens.
    Foe's electabuzz used cross shop. Its super effective…. Absol Fainted. Me: well, I expected that.
    Player send out dragonite. Me: yeah~ my 202 attack stat dragonite will kick its sorry a**.
    Dragonite used earthquake. Electabuzz ADVOIDED the attack, me: ok thas its weird!
    Ellectabuzz used thunder punch. It took a quarter of damage. Dragon- used earthquake, and what did u think? the foe avoid it again. Took me another quarter of damage, used Earthquake one more time ,Oh Yeah- u know What happened next? It missed. This time it didn't avoided, no…. it freaking had TO MISS.
    The God-D# ellectabuzz used thunderpuch, critical hit! Dragon- its dead. Then I sent out my Flash-like jolteon, I thunderbolt it, that monster remained with little red HP then Gross Shop me, critical hit, I was out………..
    Me:L OH yeah! The computer can critical hit me and I can't to it! She cant miss but i can! That's really freaking nice!
    This its true( with all my heartt! im not joking!) All I have2 say it's that the computer it's a sheathing B****. If something this unlucky happened 2 u with the computer or wi-fi batlle,or somthing ridiculously unlicky shared with me. Thank for u time.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I was tryin to catch articuno, got it down to 1 hp, no status, but it was confused before (that's how it got down that low) and it still took over half of the 30 somethin' ultraballs I brought in there plus two fast balls (both when it had used agility to the point where it's speed wouldn't increase) It was just about to the point where it would have used struggle too. It took so long that if I had had any timer balls I would've caught it almost garunteed.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    @ gw, Merged your thread here. While it does seem like quite an unlucky event, this is probably the best place it fits as it doesn't warrant its own thread with this here already. Sorry to hear about your loss though, that's quite some defeat there. I always hated how bad luck can sometimes strike you at the worst moments. :\

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    I didn't know that the battle music changed once you reached Kanto, so the first time a Pokémon attacked me in the grass the weird music made me think I was confronting one of the Legendary Beasts, lmfao. I was just cursing myself that I had no PokéBalls on me when...a Wild Pidgey Appeared! And I was very much like wut.

Years
    lets se. it wasnt heartgold or soulsilver but it was the first gold version that came out when i caught lugia at lvl 70 with a greatball!!! didnt even paralyz it or put it to sleep. just got it at very little hp. it took like 50 greatballs but hey didnt have to waste my masterball.

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
    okay... on HG i was playing through it rather fast First time i Encountered Entei it had full health and i threw a Pokeball for Kicks and Giggles because i knew it wouldn't catch it.. it Caught it and i was Shocked about 30 minutes later Raikou shows up and i throw a Premier Ball at it and i was like Pfft Raikou isn't gonna be caught.. it Caught it.. i was so Happy and Surprised... until my little cousin came up behind me for a "Surprise" and pushed me... i dropped my DS and it Died... i hadn't saved for 2 hours... i wasn't able to Catch them After that... Saddening v.v

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2010
    i was fighting my friend and he used volt tackle and didnt take any recoil and i was like wtf :'( and he had like 1 hp left.
    and then another time he used thunder turn of them game and my game just went to the loose screen and it counted as a loss for me :( and i had 20-2 :/

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2010
    While leveling my Pokemon in Cerulean Cave, I stumbled my way to Mewtwo despite not having Flash or using a guide

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back