• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Politoed

Dreamer
    Years
    ok so i was trying to get an espeon so i was training with the elite four and was battling lance's last pokemon Eevee had an experience share and only my dragonite and eevee were alive my dragonite gets killed and i send out this level 43 eevee so there was his charzard
    barley no health left and just waiting to die i make eevee used sand attack and his attacks keep missing and a miracle happens and eevee kills him with bite XD (bout a 3 streak of lucky misses)

I looked at my game and said WTF?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    OK this is something I wanted to share with u guys, I might wrote a 'book' here but l hope I can gain ur time 2 read it. u may say this is a wtf moment like the previous post put I feel this is more than a WTF for me, this is something that I felt like taking my Heat Gold and smash it to pieces. Ok here goes.
    The only game I play for the DS is super MarioDs and Heart Gold. (not much of a gamer anymore.) When comes to the subject in playing super Mario and always dying I'm like "Screw you Mario." And when comes to playing HG and losing by the biggest atomic unfair thing, I'm like "F*** this game, im reading a book!" OK… u know the battle tower right? After defeating Palmer u get a ribbon, defeat him again 49th strike, you get another 'gorgeous ribbon.'…… I wanted those ribbons, so I beat Palmer quick and easy in strike 21. Then I was doing pretty well like in strike 40 something, and I was like "Yes, yes! Just a few more and can reach Palmer " until the rich Boy comes.
    This is what happened:
    Computer (rich boy) uses electabuzz.
    Me: uh~ electabuzz.. that is easy . I'll used , my absol's god- like sucker Puck and the sucker will be dead.
    Player sends out absol.
    Absol used sucker punch….it missed
    Me: agrrrrr….ok ok it's cool- it's cool it rarely happens.
    Foe's electabuzz used cross shop. Its super effective…. Absol Fainted. Me: well, I expected that.
    Player send out dragonite. Me: yeah~ my 202 attack stat dragonite will kick its sorry a**.
    Dragonite used earthquake. Electabuzz ADVOIDED the attack, me: ok thas its weird!
    Ellectabuzz used thunder punch. It took a quarter of damage. Dragon- used earthquake, and what did u think? the foe avoid it again. Took me another quarter of damage, used Earthquake one more time ,Oh Yeah- u know What happened next? It missed. This time it didn't avoided, no…. it freaking had TO MISS.
    The God-D# ellectabuzz used thunderpuch, critical hit! Dragon- its dead. Then I sent out my Flash-like jolteon, I thunderbolt it, that monster remained with little red HP then Gross Shop me, critical hit, I was out………..
    Me:L OH yeah! The computer can critical hit me and I can't to it! She cant miss but i can! That's really freaking nice!
    This its true( with all my heartt! im not joking!) All I have2 say it's that the computer it's a sheathing B****. If something this unlucky happened 2 u with the computer or wi-fi batlle,or somthing ridiculously unlicky shared with me. Thank for u time.
    ground attacks miss to flying/levititating pokémon.

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2019
    this isnt mine, but a friend ran into a shiney Hoothoot before getting his 1st 5 pokeballs

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    aaahhh, the perfect life, typing lots of updates and missingno. almost wrecking my game jdebcd. WHAT! MISSING NO!! AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!
    UPDATE
    -caught red gyarados.:P;)
    -destroyed team rockets base
    -togepi evolved after a haircut!!YAY:P;)
    -caught natu!!:P;)
    -taught gyarados fire blast for pryce
    -not played on since becouse of throat infection and headache but i'm better now
    MISSINGNO.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    -BATTLED BUG CATCHER CALLUM(ALL LEVEL 999 1.ARCEUS 2.ZORUARK 3.ZEKROM 4.RESHIRAM 5.ZUNTAR 6.SLASHTHON(UNDISCOVERED) 7.SHOCKANA (UNDISCOVERED)8.MISSINGNO.!
    -FOUND 3 MASTERBALLS!!
    -FOUND 3 LUBIA WITH NUMBERS ON ITS CHEST
    -CAUGHT THEM IN ORDER 2,1,3
    -CAME FROZE
    -FOUND LETTER APPEARED AND COMLETED MY GAME!!:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:):):)
    -D.S RAN OUT AND LOST EVERYTHING I JUST DID:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

TEAM NOW
    extasensory
    metronome

gyarados(shiny)lvl33
    bite
    dragon rage
    ice fang
    fire blast

war plane (fearow) lvl 30
    mirror move
    aerial ace
    pursuit
    fury attack

crocanaw lvl 21
    surf
    rock smash
    stength
    cut

natu lvl20
    teleport
    lucky chant
    miracle eye
    me first

This.

Lmao happened in my challenge thread.

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    This.

That was the biggest piece of spam, since the time on an other forum a guy said that he would shoot down his school. LOL. But on topic, I found a Shiny Gligar in my game, I freaked out, and I spammed like ten ultra balls. But it was actually my Imagination. Damn and Damn. and WTF I could of probably saw that! God hate, does he not!?

PH1L2795

DA M4$TA
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2014
    The biggest WTF moment I had happened a week ago when I was catching Lugia. I throw a quick ball as soon as I get into battle.
    'Congratulations wild Lugia was caught!'
    WTF :S

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    This.

My favourite part is:
    "-FOUND 3 MASTERBALLS!!
    -FOUND 3 LUBIA WITH NUMBERS ON ITS CHEST
    -CAUGHT THEM IN ORDER 2,1,3"

Just to stay on Topic, Youngster Joey deafeated me when he challenged me to re-match <_<

wobbuffett

USELESS Pokemon
    Years
    New WTF moment; random Bird Keeper on Route 4.

Pokemon;
    Pidgey - Level 13 (My Typhlosion is Level 67, wtf are you doing?)
    Pidgeot - Level 44... Talk about favouritism!

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2010
    I was Raikou hunting yesterday, happened across him 4 or 5 times, all using Mean Look, he Roar's as usual after like 6 or 7 Ultra Balls.

I find him again, don't do anything but chuck a Fast Ball. Caught it :)

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
    Decided to try EV training for the first time, so I got my Chikorita and started tackling away at Hoothoots... low and behold afte 100 or so a Shiny one pops out... I go to throw a Pokéball only to realise... I haven't been shown how to yet *nerd rage*

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    *casually checks Bulbapedia threads*

"Wait a minute..."

*rereads*

"THE SONGS FROM GB SOUNDS AREN'T THE SAME AS THE ONES FROM GOLD AND SILVER?!"

*twitches*

"WHAT THE F-"

*head explodes*

This was obvious after listening to a few musical tunes with it (especially the Johto Wild Battle Theme). I was a bit upset.

It probably would've been quicker and easier just to port over the sound tracks too.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
    My wtf moment was also catching Ho-Oh, I stocked up on Ultra balls, I had about 40.
    Got up to him, Had him paralysed and on very low HP then started chucking ultra balls at him. Nothing worked I finally ran out of ultra balls and had a great ball left so I threw it and it caught him....I definitely said WTF out loud

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I was training my newly caught Pidgey at level 2 when i ran into a Hoppip at level 6.

I was doing well, as it only knew splash and syntesis and it used all 5 synthesis uses, and I was about to finish it off. It then used struggle... I guess I took too long and it ran out of PP for splash.

Silver.Nova

Golden Smile and Silver Tears
    Years
    *casually checks Bulbapedia threads*

"Wait a minute..."

*rereads*

"THE SONGS FROM GB SOUNDS AREN'T THE SAME AS THE ONES FROM GOLD AND SILVER?!"

*twitches*

"WHAT THE F-"

*head explodes*
    I died a little inside when I found that out by listening to the Pokemart theme. ;-;

Still not over it...

G-Virus

The B.O.W. King
    Years
    Here's another obe that happened 15 minutes ago. I put up a Raikou for offer on the GTS (eh, didn't really use it and I don't like Raikou that much anyways) for Dusknoir. I got Duaknoir and I checked it's stats and jumped when I saw the initials "PKRS" next to it's name. I was extremely happy and started infecting all my other pokemon with it. Why is this a WTF? Because I was never expecting someone to trade me a Pokerus infected pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back